The Lotus Vaporizer

Woodisgood

@Woodisgood - I notice less clogging of the screen when using the RBT Milaana basket screens, or the Vriptech Glass screens. Both fit perfectly in the Lotus WPA and/or pipe.
Nice tip, thanks! I will investigate these screens.

Do you brush your screen out after use? I really don't see clogs even then, just dust mainly around the inner surface of the tall cylinder of the chamber.
Yeah, it’s like you describe, an outer ring of dust sticking to the screen. It might get significantly clogged after about three bowls without torching it clean. I don’t have a brush, but I tap it empty, wipe inside the bowl and blow the dust out. A brush would be better though, I’m sure.

Woodisgood,
Reactions: cannasoor

El Rawn Hubbard

:uhh: No brush? Do you even vape bro?

Brush it out while it's still warm.

Instead of torching it every few bowls (ewww gross), just scrape underneath the screen and then put it back upside down.

If you can't handle cleaning some icky then stay away from the sticky 😅

cannasoor

… just scrape underneath the screen and then put it back upside down.

I’ve never actually removed the screen from my Lotus; the brushings get everything I can see, the "solids" so to speak, and the pipe cleaner/flush seems to get most of the stuff that's more along the lines of "vapor residue buildup" (or "gunk" or whatever).

GoldenBud

I’ve never actually removed the screen from my Lotus; the brushings get everything I can see, the "solids" so to speak, and the pipe cleaner/flush seems to get most of the stuff that's more along the lines of "vapor residue buildup" (or "gunk" or whatever).
Interesting. I'll take this advice, which brush? the S&B one?

GoldenBud,

cannasoor

Interesting. I'll take this advice, which brush? the S&B one?

I usually use the Magic Flight / MFLB brush, which has shorter, stiffer bristles. But I have the S&B as well, and I think it would work just as well.
And, FWIW, I think the pipe cleaners I use are "extra long" (I believe I have the longer of the black metal Lotus stems).

SquirrelMaster

Torches aren't allowed to touch my screens, I always ISO, water rinse and dry and they look brand new.

I was able to get one of the prototype Vaporscopes before they sold out and I absolutely love it. I use it with all my vapes, it cools the vapor so well! I don't pull the Lotus out to often, it's an every once in a while special vape to me :D.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I go thorough phases with my Lotus use. I always try it on any new water piece, but I might go a few weeks without using it, and then use it every day for a week. Sometimes it will be a battery day and sometimes a butane day. Variety really is what life is about to me...

And I agree with @SquirrelMaster on not torching screens. I don't like the taste anymore.

Woodisgood

I usually use the Magic Flight / MFLB brush, which has shorter, stiffer bristles. But I have the S&B as well, and I think it would work just as well.
And, FWIW, I think the pipe cleaners I use are "extra long" (I believe I have the longer of the black metal Lotus stems).
Sounds like a good solution, I will give it a try!

Woodisgood,

El Rawn Hubbard

I keep a volcano or mflb brush in my to-go bags and at home I use a regular size 10 or 12 round brush with the bristles cut down.

If you're using the aluminum stem a safety pin or something like the elev8 marble pick is great to have on hand for lifting the screen.

I think I still like the standard screen the best, but the small black leaf dome screens will also fit if you're looking for something more coarse.

cptofnthng

i think There was a phase with coloured caps. curious theyre still sold.
any news on those replacement hot plates@max jitter?

cptofnthng,

GoldenBud

How do you like to use hash in the lotus? Putting some on a bed of hemp fiber usually works for me, but occasionally it’s hit and miss.
Sandwich with a bowl of herb, just right after I take the ice-hash from the fridge, can't work with it in room temperature..it can lead you to clean the whole device just after 1-2 session, lol (as you may know..)

Choices

What is a 2nd hand Lotus worth? I'm interested in chasing one down.
I think you get to decide and see if someone wants to let go of one? A WTB in the FC classifieds and perhaps EntExchange on Reddit are your best bets. You can go look at recent sales by searching these spots and get a feel for what is reasonable. Good luck!

Choices,
Reactions: danjens

cptofnthng

i would also say it depends on what youre buying. Classic Alu Atem Classic Cap. If it is in good condition i would say around 150?
on the other hand, the WPA+Cap would also be enough (If you Had some Glass) and probably cheaper.

BallzMcVinegar

A very generous member was kind enough to send me a spare Lotus plate/cap they had. Now Im not sure what my options are for a WPA or pipe. Are there home brew options that work or do I just have to hunt for original parts? I know finding any left over parts brand new is pretty much impossible at this point.

BallzMcVinegar,
Reactions: Ramahs

GoldenBud

A very generous member was kind enough to send me a spare Lotus plate/cap they had. Now Im not sure what my options are for a WPA or pipe. Are there home brew options that work or do I just have to hunt for original parts? I know finding any left over parts brand new is pretty much impossible at this point.
The Solo II WPA is almost compatible to the Lotus cap. maybe with some o-ring...I dunno

GoldenBud,

Woodisgood

There’s a shop in Berlin that still has the female wpa.

Top Bottom