• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

ScyOne

Not Nice. Warning point issued.
I am all in for making this work for the rest of us. @ScyOne is welcome to help if he can or is willing.

lmao this whole design was my concept and you were the one shooting it down cause you wanted to promote your cell solution.

The only reason the mod solution didn't die cause I kept posting how great it was.

It's a whole read so can't quote, but tommy was acually in favor of modifiying a PA some how instead of using a mod.

Contribute or watch. No bitching in the Magic Flight sub!

You were super being a bitch after I announce my mod adaptor cause you wanted your cell solution to be winning. I slapped that multiuple times so can confirm.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mflb/comments/6s7kja
See, I have 6 years on whatever you think you are comming up with.

Last edited:
ScyOne,

Choices

@TommyDee and @ScyOne

You guys are awesome! 😂 I feel like I’m back in high school getting my two genius buddies I did science projects with to start debating the merits of their approaches to any particular endeavor. I’d just write all the stuff down as best I could keep up. I’d come back after sneaking out with my stoner jock friends to smoke a blunt during break and they’d still be going! I always missed something but it was great entertainment. I’m going to see if I can run down some Target Mini Two kits somewhere unless you two know of another box mod kit that would work based on proper resistance and tank design. My hobby budget awaits input from both of you! Much thanks!

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I'd suggest going for the tank. $25 retail - see what Vaporesso does for a 'case' of them. The other two copper parts can be machined from drawings. Have them quoted for a specific quantity. Some shrink tubing and a couple of drill chucks. These will adapt to any mod capable of pushing 0.05 ohms. I read 0.07 ohms on my walnut launch box.

vapirtoo

Great info, great debate just like old times when the moderators were kept real busy!
ScyOne shows a beta? Maudib box which does well with batts as the screen is so small.
I have one and one batt is enough for multiple dabs.
Whatever you guys come up with will be better than the wired, clumsy jetpack!
DYI; DYI; DYI :)!

ScyOne

Sorry, noticed my presence was requested, so I supply. But, yea this is getting super old and I moved on a long time ago.

Don't really see much benefit for me to provide any further input.

Was nice catching some of those old time feels though.

Mod solution looks like winning solution to me. Other people even had to adopt it to even have a chance at keeping up. I don't even think about using any other solution.

Last edited:
ScyOne,

ScyOne

I only reply cause I was pinged and reply fully expecting something. I just made a joke about how much my stuff is best and was trash talk because one of my early beta I used a screw for temp control testing, so I talk some stuff back. I don't see a problem. I didn't instigate.

Why even trash talk a design used for testing that inspire them to use that design.

Dam point deducted, that is so much hitting bottom. Does that even do anything? You're really scrapping the barrel with that one

Last edited:
ScyOne,

thx1138

So anyways...I was wondering if anyone had picked up one of the Flamed Maple special edition boxes - how flamey are they? I don't see alot of flame in the website photos and wondered if anyone had one, would they care to comment. I am drawn to the clean look of the maple over the walnut, the eclipse walnut boxes look killer but are maybe too dark for me. Anyone?

thx1138,

Choices

So anyways...I was wondering if anyone had picked up one of the Flamed Maple special edition boxes - how flamey are they? I don't see alot of flame in the website photos and wondered if anyone had one, would they care to comment. I am drawn to the clean look of the maple over the walnut, the eclipse walnut boxes look killer but are maybe too dark for me. Anyone?
I’ll have to check those out!

Choices,

ScyOne

Sorry, was a bit malnourished and off the rails. I try not to post here much cause of certain behavior. But, I will leave you with one last insight. Before I decided to drop the plan I was looking into using saionara coils. Probably a lot of people have heard about the sai wax tank, it's one of the most popular wax tanks on the market.

These would be a perfect fit for a negative connection and all you would have to do is come up with a way to insulate it and push a positive connection up.

You can get a 5 pack retail for $25 so $5 a piece and the whole thing can be done for $10. With very minimal work. You can probably get away with assembling only 3 parts and only work would be fitting it.

It would be very minimalistic so would not look jerry rigged which would be a huge plus if you were planning on selling them or something.

It has to be the non-bucket original sais, I should have mentioned that in the post.

I posted a bit about it here. https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-magic-flight-box.750/post-1487998 (notice all the screw references only I ever use? ;) screws are cheap and legit, don't be hating on screws.)

I did a little mockup with a mock center pin, I don't really see a simpler or cheaper design.

For a center pin a rod is fine for using yourself, cause you know to keep it tight, but for consumers I would op for a high current spring loaded pin, and those can be order in any size and cheap af. MFLB runs on really high amps and will heat up pretty quickly with loose connections.

Something like this, but order to spec.

709150001025006.JPG

I would say the project is very worthwhile. I can see a dual 18650 mod being able to run the MFLB for over a week with no recharge (I run dual 18650 and a chain ecig vapor running at 40w and I only recharge like 2x a week) And you know how well it runs. I don't run a mflb, but it's like 15w so you would have to recharge them way less often.

That was actually gonna be my game changer plan, running for weeks on 1 charge.

Some people say it and I can fully back it up. Future of portable vapes! Bitch!

(maybe not with using the mflb, but some type of similar heating system)

I know 1 day battery life is fine for most people, but if effency is really high you can start reducing the size and other stuff I might not be aware of like if you're in the bush solar charging or something. (only thing that matters is it's better, and being better carries itself)

SUPER THANKS!!!!!! if anyone else working on this is blocking me (besides Choices cause he is super cool, I made this post for him actually), I don't want you to see my ideas and have to reply to invalid criticism. If I could of block them from seeing my post from the beginning, I would have 100% done it, but that wasn't an option.

Last edited:
ScyOne,

vaping herbs

That's no way to treat a potential customer.

I did find this one: https://lacentralevapeur.com/vaporisateurs-portables/23192472-magic-flight-walnut.html France maybe. I know nothing about them. They say they ship worldwide.

If you want to put it in the shopping cart at LCV, you get the message that the product is not available.
Unfortunately, I find via Google in the EU no seller who has the magic flight in stock. And magic flight has still not given me an answer. I also no longer believe that I will get an answer from magic flight.

vaping herbs,

ScyOne

Smaller than my Mighty+ produces way more vapor than my Mighty+ (I can actually see it taking vapor production at #1 spot for a portable)

My Mighty+ would last 1 day and maybe a bit the second day.

MFLB combo I can see, have experience with and can fully support lasting over a week. Great combo for people who already ecig anyways.

That specific combo is waterproof too.

Edit: I can see even my new design is gonna be winning. I wasn't gonna post about it, but now super glad I did ;)

Last edited:
ScyOne,

ScyOne

The original 1st edition of the adaptor design.
If anyone tells you different, don't listen to them.

The sole reason I made this cause I was desperate at the time. So, a true stoner engineering design.

I actually spent a lot of time thinking about the best way to push this to the masses. Don't be thinking you gonna beat the OG at his own game.

I will fully support anyone who wants to pick up where I left off though. Spread the good word! Just remember who brought you this good word.

Sai coil designs would cost like $5 to make and mods are cheap af. The people who adopted the design knows...... they got 2 whole setups including mods and tanks for like $25. I was there when the target minis I was suggesting was going for $25 for 2 of them.

If people think I should be ignored, you should think again. And think about how you would be off if I didn't post about this concept I made. The whole idea would not even be possible without my input.

---Sry for the rant btw, if you don't like what I have to say you don't have to read it, but I feel the need to post it so.

Last edited:
ScyOne,
Reactions: vapirtoo

seriousTone

Why the fuck doesn't this company just innovate a little and release a new vape?

I genuinely don't understand, are they all that lazy over there? I mean, the mflb is sick but give it up, that shit is old and janky unless using the power adapter.

I just got an email from them about an affiliate program, promote their brand and earn money. Sounds desperate to me, do something even remotely exciting and I would promote your brand. Enough with the laser engraving shit, my god. I hope others feel the same.

Choices

Why the fuck doesn't this company just innovate a little and release a new vape?

I genuinely don't understand, are they all that lazy over there? I mean, the mflb is sick but give it up, that shit is old and janky unless using the power adapter.

I just got an email from them about an affiliate program, promote their brand and earn money. Sounds desperate to me, do something even remotely exciting and I would promote your brand. Enough with the laser engraving shit, my god. I hope others feel the same.
I’m not sure they have a clear understanding of the current vaporizer market. I still have a MFLB. I use it on walks/hikes, especially when the weather is cooler. It was my first vape purchase over ten years ago and it still works fine. The only update they possibly could do is to create a better power delivery method to the trench. I have one of the 510 adapters mentioned off and on over the last several pages. It works great with my Vaporesso Swag II or Target Mini II. It delivers the power of the plug in adapter with much better reliability than any of the ones MF has sold. It would be an easy thing for a company like MF to construct and brand but it almost would need to be more retro in nature to fit in with their vibe. Maybe a power bank with an analog power delivery to a battery like insert like they made for the plug in adapter? Yeah they are missing a real chance here….

Last edited:

seriousTone

Eh, in my opinion they not only should update the mflb like that but they need a whole new device as well.

It's ridiculous, its like if lego came out with one set and no new pieces or sets ever again. BORING. And I don't even fuck with legos.Legos.

The device design and aesthetic of the launch box is brilliant so what the hell happened to the guy who thought of it - He retire? Nobody at that company has any other cool designs, i don't believe that. Like no desire or drive to create anything new? That's fucking weird for an artist I would think.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Wouldn't mind an updated power source at all, but I really enjoy the vape as is. I feel like I get pretty enjoyable results as a relative noob. The thing about it that that will always make it sorta niche is that it really requires a good bit of preparation (drying, grinding, finishing, charging, etc.) and it takes awhile to kill a trench. Great for people who really love a vaping ritual.
IMG-1326.jpg

Top Bottom