• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The GTR

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
HI @Alan, fellow Master JedHI!

It’s been a while since I popped in FC. The Vapor remains strong with you, old friend.

The GTR looks tasty! It’s delightful to see that you continue to innovate. My two HI units from years ago are aging well. Still deliver.

But that’s not stopping me from gettin’ on your list for a GTR! Stay tuned…

May the Vapor be with you, always.

GoldenBud

The GTR looks tasty! It’s delightful to see that you continue to innovate. My two HI units from years ago are aging well. Still deliver.
it's tasty because of the Glass
but the waiting list is an Ass
elev8r made me ran out of Gas

(Waiting to try this beast too:rockon:)
HI Injector 13.4v = Semi GTR

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Hey Alan! What is availability looking like? Are units ready for sale or is there a wait?

THANKS!

FlyingLow,
Reactions: BigJr48

sickmanfraud

Hey Alan! What is availability looking like? Are units ready for sale or is there a wait?

THANKS!

I understand that the waitlist is long.

I will share some good advice given to me when I was still a vaping newbie. As soon as your name comes up on the waitlist, while you are finalizing the specs of the current Alan creation you should add your name to the bottom of the list so your wait for his next amazing vape will not be too long.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I understand that the waitlist is long.

I will share some good advice given to me when I was still a vaping newbie. As soon as your name comes up on the waitlist, while you are finalizing the specs of the current Alan creation you should add your name to the bottom of the list so your wait for his next amazing vape will not be too long.

Every time your name comes up on the waitlist, you are actually added to the bottom of the list again afterwards already... :tup:

TheEncore

I got on Alan's waitlist for the GTR, but I'm too clueless to answer what I know is Alan's simple question... do I want a male or female. I'm confused not because I don't know the definition of woman, but rather because I know nothing about glass at all. Based on Shit Snacks' comments I plan on using a smaller piece like a bubbler or some other method of maximizing flavor and perhaps just a recommended cooling mouthpiece. Since I own no glass, should I go with male or female to avoid compatibility issues?

Shit Snacks

I got on Alan's waitlist for the GTR, but I'm too clueless to answer what I know is Alan's simple question... do I want a male or female. I'm confused not because I don't know the definition of woman, but rather because I know nothing about glass at all. Based on Shit Snacks' comments I plan on using a smaller piece like a bubbler or some other method of maximizing flavor and perhaps just a recommended cooling mouthpiece. Since I own no glass, should I go with male or female to avoid compatibility issues?

If you want smaller bowls go with the female GTR, that means you will be using male glass stems, or you can use narrower stems with silicone just like a regular heat island for even smaller bowls, or you can use paper bowls for larger bowls... I believe the male GTR would tend to have larger bowls, more injector style, although they can be smaller as well, since the male joint is cut down there is more room in the female joint of the bowl to load in a different way than most injector vapes... Alan will include compatible WPA, tell him what you need what you like and he will tell you what he has available, you can get as many, as many different styles as you want, he offers so much variety! I only use mine upside down

coolbreeze

For the female, you'd use a joint for a bowl, like so (this is actually a 14mm, you'd use an 18mm):
IMG-0738.jpg

You could also put a basket screen in the top of the joint for micro-loads. Some of the strengths: clean glass flavor; universal bowl availability; the adjustable size; very secure mating of bowl with log. Others have shared their experience with it and it sounds really nice; they have more details on vapor quality and so on.

Edit: the male would more-or-less work the opposite, but there are a number of manufactured bowls that would fit: it's essentially the standard for injector vapes. Many of the same advantages would apply.

In my case I would choose a female most likely, because I have a few of these male joints in use already and because male injectors (and female bowls) are common, and I'm covered there. The female would round out my toolkit.

Last edited:

HighLads

I've put my name down for a female GTR, I'm very excited to get my hands on one.

What is this Red's ATM? I've tried to do some googling but the results aren't helpful. Is it a fancy VVPS?

Shit Snacks

I've put my name down for a female GTR, I'm very excited to get my hands on one.

What is this Red's ATM? I've tried to do some googling but the results aren't helpful. Is it a fancy VVPS?

Yeah that's exactly what it is, sorry I should have used the full company name! I bought mine already built, now they sell pre-made units, if you don't want to DIY your own... Alan also makes great little VVPS himself though that you can get with the GTR too!

Shit Snacks

I wonder if there is a specific list just for the GTR now...? Since that is a pretty quick turnaround, June to November! Usually always takes longer than first expected, will be nice to have some more owners in here

Shit Snacks,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I wonder if there is a specific list just for the GTR now...? Since that is a pretty quick turnaround, June to November! Usually always takes longer than first expected, will be nice to have some more owners in here
Alan confirmed to me recently, via email, that there are two lists:
  • Custom
  • Non-custom
So GTR folks could be on either list but I think they move at different speeds.

Shit Snacks

Oh that's awesome! So it is just like emailing him, to ask what he has in stock to sell and send right away, however since the GTR is too new he does not have them yet... So there is a wait list just for that standard stock build, choosing his own wood etc compared to the longer custom list that has always existed for HI (and more) previously

Shit Snacks,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Oh that's awesome! So it is just like emailing him, to ask what he has in stock to sell and send right away, however since the GTR is too new he does not have them yet... So there is a wait list just for that standard stock build, choosing his own wood etc compared to the longer custom list that has always existed for HI (and more) previously
Yes, he confirmed those two lists are for everything, HI, iheat, GTR, other customs.

I am on both lists at the moment and patiently waiting my turn 😃

Top Bottom