lwien

stuey said:
mintberrycrunch said:
I think that's hilarious that you guys find it utterly unfathomable that someone could dislike the MFLB.

We just dont know how you can be 100% sure you are using it correctly and 100% sure its not faulty.

Well said. I mean, ANY vape can be faulty so doesn't it make sense to find out if the unit is in fact faulty before trashing it, unless of course, you have some other agenda here?

lwien,

mintberrycrunch

lwien said:
stuey said:
mintberrycrunch said:
I think that's hilarious that you guys find it utterly unfathomable that someone could dislike the MFLB.

We just dont know how you can be 100% sure you are using it correctly and 100% sure its not faulty.

Well said. I mean, ANY vape can be faulty so doesn't it make sense to find out if the unit is in fact faulty before trashing it, unless of course, you have some other agenda here?

DERP DERP DERP I DON'T KNOW MAYBE MY FRIEND HAS ONE TOO AND HIS DISLIKE FOR IT COINCIDES WITH MINE. Surely TWO can't be broken!

Surely my technique is wrong because I'm an idiot and this device is the greatest thing ever to grace the world... but how did I get the 6-8 hits I mentioned earlier with the first cloud showing visible vapors? While everything after that is like a bad taste?

I've went into detail about what methods and how finely I grinded my herb and I've asked for opinions and you guys says surely it's broken. So unless there's more techniques out there or I just need to get more replacements, I'm going to go ahead and stand by my original opinion that this device doesn't work for me, and me feeling ripped off is going to of course warn people. :)

mintberrycrunch,

hereatlast

I don't think members take issue with a bad review, such criticisms are well documented on this site and provide great incentive for a product's progress. There are some in this thread that have expressed a dissatisfaction with the Box, that's fair. mintberrycrunch you seem to consistently maintain that the Box doesn't work yet you're using it right, that the Box isn't as advertised, e.g.

This thing is a toy, it runs on a battery and it'll just heat up as hot as you leave the battery plugged in to the point of combustion

The Box works great for many, myself included, and to deem it a toy is telling of the condescending manner with which you've approached the product and your discussion of it.

when a said vaporizer claims that you can use this device to vaporize then it should AT LEAST be able to do that.

The Box does claim to vaporize and it does so very well, you're asserting that it doesn't perform as such raises suspicion when dozens of others have reported success. Again, perhaps you have a faulty unit? Why not check it out and make sure you've gotten the best out of the product?

The SSV produces Vapors. The MFLB does not.

Another bold assertion without proper justification. Again its hard not to be dumbfounded, the Box (in my hand right now), is producing vapor quickly and efficiently, and I can see it. Its hard to accept that you're truly trying to get the best out of the device as clearly your in the minority here. Maybe you have a faulty box? Why not get that checked?

And just for reference, what seems to be your first post on this site:

I just got a launch box and this thing is a joke. It doesn't produce vapors.

And to bring it full circle, your latest post:

This is just clearly not the case, give some justified and believable reasons why your dissatisfied (it doesn't work and it doesn't produce vapors aren't gonna cut it on this board obviously) and look into cashing in on the great warranty. Why not just give it a shot? Doesn't it seem that your review is vastly different than the experience others have had? Again, nothing wrong with not liking a product and expressing your view, for the sake of progress it would be much more helpful if your criticisms were at least more specific.

hereatlast,

stuey

mintberrycrunch said:
lwien said:
stuey said:

DERP DERP DERP I DON'T KNOW MAYBE MY FRIEND HAS ONE TOO AND HIS DISLIKE FOR IT COINCIDES WITH MINE. Surely TWO can't be broken!

Surely my technique is wrong because I'm an idiot and this device is the greatest thing ever to grace the world... but how did I get the 6-8 hits I mentioned earlier with the first cloud showing visible vapors? While everything after that is like a bad taste?

I've went into detail about what methods and how finely I grinded my herb and I've asked for opinions and you guys says surely it's broken.

You have had all the advice you need.

I will not be responding to you further.

Good luck

stuey,

return2heaven

you've been repeatedly told to email MF instead of continuing your rant here. you've been told that MF has awesome customer service and they will try to make you happy. so wtf is the problem?

return2heaven,

stuey

Id advise others to steer away from this guy.

He is obviously lying / attention seeking.

His friend has a LB and dosent like it (ok fine.. not liking the LB is not in itself grounds for lying) but ask yourself this.. why would he then go out and buy one?

stuey,

mintberrycrunch

return2heaven said:
you've been repeatedly told to email MF instead of continuing your rant here. you've been told that MF has awesome customer service and they will try to make you happy. so wtf is the problem?

why are you so mad?

stuey said:

His friend has a LB and dosent like it (ok fine.. not liking the LB is not in itself grounds for lying) but ask yourself this.. why would he then go out and buy one?

hey champ, this ever cross your mind? Maybe we both decided to pick up one each together? ZING.

stuey said:
mintberrycrunch said:
lwien said:

I've went into detail about what methods and how finely I grinded my herb and I've asked for opinions and you guys says surely it's broken.

Good luck

It's funny that you left the rest of my quote out:
So unless there's more techniques out there or I just need to get more replacements, I'm going to go ahead and stand by my original opinion that this device doesn't work for me, and me feeling ripped off is going to of course warn people. smile

Just going to leave this here.

Modnote: You've been asked to play nice and abide by the rules, this time it's infractions.
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/misc.php?action=rules

mintberrycrunch,

stuey

Why wont he contact MF for a replacement? because again he is lying and simply dosent own one.

mod note: We're not going to tolerate calling someone a liar. Please stay on topic and off the personal stuff.

stuey,

stuey

mintberrycrunch said:
return2heaven said:

why are you so mad?

stuey said:

hey champ, this ever cross your mind? Maybe we both decided to pick up one each together? ZING.

stuey said:
mintberrycrunch said:

Good luck

It's funny that you left the rest of my quote out:
So unless there's more techniques out there or I just need to get more replacements, I'm going to go ahead and stand by my original opinion that this device doesn't work for me, and me feeling ripped off is going to of course warn people. smile

Just going to leave this here.

I think you will find you added that after I quoted you. Infact your post even shows the time you edited it.

stuey,

mintberrycrunch

stuey said:
Ill tell you what this guy wants: a refund for a LB he hasnt bought!

stuey said:
Why wont he contact MF for a replacement? because again he is lying and simply dosent own one.

That's so funny.

Don't know what this thing is then:
fdf6gm.jpg

I'd be COMPLETELY content with a refund. They do refunds?

mintberrycrunch,

stuey

mintberrycrunch said:
stuey said:

stuey said:

That's so funny.

http://i52.tinypic.com/fdf6gm.jpg

NO but perhaps your friend might like to replace his

stuey,

return2heaven

mintberrycrunch said:
stuey said:

stuey said:

That's so funny.

http://i52.tinypic.com/fdf6gm.jpg

your screen looks really funny in that pic. whats all that discoloring on it? (black?)

return2heaven,

stuey

Are you shaking it between each hit? Because that looks a bit charred for an almost new LB.

stuey,

upriver

combustion-free
mintberrycrunch - if you are getting a good hit but thats all, its a battery issue, not the box. Unfortunately battery technology is sketchy and expensive. My batteries which came with the unit needed time in a superior charger to bring them back to life - I still believe that with the cost of the new charger this kit is worth it. I don't know if MF will replace your batteries as a warranty issue, but its worth a shot. Its up to you... if you want to enjoy an excellent, stealthy portable vape, put a little effort into solving your battery issues. If you don't want to enjoy this thing, then I suggest you sell it. Put a link to this thread in your ad so your potential buyers will see that you're just selling it because you don't like it, not because its a "ripoff". Should be a win/win for you and your buyer.

Or, you could keep griping here with no details or displays of effort on your part and eventually get yourself banned and then make a new account name and keep hassling people who just want to talk about getting the most out of their vaporizers. Up to you, buddy!

upriver,

stuey

BTW I had to get a decent smart charger for use with the LB.

The standard one is OK but wont refresh your batteries. So performance will diminish over time. Wouldnt expect it to have diminished so soon after getting it though.

stuey,

sundaddy

There are people that don't like sex, it stands to reason that someone in this world wouldn't care for the MFLB. I love mine, but didn't care for the Iolite ... It made my throat feel like I was sucking on a hair dryer. Different strokes for different folks. There is a section where you can sell your vape. I'm sure you could trade it or sell it. If I had the extra money, I'd buy it as a back-up to my back-up.

sundaddy,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'll be fair here to mintberrycruch although he makes it tempting not to be.

I've looked closely at that picture and in my opinion that is a lightly used LB. The discolourization is normal and not far off a virgin.

Having said that, and having had my wrist slapped by a moderator (rightfully so) for calling mintberrycrunch a troll upon his first post, I am not about to respond to him directly; however, I think a person looking for help instead of trying to make mischief would behave differently.

Edited for punctuation

pakalolo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
sundaddy said:
There are people that don't like sex, it stands to reason that someone in this world wouldn't care for the MFLB. Different strokes for different folks.

Exactly. Opinions are like belly buttons, everybody has one. Just because one person dislikes something does not mean another person will also. ;)

My opinion is that I love my Launch Box. :D

Vicki,

tc1

Guess I'll step in and lighten the mood. I was going to wait until I could perform a vape review but I'll just post that later tonight.

My MFLB has ARRIVED!

2wf2ww3.jpg

It was suppose to come with the 4 piece metal grinder and some ZED pipe cleaners. Instead, it came with a 4 piece metal grinder and a Dragon Chewer. The Dragon Chewer is a plastic container (green container in pic) that can also be used as a grinder. The bottom of the container and bottom of the lid come together to form a grinder. Much niftier than some pipe cleaners I don't really need. It also came with a nice size bag of spearmint leaf which smells lovely. I'll be using that in my next batch of home made goats milk soap most likely.

So far ... well worth the $84 shipped to my door in 3 days. Review coming tonight or tomorrow.

tc1,

lwien

Nice pic. Especially like the red cloth under the grinder to show off those grinder holes. ;)

Man, I've been contemplating on getting one of these for a long time now. Don't really need a portable being that all my vaping is done at home, but it's just such a neat little thing.

lwien,

george

lwien said:
Nice pic. Especially like the red cloth under the grinder to show off those grinder holes. ;)

Man, I've been contemplating on getting one of these for a long time now. Don't really need a portable being that all my vaping is done at home, but it's just such a neat little thing.

And it can be just as efficient as the beloved Purple Days :brow:

george,

lwien

george said:
lwien said:

And it can be just as efficient as the beloved Purple Days :brow:

I've read mixed reviews on that. Some say yes, some say no, but most say close, but for me, if it's close, that's good enough.

But this is definitely more of a want than a need.

lwien,

upriver

combustion-free
I use a 4-piece Mendo Mulcher for my SSV, but indeed its a little coarse for the MFLB. I actually really like the tiny one it came with. I thought it was a gimmicky toy at first, but it really works well and is so cute. I do wish it had knurls on both pieces for easier twisting, but it still works pretty well. Sometimes I'll just grind up a bunch in the MM and move a pinch into the mini to finish it off. I've been considering a spice grinder, but I don't really want/need another thing to plug in.

upriver,
Top Bottom