The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Sounds like it's not charged up to full? After a FULL CHARGE, there should not be any charging when used plugged in. If it's charging and heating, I wouldn't be doing it. I would only use it plugged in while charging in an absolute emergency.

Or perhaps i'm just not being observant enough?
You're correct, I mis-stated. When starting from a full charge (no blinking), plugged in, the light stays solid, no blinking through a session (even two!)
What I described does happen if the Mighty is plugged in and used when less-than fully charged.
However, I'll add that "full bars/not flashing" is only indicative of nearly-full to full, not simply full. (The proof of this is that without plugin, from full, you can do a short session and the bars will stay full, even though the charge must be down by some amount.
Even when using it plugged in and the bars are full/not flashing, I think its still got to be cycling between supplying heat and charging (am I right thinking it can't do both simultaneously? isn't that pass thru?). But the state of charge just doesn't go down enough to drop a bar and make the lights flash., so it looks to be full throughout the sess.

I think I'd ultimately be better served by a desktop vape, though I keep buying portables. Some may cringe, but my attitude has had to loosen a bit about battery life. I tend to just use the vape and worry much more about "is it charged enough?" than "what's my optimal battery-life plan?" when the time comes, I hope to hone my soldering skills...

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Sounds like it's not charged up to full? After a FULL CHARGE, there should not be any charging when used plugged in. If it's charging and heating, I wouldn't be doing it. I would only use it plugged in while charging in an absolute emergency.

Or perhaps i'm just not being observant enough?
The mighty does charge and heat at the same time...there is no true pass through for it.

When the mighty is heating it stops charging and pulls from the batteries after the temp is reached it starts charging again because the heater isn't pulling heavily on the the current?

Not sure if my terminology is correct 100%

But if you had a mighty with NO batteries it wouldn't work. Unlinked my arizer air that works plugged in with no battery.

Unless I'm missing something?

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: Michel

Lahey

Cruisin'
Stupid question: If I leave my charger plugged into the wall (not connected to the Mighty) is it still drawing current?

I've always assumed that any power adapter/ charger would only draw current when attached to its device, but thought I remembered reading a while back that someone noticed something about the Mighty continuing to draw current, although that may have been just while plugged in. Searched and couldn't find that specific post since there are so many posts relating to "charging," "power," "current" etc. Somebody please drop some knowledge.

Justpassedu

My mighty is a lifesaver for flareups, the larger bowl size and quick heat up times, and overall quick session times are a god send.

I have to wait ~12 min for my air to heat up and have a 10 min session.
My mighty takes about 1 min to heat up and my sessions last ~5min

does anyone else have a mighty with temp that doesnt stay set on the desired temp

I will set mine to 385 for example, and it will go back and forth between 381 or 2 and 388, is this normal? it doesnt seem to be effecting performance but wanted to be sure
The air takes a little over a minute to heat up sometimes less with a full charge and sessions are only 7 minutes , its not a bad vape at all just different from the mighty and actually happens to provide really really nice flavor. I dunno where your pulling your info from man.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I'm really surprised at how many people have the Herbie and Mighty. I'm even more surprised that some have put their herbie in hibernation because they got a mighty. It makes me really curious what the experience will be for me as I love my Herbalizer to bits.

I plan to use my mighty when I'm not in my room and my herbie will be my main unit. I go out to a friend's place to hang out on a weekly basis so it will be nice versus dragging my herbie over there.

--------------------

Stupid question: If I leave my charger plugged into the wall (not connected to the Mighty) is it still drawing current?

I've always assumed that any power adapter/ charger would only draw current when attached to its device, but thought I remembered reading a while back that someone noticed something about the Mighty continuing to draw current, although that may have been just while plugged in. Searched and couldn't find that specific post since there are so many posts relating to "charging," "power," "current" etc. Somebody please drop some knowledge.

All transformers waste electricity when plugged in. Notice how they feel slightly warm to the touch when plugged into the wall? That's the wasted energy in the form of heat.

freshly baked

I'm really surprised at how many people have the Herbie and Mighty. I'm even more surprised that some have put their herbie in hibernation because they got a mighty. It makes me really curious what the experience will be for me as I love my Herbalizer to bits.
First let me say I love my Herbie too but its a matter of convenience that has me grabbing the mighty many times. Kicked back in the recliner with a mighty and finishing it all without moving much more than my arm back and forth to hit it. With the Herbie, for me anyway, its fill a bag which means holding the bag while it fills.. take a few hits... fill bag again.. take a few hits... Im just not big on the Herbie whip myself. My herbie is not so much in hibernation. I will grab it a least 3 or 4 times a week. Options.... a great thing to have when talking vaporizers.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
First let me say I love my Herbie too but its a matter of convenience that has me grabbing the mighty many times. Kicked back in the recliner with a mighty and finishing it all without moving much more than my arm back and forth to hit it. With the Herbie, for me anyway, its fill a bag which means holding the bag while it fills.. take a few hits... fill bag again.. take a few hits... Im just not big on the Herbie whip myself. My herbie is not so much in hibernation. I will grab it a least 3 or 4 times a week. Options.... a great thing to have when talking vaporizers.

Ahh I can understand where you're coming from.

I find that bags are my favourite way to use the Herbie. The whip doesn't yield consistent results, constantly drawing on it to get the weed hot enough makes my throat sore, and bags are the only way I use concentrates in the device. So, the Herbalizer will always be in active use for me as a bag filler. :D

I just ordered the Volcano Solid Valve for my Herbie, so hopefully I'll have much better luck with that system.

Anyways, I have some time to spend with my Herbie before my Mighty gets here. I was dumb and didn't select the express shipping so it's not going to arrive until the 17th! Oh well, I should have learned from past experience.

freshly baked

I just ordered the Volcano Solid Valve for my Herbie, so hopefully I'll have much better luck with that system.

Id always wanted to try the solid valve system but I believe I remember reading it doesn't fit right out of the box. What mods have to be made to make this work on the herbilizer?

freshly baked,
Reactions: blackstone

Spocks_Katra

Why does it take 12 minutes for your air to heat up??seems way too long for the air when i had it?

@Justpassedu

I should have worded that better, what I meant was from start of heatup to end of session is about 12 min. I believe the timer on the air starts after the heatup ends. I love my air and mighty equally, they serve overlapping purposes and sometimes different ones

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Id always wanted to try the solid valve system but I believe I remember reading it doesn't fit right out of the box. What mods have to be made to make this work on the herbilizer?

It's a straight fit that needs to be pressed down to fit tightly on the Herbie stem.

I might lathe the Herbie chamber top or the Solid valve if I find that I want a better seal. I'm not going back to the squeezevalves at any rate.

blackstone

I sent the price of a Mighty to my PP account last night so I'm covered whether I decide to go for Mighty or Crafty. I thought I might be able to get a FF2 if I changed my mind but thats probably out of budget and I probably wont have the patience to wait for it.
I also emailed S&B to see which unit they would recommend to me. The Craftys good looks, light weight and small size has me roped in, and while I know the Mightys performance and spec would have me smiling, I'm still afraid it's a little too big or heavy for what I need.
Watching some videos and it's helping me get a feel for the sizes.
I bet S&B will recommend the Mighty to me, and when it comes it will probably be much smaller/lighter than I thought!
Need to get one of them soon though, have some sweet aromatherapy here that deserves the best in portable convection/conduction! You know how it is!

blackstone,

TokesandJokes

I sent the price of a Mighty to my PP account last night so I'm covered whether I decide to go for Mighty or Crafty. I thought I might be able to get a FF2 if I changed my mind but thats probably out of budget and I probably wont have the patience to wait for it.
I also emailed S&B to see which unit they would recommend to me. The Craftys good looks, light weight and small size has me roped in, and while I know the Mightys performance and spec would have me smiling, I'm still afraid it's a little too big or heavy for what I need.
Watching some videos and it's helping me get a feel for the sizes.
I bet S&B will recommend the Mighty to me, and when it comes it will probably be much smaller/lighter than I thought!
Need to get one of them soon though, have some sweet aromatherapy here that deserves the best in portable convection/conduction! You know how it is!

If you think an iPhone 6 Plus is too big in your hand (for a vape) then I would go for the Crafty. Your not putting the mighty in your front pocket, but your back pocket of jeans? Easy Peasy. Its really not as big as you think, but its not as small as you would hope.

Mighty is almost twice the size, but its also:

Speedier heat up
More Durable
Twice the Battery
No App to deal with (some like the app)
No timer for hours used for S&B to use against you.
The fact that most Crafty owners pay extra out of pocket to upgrade to a Mighty after 2nd-3rd RMA

LouFeinberg

If you think an iPhone 6 Plus is too big in your hand (for a vape) then I would go for the Crafty.

I'd still go for a Mighty. You're not holding it to your ear for 10 minutes at a time. :lol:

But I did in fact post a side by side comparison of the Mighty and a white iPhone 6 earlier on this thread, and the Mighty is quite a bit smaller, if of course wider. I actually find it more comfortable to hold.

Weighs a bit more, as you'd expect, but not as much more as you'd expect from the difference in width: only about 100 g (129g vs 230g). Maybe it's because of the iPhone glass vs. the plastic fins on the Mighty, but it really doesn't give the impression to me of being a particularly heavy device. Solid, yes, but very easy on the hands.

PLUS THIS

Speedier heat up
More Durable
Twice the Battery
No App to deal with (some like the app)
The fact that most Crafty owners pay extra out of pocket to upgrade to a Mighty after 2nd-3rd RMA

:rockon:

blackstone

Thanks guys, interesting points there too. Weird how the hour-meter is Crafty only, I guess it was easy to put on the app. It goes with what someone said (and I also remember seeing it) that (somewhere, FAQ?) they do not really recommend the Crafty for multiple back to back sessions, while they do with the Mighty.
So they probably wanted to have an idea of usage.
I know I would have just got the Mighty, but a while back a non-vape guy saw my Solo (without the stem) and he remarked that it was ok but it was a complete monster in size (probably in comparison to e-cigs).
From this moment on, I wanted something that looked a bit smaller than the Solo, not bigger!
But f@*k that, maybe I should buy the thing thats gonna twiddle all my other knobs, and not worry how it looks or size-wize.
As you say, Mighty's not that big.
Another few days till I can order anyway I'll have a good think/read etc
Thanks guys! FC rawks

Spocks_Katra

do you guys like taking off the CU when the device is warm, or do you leave it on until you pack for the next sesh.

im reading conflicting views and I wanted some more opinions. some say taking it off while warm and clearing it out is better, some say if you take the cu off when its warm it can warp/chip the plastic.

just wondering because my cu is very hard to twist on and off, to where I need to lightly use my thumbs at the ends of the cu to "click" it into the final resting place as opposed to one quick 90 deg twist

Spocks_Katra,

LouFeinberg

a while back a non-vape guy saw my Solo (without the stem) and he remarked that it was ok but it was a complete monster in size (probably in comparison to e-cigs).
From this moment on, I wanted something that looked a bit smaller than the Solo, not bigger!

I get that. I really do, but man, the improvement of this over the Solo is unbelievable. I know that lots of people love their Solos, but I gave up vaping rather than carry with it....and since I'd given up combustion, that meant giving up :leaf: altogether. It was only this thread that convinced me that this is what fucking combustion is all about. You've definitely got a treat coming.

Funny, but I also remember when I was the first one in my circles with a big phone a few years back (a Note 3), and all the iPhone folks I knew swore they'd never get a phone that big and stupid....until along comes the iPhone 6. LOL They were trampling each other in the streets to get one, and couldn't wait to show it off for me as if I'd never seen a big phone before.

So I'm not saying that your buddy will look at your Mighty and give up his pen. But I'm saying that if he tries your Mighty, I bet he'll get one. :lol: Or just hang out at your house wanting to mooch off yours. :lol:

do you guys like taking off the CU when the device is warm

That's me.

I agree that the CU can be hard to twist off, especially after I switched to the muzzmod and had a lot less leverage.

You know what worked for me? Two things. One, look at it from straight overhead, and remember the magic spell: "Lefty loosey, righty tighty." :lol:

(As in, the magic spell to put the "pot" in Harry Potter. :clap:)

Two, practice a couple of times before you dose. After a couple of tries looking it from straight overhead and uttering the magic words, I swear it'll become automatic, even when you're rocking a Mighty-style high and can't remember which hand is which. :lol:

I dunno, I could be wrong about this, but it seems to me that when the plastic is warm, it's softer, and therefore less likely to snap. And DEFINITELY less likely to snap if you're never, ever applying pressure in the wrong direction.....

esoh

there is still an internal timer actually, i straight asked them what my hours were when i had my mighty in for service and they told me.

not sure if they used it against me per se, as i had an entire panel of my mighty come off from dropping it on the ground, but i was charged $50 for the fix and they kind of implied that my heavy hours was part of the reason that they weren't covering it on warranty. food for thought.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
there is still an internal timer actually, i straight asked them what my hours were when i had my mighty in for service and they told me.

not sure if they used it against me per se, as i had an entire panel of my mighty come off from dropping it on the ground, but i was charged $50 for the fix and they kind of implied that my heavy hours was part of the reason that they weren't covering it on warranty. food for thought.
If I may, for the $50, did they then send an all- new Mighty? In box? Any talk of paying for optional battery replacement at the time?

CaptVapor

I think I have some good tips for you new Mighty owners:
  1. Turn off the Mighty before you think you might be done with the session then keep drawing until you stop getting vapor. The Mighty keeps cooking your herb and without getting it out of the cooling unit it will simply condense and make things sticky. You'll go much longer between cleanings this way
  2. Related note: the Mighty is a session vape. When it is on you gotta be focused! You're looking to keep it on as little as possible, just long enough to get medicated. Follow the cool down method from point #1
  3. Keep things clean. Use the provided cleaning brush every time to clear out debris. Clean the cooling unit from time to time - a good rule of thumb is to notice the mouthpiece, if it becomes difficult to turn then you have a lot of gunk to clean out
  4. Clean the cooling unit in Everclear! Everclear is basically ethanol but without the additives that prevent you from getting drunk off ethanol (they want to prevent you from going to Home Depot and getting hammered lol). Everclear works wonders, trust me on this! Plus since it is straight alcohol you have no need to worry about what those additives actually are...
  5. Just preference here but I like to start at lower temps (180 celsius) and then push it up to 210 to finish the bowl. It just tastes better and is less harsh at low temps.
My Mighty was working swell before I let my girlfriend start handling it. She knows the rules but after a few hits she tends to space out (understandably). I think it's her fault I had to RMA my Mighty because she'll just leave it on until the auto shut-off. I hope S&B send me a new unit and if that's the case I'll be the Mighty caretaker from now on!

Taz

Tester
Good advice.

Will have to try the Everclear- I almost remember it use to cut anything...mainly memory.

One thing I have not noticed is everyone seems to be mentioning how hard it is to remove CU?
Mine is easy and little effort. I use to be a mechanic so maybe it is the right-tighty lefty-losey thing mentioned?

I also saw question on popping when heating and cooling and mine no longer does that after approx a month. That was a worry due to the money and plastic.

Never had a problem but I just have had mine for around a month.
I do use 2 CU's- 1 for plant and 1 for concentrates.
I have noticed one is looser than the other and squeaks when mouthpiece moved- and 1 is silent.
I rec both on original order and they were that way while new as well. I know this because of FC and reading about some leaking air so I checked mine when received to see.

So easy to clean except maybe the concentrates and all it takes is 91% ISO, (cant find 99% here) q-tips and Magic cleaner pad. Brush, use Q-tips with ISO and followed with magic eraser. Impressed.
I freaked after first time using concentrates and saw bowl. Plant 1 stays clean by just brushing between loads.

I will just say this, I have never paid as much for my Mighty as I have anything percent wise except
except
for a house or car and I can say I am glad something told me to just do it and worry later. Only a month in but a damn good choice for a tight-wad. I remember my DaVinci (still a backup) and always seemed more work than high.

The Mighty laughs with no effort and you can control a buzz, high or blasted. It works great because I am an old fart and do not need blasted since I am finding buzz is better for me.

On a T break because the worst thing about a Mighty is that its so easy to use, I am buzzed lots more than before but if I choose I can get blasted or any level in-between.

I am glad it didn't matter when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor..........

Thank You Again FC!

I think I have some good tips for you new Mighty owners:
  1. Turn off the Mighty before you think you might be done with the session then keep drawing until you stop getting vapor. The Mighty keeps cooking your herb and without getting it out of the cooling unit it will simply condense and make things sticky. You'll go much longer between cleanings this way
  2. Related note: the Mighty is a session vape. When it is on you gotta be focused! You're looking to keep it on as little as possible, just long enough to get medicated. Follow the cool down method from point #1
  3. Keep things clean. Use the provided cleaning brush every time to clear out debris. Clean the cooling unit from time to time - a good rule of thumb is to notice the mouthpiece, if it becomes difficult to turn then you have a lot of gunk to clean out
  4. Clean the cooling unit in Everclear! Everclear is basically ethanol but without the additives that prevent you from getting drunk off ethanol (they want to prevent you from going to Home Depot and getting hammered lol). Everclear works wonders, trust me on this! Plus since it is straight alcohol you have no need to worry about what those additives actually are...
  5. Just preference here but I like to start at lower temps (180 celsius) and then push it up to 210 to finish the bowl. It just tastes better and is less harsh at low temps.
My Mighty was working swell before I let my girlfriend start handling it. She knows the rules but after a few hits she tends to space out (understandably). I think it's her fault I had to RMA my Mighty because she'll just leave it on until the auto shut-off. I hope S&B send me a new unit and if that's the case I'll be the Mighty caretaker from now on!

blackstone

I'm going to order a Mighty just now, there's too much good stuff in this thread to ignore it anymore!!
Just realized I wont have enough for a car charger but I suppose the battery is so good I'll survive without it!?
Is it straight 12V positive center, or would my Solo one work in it?

What smell friendly cases/sleeves are there available? The solid vapecase looks large? and I wont need to carry everything just Mighty and small tube, or just Mighty.
I think the other people are called Ryot? and I saw some other brands mentioned in a thread recently. I'll check some vape shops but any recommendations would be great!
Also tupperware and related lunchbox ideas entertained!
Thanks for all your help with my decision, I'll post a review here (I'm sure it will sound familiar!)

blackstone,
Reactions: Taz
Top Bottom