The HighLighter (Glass-Core Open-Source Halogen Log) Kit Hosted by REFC Labs

4everpushingaboulder

Am I the only who accidentally grabbed the hot part of my core and ended up with three blisters and a broken core?
I highly recommend a full shield instead of a handle.
I will admit to touching the tip of my nose against the hot core while trying to balance the HLT, my JHook and the WPA at the same time.

Blistered up and looked like a big ole zit for a few days.

shopdognyc

Hahahaha Shine a light... you guys!!!

I could be tempted, really.... but I am UK based an it's not so simple... shipping, taxes, blah blah bore bore...

edit: I am quite capable of sourcing parts, I build electronics here and there, so it's possible I could recreate this here, I am going to have to give this some thought! Thank you for the positive vibes :)
Please no more thinking. Its relatively inexpensive and you should be able to source locally if not from @RedEyeFlightControl.

I am relatively new to all this, a year maybe, but I have a lot of vapes. This kicks you in the nuts.

If you can imagine this not as torture

You could get rid of what you don't want anymore bc this will retire a lot. Make some money be positive, stoned happy.

#joinus

masonjars

Am I the only who accidentally grabbed the hot part of my core and ended up with three blisters and a broken core?
I highly recommend a full shield instead of a handle.
I can grab mine anywhere comfortably.

Check out my glass insert in the early pages.
I’ve come close a few times for sure, but the only burn I’ve gotten from my HLT is a small one on my forearm from a 1sec bump. For reference, I use the bent lab clamps. Fortunately, I haven’t broken it (yet). I’ve been thinking about getting a pepper grinder to hold me over until I get a nice heat shield, but this vanilla HLT does everything I already need it too.

gra.4083

So I've been having an issue with my hltr and in kinda scared to use it rn. I've had to rebuild a few times due to dropping the unit and it coming undone or adjusting the screen depth and each time I do the o rings get more and more loose. It currently will not hold the bulb confidently so I'm waiting till I can get some new o rings. Anyone else run into this? Love the vape but one o ring holding everything seems kinda risky now.

gra.4083,

badbee

So I've been having an issue with my hltr and in kinda scared to use it rn. I've had to rebuild a few times due to dropping the unit and it coming undone or adjusting the screen depth and each time I do the o rings get more and more loose. It currently will not hold the bulb confidently so I'm waiting till I can get some new o rings. Anyone else run into this? Love the vape but one o ring holding everything seems kinda risky now.
I know what you mean but don't have an alternative for you. It would be great if we could find something a little "chunkier" to put on the intake side of the bulb fitting. A disk or short cylinder of silicon that was stiff enough to hold shape and grab the side walls would be great. Maybe a short chunk of tubing similar to what is used for whips. It would put more silicon in the air path but I don't really care about that (on the cold side).

gra.4083

I know what you mean but don't have an alternative for you. It would be great if we could find something a little "chunkier" to put on the intake side of the bulb fitting. A disk or short cylinder of silicon that was stiff enough to hold shape and grab the side walls would be great. Maybe a short chunk of tubing similar to what is used for whips. It would put more silicon in the air path but I don't really care about that (on the cold side).
Thank you! a silicone tube is a good idea. Im gonna experiment with some other O rings and silicone adapters to try and get a more secure fit. Maybe modify a DTV4 Silicone adapter

gra.4083,
Reactions: Kudzu407

4everpushingaboulder

Honestly the pepper grinder heat shield has been great. Once I drilled that hole and threaded the wires, no more movement.

it’s from constant jiggling of that light base every time you move the core or the cord. And a few times I’ve accidentally pulled the cord hard enough to rip it out. Now that the cord is secured a quick tug unplugs it but the core itself doesn’t move.

gra.4083

Honestly the pepper grinder heat shield has been great. Once I drilled that hole and threaded the wires, no more movement.

it’s from constant jiggling of that light base every time you move the core or the cord. And a few times I’ve accidentally pulled the cord hard enough to rip it out. Now that the cord is secured a quick tug unplugs it but the core itself doesn’t move.
Thank you for this tip! I secured my power cable to the lab clamp with some velcro strips. This took all the pressure off the wires and allowed the core to stay in place. Still gonna try some more o rings to get a tighter fit. Thank u all!

RedEyeFlightControl

Inventor,Maker, Pro Nerd, Entgineer, GladScientist
Manufacturer
Can confirm, 20 kits going live tonight at 9pm ET :)

Hey - just a heads up - I've had some shipping calculation errors due to some wonky rule overlaps - IF for some reason you get an outrageous quote, or have limited service availability, please contact me and advise me on : location and :cart contents so I can determine what rules are messed up.

I've caught a few of these where some folks drastically overpaid on shipping and I don't want that top happen again! I try to make it as reasonable/affordable as possible where I can. Thanks!

Last edited:

RedEyeFlightControl

Inventor,Maker, Pro Nerd, Entgineer, GladScientist
Manufacturer
You got lucky. Someone on Reddit saying they filled out all the info and by the time they were done it was sold out. 5 min tonight Red. Words getting out
I guess so! Sold out in about 4:40! That may be a new record... Thank you all who have supported the lab with your purchases! <3

lazylathe

Almost there...
You got lucky. Someone on Reddit saying they filled out all the info and by the time they were done it was sold out. 5 min tonight Red. Words getting out

I set my alarm to 8:59pm and just hit refresh until the 'out of stock' changed to 'buy now' and added it to my cart.
I was imagining not being able to snag one but for me it was very easy.

Critical point is to make sure you know what time zone you are in so you can hit the site at the correct time.

Also having all your information previously entered and saved also saves a lot of time.

Good luck with the next drop!

shopdognyc

I set my alarm to 8:59pm and just hit refresh until the 'out of stock' changed to 'buy now' and added it to my cart.
I was imagining not being able to snag one but for me it was very easy.

Critical point is to make sure you know what time zone you are in so you can hit the site at the correct time.

Also having all your information previously entered and saved also saves a lot of time.

Good luck with the next drop!
That is dedication!

shopdognyc

I have been following this for quite some time and almost bought a kit a few times but never went through with the purchase.

With only 20 dropping, you need dedication to pick up this beauty!

Last halogen vape i bought was the Herbalizer!
Excited to hear about your feedback. I've replaced my daily's with this guy. Don't need anything else.

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper

I finished both my small peppermills. They do seem to help maintain the heat somewhat. I was able to lower by half a volt at least. The very top of mill is pretty warm but not too much that I can’t hold and most of it is not warm at all. The wood on these is 4 inches tall. I am now working on the 6 inch version. The main core on this one will be down in the body. This means removing a lot of wood so I can fit in a heat shield and have air clearance around the top half of the core. This one will take a while. The small ones took maybe 10 minutes each Once I got the tools rounded up. Havin HighLighter fun!

shopdognyc

shared with my group that i'm clearing my desk off and just keeping my highlighter on the desk. didn't think of anything of it. the glass tube is cracked trying to force a wood handle on. in hindsight should have sanded it down a bit. even with a broken end, works perfect for me.

androponic

vaped.
shared with my group that i'm clearing my desk off and just keeping my highlighter on the desk. didn't think of anything of it. the glass tube is cracked trying to force a wood handle on. in hindsight should have sanded it down a bit. even with a broken end, works perfect for me.
hit up @RedEyeFlightControl he has let a few people buy parts even though they say out of stock he can load up quantity for a part you need so you can buy it, nice thing too its only 10 dollars for the glass tube.

shopdognyc

hit up @RedEyeFlightControl he has let a few people buy parts even though they say out of stock he can load up quantity for a part you need so you can buy it, nice thing too its only 10 dollars for the glass tube.
already got the replacement but works as is so keeping it, and looking to build another one

@RedEyeFlightControl ain't so bad

Vasgas

Question to HLT owners. I've used a halogen but without balls in the past. With balls added, is it much more difficult to overpower? Do you guys notice much recovery time needed? Filling options are pretty much like the Tetra p80 right?

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
Question to HLT owners. I've used a halogen but without balls in the past. With balls added, is it much more difficult to overpower? Do you guys notice much recovery time needed? Filling options are pretty much like the Tetra p80 right?
It is definitely possible to overpower the heater if you're doing back-to-back bowls, with multiple people using it.

During my usual usage, blasting baskets alone, I don't find that I suck all the heat out. A basket is generally cleared in 1 mf hit, then 1 clean up hit. Then I empty & reload. By the time I've emptied & reloaded, the heater has enough time to warm back up where I don't notice any loss in heat calories.

You can use your Tetra P80 stems as they're the same 18/19mm size as the HLT female joint.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I guess so! Sold out in about 4:40! That may be a new record... Thank you all who have supported the lab with your purchases! <3
Are you not sending emails about the drops? I signed up at the site but have never received an update and missed the drop last week. Checking here will never work as fast as the kits sell out. Thanks!

Top Bottom