• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The HighLighter (Glass-Core Open-Source Halogen Log) Kit Hosted by REFC Labs

Finessseee

Is Red still doing HLT drops or should I just buy all the parts myself? Figured I’d ask beforehand.

Finessseee,

RedEyeFlightControl

Inventor,Maker, Pro Nerd, Entgineer, GladScientist
Manufacturer
I am. Trying to get one together. Still need to overhaul the instructions to account for a new part. There's a lot to update. But yes I do plan to keep going.

My glass supplier screwed me with the wrong glass so I've had to add a new part to account for this. New HLT kits will include a SS foil reflector, as my supplier sent translucent glass instead of opaque. These work jus the same, the foil retains heat as well as, and better than, the opaque glass on its own. Foil is also needed to prevent your eyes from frying.

Here's the new design tested and working....

...why can't I insert pics here? I used to be able to...

Link

As always feel free to reach out directly. I'll do my best to give you an update!

-Red

Finessseee

I am. Trying to get one together. Still need to overhaul the instructions to account for a new part. There's a lot to update. But yes I do plan to keep going.

My glass supplier screwed me with the wrong glass so I've had to add a new part to account for this. New HLT kits will include a SS foil reflector, as my supplier sent translucent glass instead of opaque. These work jus the same, the foil retains heat as well as, and better than, the opaque glass on its own. Foil is also needed to prevent your eyes from frying.

Here's the new design tested and working....

...why can't I insert pics here? I used to be able to...

Link

As always feel free to reach out directly. I'll do my best to give you an update!

-Red
Looks killer! I’ll be patiently waiting :) been loving the Pulsar gridline straight tube from your site. One of the best glass pieces I’ve ever owned!

Finessseee,

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer
Looks killer! I’ll be patiently waiting :) been loving the Pulsar gridline straight tube from your site. One of the best glass pieces I’ve ever owned!
Glad to hear it is treating you well! I feel it's "just right" in a lot of ways that matter for high throughput vaporizers. I originally stocked it to be paired with the JDV but it's pretty versatile !

RedEyeFlightControl,
Reactions: Finessseee

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer
Visual tutorial has been posted for ver 1.1.

This applies to all kits going forward with the current stock of glass.

Kaptan

I got my tracking number as well. Really looking forward to testing this one. I opted for the silicone mat over the metal clamp. Hopefully this was a good decision. Has anyone put a silicone band around the outside of the glass shield on the cool side end to make it easier to hold once the heat transfers up the glass shield?

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
I got my tracking number as well. Really looking forward to testing this one. I opted for the silicone mat over the metal clamp. Hopefully this was a good decision. Has anyone put a silicone band around the outside of the glass shield on the cool side end to make it easier to hold once the heat transfers up the glass shield?
The back end of the glass behind the bulb socket really doesn't get very warm at all. I don't think you'll have issues with it being comfortable to handle.

3migo,

3xFantasyChamp

Received and pieced together the Highlighter kit yesterday.

When going to test it out, I noticed the package was missing the 14/18mm Male WPA I ordered with the kit. So today, I end up using the Highlighter with a dimpled 18mm stem that's the same length as the wand tool that comes with the Highlighter kit.

Is it common to use a bowl/stem that long? It definitely works but was wanting another opinion. I could probably find a proper adapter at a local glass shop. It's inconvenient that the piece is missing from my order, but it didn't cost a whole lot so it's not bothering me too much. From what I've tried so far, though....Highlighter was producing clouds!

Edit: There was a mistake and I'm being sent the WPA. Very quick customer service by Red. I appreciate you all!

Last edited:

4everpushingaboulder

I’ve used a lot of different WPA and stems with the highlighter.

It’s a native 19/22 fitting so that male fits it best although a 19/19 RBT stem works well too. You can use a 19/26 with it too.

As far as the length of the other side that’s up to you. I’ve used it with a cooling stem, wood stems, jhooks and a variety of bongs.

Since you can dial in the heat I sometimes run 4.7 sipping with a short stem and sometimes 5.5 through water.

Top Bottom