OF

Howdy, JeeSee, good to meet you. Good thoughts.

I think you're right, our new found friend was ripped off and it seems an honest misunderstanding of how warranties and contracts work played a role in that. Both unfortunate.

Looking back, I'm sure you'll see an avoidance of things folks on the forum were saying. No discussion, just a string of repeats which is what I think prompted the opinion that it could be a fish. I don't think so, but IMO not an unreasonable guess and frankly one that had passed my mind as I wondered if there might not be another agenda in play somehow (I was thinking more along the lines of harsh words between the OP and MF).

I could be off base here, but my understanding is any confrontation is out for legal issues. Not everyone has a card, not all those that do wish to open conversations with the police for any number of reasons. That's fun to joke about, but not really any of my business. Trying to explain the law around the issue isn't my business, either, but I'd hoped it would help address the original misunderstanding about the details.

If you come to a group such as this looking for free help and advice you're likely to get some not worth paying for.

It could have gone better, for sure, but I honestly think many of us gave it a good try and were rebuffed. Again, understandable but it is what it is.

OF

OF,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Cart before the horse. You know this because I offered the result before the scenario. Simple math I believe.

Before buying the box, I checked the warranty info, it said what I quoted, which is,

Is the vaporizer warranty transferable?

Yes. The warranty applies to whomever is the current owner/user of the Box.

There is no way I should have been able to acquire an already warrantied box, unless the policy or the companies process is flawed.

The insults personally towards me should cease.
The point is that the warranty becomes null and void on the box being warrantied. The new box is then given the warranty, and the old box is supposed to be sent back or the screen destroyed if you're overseas. Magic Flight was supposed to get the box back or have the original owner destroy it to put it out of circulation, but the guy decided not to send it in and instead sell it. The only way I can see this not happening anymore is making a warranty claim and then sending the de-screened vape but there's resin on it which makes it difficult. At least a lot more difficult than sending a new one and telling them to throw the old one away.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: Vicki

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I agree with JeeSee and I felt a little sorry for the new member facing a bit of a "pack attack"- but looking in and reading it all at once I can see how it evolved, and am not surprised given the well earned respect the MF have on FC.

I also think that DasBlunt has highlighted a valid issue and, although I agree with others that there's no wrong doing on MF's part who only have the best intentions, there is something of a weakness in the process. In taking sides and arguing about detail we risk losing sight of that. A crook or someone who is down on their luck and in need of some quick cash, instead of selling their LB, could very easily begin a warranty replacement and be left with 2 LBs. Double the money if these are then sold on to 2 unsuspecting customers in the second hand market, who both end up with a box with no active warranty. I'm sure this has happened many times- more than we read of here- and the majority of these defrauded customers probably never even attempt to enact their warranty (I've had the same box for well over 2 years now).

It's not Magic Flights fault that bad or desperate folk are out there, but it is a weakness in the system that perhaps needs solving or at least recognition. Magic Flight doesn't do the best job of highlighting this warranty risk of a second hand purchase IMO, and does kind of imply by omission that it's relatively safe to do. Of course, "buyer beware" is a good motto in the second hand market for anything, and it's not MF's responsibility per se to do anything, but they could give this information to help customers to prevent themselves being defrauded if they wanted to be helpful, which I believe they do.

I actually thought that I read a few pages back that they had changed the process and required pictures of a destroyed box before dispatching the replacement, but perhaps this was just for international customers?. It seems like a possible simple solution anyway to implement this across all warranty exchanges, or a more complex solution could be a searchable database of serial numbers like another member suggested.

skippy

Looking back, I'm sure you'll see an avoidance of things folks on the forum were saying. No discussion, just a string of repeats which is what I think prompted the opinion that it could be a fish.
I'm sorry if I offended you DasBlunt. I queried your sincerity because you seemed to be so fixated on what YOU thought should happen and disregarded with most advice everyone was offering. I must say you probably didn't want advice as much as support. It seemed your only intention was to complain about MFLB without facing the facts. But its your right to have the opinion MFLB owe you just as its my right to have a different opinion,and I'll leave it at that.

skippy,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Recently, MF seems to have changed their process for warranties. In the past, the old vape was returned. I've seen numerous posts recently saying that a picture of the LB with the screen and lid removed are required for warranty replacement. This would certainly solve the problem of sending back a used vape, but also the problem of an LB being sold after warranty replacement. Can't use an LB with no lid or screen.

I'm sure it's situations like DasBlunt's that have prompted them to do this. In the past, they let you hold on to your old unit until it was replaced by the warranty unit so that you wouldn't be without a vape. This has bitten them in the butt more than once, I'm sure, hence the process change.

DasBlunt, IMO you should continue to try to communicate with Magic Flight. Give them the evidence of your purchase, pictures of the LB and your experience. I know you've done it once already, but do it again in case it slipped through the cracks. They are a reputable company with great customer service. I would not be surprised to see them help you back if you helped them with this warranty scam. Don't be put off by a slow reply. They have grown enormously in the past couple years and this and the possible personnel changes has probably slowed down their reply process. Hang in there and good luck!

sundaddy

I think we have to remember Magic Flight goes way over and beyond what any other company would do. Expecting them to stretch even further is being a bit obtuse. Let's mitigate this situation by filling our trenches, and completing the circuit. Peace

DasBlunt

I think we have to remember Magic Flight goes way over and beyond what any other company would do. Expecting them to stretch even further is being a bit obtuse. Let's mitigate this situation by filling our trenches, and completing the circuit. Peace

No one but me is expecting them to do anything but either change the process or the policies ( and fix/replace my box).

I bought the used box based on their own warranty as I owned one already and am very happy with it.

The warranty even implies very directly, that the original box is always with a warranty, and the new box's warranty becomes void if the old one is not "sent in" or destroyed (international).

Flaw in the matrix if this can happen to me IMO.

DasBlunt,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
The warranty even implies very directly, that the original box is always with a warranty, and the new box's warranty becomes void if the old one is not "sent in" or destroyed (international).

Exactly. The seller did not turn in the old box, but rather sold it to you. Both boxes warranties were voided because of fraud. I don't care how old the seller is. If they did this to me, I would keep trying to contact them. I would not be calling the manufacturer and blaming them, and expect the manufacturer to make give me a new box. Have you confronted the seller about the warranty issue? Have you been trying to contact the seller?

Vicki,
Reactions: OF

OF

You keep bringing this point up, I keep pointing to the legal lack of standing you have to demand anything based on such a claim. You were not party to the original purchase. No "Quid pro quo". No contract for you. Your contract is with the seller. He still has a claim with MF, but to cover you he'll have to return or pay for the replacement he defrauded MF out of before he scammed you.

I'm sorry you bought a defective box expecting MF to replace it (I'd probably have done so as well since I tend to trust folks over such small sums) but the error seems to be in buying it and the guy who sold it.....not the maker's fault, legally or morally (IMO on the latter of course, the former is not really subject to much debate, it's a matter of law).

I'm sorry you lost money on the deal (everyone likes a cheap price for something they want) but I'm glad you have a working box to console you. Hopefully your next purchase will go better. Too bad the punk kid is getting away with it, chances are he's going to scam again.....and on another innocent guy?

OF

OF,

DasBlunt

Well, because of these repeated disagreements of opinion, with the exact same people, I will just post, yet again, my own last logical explanation

Unless the same people are just looking to argue, there really is nothing new to state. At least some other members here see the flaw in Magic Flights current warranty.

The warranty that Magic Flight states, implies that once the box is claimed for warranty, the only way a new one will have the warranty is if the old one is sent in. The original box can easily be traced by the return so we can know even the city that the person has now voided their new warranty.

The caveat of the transferable warranty implies the old box, unless stolen, is still warrantied. Please remember before you say "this kid sold stolen property", Magic Flight and I both know the kids name, phone number and even the city based on the serial numbers and return info.

Fuck, maybe I am helping MF with PR to change this crappy loophole, or have a serial number database link for users.

I know I am hard on products. I look for durable products, and great warranties. I grew up mountain biking in NORCAL in the 80s. The warranty process evolved often and varies widely. We all know REI and Patagonia.[/quote]

DasBlunt,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
The caveat of the transferable warranty implies the old box, unless stolen, is still warrantied.

How could you possibly think that? If Magic Flight gave away boxes based on your understanding of things, they would go out of business. It would be extremely sad if Magic Flight had to alter the wording in their warranty to state the obvious, that the old box is no longer under warranty if it has had a claim before.

Actually, it's probably a good idea now. Although most people get this concept, it seems to be needed in writing, for their own protection. I really hate when good people/companies get taken advantage of because they are nice. That's why there are so few nice people left in the world. :(

**Also, you never answered any of my questions. Have you been trying to get a hold of this kid?? Have you confronted him about this warranty issue?

Vicki,

OF

At least some other members here see the flaw in Magic Flights current warranty.

I guess I missed that part, can you please show me a couple of those folks?

TIA

FWIW, I don't see any arguments here. I see some points raised (some over and over) but not much addressing of the other fellow's points??? I see the same two (IMO important) questions ignored and I seriously doubt much looking into Quid pro quo has gone on? Not responding to (or considering?) the other fellow's perspective doesn't make for discussions or arguments were I come from.

So who are these guys who support you? Perhaps one of them can respond to me? I really am interested you know.....

OF

OF,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Wow... I have been following this for the past day. At this point in time it is safe to say that both sides are not going to come to an agreement. If we learned a lesson it is that we should all be cautious where we buy our products from. If you really really care about warranty you should buy the product new direct from an authorized retailer. MFLB warranty goes above and beyond most companies warranty. I know allot of manufacturers will only honor the warranty for the original purchaser.

I think both sides have valid points. A Jewish philosopher once said there is 10 sides to every every argument/discussion.

Quetzalcoatl

I want to see a picture of the hole in this screen, if it's big enough to affect performance surely it would have been noticeable even at a glance?

Magic Flight, it's been at least a few weeks off from May 15, can I please get an update on the adapter :( soon? I'm ordering the PA within the next week and if at all possible, I would love to get both at the same time ;)

Quetzalcoatl,

Frank38

No one but me is expecting them to do anything but either change the process or the policies ( and fix/replace my box).

I bought the used box based on their own warranty as I owned one already and am very happy with it.

I agree, it kind of is, but to be honest if this was a bit more than a one way discussion - you never responded to what you think the alternative should be, unless I missed it. If warranty is only issued upon the successful return of the broken box, a lot of people will complain about long handling times. What would you suggest be a better way?

skippy

Unless the same people are just looking to argue, there really is nothing new to state. At least some other members here see the flaw in Magic Flights current warranty.
The only person looking to argue is YOU, you disregard what EVERYONE keeps telling you, if you dont want feedback dont ask,because you seem incapable of understanding it. Besides, now its just boring, you going on and on about the same thing.

max

Out to lunch
DasBlunt said:
I look for durable products, and great warranties.
The MF box is durable, and has a warranty that's 2nd to none in the vaporizer world. The fact that you don't agree with their warranty policy is clear. You've stated your case, and I don't see much, if any rabble roused to march on the MF headquarters demanding relief from an unjust policy.

If you want to keep up this protest, you need to do it directly with the company. Continuing to argue your point in this thread serves no purpose, and it won't be allowed.

DasBlunt

The MF box is durable, and has a warranty that's 2nd to none in the vaporizer world. The fact that you don't agree with their warranty policy is clear. You've stated your case, and I don't see much, if any rabble roused to march on the MF headquarters demanding relief from an unjust policy.

If you want to keep up this protest, you need to do it directly with the company. Continuing to argue your point in this thread serves no purpose, and it won't be allowed.

Well, now you, a mod, is continuing the rabble rouse, good job dude!!:tup:

Their warranty, if you have read it, is pretty clear. Some people here think their own judgement is the final word.

mod note: public discussion of moderator decisions is not allowed. Please read the rules.

DasBlunt,
Reactions: madmark

stickstones

Vapor concierge
DasBlunt...It sounds like the warranty could be reworded or expanded to keep people from being confused about used box warranty coverage. But it doesn't take much logical thinking to realize that your interpretation of the warranty as currently worded is not feasible and not the original intent.

If they replace the box for you, kindly send the old one to me instead of them. Then I can make the same claim and get a free one. Then I can send it to momfothegoons and she can get a free box the same way. Then she can send it vaporboxed and he can get a free unit...and on and on and on. Any customer who thinks this is logical or intended is sure to be disappointed. Also, you didn't send MF any money for this second box, so it is not your second transaction with the company.

I think your best bet is to contact MF telling them you enjoyed your first box so much you bought a used one that turned out to be damaged. Then ask for a replacement screen and see what they would charge you. This type of resolution sounds like the kind of stuff MF would do because they love their customers...including you. But there is no way they can replace that box for you.

I am impressed with your tone on this forum, but you are the only one on your side of the fence on this issue, which should say something to you.

Let's stop posting about this issue until you have a resolution to report.

max

Out to lunch
Congrats on getting a warning "dude". Maybe you'd like to try for another? Or maybe just read the rules instead? They're under 'Help'.

Quetzalcoatl

I wouldn't be surprised to see MF come out with a whole new model for concentrates.
But... but they said it was an adapter :(

I probably wouldn't purchase a separate unit for concentrates, honestly. May as well get a skillet or a TI nail at that point. I don't want to have to carry two units instead of one and an adapter!

Quetzalcoatl,

sundaddy

Yeah I know, I think it would be cool to have a LB with a tiny bowl that you just dropped in some concentrates. They are geniuses over there, I'm sure they're cooking up something good. What would be cool is a small glass insert that you lay on top of the trench.

Frank38

Well, because of these repeated disagreements of opinion, with the exact same people, I will just post, yet again, my own last logical explanation

I know I am hard on products. I look for durable products, and great warranties. I grew up mountain biking in NORCAL in the 80s. The warranty process evolved often and varies widely. We all know REI and Patagonia.

Well I'm out of discussing with you anyway, since you are only acting rude, shouting most of your stuff as well as completely ignoring the plain facts people are presenting to you trying to help you. To be quite frank, it seems your "I'm hard on products" rather means "I'm hell bent on being right". Why not just chill about the lost box? The issue is between you and the kid anyway, not people on the forum or MF.

Frank38,
Top Bottom