Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I just finished a "refresh/analyze" mode on my C9000. I did my twelve Imedions that I have been using the past six months. In the end, all twelve batteries had capacities between 2250-2300 MAH. Not bad after six months of continuous use. :)

Vicki,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
did a break in on all 8 'blah' 2700's i had.....now working awesome. the c9000 is really fucking awesome

JDSupreme,

Irie

Chant Down Babylon
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
PacifistK said:
I'm having an issue with Powerex 2700mAh batteries. If I use them in my MFLB without any herb, I'm getting a thin white oder-less smoke.

I'm concerned that this could be hazardous. I've tried cleaning thoroughly but it made no difference. I think it might be from accumulated resiny stuff under the screen, but I have no way to tell for sure.

Using the batteries that it came with does not exhibit this problem.

Any suggestions?

I bet it's vapor residue, as it builds up on everything it touches, and the stock batteries don't get as hot as the new ones you have. The new ones get hot enough to vaporize that residue (Vape goo, wand hash, etc) so the "white smoke" is probably vapor.

Think of it like dry hitting a pipe for resin hits (gross IMO) but with Vape, its not resin, it's residue. Just stuff that cooled off before getting to you. So technically, you can medicate slightly with no herb.

Edit, shine a flashlight into the mouth hole, and you'll probaly see brownish, Goldman buildup inside the bottom, that's whats getting vaped.
weedemon said:
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
I bet it's vapor residue, as it builds up on everything it touches, and the stock batteries don't get as hot as the new ones you have. The new ones get hot enough to vaporize that residue (Vape goo, wand hash, etc) so the "white smoke" is probably vapor.

I was going to suggest the same thing. i also noticed on my recent switch to the new(2700) batteries that i see more vapour in the chamber. the old batters worked, but not like these... i can only imagine what the PA is like :p
This may have been discussed previously, likely over the almost 400 page thread, but what temps effects the wood as far as vaporization? All of them obviously and maybe it get's cured and/or sorta "kiln-dried" so it is not an issue. Introducing more heat may access another piece of the "vapor trail".

A few times, by accident, when I close to combust in my LB, it get's very harsh and irritating to my lungs.

I wonder, is this high temp vaporizing/charring/slightly burning the wood and is this happening every time we operate at a higher temperature?

I've always used glass, I am new to wood, so excuse my newbie question/observation if I am off base.

BTW- Have LOVED my LB!!!:)

Irie,
I just bought this a few weeks ago and I have to say just how surprised I was by such a little thing. It's so simple and it travels well.

I think their intent with making such a product is in the right place as well.

I hope to see them make more similar products.

keltone7,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Yay it finally arrived today! Can't wait to try it out :D

2011-03-12%2019.14.58.jpg

MajorDoobage,

medme

ex-smoker by choice
i've had my launch box awhile now,,, and love it... the batteries got better after i used them a few times and i was really liking it.... then i got the power adapter,,,

WOW,,, its like a fresh battery that NEVER goes dead.. and thats with it turned down!

i never combusted UNTIL i got the power adapter,,, it took about 3 trenches and i've got my perfect temp to draw figured out,,, i use it at about 90% and its super, just like a fresh battery, and it never varies power, so once you get your draw and temp down,,,, a monkey could do it,, or even somebody thats really medicated!!

thank you MAGIC-FLIGHT........

medme,

RYG

Three weeks of exclusively MFLB'ing, here's what i've found: (xpost from /r/trees)

I've been smoking for about 7 years (holy shit, i just counted that, almost a decade!), but only got a vaporizor about 3 weeks ago. Previously i had a vape buddy (The one you use with a lighter), and it was alright, but i never used it exclusively. When I got the MFLB, i decided to use nothing but it until 420. Here are my results:

• The high: Cleaner, less groggy, no crash
    [/*]
  • Focus: Better focus, can get baked at work and perform, can do homework while MFLB'd[/*]
  • the taste: infinitely better, i did smoke a joint on thursday night and found it ashy and nasty. i smoked with two buddies a fat fat joint of sugar kush, and barely felt anything
    [/*]
  • frequency: the frequency with which i smoke has grown quite a bit, but because there's no burn out or crash, i can still get stuff done.[/*]
  • inconspicuousy: The bus. In class. In tutorial. In a coffee shop. At work. Near cops. In offices. the biggest problem here is the sight of vapour escaping your mouth when you exhale. i try to exhale slowly through my nose, but this is still the biggest issue. I read somewhere that MFLB was proud of not making their vapour visible, but that's garb, it's TOTALLY visible. I find if it's not, you don't get a solid enough hit.[/*]
  • the smell: THERE IS A SMELL. it dissapates quickly, but there certainly is. The only way to circumvent it is to overpower it, or make sure you vape in an area where it'll be gone fast, or that you can leave from.
    [/*]
  • being detected: on two occassions people noticed the smell and said something. on the first, i was returning to my desk at work and was asked if i just smoked a joint in the bathroom. i said no, that i had chron in my jacket pocket, which i reached into and feigned that it'd all fallen out. he bought it, because the smell was gone. the second time a girl next to me in class smelled it. she said something, but the person on her other side dismised it, and so did i. she looked crazy.[/*]
  • the problems: the biggest problem i've found so far is that the little dip that is at the back of the device allows some weed to fall out sometimes, if it's grated too finely. additionally, the positioning of the battery can be awkward, as elasticing it to the side isn't always practical. also, sharing it is a bit weird, as you've pretty much got your mouth all over the front part.[/*]

So that's been my experience thus far. i'll update you guys once again after 420 as to my final conclusion, but i think www.fuckcombustion.com may soon have it's newest proud member.

RYG,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Nice review RYG and welcome to FC!

For the smell part: Yes the visible clouds will smell, and yes like you I need visible clouds and their "weight" in my mouth to be satisfied so... Try to keep the hit longer in you: by taking smaller hits (stopping before you know you ara getting to your inhale limit...keep a litlle fresh air), then keep this hit LONG in your lungs. When I say long I mean it: do micro-breathings while the vape stays in your lungs for 30sec +... Exhale only then, and you will see that MF's claim for non visible vape + almost no smell canbe achieved! ;)

FLskwat,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
FLskwat said:
Nice review RYG and welcome to FC!

For the smell part: Yes the visible clouds will smell, and yes like you I need visible clouds and their "weight" in my mouth to be satisfied so... Try to keep the hit longer in you: by taking smaller hits (stopping before you know you ara getting to your inhale limit...keep a litlle fresh air), then keep this hit LONG in your lungs. When I say long I mean it: do micro-breathings while the vape stays in your lungs for 30sec +... Exhale only then, and you will see that MF's claim for non visible vape + almost no smell canbe achieved! ;)

Welcome ryg, and i am in the same boat as you both, with needing the bigger hits....but i can say from experience, when I doubt (needing to be discrete) take a couple little ones , instead of one huge one....cause it only takes one, really big hit, that you can't hold in to blow your cover... Lol

Purpl3_Haz3,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
I certainly underestimated the power of the LB! I took 4 hits off of a moderate sized trench, and i was VAKED! I know that different strains will produce different highs but I definitely felt a body high. It wasn't like an exhausted/stupid body high, it was more numbing/fluid body high. The cerebral high was awesome too :D I'm extremely happy with my new device and thanks to FC for all the info!

MajorDoobage,

YourPalHal

THC Exploiter
Hey all!

I bought my MFLB at the end of last year, and fell in love instantly. The box I had was one of the older models with the copper wire, no pushback-ring, and a notch for an air intake rather than the shallow, carved groove. Unfortunately, this box had a screen issue and I contacted MagicFlight to get my warranty replacement. That replacement came, and it was the new model.

I threw my old box in a drawer until I could find the time to prepare it for shipping. My new box works well, though it really doesn't compete with how my old one used to work. I found with the old box that packing in half a trench was incredible, and produced really quality vapor hits consistently. My new box really only works when I pack a full trench-worth. It's not a huge problem, but it is still a bit inconvenient.

Anyway, I finally got around to cleaning the box up and packing it up. When I was walking it to the bathroom for an iso-wash, I accidentally dropped it on the tile floor and a piece of the plexi-glass chipped off of the back. Unfortunately, this chunk that broke connected to the metal clamp that the cover swings around, so the plastic can now come off of the box completely when it isn't in it's closed position.

I'm just hoping that I didn't void my warranty, and was wondering if anyone had thoughts on this. I'm not really sure if the plexi-glass is covered. I was just unsure of whether or not there would be a problem with damaging my box further, after I had already received my replacement.

I suppose the worst-case-scenario is that my new box doesn't have a warranty, but I really hope that's not the case.

I can't say enough good things about this product, though. It is incredible, and I feel that everyone should have one. Also, the company is STUPENDOUS. They have been so helpful, courteous, prompt, and professional every time I have dealt with them. Thank you for any help that anyone is able to provide.

As always, Peace and Happy Vaping!

YourPalHal,

B.

War Criminal
To answer,and praise mf customer service: about a year ago I broke my lid because im clumsy,and I emailed blissville to ask if I could purchase a new lid, and they replied that instead theyll be shipping a brand new replacement unit to me. I was amazed. That story helpedconvince half a dozen folks to buy a box of their own.

Hope it works out.

Also, the best way to find out is to email them.

B.,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
This has probably been discussed before- but does anyone travel with their LB? I mean on a plane. Heading skiing in a couple weeks and hate to have to combust. I was thinking of cleaning it real good and putting it in with some toiletries or something. Anyone?

Tstat,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
I'd say go for it!

Nice ISO clean + burning 20 sec dry to evaporate ISO + burning 20sec multiple times till you get no more fumes (resin residues burning)... Another round of this overall process for extra security and you should be ok...but that's only me!

FLskwat,

weedemon

enthusiast
Tstat said:
This has probably been discussed before- but does anyone travel with their LB? I mean on a plane. Heading skiing in a couple weeks and hate to have to combust. I was thinking of cleaning it real good and putting it in with some toiletries or something. Anyone?

i wouldn't bring it on as carry on, but i think you should be able to bring it along with you. clean it for sure before you leave though.

weedemon,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
weedemon said:
Tstat said:

i wouldn't bring it on as carry on, but i think you should be able to bring it along with you. clean it for sure before you leave though.

Yup, I'd say definitely in the checked baggage...with the aforementioned cleaning info...

Also may want to pack the box by itself (no other box accessories), keeping the batts, charger, etc separate...I'd completely leave the stem home myself...I don't use it, and it looks suspiciously like a piece of drug paraphernalia, for use with non herb drugs...o got pulled over with launch box, and had the stem loose in my center console. I was fine cause i have my recommendation for herb, but the cop really thought the stem was for snorting stuff. I showed him how it went into the LB, and he was satisfied. Still a close one though...

Purpl3_Haz3,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, I would certainly put it by itself and on checked luggage- with no stem. I always bring herbs with me (rolled up tight in a filled baby powder container). Before I started vaping, I would always bring a brand new, cheap glass pipe and leave it behind with whatever herbs are leftover. I certainly don't want to leave my LB behind, so I guess I would have to clean it for the ride home.

Last time in Utah I left a six pack, the pipe, and about 1/4 for some cool looking people we saw checking in :)

Tstat,

al bundy

Vaporist
get a wood stem for the box here
http://www.edstnt.com/index_files/Page995.htm

and as far as bringing herb i always take a half to a oz when i go to the caribbean or n.c or fla.
2 half oz bags doubled up in my pants pocket.
never had a problem, i hate to look for herb on vacation way to much $$$ for shit.
when i go to caribbean what ever i have left i give to a few friends there.

al bundy,

wthanna

First.... two bags is never a good way to travel. It makes "intent to distribute" a sure thing they will hit you with. Second, traveling with it in your pocket is sure to get you busted in the US with the new body scans. :cool:

wthanna,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I just went to Vegas last month, had to wonder how I was gonna get high, I went ahead and sent mine through the mail where I was staying and before I even signed the paperwork my package was in my hand and I was off to the room for a well needed session!

Ed's TnT,

weedemon

enthusiast
Ed's TnT said:
I just went to Vegas last month, had to wonder how I was gonna get high, I went ahead and sent mine through the mail where I was staying and before I even signed the paperwork my package was in my hand and I was off to the room for a well needed session!

dude that's awesome :) haha nice one!

weedemon,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, I would never carry it on. As long as your suitcase makes it through the scanner, it's clear sailing. I don't think I could mail it to the condo we rented.

Tstat,

al bundy

Vaporist
wthanna said:
First.... two bags is never a good way to travel. It makes "intent to distribute" a sure thing they will hit you with. Second, traveling with it in your pocket is sure to get you busted in the US with the new body scans. :cool:

no no not in my pocket, in my pocket in a pair of folded pants in the checked in luggage.
i never carry anything on my self
only split it in two so its smaller.

i know someone who brings 1-3 lbs in their checked baggage.to the Carribean several times
makes me wonder what the heck theyre looking for.

al bundy,

CutePanda

I finally used the PA on 90% power and it blows the 2 stock batteries away. My buddy accidentally combusted and my trench was left with a dark black smudge. Dipped the brush in ISO and put the PA in and brushed the trench until the ISO burned off. Removed some of the black, but I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to remove the smudge completely.

I also received my powerex 2700's with the charger. I won't be needing the batteries anytime soon, so I'll wait to break them in. All in all, I am very satisfied with the PA and would give it a 9/10 overall.

CutePanda,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
"no no not in my pocket, in my pocket in a pair of folded pants in the checked in luggage."

Hehe, OK. Shit, I would be so scared to have ANYTHING ON ME in a US airport.

Tstat,
Top Bottom