• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The HI

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
Made me a fitting walnut roasting tube for @Alan 's new Square HI :clap:
... utilizing a piece of 3/8" ss tubing for the tip, into which I set a piece of 8mm ss tubing to create a backend, fitting the 8mm countersink of the quite inexpensive walnut cigarette holder, I cut the stem from :)

Works and looks great :D

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
boom baby ! love this thread

always a pleasure to help a fellow vaping enthusiast find information or answer to their questions . please allow me to post photos of my Bamboo HI log . @GoldenBud , here you go friend , bamboo, cork , glass , some ss , a resistor , output jack, and off the races you go !

C28-E46-BF-04-B7-4289-AD4-E-C885918-B5652.jpg

please note mine is made with Black Bamboo , as seen by its color in the photo above. i call it “The Matrix” as it makes me think of binary codes scrolling through the screen like the movie presented us. haha, far fuckin fetched i know .. surely one other person sees it like i do ? lol.

A8-FE7-EF9-8-CF2-4-D88-9443-72-A61-D250124.jpg

i love my bamboo HI glass cover heater , it’s the best value for dollar vape i have ever purchased and probably ever will .

when i purchased it , i read through thread and asked difference in glass vs stainless steel cover, the consensus was that the glass heater cover was more for flavour chasers and/or connaisseurs . cloud chaser on the other hand and/or those looking for dark abv might prefer the stainless heater cover .

02-E845-A8-4-B31-44-E2-8167-392-E28-D46-BCE.jpg

the glass cover was a few dollars less. not considering myself a connaisseur at the time (more so now thanks to this vape !) i still went for the glass cover for flavour and being able to get what was necessary. eating my abv , i don’t want it dark brown anyways.

now , a VVPS , variable voltage power supply, is your logs best friend . you want to learn to know your friends best friends , then you can all become best friends :rofl: sure beats a Wilson ball no!
the vvps lets you turn heat above or below of what is obtained at 12V. i made the box for it .

BD0-DBEC3-26-E8-4-C72-BB2-B-DE2311995-B9-F.jpg

the vvps gives the best of both worlds. the chance to flavor chase even more or bust up a cloud from room end to end .

if getting a glass cover HI with glass roasting tubes i do recommend getting a few . good not only for backup, also if planning to do more then one or two bowls per session or if vaping with friends . the glass is very pure tasting, only gets hot after session or two and can lose a tad of roasting efficiency. now don’t let this dissuade you , i tend to over work my vape, i’ve yet to see a vape to stay cool in my hands :lol:

it is small bowls , but they do lift you up !!

F348-CA2-E-5-D88-4973-AEC5-993-E6-B91-AD76.jpg

it’s not fancy , some
might not find it pretty , fuck em ,
if you don’t like it « shut the door and piss off » name the movie anyone?

haha i best go before getting like them fb c’19 meme games . fuck em too ! fuck , where the Fuck You thread!!! :lol::D:rockon:

stay safe, love you all, each and all of you ! :peace:

:bigleaf:

im not a robot

thanks for the intro @P.A.M. , i am also trying to get acquainted. hello HI thread.
i messaged @Alan & he does have some square HIs in stock right now, so i am considering getting one of those, price-point is a little higher than the bamboo but still very attractive i think.
i am a little confused re different heater cover sizes, is the new (?) larger 7/16" (this european has no clue how to read this out loud) simply an evolution in design to accommodate a larger heater? or is this to allow compatibility with different stem sizes? i love the dynavaps & feel i read here that they kind of work with this new heater cover? so.. i am very much leaning towards the 7/16" heater cover for the time being. unless of course there are compelling reasons pro 3/8" i am not taking into account. alan writes there are more roasting tube options with the 3/8" - is this because this it has been around for longer?
thanks everyone

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
you are welcome @im not a robot , thank you for stepping forward, i should have mentioned you too, your original log related post/thread is what brings this round of pam’s bamboo vapeoff and promo spill. :brow::lol:.

Alan can definitely answer you differences between heater sizes , most probably will convert the measurements for you too , he’s that cool . i do know the larger one is the newer one , (unsure if the Square HI and the Square HaloHi have same heater circumference or not ) . it accommodates more sizes of stems being a more typical size. here too unsure what fits with what , @Alan has really been thinking outside the box to bring progress and innovation into log vapes while staying true to keeping things simpl and efficient, making people happy .

welcome to the thread mate , did you see the vape’chute videos yet ? aka as vape lung , perhaps the ladder less peoplekind appropriate with recent events . ( i call it vape’chute as we used to, back in the late 1900’s :razz: , use the same approach but with a smoking bowl instead of vapor. called it “doing parachute’s” being it needed be held vertically to pull the smoke down which then takes the appearance of a parachute when opened. :lol:

well here , just did a nuken vape’chute jump to demonstrate you , took it from 12.5volts . clouday day eh!?

80-BBD3-B7-DFB3-4-B2-D-ACFA-3755-C677-F2-C1.jpg

boom baby!

:cool:

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
i am a little confused re different heater cover sizes, is the new (?) larger 7/16" (this european has no clue how to read this out loud) simply an evolution in design to accommodate a larger heater? or is this to allow compatibility with different stem sizes? i love the dynavaps & feel i read here that they kind of work with this new heater cover? so.. i am very much leaning towards the 7/16" heater cover for the time being. unless of course there are compelling reasons pro 3/8" i am not taking into account. alan writes there are more roasting tube options with the 3/8" - is this because this it has been around for longer?

The 3/8" (inch) tube is more or less the traditional Log 'standard' by now, as you will find it in the HI, the Underdog and also the E-Nano. In millimetres, it's outer diameter is about 9.5mm, while it's inner diameter is about 8mm.
For this smaller sized heater cover, @Alan provides 5/16" (or 8mm) outer diameter stainless steel tips, that slip into the heater port and glass tubes/tips, with an inner diameter of 10mm, that slip over the heater port. Both types of tips he offers with a variety of different wood and glass roasting tubes.

The 7/16" tube is a bit wider, than the 3/8" one. Featuring an outer diameter of about 11.1mm and an inner diameter of about 9.5mm (3/8" again). It'll accept the 3/8" (9.5mm) stainless steel roasting tube, that doubles as a WPA and which Alan includes with the square HI. And also off the shelf Arizer Air/Solo glass roasting tubes and WPAs, that you can get from Alan or also quite easy via Amazon in Europe, and they feature an inner diameter of about 11.5mm, which makes them a perfect fit, to slide over the bigger 7/16" (11.1mm) heater cover.
The Vapcap tips have an outer diameter of 10mm and an inner diameter of 8mm, so that they'll seal with the 7/16" cover, when you press the tip against it, but they won't move in or stay put on/in the cover, as the regular roasting tubes do.

The heater used in both tubes is a 20Ohm/5W Ohmite resistor covered in vitreous enamel, which is basically molten glass. The resistor used in the wider 7/16" tube is from another Ohmite series though, featuring a slightly larger body diameter (~7mm, instead of ~5mm), than the one used in the smaller 3/8" cover.

This is my square HI, with an Arizer Air/Solo glass roasting tube/direct draw stem and a fitting Arizer WPA with a 14mm connection. The wooden stem with the 3/8" tip I did myself, using a wooden cigarette holder combined with the stainless steel tip, which I cut from Alan's original 3/8" stainless steel roasting tube, he includes with every square HI :)
(Bit hard to get, that 'inchy stuff', over here in Europe) ;)

Last edited:

im not a robot

many thanks @P.A.M. & @blokenoname ! - those are really helpful and detailed answers.
i did sign up for the custom HI list, and i might just end up waiting until my number comes up there. but i do think the square HIs look quite nice & they seem really good value. so i'll weigh reason vs impulse and then see. but i'll keep watching this thread for now, i have to read up a lot here anyway, and i really do appreciate you summing up the essentials for me. nice welcome.

ps - vapechutes are new to me :) i am not able to play the vid, not sure if it chute related. i'll keep my eyes peeled for them

SpudBob

I too just got one of the square 7/16 heater HI from Alan and like it very much. Like P.A.M. my first HI from Alan was the Bamboo glass heater standard PA model. With the square HI/VVPS you have much more adjustments. I can go any direction I want and have vaped as low as 10.5 to 12.5 with very different GOOD results. Turn it low and its pure flavor! Turn it up if you want to blow clouds for days!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The 3/8" (inch) tube is more or less the traditional Log 'standard' by now, as you will find it in the HI, the Underdog and also the E-Nano. In millimetres, it's outer diameter is about 9.5mm, while it's inner diameter is about 8mm.
For this smaller sized heater cover, @Alan provides 5/16" (or 8mm) outer diameter stainless steel tips, that slip into the heater port and glass tubes/tips, with an inner diameter of 10mm, that slip over the heater port. Both types of tips he offers with a variety of different wood and glass roasting tubes.

The 7/16" tube is a bit wider, than the 3/8" one. Featuring an outer diameter of about 11.1mm and an inner diameter of about 9.5mm (3/8" again). It'll accept the 3/8" (9.5mm) stainless steel roasting tube, that doubles as a WPA and which Alan includes with the square HI. And also off the shelf Arizer Air/Solo glass roasting tubes and WPAs, that you can get from Alan or also quite easy via Amazon in Europe, and they feature an inner diameter of about 11.5mm, which makes them a perfect fit, to slide over the bigger 7/16" (11.1mm) heater cover.
The Vapcap tips have an outer diameter of 10mm and an inner diameter of 8mm, so that they'll seal with the 7/16" cover, when you press the tip against it, but they won't move in or stay put on/in the cover, as the regular roasting tubes do.

The heater used in both tubes is a 20Ohm/5W Ohmite resistor covered in vitreous enamel, which is basically molten glass. The resistor used in the wider 7/16" tube is from another Ohmite series though, featuring a slightly larger body diameter (~7mm, instead of ~5mm), than the one used in the smaller 3/8" cover.

This is my square HI, with an Arizer Air/Solo glass roasting tube/direct draw stem and a fitting Arizer WPA with a 14mm connection. The wooden stem with the 3/8" tip I did myself, using a wooden cigarette holder combined with the stainless steel tip, which I cut from Alan's original 3/8" stainless steel roasting tube, he includes with every square HI :)
(Bit hard to get, that 'inchy stuff', over here in Europe) ;)

Decent setup!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I'm probably going to get one of the larger ones next time since I already have the classic standard core and glass core, something that appeals to me about them is that they also work with solo stems, I still have my old bent stem!

GoldenBud

boom baby!
Danger zone!!! Harold and Kumar 2 ! the flight scene at the almost end of the movie, before they jumped from the plane to get baked with Bush :lol::lol: !!! If you haven't seen that, go do it..!
Great song haha

Btw, gotcha about "The Matrix" binary code part.... haha... :brow: it really looks like it (well, having a bowl before looking at it, helps....)

@P.A.M. I will go for the SS cover, I think. no VVPS yet, will may buy it for going 12.5V or 12.8V, will see.

got many Solo II WPAs so if i understand right, and these are compatible, that's perfect.

Last edited:

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks for the best wishes @wolf torn
Glad to hear your HI has been working well for you.

Nice roasting tube @blokenoname Great use for an inexpensive wooden tube.
Have been sketching up the various wooden roasting tube options that I offer in order to get my website updated. Will start a separate thread for the roasting tubes too. Have 88 sketches just for wooden tubes. So many different ways to roast. Thanks for explaining the difference between the two ss heater cover options.

Thanks for posting the photos @P.A.M. Happy that you think the bamboo HI is a good value. I do try to make vaporizers that most people can afford. Will try to get some more bamboo HI's put together soon. The bamboo tubes are cut and the holes drilled. Just need to cut the cork rings to fit the bamboo.

Glad you are happy with the square HI @SpudBob I enjoy the larger ss roasting tube and more air flow w/ the 7/16" ss heater cover.

@ataxian - Apologies for the long waiting list. If you were ever on it, there is no need to wait in line again. Happy to turn something for you. The square HI's are a great value and work well with the Airizer glass stems.

@GoldenBud - Glass does give great flavor, but ss is much more durable. Sounds like the 7/16" size would work well for you.

Crussell27

Fellow vapor brother
15870872299561662341593276699252.jpg
Been a long time since I'v
15870866591637994708261890090129.jpg
e posted on this great forum. Thought I'd give some love to TT and HI. Using the 14mm handmade tube. This is what I'm left with. Alan is truly a vaporizer genius. I hope you are all doing well during COVID-19. might I add that I love the adjustability of the basket screen. Perfect for bongs.
15870862838946770545794616997224.jpg

Last edited:

BestBuds

The Dude
Looks good with the Halo Misty. Hope you are enjoying it.

I have a bit of bad news. I was riding my bicycle home from the post office yesterday and was clipped by a driver from behind while traveling through a crosswalk with a walk light. The driver turned in front of me and the force of the impact threw me to the pavement. Ended up with a lacerated right ring finger and two fractures in my right pelvis. I need crutches to get around, so there won't be any shop time for a while. Guess the waiting list will just have to slip a little more. Hope I can get back to turning soon.
I don't know how I missed this. Feel better soon! I'm glad it was just a clipping and not a full mowing down.

BestBuds,
Reactions: Alan

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thanks for the best wishes @wolf torn
Glad to hear your HI has been working well for you.

Nice roasting tube @blokenoname Great use for an inexpensive wooden tube.
Have been sketching up the various wooden roasting tube options that I offer in order to get my website updated. Will start a separate thread for the roasting tubes too. Have 88 sketches just for wooden tubes. So many different ways to roast. Thanks for explaining the difference between the two ss heater cover options.

Thanks for posting the photos @P.A.M. Happy that you think the bamboo HI is a good value. I do try to make vaporizers that most people can afford. Will try to get some more bamboo HI's put together soon. The bamboo tubes are cut and the holes drilled. Just need to cut the cork rings to fit the bamboo.

Glad you are happy with the square HI @SpudBob I enjoy the larger ss roasting tube and more air flow w/ the 7/16" ss heater cover.

@ataxian - Apologies for the long waiting list. If you were ever on it, there is no need to wait in line again. Happy to turn something for you. The square HI's are a great value and work well with the Airizer glass stems.

@GoldenBud - Glass does give great flavor, but ss is much more durable. Sounds like the 7/16" size would work well for you.
Please 4-give my pomposity!
I love wood 2-a fault!
Made many surfboard’s out of 2,700 year old redwood 4-A museum that has surfing on display.
Your work is super decent and I love your work 4-what it’s worth?
A famous surfboard maker from CALIFORNIA during the Beach BLANKET BINGO era had so many orders for surfboard’s he had to put 1/2 of the order’s in the trash?
Growing pot in my hippy daze’s was fine living once?
Again I would be so pleased to own one of your vaporiser’s somedaze!
Surf Hippies are old fashion I get It!
At least HI’s are well made.

Top Bottom