The Lotus Vaporizer

BestBuds

The Dude
Does anyone know where to get replacement hot plate for lotus since they went out of business?
I think the plates were going to be offered on eBay?
Exit: I hate that my damn phone won't show me the most recent posts.

Anyways, I used the lotus last night and tried the basket screen mod for smaller doses. I wonder if I could score extra wood because the one I have is my first and there are some scorch marks lol

Cannabliss*420

Cool thanks guys. I never really used lotus much but am excited to learn how to use it. I have a custom dynavap pipe coming with ability to accept lotus. Lotus has been sitting in my drawer for two years, never could get technique down but love design and collecting

the ob

all good in the hood.
I had no idea people still love these.

I literally have one that I purchased at launch that I think I used twice and then added it to my “collection”. Oh, my collection :)

I might have to give this thing another shot. It’s been a while….

the ob,

Noichichon

vaporise vaporise vaporise la vie te fumera pas!!
Bonjour à tous

savez quand est ce que les plaques seront disponibles sur eBay. Je viens de d'aplatir la mienne avec le dor d'une cuillère ...

la cannabise

Noichichon,

davap84

Bonjour à tous

savez quand est ce que les plaques seront disponibles sur eBay. Je viens de d'aplatir la mienne avec le dor d'une cuillère ...

la cannabise
Max, le boss de Lotus, a dit qu'elles seraient prochainement disponibles, sans donner de date.

davap84,

GoldenBud

I forgot my french long time ago, Been to Paris 20 years ago. But I do need a new Lotus plate and I don't live in the USA... hehe ;)
waiting for his shop in eBay

GoldenBud,

Noichichon

vaporise vaporise vaporise la vie te fumera pas!!
Max, le boss de Lotus, a dit qu'il serait prochainement disponible, sans donner
Bonjour,
merci de votre réponse. J'espère que c'est pour bientôt en attendant ma vieille plaque tient toujours la route ...
place n vape

Noichichon,

JackDeaniels

Vapor Freak
Just got my Lotus, which I was very lucky to find at the last moment!
I love it, I absolutely love it, it saddens me I haven't gotten one sooner, and that this vaporizer is now discontinued.

Anyway, I love it, it's so classy and so easy to use, my one problem was storing it
With a j-hook not designed to stand on its own, I set to create a classy new stand, suitable for my classy new vape

jvDUtTF.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
There is a lot to love with the Lotus. It was the standard I used in choosing other vapes. My entry to battery operated vapes was when RBT promised to make one that hit as big as the Lotus. He DID get there, but that never stopped me from using the Lotus as a major element of my daily use. The Lotus is so small and flexible that it can be used a million different ways. It is still among my favorites.

BallzMcVinegar

So bummed that the lotus is gone. I was going to buy one with one of the stimulus checks during lockdown but I was never sent them. they were discontinued shortly after that. What a unique devise too.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
So bummed that the lotus is gone. I was going to buy one with one of the stimulus checks during lockdown but I was never sent them. they were discontinued shortly after that. What a unique devise too.

I hear ya. I really wanted one in my collection as well...but I kept buying other vaporizers and procrastinating on this one till it was too late.

Oh well, it's my own damn fault :doh:

Let this serve a lesson to us about the dangers of denying one's VAS :2c:

Woodisgood

A couple of questions on the Lotus for you kind FC folks.

Screen clogging:

I've never had a pure convection vape before, but I guess this issue might be common to many of them?
I notice that I get significant clogging of the screen after each use. I need to torch it clean after nearly every bowl. Even if I start with a coarse grind, stirring breaks the material down to a sticky dust in the screen mesh. Is there a way to reduce this effect?

Best kind of glass:

Can I get some recommendations for a small glass piece that works well with the Lotus? I was thinking of something like the sneaky pete sci-fi rig. I want a piece that preserves flavor, filters out the little particles, and has plenty of distance between the cap and one's face when using it.

almost there

A couple of questions on the Lotus for you kind FC folks.

Screen clogging:

I've never had a pure convection vape before, but I guess this issue might be common to many of them?
I notice that I get significant clogging of the screen after each use. I need to torch it clean after nearly every bowl. Even if I start with a coarse grind, stirring breaks the material down to a sticky dust in the screen mesh. Is there a way to reduce this effect?

Best kind of glass:

Can I get some recommendations for a small glass piece that works well with the Lotus? I was thinking of something like the sneaky pete sci-fi rig. I want a piece that preserves flavor, filters out the little particles, and has plenty of distance between the cap and one's face when using it.
Max was selling 2 options for screens, there was the fine and the coarse, perhaps you have the finer screen.?

The mflb orbitor is a perfect partner for the lotus, it's not cheap but it's designed so beautifully

Woodisgood

Max was selling 2 options for screens, there was the fine and the coarse, perhaps you have the finer screen.?

The mflb orbitor is a perfect partner for the lotus, it's not cheap but it's designed so beautifully
Thanks! I’m pretty sure the screens are just the standard coarse ones. I ordered the standard option as spares rather than the fine ones.

I do like the look of the orbiter - very elegant! I’m not sure they are available right now in the UK, however. I would prefer no whip, but I could get a separate glass mouthpiece for it.

BestBuds

The Dude
Thanks! I’m pretty sure the screens are just the standard coarse ones. I ordered the standard option as spares rather than the fine ones.

I do like the look of the orbiter - very elegant! I’m not sure they are available right now in the UK, however. I would prefer no whip, but I could get a separate glass mouthpiece for it.
I use a 14to 18mm glass adapter and turn it upside down, the 14mm female side fits right over the bowl. Then I use my stir tool to sort of fluff the avb up rather than stir, the adapter keeps the avb contained and you can just lightly tamp it back into the bowl before you remove the adapter. Nice and tidy.
Also when you are done with the load dump and brush it out when it's hot. I only have to clean my screens once a month, and I recommend a new screen and clean it with a iso alcohol soak rather than a burn off. When you burn the screen clean, the screen gets sticky and collects more Scooby snacks. Or if you can find a 500 pack on the big evil Amazon you can just toss the funked up screen for a new one.

As far as glass, I love the Sneaky Pete mini globe with a nice long 14mm male glass straw style mouthpiece. It's a beautiful experience. I just wish the globe was better quality. It's on par with DHGate.

BestBuds,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Screen clogging:

Honestly, I feel the opposite. With my convection vapes, I can vape them fully enough that all the herb just slides out, and I never have to worry about the screen besides the after-bowl brushing. They stay completely clean for me. I go many weeks between feeling the need to remove the screen for cleaning. For something high-powered, I've went over a year of daily use without feeling the need to remove the screen for cleaning.

Top Bottom