The J-hook thread!

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I have a wide variety of ground joints and smooth joints (they are all clear) I call it non-frosted lol all good
Me, as well, unground joints never seem to cause much issue when "true" (obviously), though I always prefer ground. Many "headier" art pieces aren't ground, I've often heard these labeled "polished"...

A few "heady" Miyagi Terplock V2 available here...👀:
9F98D37B-B932-43F0-9E0A-76CAC426EC9F.png

In fact, lots of interesting "bangerhangers" etc here... :tup::peace:

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I think those are the "banger" type attachments for "oil" that go on 14mm male GonG rigs. Not pipes in their own right. But with some creativity you could put them to that use!
Ah, yes! Good eyes! It appears as though the hole(s) is on the side, thanks... so yeah, not very useful

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
14mm mini-hooks, 2 for $19...?:
DSC03233.jpg

I don't know anything about this shop...:sherlock::tup::peace:

LoLz :razz::razz::razz:
These are for tweakers, not for cannabis use :rofl:

It's for vaporizing things like methamphetamines.
It's just like one of these: https://ssmokeshop.com/product/fancy-tube-glass-oil-burner-bubbler-6-inches/

sansei

I'm not here for a long time, but for a good time
We used toilet paper tube steamrollers as kids to cool joints, or these cheap glass steamroller pipes that used to be everywhere--they were very effective. Now I have a ceramic one with a 14mm connection and it's even cooler. You cover the end and fill it with vapor and then shoot the cool vapor into your lungs in one blast. They're like an small, very open dry bong, they cool a huge tube of vapor surprisingly well with no loss of flavor. These glass ones look pretty sweet.

I had a smaller glass one back before time began that we called a joint bong; it had a little carb in the top that you could stick a joint in. Same principle, knocked you for a loop

Yeah it is about volume and airflow, you fill up, and then have a quick shotgun inhale, this is being steamrolled lol this is the fun

Thanks for the insight! picked one up and love it with the vapman. Was using it last night with a drop down on the lotus and the cool blast of air at the end of the hit is great!!

Rolling this morning with the miyagi. Not such a good photo, but it is a beautiful little piece...

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
LoLz :razz::razz::razz:
These are for tweakers, not for cannabis use :rofl:

It's for vaporizing things like methamphetamines.
It's just like one of these: https://ssmokeshop.com/product/fancy-tube-glass-oil-burner-bubbler-6-inches/
Ha yeah laff it up!

Thanks for the REDUNDANT info, but I'm well aware what a meth burner is... AND how things are often mislabeled or can have other uses... Perhaps maybe you haven't noticed, but I post tons of products and ideas across many glass threads, searching the web constantly for YEARS...:rolleyes: My EYES, however, seem to get worse daily, so no matter how much I try, I still miss stuff, which is one of the main reasons why I post so many...collective eyes (and thought)

Last edited:
Bologna,

maremaresing

Yah you do @Bologna , and keep em coming! I love seeing all the random stuff you find.

Found a couple of cheap 14mm dry pipes on eBay in case anyone is interested:
(There is a navy blue and green version also available from this and another seller.)

I ordered a variation on the first one... really like the yellow!
s-l1600.jpg

How do you search for things like this to come across them @Ariwe and @Bologna ? I'd like something in this style. Or really just a better way to find pipes and hooks with GonG built in.

There is one clear glass pipe kinda shaped like this that I keep finding and losing on dhgate that has a male 14mm joint sticking up, and little feet. It was a bit small so I passed up before.

Google Image search is a useful tool for finding glass (if you already have an image of something you like)
✌️

Google has gone downhill, and hides or doesn't show results that literally exist online on purpose to get you to search more. A good example would be vaporizers from 15 years ago, that still exist online, that no longer show up in google results.

I hate to say it but I'm a Bing Girl now. Their search system is like google from 15 years ago, and that's a good thing. Their image search is clear, shows way more results, and has a better UI.

But sadly my bing-fu isn't good enough to find 14mm handpipes like this, and dhgate et al just wants to show meth and crack pipe attachements.

Back in the day I could add "-" before a keyword to omit it, but that hasn't worked in a long time. :(

Last edited:
maremaresing,
  • Love
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
@maremaresing, I use Google for everthing. Often I'll find something interesting at one shop and then search for it elsewhere... one thing leads to another...

Afaik, Boolean operators (+,-," etc) still work on Google, but I don't use them that often and usually prefer to sift thru them manually. The best way to do this quickly is using the images tab in Google. In your case, I'd use keywords like "14mm glass dry pipe dab spoon" for my main search, then click the images tab, and then if I find something I like, I'll google image search to look for ones similar...

Bologna,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
There is one clear glass pipe kinda shaped like this that I keep finding and losing on dhgate that has a male 14mm joint sticking up, and little feet. It was a bit small so I passed up before.

Might even be worth a new thread to talk about that kind of glass pipe? Less of a hook, more of a traditional glass pipe, but with glass and glass connections?? Yeah there are a lot around that can be stumbled upon randomly since it is tricky to search...

However on eBay it tracks what you look at, and you can also build a cart, which I would also recommend doing on DHgate, the cart exists as a shopping list (similar to Amazon you can check off what you want to purchase and keep everything else in your cart as a list to remember all the items you were interested in and where they were)

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Personally, I consider a j-hook to be a "dry pipe"... if anything, that should be the thread title and should include all dry pipes with a gg connection... like Sherlocks, churchwardens, Gandalfs etc, as well as j-hooks.

Edit: And STEAMROLLERS...!

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Personally, I consider a j-hook to be a "dry pipe"... if anything, that should be the thread title and should include all dry pipes with a gg connection... like Sherlocks, churchwardens, Gandalfs etc, as well as j-hooks.

Edit: And STEAMROLLERS...!

Yeah. A J-hook is definitely a dry-pipe, at least in the most basic/minimal description possible.

Ramahs,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Yeah. A J-hook is definitely a dry-pipe, at least in the most basic/minimal description possible.
Exactly. With Sherlocks, Churchwardens, and Gandalfs being more fancy/stylized versions of "J-hooks", tho I've also seen many fancy/heady "J-hooks"... now, we can't very well have a thread for each individual style of "dry pipe", can we? And seeing as there really aren't that many straight pipes and steamrollers with gg connections available anywhere, it would make the most sense to group them all under one thread title... but alas, I'm no suckup to the "powers that be" (or ANYONE ftm), so exactly ZERO of my suggestions ever get adopted.

Bologna,

maremaresing

Found it! It was in the cart of my other dhgate account. :)

I'll probably still buy one since it's really cheap and I'm still interested, but I was hoping it was 14mm male so I could plop my terpcicle on it for a compact package that free stands. Might be a good platform for an 18mm killer or GTR-F or some sort of "smokestack" topper.

I heartily agree that this thread should continue to be a repository of all dry pipes with GonG connections. (Including steamrollers!).

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I heartily agree that this thread should continue to be a repository of all dry pipes with GonG connections. (Including steamrollers!).
Ha, thanks!

Oh, I thought about u (and others) when I saved this awhile back but forgot to post it for you guys (including ALL you FAKE ignorers and USERS) Not sure if you do "social", so I'll post pics... from biao.t:

maremaresing

Ha, thanks!

Oh, I thought about u (and others) when I saved this awhile back but forgot to post it for you guys (including ALL you FAKE ignorers and USERS) Not sure if you do "social", so I'll post pics... from biao.t:

Yesssss I'm gonna dm him about this. I saw this post and without realizing it instinctively whispered "siiiiccckkk..." on exhale.

coolbreeze

Found it! It was in the cart of my other dhgate account. :)

I'll probably still buy one since it's really cheap and I'm still interested, but I was hoping it was 14mm male so I could plop my terpcicle on it for a compact package that free stands. Might be a good platform for an 18mm killer or GTR-F or some sort of "smokestack" topper.

Some easy ways to use an 14mm male joint:
IMG-8827.jpg

The EMK, as mentioned, the Piro, and the DLX One (and the Submarine) will fit the bowl made with a basket screen and reducer; The other adapter has a screen in the top grind and is an injector bowl. I've also made them for the Neo, etc.

For an 18mm male you're more limited to the female-female adapter I guess (or a female to male with the reducer bowl on top....).

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
For an 18mm male you're more limited to the female-female adapter I guess (or a female to male with the reducer bowl on top....).
Which is why I ask; why doesn't someone make one with the ends pushed together as close as they can...? Especially WITHOUT the lazy-ass, bullshit, mostly USELESS Maria.....?!

There are sooooo many things glass makers are OBLIVIOUS to... it's actually a lil frightening 😱

maremaresing

The terpcicle has a 14mm inlet, which would sit on that pipe flush if it had a 14mm post. Which would be neato. I don't want to make a tower of adaption. That would ruin everything.

Which is why I ask; why doesn't someone make one with the ends pushed together as close as they can...? Especially WITHOUT the lazy-ass, bullshit, mostly USELESS Maria.....?!

There are sooooo many things glass makers are OBLIVIOUS to... it's actually a lil frightening 😱

YES! Why not make them ultra compact. Why include that inner space or ballooned portion or anything. Finding a semi compact 14f/18m adapter was difficult, and it's still not as short as it could be.

I went to several headshops in the area this past weekend looking for a simple 18mm/14f stubby reducer. The most common thing and most compact thing ever. Shopped locally because I want to give them some money locally before going online. Nobody had it, or even knew what it was. Ebay has millions.

coolbreeze

Righton. I just grabbed a couple 18F-18Fs that have a maria, but with grinds only about >.75" apart. So frikkin useful, so much better than those 4" 18-18F tubes.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I went to several headshops in the area this past weekend looking for a simple 18mm/14f stubby reducer. The most common thing and most compact thing ever. Shopped locally because I want to give them some money locally before going online. Nobody had it, or even knew what it was. Ebay has millions.
Yep. I recently bought a replacement bowl kit for the Thermal Twist, which I don't even own 🤣 but the parts are still useful to me, simply because it was a good deal on the 18mm bowl w/ passthrough and it came with a sweet low profile reducer.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: coolbreeze

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
The terpcicle has a 14mm inlet, which would sit on that pipe flush if it had a 14mm post. Which would be neato. I don't want to make a tower of adaption. That would ruin everything.

YES! Why not make them ultra compact. Why include that inner space or ballooned portion or anything. Finding a semi compact 14f/18m adapter was difficult, and it's still not as short as it could be.

Yup.

I imagine they all have the fake Marias cuz it's much easier/quicker to produce em like that. I'm sure the gg ends are pre-made in bulk. Imagine an 8 yo chained to a Bunsen burner...

Righton. I just grabbed a couple 18F-18Fs that have a maria, but with grinds only about >.75" apart. So frikkin useful, so much better than those 4" 18-18F tubes.
Sweet!

Hey moe now! I LOVE my cheapo 3-4" straight tube (marialess) 18f-18f adapters and use them as injector flower bowls!

I found this baby at a local shop and felt like I hit the fuckin jackpot, even w/the stupid Maria...:

18650 for scale

Last edited:

Atom Flower

Hey moe now! I LOVE my cheapo 3-4" straight tube (marialess) 18f-18f adapters and use them as injector flower bowls!
hi, i have been looking for a short male-male version of such a maria-less adapter.... please tell me someone has some somewhere :)

Atom Flower,
Top Bottom