• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The GTR

yeswecann

@yeswecann - The regular length 7/16” ss is probably the most powerful HI heater cover. The short HI heater covers are for the mini, cone shaped, and top shaped units.
@Alan Can Regular length 7/16" core be used in a 14M GTR? Which heat soaks faster, glass or SS? What would you estimate the time difference is?

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
Can Regular length 7/16" core be used in a 14M GTR? Which heat soaks faster, glass or SS? What would you estimate the time difference is?
Well, could be done technically I guess, but doesn't make much sense performance wise, I'd say 🤷‍♂️.

You'd simply end up with a plain 7/16" (11.1mm) steel tube inside the much wider, 16mm (outer diameter) glass heater cover with the 14mm M taper then... That's more mass to heat up while at the same time reducing the airflow significantly. After all, the 7/16" steel tube has an inner diameter of only 9.5mm, while the 16mm glass tube sports an inner diameter of ~12mm there.

One thing that makes the GTR the GTR, is its use of the wider glass heater covers with the 14mm and 19mm male & female ground glass tapers, while the HI Log goes with the plain 3/8" (9.5mm) & 7/16" (11.1mm) steel tubes for heater covers (plus the 10mm & 12mm plain glass tubes, for the HI glass core versions).

And while @Alan referred to the 7/16" steel core as the 'most powerful among the HI heater covers', I can guarantee you, that all of the 4 tapered male/female joint versions of the GTR glass heater covers are quite beasts 🪵💨💨💨💪,💪💪 in their very own class, taking the HI experience to a completely new level 😈😈😈

After all, I've spent a week building my own DIY versions of all 4 GTR glass heater covers along Alan's specifications (with only some minor modifications) and had ample time, testing them all out! :science:
They're magnificently 'brutal'... for lack of better words! And can also roast significantly larger loads, than a HI with the 7/16" steel core could 😎

If you want even more power for the 14mm M GTR, simply wait till Alan has found the right diameter steel tubing, to cut the 14mm male taper on 😁

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Had the pleasure today to try the GTR, it tastes so good! although not my unit and not 100% close sure which v to use on the vvps, faster draw 12.1v tasted amazing.. maybe it should be 11.0v or so, took it fast and it delivered great taste, maybe even bette than the HI

Last edited:

yeswecann

Well, could be done technically I guess, but doesn't make much sense performance wise, I'd say 🤷‍♂️.

You'd simply end up with a plain 7/16" (11.1mm) steel tube inside the much wider, 16mm (outer diameter) glass heater cover with the 14mm M taper then... That's more mass to heat up while at the same time reducing the airflow significantly. After all, the 7/16" steel tube has an inner diameter of only 9.5mm, while the 16mm glass tube sports an inner diameter of ~12mm there.

One thing that makes the GTR the GTR, is its use of the wider glass heater covers with the 14mm and 19mm male & female ground glass tapers, while the HI Log goes with the plain 3/8" (9.5mm) & 7/16" (11.1mm) steel tubes for heater covers (plus the 10mm & 12mm plain glass tubes, for the HI glass core versions).

And while @Alan referred to the 7/16" steel core as the 'most powerful among the HI heater covers', I can guarantee you, that all of the 4 tapered male/female joint versions of the GTR glass heater covers are quite beasts 🪵💨💨💨💪,💪💪 in their very own class, taking the HI experience to a completely new level 😈😈😈

After all, I've spent a week building my own DIY versions of all 4 GTR glass heater covers along Alan's specifications (with only some minor modifications) and had ample time, testing them all out! :science:
They're magnificently 'brutal'... for lack of better words! And can also roast significantly larger loads, than a HI with the 7/16" steel core could 😎

If you want even more power for the 14mm M GTR, simply wait till Alan has found the right diameter steel tubing, to cut the 14mm male taper on 😁
This is very exciting. I think I'll go for a GTR-SS but I'm not sure on 14/18 or M/F yet. I'm confidant GTR will rip with the best of 'em!

yeswecann

Recently received a male and female GTR...and they are beautifully crafted (as expected from Alan). I am still messing around with it. Anyone using an RBT wpa try and stem pack w/ the female gtr? I am feeling like it may be a bit too far away from the heater.

Anywho, imgur is being a pain but I did get to upload 1 pic of the male.
What a beauty. 14 mm glass core?

GoldenBud

Has Alan announced which orders are being fulfilled now in terms of when someone was placed on the waitlist?
just send him an email, but as far as i understood, it's easier to snag a square GTR other than custom or something, more waiting time or so

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Grass Yes

TheEncore

I thought the square Heat Islamds on his site were a different product... different heater correct? I got on the gtr list around August I believe.

TheEncore,
Reactions: Zagala

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
PXL-20230220-014003952.jpg

Oil420FL

2 Qs re male vs. female GTR: is male easier to run inverted on glass rig? Does male work with injector style bowls?

Oil420FL,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
2 Qs re male vs. female GTR: is male easier to run inverted on glass rig? Does male work with injector style bowls?

That's all it is, male is more traditional injector, the tip is cut down, nothing about it makes it any easier to run inverted, I always run these things inverted regardless... But it would be difficult to run male non-inverted

sickmanfraud

I need some help, please.

I got an injector bowl and finally got around to spending an afternoon with my GTR-M. I have had the VVPS between 11.5-12.1 I don't seem to have enough heat for a stir and second rip.

Am I supposed to wait for a 10-15 minute heat soak?

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
I need some help, please.

I got an injector bowl and finally got around to spending an afternoon with my GTR-M. I have had the VVPS between 11.5-12.1 I don't seem to have enough heat for a stir and second rip.

Am I supposed to wait for a 10-15 minute heat soak?

After the initial heat up, another 10-15min heat soak between hits would be most unusual 🤔 Should be ready again after a minute or two max, to take your next hit after stirring.

Where's the screen positioned in that injector bowl!?

GTR-M (19mm version) is designed to utilize the tapered female joint itself for a bowl by placing a 17mm flat screen near the bottom of the taper, where it blocks securely. (Same with the 14mm version and a 1/2" screen)
The GTR injector port is shortened, so that it will only reach about 1/2 way into the female taper, leaving enough space between the screen (red dotted line in the pic) and the injector port (blue striped area in the pic) to place your herb.

If the screen is set much deeper (i.e. somewhere below the taper and within the body of the used adapter), the injector port might be too far away from the load and so needs higher voltage/wattage output for efficient roasting and might also take longer for reheating between hits.

sickmanfraud

I have my GTR-m working nicely within the limitations of needing a minute or two for second hits, etc.

If I want to use the GTR in the middle of the night or before bed I would like t get the "sleepiest" hits possible while avoiding combustion.

Do I turn the voltage higher than 12.0? How can I get couch lock while avoiding combustion?

darkstar72

I have my GTR-m working nicely within the limitations of needing a minute or two for second hits, etc.

If I want to use the GTR in the middle of the night or before bed I would like t get the "sleepiest" hits possible while avoiding combustion.

Do I turn the voltage higher than 12.0? How can I get couch lock while avoiding combustion?
I'd order some CBD flower out of Oregon. Could mix with your regular bud and / or consume multiple loads. Also play around with voltage. Draw speed and pack play an influence on combustion point.

GoldenBud

12.1v or 12.2v with super fast draw works? any time you go higher with the V/temp you test it with super fast draw... that's how I did with my HI too...
@darkstar72 there's no CBD in this level here... but almost ;)

GoldenBud,
Reactions: pomogirl

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I see the injector bowl matter keeps coming up.... Alan's latest should sort it out!

I was talking at another thread about having some kind of u-bend drop-down stem so that you don't have to invert the log onto the rig- there may be such stems available already?

GoldenBud

I was talking at another thread about having some kind of u-bend drop-down stem so that you don't have to invert the log onto the rig- there may be such stems available already?
that's cool but then the distance between the heater and the bowl will be bigger, hence you'll need to dial the GTR around 13.0v or even more... shorten its lifetime

GoldenBud,
Reactions: pomogirl
Top Bottom