Wolface

It sounds kind of rude but, you really are doing people a huge favor by telling them to go buy their own box! ;)

Wolface,

Qbit

cannabanana
why is it better without the stem? is it because the thc gets stuck to the walls of the stem? because i just cleaned mine for the first time with a pipe cleaner to get all the nasty yellow grime out, some of still hasnt come off
Hey I take offence at your 'nasty yellow grime' comment, when it's basically pure cannabinoids (THC, CBD etc). Nasty? Hmph! We worship that stuff (wandhash) around here. :p;)

Qbit,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Anyone heard an ETA on the plug in power adapter deal? Really really anticipating that. Would like to here an ETA, or I may just end up getting a PD.

I really didn't want to collect vapes but the Q is badass, the LB is stealth and wicked nifty, and the PD would be uber effecient. Obviously you can see why I NEED them all.

finchrock24,

heartvapor

Does THC really build up in the stem? If so, can it be used in any way?

I need some advice on a mini-DIY project I came up with. I decided that even though it's small, the Launch Box looks kinda weird if you're in public. even if you can close your hand(s) around it, it looks weird holding your fist to your face. I want to be able to use the Launch Box at concerts, so I came up with an idea:

I want to get a silicone tube to attach to the stem of the LB, and keep the LB in my pocket, run the silicone tube under my shirt, and clip it (safety pin probably) to the top of my shirt. Then all I would need to do is load the LB, put it in my pocket (making sure the weed stays in the trench), and while it's in my pocket, push the battery in. Then I would pull the top of my shirt to cover my mouth, and the top of the tube would be right there, so I just inhale through that. I pull out the battery when my lungs are almost full, and then keep inhaling for a 2-3 more seconds after to get all the vapor that's still in the tube.

Do you guys think this would work?

Blisssville has a silicone tube on their site, and it says it's for use with the WHIP (VaporBrothers). http://www.blisssville.com/product_...d=193&osCsid=6a471d990f1b8109f383a70d80f49058
But it's only 1 foot long, which is not long enough for my purposes. So I went onto VaporBrothers' website, and found a 3-foot tube for $3: http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/vb8008.html

Is that the same width as the one on Blisssville's site? Because if it is, then I can buy this, cut it to the right length, and it should work perfectly.

thanks

heartvapor,

stuey

heartvapor said:
Does THC really build up in the stem? If so, can it be used in any way?

I need some advice on a mini-DIY project I came up with. I decided that even though it's small, the Launch Box looks kinda weird if you're in public. even if you can close your hand(s) around it, it looks weird holding your fist to your face. I want to be able to use the Launch Box at concerts, so I came up with an idea:

I want to get a silicone tube to attach to the stem of the LB, and keep the LB in my pocket, run the silicone tube under my shirt, and clip it (safety pin probably) to the top of my shirt. Then all I would need to do is load the LB, put it in my pocket (making sure the weed stays in the trench), and while it's in my pocket, push the battery in. Then I would pull the top of my shirt to cover my mouth, and the top of the tube would be right there, so I just inhale through that. I pull out the battery when my lungs are almost full, and then keep inhaling for a 2-3 more seconds after to get all the vapor that's still in the tube.

Do you guys think this would work?

Blisssville has a silicone tube on their site, and it says it's for use with the WHIP (VaporBrothers). http://www.blisssville.com/product_...d=193&osCsid=6a471d990f1b8109f383a70d80f49058
But it's only 1 foot long, which is not long enough for my purposes. So I went onto VaporBrothers' website, and found a 3-foot tube for $3: http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/vb8008.html

Is that the same width as the one on Blisssville's site? Because if it is, then I can buy this, cut it to the right length, and it should work perfectly.

thanks
That wont really work because you need to keep the LB level or the weed wont be in the trench.

You need to turn it upside down and tap it after each hot.

You need to shake it after each hit

You need to tap it a bit whilst keeping it level to get the weed back into the trench after shaking it.

The battery needs to be pulled out after each hit.

Long and short is to do all that its coming out of your pocket!

stuey,

heartvapor

So maybe I'd be able to keep it in my hand, but keep my hand low down, so no one will see it. At a dark concert, if I held it level, but by my thigh, no one would stare, because they wouldn't even notice it. If and ran the tube up my shirt like I described in the last post, would that work? Would that tube I linked to (the 3-foot one) fit tightly over the plastic stem, and would I be able to inhale well through that silicone tube?

heartvapor,

heartvapor

Well I haven't actually gotten it yet, I ordered it from puffitup on Friday, and I should be getting it tomorrow or Tuesday the latest. I know it's incredibly small, I'm just worried I'll look really sketchy bringing a wooden box with a battery sticking out, up to my mouth. People don't know what the LB is, it'll look really strange. But I guess I'll try it out. I have pretty big hands, so maybe it'll be easier than I think.

Has anyone gotten it from puffitup? How's the 4-piece aluminum CNC grinder it comes with? I was going to buy a Sharpstone until I saw the 15% off and free grinder deal on puffitup. Now it seems like a waste to spend $30 on a Sharpstone when I'm getting this grinder. Is it good? Can it grind to a fine consistency, that's good for the LB? Also, does puffitup ship it with the ABV container? Because it's not in the picture or the description...

Also, I want to buy 4 extra batteries. and possibly a charger. How long does the Sanyo NiMH Quick Charger (pictured on puffitup) take to charge the batteries? And do they charge individually and automatically stop charging when full?

As for batteries, which of these would be better?
http://www.amazon.com/SANYO-eneloop...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1273827615&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-NiMH-Re...8&s=electronics&qid=1266870857&sr=8-3-catcorr

One set are 2700mAh, the other are 2000mAh but they're the low-self-discharge type. I don't know that much about rechargable batteries, and the Amazon reviews were confusing me with their technical talk. Do the 2700mAh last longer before you need to recharge them, as in, can they vape more than a whole trench? Do they vaporize hotter than 2000mAh ones? Since both sets are pretty much the same price, I just want to get the ones that have more power and will last longer.

What about chargers? I've seen a lot of people praising the BC-700, but it's $30 and doesn't even come with batteries. Do I need such a fancy charger for batteries that work out to $2.50 each?

What about this charger? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IV0REA/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

It's $20, and comes with four 2000mAh eneloop batteries, those cost $10 alone. But I can't find out exactly what type of charger it is, whether it charges individually, what speed it charges at, etc. One of the customer pictures on Amazon shows the specs of a "NC-MQN05", and it says it takes 7 hours to charge 1-4 AA 2000mAh batteries. Are there any other good chargers that'll charge quicker than this? I don't necessarily need a 15 minute charger (although if there's a good one that doesn't destroy batteries, that'd be great), but a charger that can fully charge in 1-3 hours would be great. Please recommend anything, I have no idea what to pick.

thanks for all the help

heartvapor,

stuey

As for using it in your hands,

http://magic-flight.com/

half way down the page there are 2 videos, look at the second one.

The grinder: dont get a 4pc grinder get a 2pc grinder, preferably a space case grinder.

A 4pc grinder has holes in it to stop you grinding too fine, with a LB you want a really really fine grind and you dont want to sift out the keif.

Charger: you cant go wrong with the La Cross BC-900 as a smart charger and then any 15 minute charger will do as a quick charger (quick chargers ruin your batteries so you dont really want to be using a quick charger when you dont need to. A smart charger has refresh modes which extend the life of your batteries)

Batteries The sanyo Eneloop batteries are teh better choice, they keep their charge for longer the non-eneloop batteries hold more charge but loose much of that extra charge within a day or so of storage.

EDIT the BC-700 is sort of a poor mans version of the 900 its a good charger but I would just get the 900 its a one off purchase.

stuey,

heartvapor

I'm already getting the free 4-piece grinder. I'm on a limited budget, so I don't really want to buy another one. But if I just keep the grinder upside down for a few turns before turning it over, won't I be able to get it ground finely enough? I guess I'll have to try it out... do you want it as fine as possible, like powder? Or just very finely ground but not powder

I don't think I can afford the BC-900, or even the BC-700. The BC-700 doesn't even come with batteries, so it would be $40 for the charger and 4 batteries. But there are other chargers that are way cheaper and come with batteries.

If I don't mind recharging the batteries nightly, then does it matter whether I get the eneloop-type? Because for the same price as 2000mAh eneloops, I can get Sanyo 2700mAh batteries, that "Can be recharged up to 1,000 times without suffering from memory effect". Is the only benefit of the eneloop-type batteries that they hold the charge longer when not in use? Because I don't think that will be an issue for me, as I can always put the batteries in to charge at night. Or do they also last longer before you need to buy new ones? Would I benefit more from getting the more powerful 2700mAh batteries, as long as I can charge them every night?

As for the charger, what about these two? They both have pretty good reviews...

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BCG-34HR...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1274013309&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-1-Hour-Battery-Charger-K6200-PC-C/dp/B000WMIF8U/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I'm specifically intrigued by the Kodak K6200-PC, that one can charge all 4 batteries in 2 hours, and the batteries are the eneloop-type, the low-self-discharge ones. There doesn't seem to be any negative things about that charger, and considering it comes with 4 batteries, it works out about $15 cheaper than the BC-700 + batteries.

heartvapor,

stuey

You might be able to do that with the grinder, I dont know you will have to find that out for yourself. You want the grind to be very close to powder.

The BC-900 or even BC700 are infinitely better chargers than the two you have now linked. Again, I can advise you as to what the best charger is, as for lesser chargers.. its up to you. The chargers you are looking at dont refresh the batteries, that's why they are cheaper. Do they charge the batteries? yes. Will the batteries be capable of holding maximum charge after 50 uses.. I dont know, a smart charger would refresh them so yes they would.. everything else you take your chances.

IMO its false economy.

You saved a bit with the discount on the grinder.. but itys the wrong type of grinder for the LB.. now you are looking to save money on the charger....IMO its false economy.

stuey,

heartvapor

Well I got 15% off plus a free 4-piece grinder. But now that I got the free grinder, it seems like a waste to go and spend another $30 on a good 2-piece grinder. Before I decide whether this is a bad grinder, I'll try it out first. I'll try grinding it upside down for a while, and then finally turn it over, grind a few more turns, so everything goes through the holes. I should be able to get it into an almost-powder consistency. As for the kief screen, I never really understood why people like separating kief in the first place. Isn't it like putting pennies in a jar? It seems like all it accomplishes is it takes a little THC away each time you grind, and then after a while, you have enough kief stored up that you can smoke/vaporize it. What's the point of that? Anyway, people in this thread and in other threads have said that they've used kief in the LB, they put a layer of weed on the screen, and then kief. Would that work, or were they damaging the screen when they did that?

As for the charger, I really appreciate all the help and recommendations. I would have to really think about this before spending $50 on a heavy duty charger, when there are so many other well-reviewed chargers on Amazon. The Sony one that I linked to not only comes with four LSD batteries, but it also has a refresh function like the BC-700. What's wrong with this one?

heartvapor,

stuey

Its nothing to do with damaging the screen, you dont want to filter the keif out.

Charger: go with what you feel is best.

stuey,

axakal

while using my magicflightbox with two different kind of rechargebles on two different occasions, i've noticed that there are huge performance differences depending on the battery types one is using. hence the question, did someone of the long term useres found out, which would be the best type to use with this device.

my second question is regarding the forums here. i'm sure i'm not the first one asking the battery question, but there is simply no way to go throught 124 unstructured pages of this thread. aren't there any possibilities to open sub-forums for every vaping device instead of just one thread for each?

thanks

axakal,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hi Axakal! I have noticed the new batteries being sent out now work better than the original batteries. They are the sanyo eneloops.

When you do a search go to the bottom right and have the results list as POSTS instead of topics. That will narrow down what you're searching for I believe. It helped me when I started.

Good luck!

Lo,

anarki66

heartvapor said:
Well I got 15% off plus a free 4-piece grinder. But now that I got the free grinder, it seems like a waste to go and spend another $30 on a good 2-piece grinder. Before I decide whether this is a bad grinder, I'll try it out first. I'll try grinding it upside down for a while, and then finally turn it over, grind a few more turns, so everything goes through the holes. I should be able to get it into an almost-powder consistency. As for the kief screen, I never really understood why people like separating kief in the first place. Isn't it like putting pennies in a jar? It seems like all it accomplishes is it takes a little THC away each time you grind, and then after a while, you have enough kief stored up that you can smoke/vaporize it. What's the point of that?
hey there heartvapor,

I got the same deal off puffitup.com and got the free grinder but also had a sharpstone on it's way.
the free cnc grinder isn't the best of grinders but still decent. it has blunt teeth that are diamond shaped. the sharpstone on the other hand looks/ feels better and has sharp teeth that look like thunderbolt. I have not yet tried grinding herb in the free grinder but putting my sharpstone upside down works perfect to get a small consistancy. you have to make sure yu keep the grinder level when upside down because you can get herb in places you don't want it on the grinder...this will lead to squeaky grinder(the herb can collect inbetween the lid and base along outer wall of the grinder). to also help avoid this you can remove the grinders o-ring if it has one. I would recommend getting a grinder with some nice sharp teeth but the free one shuld do the trick(I have not personally tried this grinder since I got my sharpstone on the same day).

As for the charger, I really appreciate all the help and recommendations. I would have to really think about this before spending $50 on a heavy duty charger, when there are so many other well-reviewed chargers on Amazon. The Sony one that I linked to not only comes with four LSD batteries, but it also has a refresh function like the BC-700. What's wrong with this one?
as for a charger. I found a cheap $20 one that would do the cycle/condition and came with 4 rechargeable batteries(not eneloop...2500mah). i think it's called the alltek pro. I got it off thomasdistributing.com I beleive. I wuld reccomend sending them an e-mail to request shipping via USPS. I shuld be getting mine on Monday as ups ground is slow.

hope this helps

anarki66,

chucku

Charles Urbane
heartvapor said:
So maybe I'd be able to keep it in my hand, but keep my hand low down, so no one will see it. At a dark concert, if I held it level, but by my thigh, no one would stare, because they wouldn't even notice it. If and ran the tube up my shirt like I described in the last post, would that work? Would that tube I linked to (the 3-foot one) fit tightly over the plastic stem, and would I be able to inhale well through that silicone tube?
Provided you get through security. People around you will be sparking joints or bowls. If they notice your LB it will be with envy.

chucku,

heartvapor

chucku said:
heartvapor said:
Provided you get through security. People around you will be sparking joints or bowls. If they notice your LB it will be with envy.
I realized I don't need any of that, I didn't realize that I can close my hand around the LB and people probably won't even notice.

heartvapor,

toadyfatz

heartvapor said:
chucku said:
heartvapor said:
I realized I don't need any of that, I didn't realize that I can close my hand around the LB and people probably won't even notice.
Or just take it to the restroom and go in a stall and Vape till your hearts content!

toadyfatz,

heartvapor

toadyfatz said:
heartvapor said:
chucku said:
Or just take it to the restroom and go in a stall and Vape till your hearts content!
By the time it gets close to the main band's set time, there's usually a packed crowd by the stage. So I'd have to do it there. But it shouldn't be a problem anyway.

heartvapor,

B.

War Criminal
I used my LB at a Muse concert recently, in assigned seating, with a nosy security bitch less than 10ft away the whole time, no problems. Just practice palming it, you'll be fine.

B.,

slurpeejerky711

Qbit said:
why is it better without the stem? is it because the thc gets stuck to the walls of the stem? because i just cleaned mine for the first time with a pipe cleaner to get all the nasty yellow grime out, some of still hasnt come off
Hey I take offence at your 'nasty yellow grime' comment, when it's basically pure cannabinoids (THC, CBD etc). Nasty? Hmph! We worship that stuff (wandhash) around here. :p;)
good point, well said, but in a sense it is a waste if its stuck inside a stem and not in my body haha so is there anything we can do with it?

stuey said:
Yeah I dont like using it with groups of people, its a lot of hassle you cant take your eyes of if for a second without fear of someone forgetting to take the battery out or poking the screen to see what its made of or just something else they you dont want them to do.

They dont mean anything by it but I just feel like it will get broken if it gets passed around too much.
yeah, my screen has some cuts and dings, i get scared because i dont know what id do if the screen broke, but i totally agree! i dont see what the big deal is about people forgetting to take out the battery! maybe the first time people use it is a little different and overwhelming for most

heartvapor, my opinion is use whatever grinder to do half the work and break it down and then like i do just get a razor blade and chop up the bud that way to get it nice fine, works great for me, its a hell of a lot better keeping a little tiny blade in my MFLB tin box than having to keep a whole array of grinders and crap

in repsonse to you making it more stealth and stuff with the tube and evrything doesnt seem like its gonna be worth it and i dont think that its not stealth enough in the first place to just use it by itself so i think maybe you should just try it outside a few weeks after you get it and see really how it feels when you use it and hell if it does feel like it looks sketch then do what you please but i dont think youll have a problem, glad you made the purchase though, great choice, have fun and start enjoying that MFLB!:D

i tried using the box last night without the stem and it did seem a bit more potent but it felt really hot for some reason, im gonna keep trying it out, i might like the idea of the shorter stem for im not making out with the launch box everytime i hit it haha

i wanna hear a bit more feedback on how many other MFLB users use fine ground product as opposed to regular or a little ground up bud? and how many of you guys dont use the stem?

slurpeejerky711,

slurpeejerky711

B. said:
I used my LB at a Muse concert recently, in assigned seating, with a nosy security bitch less than 10ft away the whole time, no problems. Just practice palming it, you'll be fine.
im sure that was a bitchin' experience huh? i dont care for the new album but a muse concert in general high would seem like a chillin time

slurpeejerky711,
Top Bottom