The GTR

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Oh, that wouldn't work! I was basically thinking of attaching the basket screen at the hot end of the U-shaped drop down and plugging that into the GTR ... Ideally there would be a bubbler specially designed to hold a log vape next to the water chamber!

Haze Mister,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

Oh, that wouldn't work! I was basically thinking of attaching the basket screen at the hot end of the U-shaped drop down and plugging that into the GTR ... Ideally there would be a bubbler specially designed to hold a log vape next to the water chamber!
I think I understood you, the bowl will be closer to the heater, but it will be U shaped so the GTR will stay on the table and not upside down, but remember that any U adapter is going to be more expensive than the 19mm bowl you can get from AliExpress
the U shape cost more i think hehe, it may not be too easy and cheap making these adapter w/ a place for a bowl or so

GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I was talking at another thread about having some kind of u-bend drop-down stem so that you don't have to invert the log onto the rig- there may be such stems available already?

GVB is making u-turn stems for the TM and TP80, but they are dry cooling stems, having a WPA for vapes like this shaped like that makes absolutely no sense to me.. The whole big benefit of these stem-based vapes is that you can keep them upside down on top of a bowl, treating them like a lighter that you only have upside down, keeping the vape completely pristine, then you can easily remove the vape to fully clear your hits... so the idea of keeping the log upright and the stem with the bowl upside down, is totally unappealing here personally... U-turn adapter is useful for sticky bricks and dabbing with like xmax qomo or banger with BAK though

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Are you saying you plugged it in and then tried to hit it right away? It does need 5 to 10 minutes at least like a quick log heat up
I was confused by this comment thinking you were talking about pre-heating the loaded stem. :doh: If you can get instant vapor from a cold stem then inverting the log ain't such a big deal.

Haze Mister,

Shit Snacks

I was thinking of the heat-up time but i guess you can just heat up the loaded gong stem and then plug it into your bubbler followed by the GTR.

Huh? These are pure convection vapes, the heat up time is relative to you inhaling the heat from the device through the herbs while they are connected... Supposed to be pretty instant with a warmed up plug-in vape...

Shit Snacks

Yeah, I edited the comment! With my old log vape the first couple of looong drags were pretty thin so I had to keep it there for a while and it got old.

Yeah it would depend on the stems and setups you're using, that is not really my experience at all with most of my go to stems and WPA with my heat islands and that is even more the case with my GTR :tup:

GoldenBud

just because GVB stems I'd take GTR-F, not GTR-M, but.. a short adapter will fix it ;)

GoldenBud,

average_jay

Picked up a M and F GTR a few weeks ago. I have been using the cork/paper bowl with both, but I do prefer the female. These are a no-brainer due to the price and performance, solid devices.
What was the price? I've been through this whole thread and all through Alan's website and can't find anything!

average_jay,

darkstar72

What was the price? I've been through this whole thread and all through Alan's website and can't find anything!
$100 for the square wood ones. Vvps is about $20. Send a kind email stating what you want and he should get back to you. I think he wants to move the GTRs more than the logs but that's my guess. His work is quality.

P3tz

$100 for the square wood ones. Vvps is about $20. Send a kind email stating what you want and he should get back to you. I think he wants to move the GTRs more than the logs but that's my guess. His work is quality.
Hmmm, I think the GTR starts at $155, while the older log models start at $100...

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Can this be unplugged after it’s heat soaked to take a quick hit or two away from an outlet?

Monk Debate,

Razhumikin

Can this be unplugged after it’s heat soaked to take a quick hit or two away from an outlet?
I mean, basically any log vape can be, but because of the way the GTR holds heats i wouldnt reccomend it. Its not like a ball vape with a big thermal battery, it relies more on the large surface area of its coil, which will also cause it to cool very quickly

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I mean, basically any log vape can be, but because of the way the GTR holds heats i wouldnt reccomend it. Its not like a ball vape with a big thermal battery, it relies more on the large surface area of its coil, which will also cause it to cool very quickly
Thanks for confirming!

cosimo

for the GTR is it possible to get a herb chamber (or glass stem) with glass screen? or is it necesary to use metal mesh screens?

cosimo,

Shit Snacks

for the GTR is it possible to get a herb chamber (or glass stem) with glass screen? or is it necesary to use metal mesh screens?

Buy the WPA from Lamart, it has a handle and glass screen, with or without a carb, I only use the GTR upside down on a hook or other glass piece... I have another glass honeycomb screen 18-18 WPA from 420 EDC too not sure if they still make them though... You can also use Arizer stems for a smaller bowl with silicone to make it seal

Top Bottom