heartvapor

Well, I just got my MFLB in the mail, I ordered it Friday afternoon!

Even though I've seen tons of pictures and videos of it, I didn't understand how small it was until I held it in my hands. I have pretty big hands, and I can easily close one fist around it, and hide a connected battery between two fingers.

The grinder that I got from puffitup looks ok, I think if I keep it upside down for a while I'll be able to get a fine grind.

As for the charger, it came with a 4-battery charger. It can charge 2 batteries in 2 hours, or 4 in 4 hours, which is perfect for me. I don't think I'm gonna get another charger, unless this one ends up sucking. Does anyone know if that charger is good? There's no brand, it just says "2-Hours Slim Charger", "Ni-MH", and "AA-AAA" at the top. It looks like a five-dollar crap charger, but is it any good?

I think I want to get 4 eneloop batteries, but I kinda want them now. Does anyone know what retail stores sell eneloop (or similar) NiMH batteries?

thanks

heartvapor,

Screwdriver

heartvapor said:
Well, I just got my MFLB in the mail, I ordered it Friday afternoon!

Even though I've seen tons of pictures and videos of it, I didn't understand how small it was until I held it in my hands. I have pretty big hands, and I can easily close one fist around it, and hide a connected battery between two fingers.

The grinder that I got from puffitup looks ok, I think if I keep it upside down for a while I'll be able to get a fine grind.

As for the charger, it came with a 4-battery charger. It can charge 2 batteries in 2 hours, or 4 in 4 hours, which is perfect for me. I don't think I'm gonna get another charger, unless this one ends up sucking. Does anyone know if that charger is good? There's no brand, it just says "2-Hours Slim Charger", "Ni-MH", and "AA-AAA" at the top. It looks like a five-dollar crap charger, but is it any good?

I think I want to get 4 eneloop batteries, but I kinda want them now. Does anyone know what retail stores sell eneloop (or similar) NiMH batteries?

thanks
I ordered mine from Puffitup Saturday morning, and the wife just called and said it was just delivered (Monday). They sure do speedy shipping. :D

Screwdriver,

Zot

Vaping Phool
heartvapor said:
I've actually been meaning to post about this. Had the LB for about 2 weeks, and I received the same charger. I like it; it seems to do a perfectly good job. I also bought a La Crosse, but I'm only using it to do reconditioning.

The included charger has been working great. Red light when charging, green light when charged. Can charge 1 to 4 batteries at once.Thumbs up.

Zot,

B.

War Criminal
Say it's an incense burner, or a battery operated windproof fire starter.

It weighs next to nothing, a few ounces. Maybe if weight is an issue you can get the batteries and charger locally? I'd imagine they account for the majority of the weight. If you just have the box with all its parts shipped it will be very light.

B.,

Budz Bunny

imcgrat2 said:
Hi there! I am considering getting a MF LB after reading all of the awesome reviews but I live in Peru and I was a little worried about customs, could any tell me how much the package weighs? I know over a certain weight customs has to look at it here. And although I don't think it is illegal, I live in a small campo town, and it would be very bad if anyone figured out that I enjoyed the finer things in life.

Also, anyone have any ideas as to what I could say it was if they did have to open it up? I seriously doubt the mail ladies would have any clue as long as I had a legitimate story.

Thanks!
Welcome to FC!

The box itself is super light, but it comes with batteries, charger, tin, pouch, and a few other items, Still way under a pound im sure. Its a very simple device and I dont think you will have any problems.

I am interested in hearing more about Peru. Whats the bud like there?:brow:

Budz Bunny,

amusingduck

wow, looks like puffitup has fast shipping. i ordered mine saturday, was hoping it'd be here before friday...but now i'm looking forward to tomorrow! although, i guess it really depends on where you all live.

but, for my LB question...

the main reason i was interested in this was because of the odorless/smokeless/stealth aspect. i know, i've read many stories about how people will smoke on their couch next to their brother, the DEA agent, and their brother will not know it. but, like, really? like, if i used it in my room, windows closed, fan on, would there be any chance that someone could walk in and think something's up, or could any smell go out under the door, or stick to my clothes, or any of that? how fast does the vapor dissipate? sorry, i'm just...really paranoid, i guess. but i am just some punk ass kid livin with his mom and gettin caught is outta the question :|

also, another quick question: from knowledge i gained from this thread, it no longer ships with a short stem. i know you guys recommend not using a stem at all...so just like...putting your mouth up to the hole in the box? i dunno, i dunno. would it be possible to cut the medium stem with like scissors or something? just so i could get a feel for stem vs. no stem and decide for myself, i guess.

amusingduck,

Budz Bunny

There is some smell. It is not a burning smell, but more like if you can imagine baking it. Personally I would say that the powerfullness of the smell is about 10% of smoking a doobie. What I would recomend is a tube to the window (with the window just open enough for the end of the tube to fit through) You can inhale through the LB and exhale through the tube. This in my opinion would almost eliminate the smell. Or you can construct a scrubber for your exhaled breath.

Also, if your parential unit is a cigarette smoker, I think they are even less likely to pick up on it.

Budz Bunny,

Budz Bunny

imcgrat2 said:
Budz Bunny said:
Welcome to FC!

The box itself is super light, but it comes with batteries, charger, tin, pouch, and a few other items, Still way under a pound im sure. Its a very simple device and I dont think you will have any problems.

I am interested in hearing more about Peru. Whats the bud like there?:brow:
haha, it's not great but super super super cheap. : )

Good ideas with the incense burner, I'll tell them it is for the mosquitos. Thanks for the quick responses. I'll give you all an update when it finally makes it to me.
I find that even mediocre bud is greatly enhanced by vaping. Your going to love the LB.

Budz Bunny,

stuey

The whole no smell thing.

It really dosent smell very much. That isnt to say there is zero smell but it is incredibly faint, it dosent linger so the smell is completely gone in a few hours and it dosent have the smell you are used to with weed.

So its faint, dosent linger too long and dosent smell like weed.

stuey,

stuey

DeepFried said:
The herb you put in will smell more than the Launch Box in use.
yea the "box" I keep my weed in smells more than the "box" I vape it in LOL

stuey,

GreenLeaf

DeepFried said:
The herb you put in will smell more than the Launch Box in use.
That's been my experience with the MFLB too.

I just do what nickzzzx wrote and I don't use the tube.

GreenLeaf,

heartvapor

I have a question about batteries. I currently have the 2 stock MFLB batteries (which are apparently eneloops), and a 4-pack of Duracell "Pre-Charged" (low-self-discharge) 2000mAh NiMH batteries, which according to the Amazon reviews are just rebranded eneloops.

I was wondering if these would be useful for my purposes: http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-NiMH-Re...8&s=electronics&qid=1266870857&sr=8-3-catcorr

They're not low-self-discharge, but they're 2700mAh. If I am able to pop them in the charger every night (or 2-3 nights if I didn't use them), are the 2700mAh ones going to be more efficient? From what I've read, they're the best batteries for high-drain devices that you use for a short period of time. I understand why someone would want the eneloops for something like a remote control, where they sit there for a long time but are barely used, but for something like the MFLB, would the 2700mAh batteries last for more trenches (2 instead of 1), and I could just recharge them nightly? Or will they lose their power after being recharged every night with a cheap charger? It's the one I just got with the MFLB from puffitup, it's 1050mAh for 2 batteries or 525mAh for 4, meaning that it essentially takes 4 hours to charge 4 of the 2000mAh eneloops, or just over 5 hours for the 2700mAh Sanyo ones.

thanks

heartvapor,

anarki66

I have a quick question/ troubleshooting in regards to batteries.
i recently recieved some efilm batteries )2500mah(
when I tried to harge these jn the sanyo charger, they wuld charge for a bit but then the red light starts blinking as if to indicate wrong battery mode.
any idea why this is happening?

anarki66,

slurpeejerky711

amusingduck said:
but, for my LB question...

the main reason i was interested in this was because of the odorless/smokeless/stealth aspect. i know, i've read many stories about how people will smoke on their couch next to their brother, the DEA agent, and their brother will not know it. but, like, really? like, if i used it in my room, windows closed, fan on, would there be any chance that someone could walk in and think something's up, or could any smell go out under the door, or stick to my clothes, or any of that? how fast does the vapor dissipate? sorry, i'm just...really paranoid, i guess. but i am just some punk ass kid livin with his mom and gettin caught is outta the question :|
dude, thats almost exactly what i do, i can close my windows, lock my door, i dont even need to use the fan, and still hit it and for me literally no odor, much like other people say, it depends how much your weed smells, i mean you could use the fan and then spray like febreze by the fan to spread a fresh scent around faster

nickzzzx has some good tips for hits, thats where a majority of the scent will come from, so experiment with his tips and see how it works

most importantly enjoy it, MFLB is by far the stealthiest so i think you have little to none to worry about;)

slurpeejerky711,

MikRoOrganix

Erlhead!
heartvapor I have the Sanyo batteries you linked and I prefer them over the stock batts. I find they provide bigger hits - IF they were charged the night before (which mine always are). Speaking of which, time to charge the batts! Thanks BC700 charger!

MikRoOrganix,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
The first hit off a launch box usually stinks and after that there is virtually no smell in my experience.

If I'm about to go into the movie theater with it, I would take the first hit outside and save the rest for later.

yo that is my 420th post! do I get a prize??

bluntfaced,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Guys...lets not all forget the stoner tricks of time.

To get rid of smell from exhaled smoke/vapor...you need to make what I call a 'flobie' or a 'flobe'. It has a ton of different names, though. Get a toilet paper roll tube and bunch up some drier sheets (fabric softeners) exhale through that bad boy and your room will smell like fresh laundry. I vape with my LB with my room door OPEN when I use my flobe...my mom never mentions anything. You need to bunch up like 2-3 softeners.

Also, you can use paper towel or tissue but you need to spray some Frabreeze or even perfume or spray deodorant. Just something to mask the odor.

finchrock24,

GreenLeaf

bluntfaced said:
The first hit off a launch box usually stinks and after that there is virtually no smell in my experience.

If I'm about to go into the movie theater with it, I would take the first hit outside and save the rest for later.

yo that is my 420th post! do I get a prize??
Earlier in this thread someone posted a design for a beverage cup from a fast food chain where they put the MFLB in the bottom if it and they just used the whip attachment in the straw.

I'm not into smoking/vaping in public or in shady spots where you risk being caught since that's how lots of people I know got busted.

Oddly enough movies can sometimes actually bore me when I smoke/vape so that's why I prefer to watch them on DVD so if I get bored I can stop the movie and go do something else and watch the rest of the movie later.

When I've seen the rare movie at a theater after smoking I'll just smoke at home and then I'd just go to see a movie with a friend that doesn't vape/smoke who'd drive there and everything would be fine.

GreenLeaf,

amusingduck

damn, FAST shipping from puffitup, shipped on sunday and got here on wednesday...california to south florida.

anyways, first impression: oh my god, i did not expect it to be THAT small.

so i load it up, no stem, start hittin it, and i feel like this...tingly sensation on my lips. like, almost like...tiny electric shocks? i have no idea. it was not very pleasant. i put the stem on, tingly feeling was a little better, still there though.

i dunno, it's not bad enough that i think the launch box isn't good, i'd just like to know if anyone else has this? or knows what causes this?

anyways, i really didn't feel like i was getting high AT ALL. i didn't even feel like i was breathing anything in - maybe just barely. usually, i take a hit of a blunt and i'm like I'M DONE GUYS, i have 0 tolerance. so i was a little worried that 3 hits into the launch box i wasn't feeling anything. but, yeah, as soon as the bowl was finished, wow, oops, i guess the vape high comes on a little slower, should not have put that much in there!

so, in closing, DAMN! i'm happy with my purchase. that one thing is my only complaint.

amusingduck,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I just wanted to say how much I still love my MFLB, and I've had it over 3 months now. I'm keeping up with the thread so I can be up to date with any/all information regarding this wonderful little vaporizer. :D

Vicki,
Top Bottom