The J-hook thread!

coolbreeze

There’s still a really nice Uhook at gvb up for grabs :brow:

To me it has all the right lengths and bends. The perfect shape. It’s 18mm with some neat swirled cooling marbles

Somebody please help me and get this bitchen hook. I don’t need three. I think…

oo dat's nice
4308074956.jpg

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
oo dat's nice
4308074956.jpg

Oh yeah, this u-hook is totally beautiful. Even if I already had two and didn't need a third, I'd still buy it. Nobody buys u-hooks for rational reasons. We buy them because they spark joy. And three u-hooks spark more joy than two. Not buying a third u-hook would therefore be totally wrong. So I would totally buy it.

Last edited:

ezpz

Howzit everyone. I recently got my hands on a piece I’ve been wanting for quite some time now. The Squatlock made by @Hookahhead_MD.

Definitely in love with this beautiful, tiny pipe. Cooling is surprisingly good for its size. Been using it with my Tempest and Couchlog no problem.
The small size works great for me. I only vape outdoors, so drawer space is very limited. It’s great to have a nice j hook that won’t take up too much real estate.

Thanks @Hookahhead_MD :tup: Definitely happy with my purchase.

Here’s a function vid with a Tempest hooked up to a Hookahhead wpa that I bought from vgoodiez (outstanding customer service and fast shipping).

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Oh hello...:wave:been awhile...:)

I just ran across these and haven't seen 'em mentioned before... any info out there?:

14mm $120:

14 & 18mm $99:

14 & 18mm $69 (;)):

:peace:

RedZep

I'm struggling a little and need help from you guys. I'm looking for a J-hook that can stand securely or has some kind of base. I don't want beads, but would prefer spikes/dimples.

I'm wandering how higly regarded the glass pipe from 420ENG (Couchlog manufacturer) is amongst you afficionados. Does it only stand securely when magnetised to a metal surface? Or does the wood hold it securely regardless?

I also have my eye on the Cloud Connoisseur Xeric, but im afraid it doesn't have enough cooling spikes, dimples to cool effectively. Maybe I'm wrong on that.

And lastly if anyone has other recommendations to add to my shortlist? Thank you.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I'd love to get a CL Glaspipe someday.
I also have my eye on the Cloud Connoisseur Xeric, but im afraid it doesn't have enough cooling spikes, dimples to cool effectively. Maybe I'm wrong on that.
I am pretty stunned at how well my Xeric 2.0 cools and smooth things. I honestly think it rivals my prophet. I feel like it is the most slept-on CC glass. I use it all the time too. However it doesn't stand well with a heavy vape for more than a few seconds. I'm not sure what your use-case is, but I basically only leave it standing to load bowls. Then I pick it up when I hit it with the ball vape or whatever.
And lastly if anyone has other recommendations to add to my shortlist? Thank you.
I'd say the prophet is a good version of a W hook that stands up nicely. Also the leather stands from @Duba look very handy (although I don't have one).

nicknobody

I'm struggling a little and need help from you guys. I'm looking for a J-hook that can stand securely or has some kind of base. I don't want beads, but would prefer spikes/dimples.

I'm wandering how higly regarded the glass pipe from 420ENG (Couchlog manufacturer) is amongst you afficionados. Does it only stand securely when magnetised to a metal surface? Or does the wood hold it securely regardless?

RedZep

I am pretty stunned at how well my Xeric 2.0 cools and smooth things. I honestly think it rivals my prophet. I feel like it is the most slept-on CC glass. I use it all the time too. However it doesn't stand well with a heavy vape for more than a few seconds. I'm not sure what your use-case is, but I basically only leave it standing to load bowls. Then I pick it up when I hit it with the ball vape or whatever.

I'd say the prophet is a good version of a W hook that stands up nicely. Also the leather stands from @Duba look very handy (although I don't have one).

Oh wow that surprises me about the Xeric. I thought having less cooling spikes would have had a big effect. I intend to use it with the Tempest head, and the ZX. I mainly need it to stand because I'm sick of having to lay down the current j-hook after each use. I will have it in my hands before I apply the ZX, so it's not a problem.

I'm tempted to go with the Xeric over glass pipe in that case.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oh wow that surprises me about the Xeric. I thought having less cooling spikes would have had a big effect. I intend to use it with the Tempest head, and the ZX. I mainly need it to stand because I'm sick of having to lay down the current j-hook after each use. I will have it in my hands before I apply the ZX, so it's not a problem.

I'm tempted to go with the Xeric over glass pipe in that case.

Number of spikes does not mean much for cooling, bends do more, but there are a wide variety of options yeah (OGB is fantastic and GVB also makes his footed hooks like that)

Radwin Bodnic

I have the Herborizer Sherlock and I love it.
Super easy to clean and store and move around. I have a flat hardcase with pluck foam that is just perfect for it. I can post a pic if you want.

The piece is super stable and the design is neat imo. The mouthpiece is really good.
You can hold it by its foot like a wine glass. I've put a washer of self adhesive black faux leather under the foot because the edges can damage wood surfaces.

Cooling is sufficient for me even with desktops (I don't mind taking breaths less than 20 sec, the herbo Ti already produce more vapor that I can handle at once).

Also not super expensive for euro made glass. (And glass part is available without the foot in case you break it).

Edit : pictures, forgive the resin buildup please.

This is how it fits in the case.
And there's still room to cut out a space for a 18-14 reducer and / or a bowl.

Detail of the foam cutouts and mouthpiece

Its a Panaro case (airtight) MAX002

And this is the faux leather self adhesive washer, poorly cut but does the job very well. Protects your furniture and anti slip as well.

Edit 2 :

Last edited:

olysh pops

The 420eng pipe stands upright thanks to its magnet; without metal underneath, the pipe could fall over. It holds well in the hand. There are self-adhesive magnets supplied with the CL, I don't know if they come with the pipe too.

LotV

Top Bottom