Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Yes... yes... I got a dozen hits back to back with my water pipe, some Earth OG, and a battery. Delicious hits, I'm happy with the results I'm seeing here. Perfect storm... I don't know where I was going with that :ko:

User7

I got my MFLB about a year ago and used the recommended (Powerex 2700mAh) batteries for all that time.

Got my power adapter today and it is like the box is brand new again! As you charge and discharge batteries hundreds of times, they lose their power.

Its only when you get a power adapter you realize this, although if I had just bought another 4 AA's it would be good again, its not the box - its the batteries losing their life.

Since 4 Powerex AA's cost £15 and the power adapter is about £45 I thought for the price of 3 sets of batteries (which I will inevitably need) I might as well just get the PA instead.

I never take the box out of the room where it is anyway, let alone out of the house. I still have batteries in case I ever take the box out of the house but thats not likely! Its just too damn important to risk anything happening to it.:D

I would guess this PA on lowest setting is like a battery thats about 70% discharged. You get that really flavoursome vapor from it. Turning the dial to half way is like a new battery. On full power it is beyond anything any battery can provide! It will turn your material black, but I couldn't get it to combust, so well done Magic Flight, the PA is as perfectly designed as the box itself and well worth the money.

I can't wait to use it properly but its a bit early in the day at the moment hehe.

Happy vaping folks.

The other thing is the lifetime guarantee and the fact that the people at Magic Flight actually write on your invoice "Thanks".... how many companies do that? If every company was like Magic Flight I think we would be living in a far better world. They somehow seem to care more about giving the customer a good experience rather than grabbing their money. The way it used to be, the way it ought to be but hardly ever is.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
The other thing is the lifetime guarantee and the fact that the people at Magic Flight actually write on your invoice "Thanks".... how many companies do that? If every company was like Magic Flight I think we would be living in a far better world. They somehow seem to care more about giving the customer a good experience rather than grabbing their money. The way it used to be, the way it ought to be but hardly ever is.

That's why I love Magic Flight so much. They are an awesome company. You're right, the world would be a better place if more people acted like the people at Magic Flight. :)

Vicki,
Reactions: OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Yup, got my PA receipt hand signed as well as a note of encouragement. Woke up still a little baked, will show you guys the video at a more appropriate time. Needless to say, I'm taking my box out more again. The PA is great no doubt but it pulled a sheet over my eyes and made me forget about the true portability of this thing...

Dunno, still loopy from last night + a 10mg Vicodin in the mornin... don't forget a fine grind and shaking every couple hits!

Also helpful for those just joining us now... a gentle reminder to grind your herbals down as fine as possible... shake every hit or two, and make sure it's dry! I put my stuff into the coffee grinder and it is perfectly cured... for combustion. Needed to spread the mix up on some paper to air dry for a bit.

Drier = easier heat transfer = better vapors = happier users!

I've also had good success with vaping reclaim oil off of a small Q-tip end (cotton ONLY!) on a small layer of bud. Felt great, super medicated for a good half hour.

Okay time for work! Take it easy FC!

Quetzalcoatl,

OF

Also helpful for those just joining us now... a gentle reminder to grind your herbals down as fine as possible... shake every hit or two, and make sure it's dry! I put my stuff into the coffee grinder and it is perfectly cured... for combustion. Needed to spread the mix up on some paper to air dry for a bit.

Drier = easier heat transfer = better vapors = happier users!

Words to live by for sure!

Not to mention dry means less fouling and less/no cleaning problems.

The new guys should 'draw near and grow wise'......

OF

OF,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I found a perfect blend for the MFLB.
Bubble hash, is made with herb, cold water and agitation... so there is nothing truly "greasy" or oily about it's production.
If worked in with dry dusty plant matter, it becomes very much like sand, and no matter how hard I tried... I could not get it to stick to or "befoul" my MFLB screen.
I took a dozen hits .. to entertain you with.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Hey all. Know I just got back, but got a nasty blow last night. Hopefully, its not my first thought... Kidney stone. You don't ever want to have one, trust me. Mostly still in the nauseous stage, so it might just be the crud going around. However, the tight band feeling around my midsection says otherwise. So... I'm not dead, if I end up being scarce.

OF, I didn't forget. I'll try and catch up, later.

On topic: after my tussle with the PA, I have actually rediscovered the pure joy of the box, being used as it was originally designed. I'm also getting very favorable results with the batteries and water pieces. Its actually, a much more natural feel for me, w/o the PA.

User7

Just tried the PA properly for the first time and this thing beats batteries hands down.

I put a mediocre amount of material in the trench, set the PA to about half, vaped off the first "tasty" vapors, this took a while to vaporize (hey, its good stuff :p) and it certainly turns the material darker quicker and delivers thicker vapor than batteries possibly can, even on HALF!

How? Well because the very moment you start using a battery, it gets cooler and cooler. Those batteries might be made as best as possible to deliver continuous power, but the fact is they don't.

The PA however is amazing as far as the heat is concerned. After taking ages vaping on half, I gave it a break to let the PA cool a bit (although it wasn't too hot to hold onto) and turned it up to full. As I got the last wisps off the material on full heat, I emptied the material out onto my hand, it was BLACK! Not "very dark brown" but actually black. It wasn't even burnt though - it would be grey and ash-like and wasn't ;)

Damn, this is always what I wanted my batteries to do, but I could never justify using 2 full batteries to do it.

Thats the bottom line for me - to turn the material black I would need to use up about 2 batteries to do that. The PA does it pretty fast once you crank it up towards the end of the vaping. Its not like a Volcano, but then its nothing like as expensive and for its size and with this PA, will get you just as high as a volcano I bet!

You don't know what you're missing if you don't have a PA with your MFLB. Can't believe I never got one sooner. If I went back in time I would have bought the PA along with the MFLB :D

PS If anyone is wondering, no that isn't me in the avatar, I just couldn't be arsed to upload anything else. Dunno who it is. Lets pretend its me.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Well because the very moment you start using a battery, it gets cooler and cooler. Those batteries might be made as best as possible to deliver continuous power, but the fact is they don't.

I assume you mean "maintain a constant voltage," which they in fact do throughout most of their discharge cycle. NiMH batteries drop a small percentage at the beginning of a discharge cycle, then they flatten out and stay there until they fall off a cliff near the end.

I agree with your enthusiasm for the PA. It does beat batteries in every way except portability.

pakalolo,
Reactions: Vicki

vapirtoo

When I first got the PA, I felt that I was tethered to the wall socket
kind of like a kite. :(
After using the PA and getting ripped, :ko: I forgot about the tether and
batts for a long while.
Summertime and vacations brought me back to the batts, and I was amazed
at how hot they were compared to my usual low PA setting.

I had to pull harder and quicker to avoid the higher temps which was a good
thing while out in public.

Batts or PA, I still love this little vape after two years
of daily driving this thing.

I also find that the skill set needed to maximize this vape allows
us to really nail the vapor technique of other vaporizers.

vapirtoo,
Reactions: Vicki

poonman

Just finished corresponding with K from MF .
He tells me that , he was able to intercept ,
and ship my replacement LB and PA together .

Excellent Customer Service .

And now ...back to listening to Tom Petty .

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Just finished corresponding with K from MF .
He tells me that , he was able to intercept ,
and ship my replacement LB and PA together .

Excellent Customer Service .

And now ...back to listening to Tom Petty .

Magic Flight is great like that! Glad you get your PA with your replacement LB! :)

Vicki,
Reactions: poonman

sundaddy

Hey all. Know I just got back, but got a nasty blow last night. Hopefully, its not my first thought... Kidney stone. You don't ever want to have one, trust me. Mostly still in the nauseous stage, so it might just be the crud going around. However, the tight band feeling around my midsection says otherwise. So... I'm not dead, if I end up being scarce.

You haven't got bitten by any mosquitos lately, have you?

sundaddy,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
You haven't got bitten by any mosquitos lately, have you?

Actually, the one pest we don't really have around here, are them.

I've had 2 kidney stones that haven't passed and required surgery. The tight band feeling around my midsection, is a bad sign. Only time that's happened, are the 2 that didn't pass.

BigDaddyVapor,

rei

I bought a Launch Box about a year ago but dont use it often. I find the batteries rarely last long enough to toast an entire load - is this likely a problem with my batteries, the charger, the box, or my grind? I'm not really sure the point of failure here. I'm leaning towards batteries or charger because i find if i leave the batteries on the charger after they hit full they dont stay near max, like I can take them off and put them back on and they'll be considered 'charging' again.

rei,
I bought a Launch Box about a year ago but dont use it often. I find the batteries rarely last long enough to toast an entire load - is this likely a problem with my batteries, the charger, the box, or my grind? I'm not really sure the point of failure here. I'm leaning towards batteries or charger because i find if i leave the batteries on the charger after they hit full they dont stay near max, like I can take them off and put them back on and they'll be considered 'charging' again.

Probably batteries. I've only run into problems with batteries after they've been used many many times. Did yours ever work adequately?

kingofnull,

rei

it's gotten me high, but compared to my friends ive never had the results he's had with his

rei,
MFLB is a technique driven device IMO, and you probably won't get great results until you get the technique down. It should be easy to tell if the batteries are the issue - buy another set and test them out. You'll likely want more batteries anyways.

Perhaps your friend has stronger batteries?

My batteries will engage the charge light if removed and replaced after charging also.

kingofnull,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Actually, the one pest we don't really have around here, are them.

I've had 2 kidney stones that haven't passed and required surgery. The tight band feeling around my midsection, is a bad sign. Only time that's happened, are the 2 that didn't pass.
Be well, BDV!

Vitolo,

rei

When I say results I also mean in regards to actual colouration of the bud in the chamber, he can blacken his, I can at best muddy brown mine. That could be technique, but I've really tried a lot at this point.

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=75344&vpn=HR-3UWXA4A&manufacture=Sanyo
Are these batteries solid? The MFLB faq says Eneloop is a good pick especially for holding charge, but im concerned with the 2500 rating. Thoughts?

EDIT: Search is my friend, they seem legit. Thanks a lot everyone

rei,
Top Bottom