The HighLighter (Glass-Core Open-Source Halogen Log) Kit Hosted by REFC Labs

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
Are you not sending emails about the drops? I signed up at the site but have never received an update and missed the drop last week. Checking here will never work as fast as the kits sell out. Thanks!
I've been getting emails. Is it possible your email is auto-filtering them to spam?

Another good place for drop notices & general highlighter discussion is Flight Club.

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
Grabbed a heat shield in walnut this morning. Gifted my buddy my HLT with RWW handle, so I'll have to get on the next drop. He was mainly dabbing (his only vape was the torch driven elev8r) so I'm really glad I got him situated with something more on-demand. Man what a lucky friend I have!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I've been getting emails. Is it possible your email is auto-filtering them to spam?

Another good place for drop notices & general highlighter discussion is Flight Club.
Thanks for this! Yeah, I have checked spam a few times who knows.

Interested in a Ed's walnut heatshield as well. I think I should wait until I get to Highlighter kit though.

Pukka

Interested in a Ed's walnut heatshield as well. I think I should wait until I get to Highlighter kit though.
Buy the heatshield. Worst case you can buy all the hlt parts off amazon pretty easy if you can't get them from Red and purty wood seems to come along periodically at best ...

thunderstealer1337

that torched white ash from edstnt, looks like zebra wood, ill wait to get one of those

also contemplating listing my collyland vapdong for sale as well just like refc, i have used it once since I got the highlighter, this thing is king supreme, just validating again my first post after I received this unit

RedEyeFlightControl

Inventor,Maker, Pro Nerd, Entgineer, GladScientist
Manufacturer
that torched white ash from edstnt, looks like zebra wood, ill wait to get one of those

also contemplating listing my collyland vapdong for sale as well just like refc, i have used it once since I got the highlighter, this thing is king supreme, just validating again my first post after I received this unit
That's quite the endorsement!

I don't think I'd want to go without, though! They're utter beasts and I have nothing but awesome things to say about them. I just have two vapbongs and zero herborizers and feel that needs to be a bit more balanced :)

And that torched white ash looks the business! It's really similar to zebrawood which is one of my favs.

You can re-enter your email in the form in the footer of my page, or DM me your email to check to make sure it's flagged properly. You can also join Flight Club (link in sig) where you'll get the most up-to-date info on drops, new items, and developments.

SixStringToker

Naked member
I knocked my highlighter over during my initial assembly and all the balls launched off the coffee table and onto the hardwood floor where they scrambled in every direction in an attempt to flee. I was planning on switching to rubies anyways so not that big of a deal except for the fact that I've been finding balls for the last four days.

How close does the bulb sit relative to the screen with the included # of balls. During my initial assembly, it almost looked like the tip of the bulb was touching the screen. At the moment, I suspect that I have too many rubies installed, forcing the bulb further away from the screen. I need 7V to even see vapor.

androponic

vaped.
I knocked my highlighter over during my initial assembly and all the balls launched off the coffee table and onto the hardwood floor where they scrambled in every direction in an attempt to flee. I was planning on switching to rubies anyways so not that big of a deal except for the fact that I've been finding balls for the last four days.

How close does the bulb sit relative to the screen with the included # of balls. During my initial assembly, it almost looked like the tip of the bulb was touching the screen. At the moment, I suspect that I have too many rubies installed, forcing the bulb further away from the screen. I need 7V to even see vapor.
yup, bulb tip just about touches the screen on both of mine. according to refc the kit required 7.2gr of 3mm soda lime glass balls which should be about 178 balls. ruby weight will differ but hope that quantity helps you out.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
You can re-enter your email in the form in the footer of my page, or DM me your email to check to make sure it's flagged properly. You can also join Flight Club (link in sig) where you'll get the most up-to-date info on drops, new items, and developments.
Will do thanks! Yeah, @3migo got me in the discord and it's really nicely laid out. The greenhouse channel is inspiring.

SixStringToker

Naked member
w00t! I took out a bunch of balls so that the tip of the bulb is right at the screen; being able to see the tip made it easier to get the thing perfectly centered, too. Now it rips. 7.2V thru 6' of lamp cord is right at the edge of charring.

DSC00329.jpg

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Highlighter DIY kit arrived today!
5 minutes to assemble, not sure on heat up time but it was quick, and a few small baskets later I was done...

Now it's time to customize this bad boy!
Adapter does not quite fit right when the screen that holds the balls is all the way down. I may try placing the larger screen upside down to prevent this and to have a bit more room between the mass and the herb.
Need to fashion up a nice wooden handle for it as well.

The twisting of the wires did not turn out nicely for me, so I will wrap them in some cotton threads or something.
I will also be adding some extra 3mm beads to stop the rattle.

In its standard orientation with the mass close to the herb, it is a killer vape! I started at around 7 volts and went down to around 5, this thing will combust if you turn it up too high.

@RedEyeFlightControl

Congratulations, this is a winner!!!

EDIT:
Inverted large screen, I trimmed it even so it sit flat. I then dimpled the screen down a bit to flare the edges out for a springy type fit.
Added about 20 or so more beads as well as a thicker viton o-ring I had lying around. I placed this over the red shrink wrap and it holds the lower o ring in place nicely.
Cranked up the volts to about 6 and its an absolute beauty now!
Slightly tamer but it retains that serious punch!

Pack the EQ bowl and let her rip!
Thick delicious vapor that will not stop! The whole bowl is a nice golden color in one hit, top to bottom!
Just keeps getting better!

Last edited:

masonjars

Walnut HeatShield made by the one and only @Ed's TnT ! Been enjoying this beaut on my desk all week and thought I’d share it here!

What I would normally run at around 6.6-6.7v to get coffee brown abv, I run at ~5.3v. The heat-up time between hits even feels a bit quicker than no-heatshield (I’d give it a minute now vs 2 minutes w/o).

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

masonjars

The Highlighter is amazing! Ed's TnTs' heat shield is dope! Now I want to add rubies, will these work? you can get them in 3mm. What would 4mm do?
https://quartzbychris.com/product/ruby-terp-dab-pearls/
Thanks, @RedEyeFlightControl and @Ed's TnT AND the FC crew.
I'd imagine 4mm giving a little more airflow and slightly less even of an extraction (I'm just guessing here), but if it's just a couple to make up for some lost balls I bet it would hardly make any difference at all. I have maybe 10 3mm rubies I threw in mine to make up for a couple lost balls and cannot tell the difference from before. I also recall @AWistfulNihilist testing all rubies at one point, but I'm not sure how performance was affected.

RedEyeFlightControl

Inventor,Maker, Pro Nerd, Entgineer, GladScientist
Manufacturer
The Highlighter is amazing! Ed's TnTs' heat shield is dope! Now I want to add rubies, will these work? you can get them in 3mm. What would 4mm do?
https://quartzbychris.com/product/ruby-terp-dab-pearls/
Thanks, @RedEyeFlightControl and @Ed's TnT AND the FC crew.
There isn't clearance to support 4mm in the HLT using the average sizing of parts.

You can use more exotic materials like rubies. We didn't see a huge impact from moving away from soda lime glass, which is why we opted for the least expensive fit.

Top Bottom