• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Herbalizer

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I don't use the Herby for anything recreational because it's our best medicinal vape and they aren't making them anymore. I have other vapes more suited for recreational use that are better in the taste department anyway.

When my wife needs strong, immediate relief via vape I can fill a thick milky bag in less than a couple minutes and that includes filling the new bowl. We need a Herby in the wings when those migraines come calling.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
The bags are one issue. I tried making my own (to fit using the supplied valves) but it did not work out well for me.

What are others doing about those? Curious for sure.
I've heard of folks using cooking bags.

When I got a hole in a bag it was usually right near the valve so I would pull the bag further into the valve until the hole was airtight inside the valve. Made my original bags last awhile. I have one bag left from the originals.

MinnBobber

Still have my unit which was one of the first 10 ever shipped.

I think about selling it sometimes, but the nostalgia is strong for me with this particular item :)

It’s a keeper , forever, for me.
I knew exactly how I wanted it setup:
- no bags
- no top half of the 2 piece chamber....the stock 2 piece chamber always seemed sub-par to me.
Awkward , hot,

- miniVAP Flexicone module with paper filter inserted direct into stock bottom bowl.
- best when inserted in miniVAP cover and @Delta3DStudios wpa.

So easy to use and IMO, maximizes the flavor , makes it much more convection profile.

Pic attached

Attachments

• 8960A5AA-1C4E-414E-A036-8831E0F2DF6D.jpeg
    8960A5AA-1C4E-414E-A036-8831E0F2DF6D.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 34

the ob

all good in the hood.
I've heard of folks using cooking bags.

When I got a hole in a bag it was usually right near the valve so I would pull the bag further into the valve until the hole was airtight inside the valve. Made my original bags last awhile. I have one bag left from the originals.
Tried that but they did not fit.

also, none of my bags lasted very long without getting super sticky inside which made them difficult to use.

John Lewus

The bags are one issue. I tried making my own (to fit using the supplied valves) but it did not work out well for me.

What are others doing about those? Curious for sure.

I use Volcano bags and their Volcano solid valve mouthpiece. It works really awesome, but I had to rig up some adapters to make it work. I use blue funtac to stick a 18mm male on top of the herbie adapter. I change it maybe every 6 months with new funtac. The Volcano solid valve with the push piece taken off perfectly fits that 18mm male adapter. I even have a custom adapter that is a bit hard to explain but allows me to blow up the bags on the side.

anyone who owned a Herbalizer find something equivalent to it to buy today as the Herbalizer is no longer made?

I am wondering what others have moved on to if their Herbalizers failed etc.

Trying to stay away from glass - I drop shit too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitolo

Vaporist
wondering what others have moved on to if their Herbalizers failed etc.
I had two Herbalizers
One was the BETA unit that there were 2 of.
@Slightly Medicated and I each got one.
I got a production unit, but continued with the Beta Unit... saving my production unit .
The Beta Model was given to a Hospice patient, but my production unit is here.
It is like new, with new parts (but no bags.. I gave those away).
I have used it, but have saved it in it's current condition.
I split my vaporizer use, so the result is all vaporizers in my signature get used less often, thereby lasting longer!

MinnBobber

anyone who owned a Herbalizer find something equivalent to it to buy today as the Herbalizer is no longer made?

I moved to Taffee Bowle. Super quick warmup like Herbie it has a great quality of vapor too.
Bowle has 4 temps but that works for me.
And TB is much smaller. TB is a very impressive vape, just like Herbie.

davendk93

Enthusiast/Customizer

I sold my herbie and started my quest to find out which kind of heating sources I prefer. I always rigged up my herbie with glass, which wasnt as prominent as today. I have used plenty of conduction vapes, especially portables, and from it decided that conduction style vapes really suck compared to the herbie and other convection vaporizers. I hadn’t tried that many convection/radiant style vaporizers, so I started trying to compare my experiences with the following, which I either bought/made:
1. VROD by newvape/cannabis hardware, with an auber controller
2. Elev8r (torch method)
3. Converted the elev8r to DC elev8r by wrapping a coil on the quartz heater and used the same auber controller
4. Omni XL by Dynavap (torch method)
5. Bought an induction heater for my Omni (Orion, but returned it and got a ispire wand)
6. Built HLT diy (uses a halogen bulb)
7. Then rebought an herbie off of someone for a crazy price

Since using the above heavies and DynaVap, I have concluded that the herbie is unmatched. The halogen heat source is just a different kind of heat. I mean the radiant nature coupled with the built-in fan and even with the fan assist mode is really just amazing. Not many vaporizers have fan-assist, which is really smooth with radiant/convection heating hybrid that the herbalizer is.

Now to get into my recommendations
1. The VROD is great if you want one massive hit and the fact that it works with glass is great. Some flavor is lost when pulling through water pipes with water. Heat up time is def longer than the herbalizer and air temp is not measured, but rather the coil temp. Also draw speed is an important factor.

2/3. The same as above with the elev8r, which imho, is much more versatile, but equally powerful/flavorful. Once again, water does steal some flavor away and heat up time and temp are the same.

4/5. The Omni is different compared to the above in that it is portable, but also the vapor flavor is really comparable to the herbalizer. Fresh and full of flavor. Using the induction heater is super nice as the heat up time is more consistent, but again, temperature of vaporization is not measured.

6. The HLT using a variable voltage power supply is nice and resembles the herbalizers heating profile. Full of flavor and easy to use. But temperature control is lacking and I have personally found that when building it, if the bulb is too far, a long heat soak is required to get it going.

7. rebuying the herbie has allowed me to conclude that it is best used as a medicinal driver. I used to share mine in college with my friends with one bowl, recreationally. Every 10 or pulls I would need to change out the bowl. It was super smooth, but never again.

Just my experiences. The HLT might give you the closest experience due to the halogen bulb heat source. Or the dc elev8r might give you the cleanest flavor in the all glass path. Preferences matter, so try as many as you can.

Herbalizer was my main driver for multiple years after it first dropped. Then I took a break from vaping and came back to it with the Dynavap in early 2019. I ended up selling the Herbie a few months later. Looking back, I regret doing that, but I don't think I'd be using it regularly over my other top choices right now (VapBong/Woodscents/Bowle).

The Bowle does remind me of the Herbalizer in some ways. Obviously they're extremely different, but there's a similar high-tech vibe with the aesthetics and the temperature control. Just like Herbie, the Bowle hits surprisingly hard and has a unique vape signature. Worth checking out if you're interested in a portable.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Herbalizerat420ordm-You-Tube2014-01-1608-35-41.png
A breath of the Herbalizer to ya!

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
My herbie is sick. It's one of the first ever made. I'm heartbroken. Just bought a volcano to replace it. I had it for like 8+ years :( .... I know there is a repair guy. All I know, is that it says, herbie is sick and needs repairs. I'm guessing I'm shit out of luck?

@Halfqq reach out to Herbalizer Repair and see if he can help? I think he has fixed units that displayed the same error message. I’m not sure if he checks FC anymore but maybe someone else can help you with contact info.

Every time I see this thread I get a little nostalgic. I don’t think the Herbalizer would be a driver for me with my current vapes, but I do miss it!

I thought this was interesting… there is a user on Reddit claiming that Herbalizer production will be restarting this summer. This person has responded to a few random posts about the Herbalizer over the last month or so. They also said “the Company headed by the inventor is restarting.” I sent this person a PM to ask if they were actually affiliated with Josh/Bob, but they haven’t responded. I doubt it’s true, but still, found it interesting…

lazylathe

Almost there...
I thought this was interesting… there is a user on Reddit claiming that Herbalizer production will be restarting this summer. This person has responded to a few random posts about the Herbalizer over the last month or so. They also said “the Company headed by the inventor is restarting.” I sent this person a PM to ask if they were actually affiliated with Josh/Bob, but they haven’t responded. I doubt it’s true, but still, found it interesting…
Have a link??
Could not find it searching through Google.

Vitolo

Vaporist
@Halfqq reach out to Herbalizer Repair and see if he can help? I think he has fixed units that displayed the same error message. I’m not sure if he checks FC anymore but maybe someone else can help you with contact info.
Not sure I believe this person
You can believe him. He worked with Josh and Bob.
I am friends with him... though I have not spoken with him since the pandemic began, but the site and info is still correct.

Top Bottom