• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The HI

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian :) I am aware bamboo is of the grass family,but do you know it tries to be a flower from time to time ?

""The flowering of a bamboo is an intriguing phenomenon. A phenomenon not because bamboo produces any spectacular flowers... but a phenomenon because it is a unique and very rare occurrence in the plant kingdom. Most bamboos flower once every 60 to 130 years depending on the species!! The long flowering intervals are largely a mystery and still astounds many botanists today with no definitive explanation.""
http://www.bamboobotanicals.ca/html/about-bamboo/bamboo-flowering.html
glauca5_lg.jpg
Back in the 70’s we only smoked joints?
I didn’t get the wood fetish until’s the 90’s!
Vape in 2012 most likely?
I don’t know about you however the log was my first desktop!
The flavor got me hooked?
VAPING = CIVILIZATION made real!

stelmobarry

Custom made by request by Alan at Toasty Top, I have an exquisite piece that was turned from a mulberry tree limb. A log vape that can accommodate a whip, stand with stability, and be able to be turned on and off with smart home automation. I have named it Volcono. Setup with a Sneaky Pete Globe , it's off to Vaporland. Next week will mark the 19th anniversary of being told that I would die a horrible death in 2-5 years ... 19 years ago I was diagnosed with ALS.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
@stelmobarry First of all that is awesome, my man. I'm glad you're alive! No expiration date on you! You're like "I ain't ready to die. I'll call you when I'm good and ready, now piss off" or at least in my mind that's how it went down.
Dude that's one sweet setup you got going there. Looked like you were getting some tasty medicine. I have seen others using the sneaky Pete globe and it looks sweet I just can't justify getting more glass and I'm down to one small bubbler. I really like the custom shape

stelmobarry

@stelmobarry First of all that is awesome, my man. I'm glad you're alive! No expiration date on you! You're like "I ain't ready to die. I'll call you when I'm good and ready, now piss off" or at least in my mind that's how it went down.
Dude that's one sweet setup you got going there. Looked like you were getting some tasty medicine. I have seen others using the sneaky Pete globe and it looks sweet I just can't justify getting more glass and I'm down to one small bubbler. I really like the custom shape
I have compromised breathing so it's difficult to blow huge clouds but the vapor is more than enough to do the job! It's the one that Alan posted pictures of earlier. I'm a quadriplegic and I live at home alone with caregivers coming twice a day. It's critical that I have a vaporizer that I am can use without assistance and Alan made that happen.

Last edited:

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Now that we are keeping the original FC, I will not plan to create new threads on the new FC. Hopefully that will save the moderators some time and effort.

Tried the 10mm bit on the end of the 7/16" ss heater cover @blokenoname and it works perfectly for the dynavap tips. The 3/8" ss tubes are a bit too loose for my preference, so I will make 7/16" ss heater covers to be used strictly by dynavap tips and others for the 3/8" ss tubes. The dynavap tips and the 3/8" ss roasting tubes both use the same 8mm basket screens, so they both hold about the same amount for roasting. Very nice collection of roasting tubes.

Thanks @Abysmal Vapor . Finding just the right size and roundness of bamboo is the tricky part. I have also found some scratches on the outside from handling. Many can be removed using steel wool. Sand paper may be needed for very deep scratches. Finish with the steel wool so you won't see the sanding marks. One of my next projects is to try some wood burning art on the bamboo. The art could hide or incorporate some of the imperfections. The bamboo, cork, and glass are in perfect harmony.

Thanks for posting the videos @stelmobarry . Very happy with how it turned out and glad you are enjoying it. Hope you are able to enjoy it for a long time. Going to try making one from a square shaped block so that there are flat sides near the bottom and the cone shape extends all the way down each corner. There will be a foot at each corner, so it will be just as stable as a fully round shaped cone.

Glad to hear it arrived safely @poutine and you are getting it dialed in. Happy roasting.

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
Tried the 10mm bit on the end of the 7/16" ss heater cover @blokenoname and it works perfectly for the dynavap tips. The 3/8" ss tubes are a bit too loose for my preference, so I will make 7/16" ss heater covers to be used strictly by dynavap tips and others for the 3/8" ss tubes. The dynavap tips and the 3/8" ss roasting tubes both use the same 8mm basket screens, so they both hold about the same amount for roasting. Very nice collection of roasting tubes.
Nice, that it worked out

The Dynavap compatibility is simply a too convenient feature, to miss out on, as those little butane vapes are quite popular and a lot of folks already own one or more, they can then also use with their 7/16" core HI.

You could also try to create a hybrid cover, that fits both the Dynavap and your 3/8" tips neatly, by going only half way with the drill, i.e. when the heater port (the part of the cover above the crimp that holds the screen) is 10mm in length, you drill out only the first 5mm and then leave the original diameter below that and down to the crimp as is. That way, the 10mm Dynavap tip goes in only the first 5mm, while the 3/8" tips go in the whole 10mm down to the crimp, and both tips will sit snug then.

Might, that for use with the Dynavaps, you've to crank up the heat half a wattage then, to compensate for the additional 5mm, the tip is further away from the screen then.

Worth a try, me thinks

Dargin B

I love burl woods and spotted woods. A top of that stuff from Kiesel would be like $500. Haha. I think Shawn Lane had a signature model with a burl top.

Burl tops and billets are pricey to start with and then you got to epoxy ect. It has a higher scrap rate as well. I'm not sure about if Shawn's is buckeye or not. I can help get the log vape guitar going haha.

I have been wading through some of the 252 pages, search google, and visted the website Alan has and I can't figure out how to order anything? Is there an e-mail to get on a list?

darkstar72

@Crussell27 you need to email Alan at alan@toasty-top.com and ask to be put on the wait list.

To Allen and others - What are the pros and cons between the two size heater covers on the square HI? I'm a single user that consumes very little and only dry (no water bong). I also like to use a hemp filter on the mouth end of roasting tube. Currently using a solo 2.

The smaller 3/8 size heater with 5/8 SS roasting tube would probably be my main driver or possibly a slide-a-bowl glass tubes. But I wonder if the next size up 7/8 heater cover with the 3/8 SS roasting tube might be better?

Also, do you Alan or anyone use or prefer the double stack screen slide-a-bowl these days? If so what are your thoughts on this roasting tube vs the stainless steel ones. I understand that the double stack screen glass slide-a-bowl would work well for small amounts and prevent the herb from falling out if roasting tube is angled down.

Thanks to all that offer feedback.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
To Allen and others - What are the pros and cons between the two size heater covers on the square HI? I'm a single user that consumes very little and only dry (no water bong). I also like to use a hemp filter on the mouth end of roasting tube. Currently using a solo 2.

The smaller 3/8 size heater with 5/8 SS roasting tube would probably be my main driver or possibly a slide-a-bowl glass tubes. But I wonder if the next size up 7/8 heater cover with the 3/8 SS roasting tube might be better?

Also, do you Alan or anyone use or prefer the double stack screen slide-a-bowl these days? If so what are your thoughts on this roasting tube vs the stainless steel ones. I understand that the double stack screen glass slide-a-bowl would work well for small amounts and prevent the herb from falling out if roasting tube is angled down.

I am kind of inpatient!
2 year’s was kind of a long wait?
Maybe I was exceptional at the time?

ataxian,
Reactions: Whisper

SpudBob

@Crussell27 you need to email Alan at alan@toasty-top.com and ask to be put on the wait list.

The 7/16th heater is just a monster!!! Having both 3/8th and 7/16th HI, both very powerful by the way, the" Big Boy" is just better IMHO. The 3/8th, because you tend to use smaller tubes, is more of a microdoser but either is really good at it. Its all about load control or lack there of! Once you get it down NOTHING else compares my friend and Ive tried most all the others !!!

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Some major news here. I recently moved to my late fathers house in Nebraska and am still in the process of unpacking. Hoping to get the shop up and running soon. Sorry that it will extend the wait time a bit longer.

@Dargin B - Please send me an email to alan@toasty-top.com to get on the list. The date of your first email to me is your position on the waiting list.

@darkstar72 - I do still use the slide-a-bowl w/ two screens to sandwich the material. Nice to be able to just set the roasting tube onto the end of the heater cover w/ no worry of spilling or stirring. Since the move, I have been mostly using a silicone Turbo Tube w/ a Vapor Lung. I do give it one stir before the final pull will the VL. It is so easy to inhale since all the hard pulling is done by the VL. I like how easy the 10mm flat screens are to clean. Just place a dirty screen on top of the heater cover and wait until it stops producing vapor. The material just brushes off after that. I also clean my basket screens that way. I like the simplicity of the Turbo Tube. It is so easy to clean, but you do have to be careful with the glass as it is easy to break. Luckily, the glass tubes are reasonably priced.
You may prefer the 7/16" ss heater cover since you can use your Solo tubes with it. The air flow in the 3/8" ss roasting tube is much better than in the 5/16" roasting tube. The vapor density seems to be more for the ss roasting tubes since there is some conduction also happening. It is like a little ss oven. The mass of ground flower won't start to produce vapor until it reaches the vapor temperature. The smaller the mass of ground flower, the faster it will reach vapor temperature. Good air flow will also prevent combustion, which is certainly possible. The HI can run very close to combustion temperature for maximum extraction. You can always get both sizes of heater cover to use.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I will write more extensively on this but I recently bought a used square HI through the classifieds and i really love it.
I love the stability factor and the slightly wider heater circumference which provides deeper more evenly roasted hits.
I have to sort of work within the design parameters meaning that, with the glass tube the potential for bud particles falling out does exist but easily dealt with by simply inhaling with a bit more force at the end.

Aesthetically it's quite beautiful as well.

I lucked out by scoring this item.

Top Bottom