skippy

If its a kid that sold it to you I'd be letting him know that if he doesn't rectify the problem el pronto you will be having a word to his parents about the situation.

skippy,
Reactions: Vicki

OF

Please read this carefully;
The warranty states, ANY owner of a box is covered. The old box is the warrantied unit, and for the warranty to continue on the new box, the original box must be returned.

I am an adult, and for sure do not want to harass somebody over something that is actually somewhat illegal, if this kid is underage.

OK, I got it. Now please read this carefully: They did cover the box, for the original owner; you never were a (legal) owner of a legitimate box. By the time you got it, the warranty had been transferred to the new box (even though it had not as yet been returned....).

Too bad about the legal issues, you're being taken advantage of there even more it seems? Here I'd be testing this out by seeing if his father might want to refund my money.......I'm a nice enough guy, I'd probably give little asshole a chance to bring me the cash. Well, maybe. Maybe just wrap it up in the CL ad for it with his contact info and mail it to dad? Then again, if he keeps ripping drug people off he'll learn the wisdom of that soon enough seems to me.

I'm sorry you bought it expecting to get a new one at a discounted price that way. An expensive lesson, but one hopefully you can recover from? The best you can hope for in the end is to buy satisfaction with your money, you might be well past that now.

Best wishes,

OF

OF,

DasBlunt

OK, I got it. Now please read this carefully: They did cover the box, for the original owner; you never were a (legal) owner of a legitimate box. By the time you got it, the warranty had been transferred to the new box (even though it had not as yet been returned....).

OF

Is the vaporizer warranty transferable?

Yes. The warranty applies to whomever is the current owner/user of the Box.

that should be the end of that.

DasBlunt,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

If you bought the MF tin from someone thinking that there was an LB inside...and when you got home and opened the tin there was no LB.... what would you do?

Stu,

skippy

WOW,
I'll ask a couple of very simple questions, see if you're capable of answering them, ok here we go,ready?

Was there a claim made on the box in your possession?
Was the claim honoured by MFLB?

Please just answer yes or no to each question i don't want to confuse you.

mod note- From the rules page- All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner

skippy,

DasBlunt

WOW,
I'll ask a couple of very simple questions, see if you're capable of answering them, ok here we go,ready?

Was there a claim made on the box in your possession?
Was the claim honoured by MFLB?

Please just answer yes or no to each question i don't want to confuse you.

Cart before the horse. You know this because I offered the result before the scenario. Simple math I believe.

Before buying the box, I checked the warranty info, it said what I quoted, which is,

There is no way I should have been able to acquire an already warrantied box, unless the policy or the companies process is flawed.

The insults personally towards me should cease.

DasBlunt,

OF

Yes, it does. You're right about part of this. The current legal owner of that box is MF. They traded a different box to the original owner for it (a perfectly legal transfer). They then owned it, he owned the new one.

You are not the current owner of the box. You never were. You bought something stolen from a kid on Craig's List. The kid had no legal title to transfer to you in exchange for that lovely cash, "legal tender for all debts, public and private".... He defrauded you.

And IMO (to quote you) "that should be the end of it".

It's not like folks here don't want you to have an enjoy a LB. We just don't think you have a claim.

"When 3 people in a row tell you you're drunk, it's time to sit down".

I agree, although I guess I'm not seeing them..... It should not be personal.

Now, are you going to answer the mans two questions?

OF

DasBlunt

The warranty that Magic Flight states, implies that once the box is claimed for warranty, the only way a new one will have the warranty is if the old one is sent in. The original box can easily be traced by the return so we can know even the city that the person voided their original warranty.

The caveat of the transferable warranty implies the old box, unless stolen, is still warrantied. Please remember before you say "this kid sold stolen property", Magic Flight and I both know the kids name, phone number and even the city based on the serial numbers and return info.

Fuck, maybe I am helping MF with PR to change this crappy loophole, or have a serial number database link for users.

I know I am hard on products. I look for durable products, and great warranties. I grew up mountain biking in NORCAL in the 80s. The warranty process evolved often and varies widely. We all know REI and Patagonia.

DasBlunt,

skippy

Cart before the horse. You know this because I offered the result before the scenario. Simple math I believe.

Before buying the box, I checked the warranty info, it said what I quoted, which is,

There is no way I should have been able to acquire an already warrantied box, unless the policy or the companies process is flawed.

Pointing out your mistakes are not insults ,it is pointing out your mistakes. I note you didn't answer my questions as it would highlight what you already know, you made a mistake and expect MFLB to fix YOUR mistake for you..

skippy,

DasBlunt

Pointing out your mistakes are not insults ,it is pointing out your mistakes. I note you didn't answer my questions as it would highlight what you already know, you made a mistake and expect MFLB to fix YOUR mistake for you..

I certainly appreciate the feedback, but your questions, can be answered by reading the following post. I do not care to argue in a manner approaching negative type banter because I respect the forum.

Please read below;

The warranty that Magic Flight states, implies that once the box is claimed for warranty, the only way a new one will have the warranty is if the old one is sent in. The original box can easily be traced by the return so we can know even the city that the person voided their NEW warranty.

The caveat of the transferable warranty implies the old box, unless stolen, is still warrantied. Please remember before you say "this kid sold stolen property", Magic Flight and I both know the kids name, phone number and even the city based on the serial numbers and return info.

Fuck, maybe I am helping MF with PR to change this crappy loophole, or have a serial number database link for users.

I know I am hard on products. I look for durable products, and great warranties. I grew up mountain biking in NORCAL in the 80s. The warranty process evolved often and varies widely. We all know REI and Patagonia"Edit, and you better believe people will not abuse a full lifetime warranty if there were more controls?

DasBlunt,

OF

The warranty that Magic Flight states, implies that once the box is claimed for warranty, the only way a new one will have the warranty is if the old one is sent in. The original box can easily be traced by the return so we can know even the city that the person voided their original warranty.

You're repeating yourself over and over....only using larger text.....not sure how that contributes to the discussion. Shouting generally doesn't help it that's what's going on? I'm following (I think) what you're saying but I don't agree with you and don't think you're considering what's being said back?

So I guess this means you're not going to answer the two questions?

I can understand your not wanting to and all, but I hope you see how your refusal to do so kind of ends the discussion????

OF

OF,
HEY GUYS WHEN WILL PUFF IT UP GET THE WALL ADAPTER FOR THE MFLB?
I REALLY WANT ONE BUT I'M WAITING FOR THE FINAL VERSION.
ALSO ARE THERE DISCOUNTS FOR THE ADAPTER?

tightywhiteys,

skippy

You refuse to accept the fact the box has been warrantied and you got ripped off, you prefer to blame MFLB for YOUR mistake. OH BTW most of us are not vision impaired either. So need to shout in large text, we are not the ones with comprehension problems,mate.

DasBlunt

The wall adapter rocks, just buy it direct from Magic Flight.

I do not even draw coal power to charge my batteries, or use my adapter, solar cells.

DasBlunt,

DasBlunt

The point is, the NEW warranty is what is voided if the old box is not sent in. It says it clearly in the FAQ.

Magic Flight is failing for not requiring someone to send in the old box first, I got screwed and, hey, you guys don't seem to care, rock on.

DasBlunt,

Frank38

I think the problem here is that you (DasBlunt) do not understand that you have bought stolen property from some kid on the net. You have been hustled, mate, and it's up to you if you want to go after the kid or not.

Once a unit has been replaced by warranty, that unit is no longer covered by warranty. There's no warranty to be transferred.

Think of it like this: You send a friend to the store to buy you an ice cream. On the way back he eats it. Do you ask him to reimburse you, or do you go down to the store and demand that they give you an ice cream?

Frank38,

Cinnamonster

DasBlunt, I hope you're able to get your money back from the kid.

Like everyone else has already said, it's not fair for MF to have to give you a new box for a box that already belongs to them. The original owner of the box, the "kid", contacted MFLB with a warranty claim. They sent him a new box under the assumption that the "kid" would ALSO return the old and now UNWARRANTED box. However, he decided to just sell the old box that MF expected to be mailed back, to YOU.

As soon as MF realized the kid scammed them, both serial numbers were blacklisted and void of warranty.

The box you have shouldn't even be in your hands. It's in your hands as a result of some little asshole taking advantage of a very generous company. Most companies wait until they have received the old product to make sure situations like these don't happen... Personally, I like that MF sends replacements before they receive the old one... that way, the user doesn't have to wait as long to medicate.

~(_8^(|) <--- Homer Simpson

Frank38

The point is, the NEW warranty is what is voided if the old box is not sent in. It says it clearly in the FAQ.

Magic Flight is failing for not requiring someone to send in the old box first, I got screwed and, hey, you guys don't seem to care, rock on.

I guess you could see it like that, but what you call a "fail" is what other call excellent customer service to speed up the warranty replacement. Shame the kid abused that goodwill.
As for caring you have the whole forum by now involved in trying to help you, despite all your shouting ;)

DasBlunt

I like the intent too, but here I am unfortunately on the other end, and you guys get to hear the silent screams of some dude who lost BECAUSE of their policy. I assumed when I was reading a policy of unconditional and lifetime TRANSFERABLE warranty, without a verification process, that I would have that when buying used. This scenario should have not occurred as the warranty faq stands, obviously.

Really, I just want a new screen. Repaired, or, I am pretty handy.

DasBlunt,

OF

As for caring you have the whole forum by now involved in trying to help you, despite all your shouting ;)

Excellent point. It's not we don't care, folks obviously do, we just don't agree with the OP's views. Looking back, I guess our views weren't being sought. I guess we were supposed to help put pressure on MF to supply a second warranty unit?

I still think the kid is going to get scheduled for a little reality update if he keeps scamming drug using strangers on CL. Some of them have pretty narrow perspectives and tend to over react sometimes. Karma can be powerful in the long run......

This scenario should have not occurred as the warranty faq stands, obviously.

I can't agree, it's not apparently not obvious if we don't all see it after it's been explained to us several times at various volumes..... Or we're all on the take from MF or are all too stupid to grasp obvious, simple things......in which case this is obviously a waste of time?

OF

Frank38

Yeah, I don't think I would have gone after the kid, but I would have sent him a note that he's on very thin ice with what he's doing...

Frank38,

Frank38

I like the intent too, but here I am unfortunately on the other end, and you guys get to hear the silent screams of some dude who lost BECAUSE of their policy. I assumed when I was reading a policy of unconditional and lifetime TRANSFERABLE warranty, without a verification process, that I would have that when buying used. This scenario should have not occurred as the warranty faq stands, obviously.

Really, I just want a new screen. Repaired, or, I am pretty handy.

I definitely agree it sucks you got scammed, just want to put the blame where it belongs, with the kid. A very generous warranty policy should not be questioned based on the rare unfortunate event that someone abuses it. If MF requires that they get the broken unit before sending the new one, the forum will be filled with people complaining about how long it takes to get their warranty replacements.

Unfortunately replacing the screen is not possible even if you're handy, as I was informed by Magic Flight when I had a warranty replacement, and in my case there was nothing wrong with the screen, it was just the O-ring that popped out and couldn't be put back. Originally I just asked for a new O-ring as I figured it was too big by some manufacturing error, but MF insisted on sending me a new box.

Frank38,

DasBlunt

recently, according the emails I received, there was some personal change in departments, and certain parts of the process were much slower. For me, 1 month to the day, beginning to "end".

DasBlunt,

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
I agree with what you guys are all saying about the warranty... but honestly, I think you're being a little hard on DasBlunt. The guy just spent a lot of money on a box and got scammed, he's frustrated, his reaction isn't out-of-the-blue. I think when he referred to insults stopping, he was talking about stuff like Skippy saying that he might be from an MFLB competitor just for complaining about the customer service - by this I don't mean query resolution but the time required for them to contact him etc. So hey, he's one of the few guys to complain - but even if he's the ONLY guy EVER to do so, that says nothing about his legitimacy. In fact I think he's very legit from what I read - he has a very specific complaint and didn't just make a couple of posts and leave. He also states his membership of a snowboarding forum, which can be checked for authenticity if you like. I think that comment about his legitimacy was therefore unwarranted... as were a couple others.
I myself sent Magic Flight a request from their online form two weeks ago - not with a complaint but inquiring about their international delivery. Because I wasn't in that much a hurry, I didn't think much of it when they got back to me a couple of weeks later (in style, I have to say - called me all the way from America to India :)) I didn't complain about the slow service, but I can see how, if they'd taken the same amount of time with someone who got scammed, just that could be intensely frustrating.
I hope you get the guy who scammed you man, I think it'd be justified if you went knocking on his door (if you have his address) and letting him face whatever consequences arise from talking to his parents or whatever. I also agree that Magic Flight is not responsible for your box. I just think (and I may be a newbie here but I've been on several forums for years now) that maybe you guys should've been a little kinder to someone with a genuine problem.

Peace.

JeeSee,
Reactions: WatTyler
Top Bottom