• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabaRobDass

Could you post a pic of your perfectly-packed bowl? I pack it pretty tightly, so shaking doesn't do anything usually.

If I knew how to post pic I would. It's weird on here right?

Real coarse grind, DONT' Pack Tight, even slightly below rim so you can shake a little, not stir. Remember, you're James Bond, you need it shaken not stirred. Yes!

I will figure out how to post pic tomorrow but the words are prolly more helpful.

Reggie, pack tight= little or no airflow= no convection magic= no medication delivery

Last edited:

shamanstar

Real coarse grind, DONT' Pack Tight, even slightly below rim so you can shake a little, not stir. Remember, you're James Bond, you need it shaken not stirred. Yes!

I will figure out how to post pic tomorrow but the words are prolly more helpful.

Reggie, pack tight= little or no airflow= no convection magic= no medication delivery

I agree... no need to pack it super tight. I pack mine lightly and throw the concentrate pad on top just to keep the material from going into the mouthpiece.

shamanstar,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I do have a 2 questions and a small problem though.
My first question resolves the bowl. If you look in the bottom/outer brim of the bowl I have a little buildup it looks like. I don't grind too fine but it looks like I have small amounts of material in that small gap. I know vape critic said air duster helps out if debris falls into the circles in the bowl and I sure it'll work for that too. Anyone else have this occurance? Any comments??.

Are you sure you're seeing buildup? Because I know what you mean, but I think what you are seeing is a bit of an optical illusion. The very bottom bit of the sides of the bowl, as it bevels inward, is slightly darker than the sides of the bowl above it. I suspect it's, again, an illusion caused by the way the glass approaches the stainless steel restrictor plate...it throws a bit of shadow, if you will, into the translucent glass sides, making it appear as if there's a slightly darker band right at the bottom. I, too, thought this was buildup on my first unit, but wiping with ISO didn't remove it (at which point I knew it wasn't buildup...ISO would remove that kind of thing off a glass surface right away). On my second unit I saw this dark band right out of the box.

Try to wipe with ISO, but basically, it's impossible to get any real buildup on that surface, and I think what you're seeing is the actual dark band that appears at the bottom of the bowl sides. If it helps you I can post a pic of what mine looks like, which I know is free of buildup.

2nd question regards the led light when you are using the vape. Most, if not all, my first hits (when not using vape for hours or more) the green light flashes a few times while it warms up. But if I take a hit right after, or even a couple minutes later, the green light doesn't not flash it just turns straight green and I see my bowl light up. This is normal I am guessing right? I just haven't heard anyone talk about it. don't think anything is wrong.

That's right, that's another thing I forgot! :p I did ask Sasha about a "sleep" mode, and yes, as others have speculated, the 2 goes into an idle state when unused for a certain amount of time. The first time you touch it, you "wake" it, but it seems to give you a solid green at this point instead of a pulse, even if it starts heating. (I didn't get a clear idea of whether or not this is by design/intent, but this is what happens consistently with mine.) Nothing to worry about. You can release and re-press and you'll see it pulse normally on the second press if it makes you more comfortable.

And finally my problem is I cannot seem to get my mouthpiece off. I have tried wiggling it and squeezing it a little. I have to be missing somthing though cause it won't budge.

Hmmm.....you should be able to remove it, but it seats firmly. Grasp it between your thumb and index finger. Wiggle it (or just push it) somewhat firmly to one side and then back to the other. It should kind of pop out when you do this. I don't think it's in any imminent danger of breaking so don't be super shy about it, but don't manhandle the crap out of it either. :lol: Good luck!

bdmspam

Blue April 8th order received yesterday.

After reading through all of the posts I began to worry if I had made a mistake. I was a waiting endlessly for a grasshopper and bailed to the firefly2. I'm a vape rookie with a few uses of a pax2 and other random devices.

Nervous....first pull, long and slow produced a nice smooth tasty hit with a great cloud. Second and third were similar and I was properly medicated. Amazing flavor. Dry herb, hand broken, packed light enough to be able to shake it against my hand to mix it up.

100% satisfied.

Jumped on a local concentrate deal yesterday and will try that out next.

I have a Grasshoppper. There is nothing more stealthy, it's also a great vape with excellent flavor but you can't beat it with stealth, 5 second start up time, no smell when not in use and it looks like a pen. I've used my grasshopper EVERYWHERE. Looking forward to the FF2 just ordered a few days ago, hoping it is the cannasuer experience I'm hoping for. I am sure the Grasshopper will still be my primary vape, especially for out and about as it's so fast and easy to use.

Thanks for the reply! I have my Grasshopper on order and it currently says August. I am glad you are plunging into the FF2 as well as it justifies my decision to also purchase both! I received my FF2 yesterday and am happy to report that I am digging it. Initial thoughts are very cool vapor, almost strongly creeping up on you magic medicating... Really cool. As mentioned I have the Crafty as well and personally for me and my usage habits I'll pull Crafty out for friends or when I have more time to use it because it's effortless, but I still can't get around the fact that you are committed to a 5-10 min session (like a J would be). With FF2 it's more like a bowl and I can take a puff or two and put it down.

So, for anyone looking for a comparison between mighty and FF2, here is my take:

FF2:
-Instant heat up convection
-Smooth, cool vapor
-Doesn't smell quite as much
-Can have a quick few puffs, put down, and come back for later
-Cleaning is easy, but a little annoying if you get particles on your seal
-Have to stir which sucks

Crafty:
-Undeniably easy to use
-Big clouds
-Easiest for beginners and sharing with friends
-No stirring
-Have to commit to a long heat up time and longer session
-I personally don't like it for stealth because of the heat up time and overall time commitment
-Best portable session vape

Bottom line, if session vaping is your thing and you can do this whenever you want and want big, effortless clouds, then the Crafty is hard to beat. If you need a quick couple puffs here and there very quickly, then you need the FF2 (or the Grasshopper, which I can't comment on yet).

doomsdalicious,
Reactions: slcbdco

PeteSeattle

My blue model is in the postal carrier's truck. Now sit at the window and wait.

After reading those who are fine tuning the FF to get clouds this reminds me of the ESV issues.

I don't know if anyone else has an ESV, a different on demand convection vape which utilizes your breath to activate the draw. Those that have them had to do a lot of dialing in that sweet spot.

Although the heating elements are different both get that char in the middle if not opened and stirred. At least with the FF you can see your material. Both have slightly similar concept and would be great to compare and report soon.

Would also love to hear comparisons from others that have the ESV as well and how do they compare.

Last edited:
PeteSeattle,

jay87

I notice for concentrates there are 3 stages of vapor production that you go through when you start taking draws from the FF2.

1. The Melt- The concentrate starts to melt into the pad, not much visible vapor ~10 seconds if started from cold you can use cigar puffs to melt it too.
2. The Warmup- The concentrate is in liquid form and begins to reach vaporization temperatures, some visible vapor very very clean ~10 seconds. You can stop drawing for .5 second and reset the heater here.
3. The Heat- The concentrate is rapidly being vaporized, big, very visible clouds and vapor is thicker. This is when this thing really rips. ~45 seconds

After that I notice the vapor tapers off and I know to put in more material.

The efficiency is so good.

You really don't need to put much concentrate at all, it's more like a pipe than a nail. I prefer to put a small amount and repack it rather than putting a huge amount and trying to use it all at the same time I think. Otherwise it can get sticky if you don't draw off it enough while it's fully hot.

hi_there

Choosing white might be the key to fast shipping, ordered on thurs. and got a fedex call today. Anyone in Canada that can tell me what their fedex invoice amount was on this?

hi_there,

The Natty Leprechaun

I talked to VapeWorld yesterday and they said I could switch my order from blue to white or gold if I want to get one sent out now or wait another week or two at the most. As much as I want to try this new vape out I am just going to wait for the color I want but if anyone ordered thru VapeWorld who wants to switch color to white or gold they might still have them in stock

The Natty Leprechaun,

hi_there

I refunded my vapeworld order because it seemed like direct was faster, I wish I knew that, I would have had my FF2 a week ago...

hi_there,

Reggie Watts

I notice for concentrates there are 3 stages of vapor production that you go through when you start taking draws from the FF2.

1. The Melt- The concentrate starts to melt into the pad, not much visible vapor ~10 seconds if started from cold you can use cigar puffs to melt it too.
2. The Warmup- The concentrate is in liquid form and begins to reach vaporization temperatures, some visible vapor very very clean ~10 seconds. You can stop drawing for .5 second and reset the heater here.
3. The Heat- The concentrate is rapidly being vaporized, big, very visible clouds and vapor is thicker. This is when this thing really rips. ~45 seconds

After that I notice the vapor tapers off and I know to put in more material.

The efficiency is so good.

You really don't need to put much concentrate at all, it's more like a pipe than a nail. I prefer to put a small amount and repack it rather than putting a huge amount and trying to use it all at the same time I think. Otherwise it can get sticky if you don't draw off it enough while it's fully hot.

Does this also apply to cannabis oil? Of course, oil is already liquid, so it doesn't need to melt.

So my concern with packing loose is that, when I draw on the FF2 even slowly, the herb bits get sucked up to the glass window.

Last edited:
Reggie Watts,
Reactions: snamuh

peterloveslubey

Everyone who is hearing whistling and isn't happy with their firefly performance should start inhaling at about 25% that speed. This isn't like hitting a pax, it's a much lighter/cleaner vapor. Picture espresso vs cup of mate tea.

peterloveslubey,

BabaRobDass

So my concern with packing loose is that, when I draw on the FF2 even slowly, the herb bits get sucked up to the glass window.

I don't see a problem with that. As long as grind is coarse material won't leave the bowl. Doesn't matter if it hits glass window.

I feel confident you're gonna get this thing working like you want. Keep at it!

11eleven11

So I got mine.

MqJtgD8.jpg

First thing I did was turn it on and take some heated air hits to taste anything. It has that electronics being heated type of taste... How was it for you (owners)?

Did a bit of searching but didn't find to much besides wipe it with ISO first.

11eleven11,
Reactions: mitchgo61

jay87

Does this also apply to cannabis oil? Of course, oil is already liquid, so it doesn't need to melt.

Yeah It'd apply to oil and maybe even dry herb too. I take the first 2 draws a little slower as warmup draws, then I reset the heater and from the 3rd draw on take natural draws that get bigger and bigger clouds until it's time to repack.

It's very good. :clap:

mitchgo61

Have you tried slapping a pad on top of a loose load? Seems to work well for me....keeps things clean and helps generate vapor.

mitchgo61,

Rush520

Well my battery just took 1 hour and 54 minutes to fully charge from E...Surely an external charger is necessary for my vision of usage. The MFLB power adapter was a god send for me...

Rush520,

mitchgo61

Are you sure you're seeing buildup? Because I know what you mean, but I think what you are seeing is a bit of an optical illusion. The very bottom bit of the sides of the bowl, as it bevels inward, is slightly darker than the sides of the bowl above it. I suspect it's, again, an illusion caused by the way the glass approaches the stainless steel restrictor plate...it throws a bit of shadow, if you will, into the translucent glass sides, making it appear as if there's a slightly darker band right at the bottom. I, too, thought this was buildup on my first unit, but wiping with ISO didn't remove it (at which point I knew it wasn't buildup...ISO would remove that kind of thing off a glass surface right away). On my second unit I saw this dark band right out of the box.

Man, am I slow. :bang:

I decided to to take a closer look at this. Lighting up the bowl with my phone flash revealed a pretty simple truth: that dark band you see is in fact the O-ring around the restrictor plate under the bowl. The bowl itself is actually pretty damned transparent, and you can see the ring clearly. In less light it throws a dark shadow that widens from certain angles, and it can certainly read like residue when you look at it in the right light.

Kinda trippy being able to see the ring like that through the bowl material. Apologies for the rushed pic and not-very-clean FF...

2njhs8z.jpg

11eleven11

Is the consensus that mostly everybody is having a good experience with the firefly?

I just got mine earlier today and don't want to hit it with herb until heated air hits taste more normal. I think the lid magnet is giving off a factory type of odor. It tastes all chemical like and it's bugging me. I just rubbed it with the ISO wipes it comes with. Don't have any ISO itself right now so I might go gets some from the store.

hRnWoCC.jpg

11eleven11,

purplenurple24

I just got mine earlier today and don't want to hit it with herb until heated air hits taste more normal. I think the lid magnet is giving off a factory type of odor. It tastes all chemical like and it's bugging me. I just rubbed it with the ISO wipes it comes with. Don't have any ISO itself right now so I might go gets some from the store.

hRnWoCC.jpg
Run it on the concentrate setting if you haven't already done it. That worked for mine.

purplenurple24,

11eleven11

Run it on the concentrate setting if you haven't already done it. That worked for mine.

Yeah I did that earlier. Gonna do it again now. Thanks. :nod:

EDIT -- so is the seal on the lid a silicone seal or what? It stinks and taints the taste. Still haven't been able to get it out with ISO or running it on the concentrate setting. You guys really don't smell/taste any of what I'm talking about?

Last edited:
11eleven11,

HvOg

EDIT -- so is the seal on the lid a silicone seal or what? It stinks and taints the taste. Still haven't been able to get it out with ISO or running it on the concentrate setting. You guys really don't smell/taste any of what I'm talking about?

I definitely had that smell/taste for the first few days. It smelled and tasted like some kind of antiseptic, it was weird but went away.

I still don' t get clouds with the thing, but the flavor is great and it does the job. Any advice on getting bigger puffs? My technique is either hand pick or coarse grind, start on medium for a super flavorful puff, then move up to medium hi for 3 more hits and the pack is kicked.

I'm sure there are plenty of great tips throughout this thread, but it's massive and I can't bring myself to read the entire damn thing.

I feel like each vape could have its own sub forum, and new threads could be posted in each sub forum.

HvOg,

purplenurple24

How much have you used it? It has gone away for everybody that I've talked to. Not everybody experiences/notices it, but it doesn't last.

Use the concentrate setting.

purplenurple24,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom