The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got myself a santa cruz shredder 3 piece in preparation for the FF2 and I'd recommend one of these to everyone. A couple of the reviews mentioned the grind can't be too fine so I got worried my 2 piece space case wouldn't work well, and this SC shredder is absolutely phenomenal. I'll post my thoughts on Space Case vs SC shredder for this vape as soon as it's in.

I think you meant the opposite about the grind. I have played around and fingers do seem to
work best. I get less particles floating down to the mouthpiece and in the vapor path. I usually
don't have patience so it is SC shredder one turn.

I am sure glad I have the FF2 while I wait...............................wait...........wait for a grasshopper to jump by.

sky king

I have both the mighty and the FF2. They're both great, but the FF2 just keeps getting better as you get to know it. I haven't even fired up the mighty in the past week or so. If I had to choose just one to keep, I would now pick the FF2. Did not expect that!

Reggie Watts

I love my Crafty and I liked my Pax, but the issue for me regarding stealth was the time commitment. I have/had to wait a minute or two for them to become "ready". I am stoked for the FF2 because of the quick on-demand usage and put it down. This is also why I still like my trusty little MFLB.

Reggie, do you have a Grasshopper? I have one on preorder and will hopefully receive it before I die. I really want to check it out after seeing the review on vaporizerwizard.com. Seems like max-stealth!
Haven't tried a GH yet, but will hopefully soon when my friend gets his in (estimated August).

Reggie Watts,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I have both the mighty and the FF2. They're both great, but the FF2 just keeps getting better as you get to know it. I haven't even fired up the mighty in the past week or so. If I had to choose just one to keep, I would now pick the FF2. Did not expect that!

That's an interesting statement and makes me rethink which one I'm gonna buy. How's the vapor production on the firefly 2 as compared to the mighty?

newVaper420,

vape4fun

Regarding stealth I fully believe smell is more important than looks and the pax smells. You can't do half a session walk inside a bar with Pax and not have half the people look at you funny etc....I also live in NYC and my biggest issue is walking out of subway and then trying to take a 20-30 second pull. As far as cops and people and wives who don't like the smell the FF is amazing!!

I think the fact that it's a glass bowl is irrelevant bc if an enemy is that close you're screwed either way!!

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Regarding stealth I fully believe smell is more important than looks and the pax smells. You can't do half a session walk inside a bar with Pax and not have half the people look at you funny etc....I also live in NYC and my biggest issue is walking out of subway and then trying to take a 20-30 second pull. As far as cops and people and wives who don't like the smell the FF is amazing!!

I think the fact that it's a glass bowl is irrelevant bc if an enemy is that close you're screwed either way!!

I've never really had an issue with that and the pax. I never really noticed people in NYC looking at me after a sesh with the pax.

----

Anyhow the more I look at it, it's still really tough between the mighty, crafty and FF2. I just want the one which will give me the best vapor production hands down.

My daily driver is the Cloud Evo so that's what it has to be paired with. I've had the cloud since 2012

newVaper420,

vape4fun

Newvapor fair enough. I'll put it this way when I had Pax2 I loved it. I also used sandwich press on it so I would consume half bowls and usually not finish them off. The FF for me I can take a few hits every so often and get ripped like right now after not smoking for four days. I barely discolored Any green and I'm ripped.

My best buddy loves Pax. He fills it to the top cranks it to high makes big clouds and gets super wrecked and doesn't have to take long slow draws which he found annoying for what he considered poor cloud production.

At end of day we both end up wrecked to our satisfaction but we just get there our own way. No perfect vape bud just decide what situations you would use FF in and if the cost justifies the filling of that niche. The crafty and mighty are not pure convection vapes. That's a huge factor. Good luck bud

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
At end of day we both end up wrecked to our satisfaction but we just get there our own way. No perfect vape bud just decide what situations you would use FF in and if the cost justifies the filling of that niche. The crafty and mighty are not pure convection vapes. That's a huge factor. Good luck bud

That's why I'm seriously considering the FF2. But I think as a heavy user I think the Mighty might be the better choice from me.

I'm still researching and deciding. I do like the on demand heating of the FF2, the removable battery, and the easy cleaning.

newVaper420,

The mighty so far is my perfect vaporizer. I am more worried about the fragility of that guy so it gets a little less used then it might. The FF2 is making a move though. Since I am a light weight today I mixed some BLISS herbal blend (very nice stuff) with my medicine to produce a slightly overfilled oven then pressed down and it works great. FF2 is running about 3rd but there is still more of the race to be run. I am impressed with the lack of faulty units so far. Every other vaporizer except the pax2 really went through a lot of growing pains. And this seems like a major upgrade from the FF1.

MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: newVaper420

sky king

That's an interesting statement and makes me rethink which one I'm gonna buy. How's the vapor production on the firefly 2 as compared to the mighty?

I would say the vapor production (ie clouds) is bit less with the FF2 a but still comparable to the mighty once you've dialed in your technique. But it takes more fussing with to get there (stirring and tamping). The mighty is just dead simple and always hits big for everyone.

In terms of vapor taste, again their both great but i'll give the edge to FF2...it's so clean and tasty, especially the first couple hits on medium high or lower.

I think my preference right now is also tied to the form factor and the "instant on" aspect of the FF2. I tend to want to take a couple puffs, put it down for a bit, and repeat throughout the evening and the FF2 is perfect for that kind of use.

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
I got mine 2 1/2 weeks ago. First bunch of bowls were flower....then I tried concentrate. That was amazing! I just tried flower again today and I honestly don't think I can do it anymore after trying concentrates in it. This thing performs SO well with concentrates!! I love my FF2!!

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I would say the vapor production (ie clouds) is bit less with the FF2 a but still comparable to the mighty once you've dialed in your technique. But it takes more fussing with to get there (stirring and tamping). The mighty is just dead simple and always hits big for everyone.

In terms of vapor taste, again their both great but i'll give the edge to FF2...it's so clean and tasty, especially the first couple hits on medium high or lower.

I think my preference right now is also tied to the form factor and the "instant on" aspect of the FF2. I tend to want to take a couple puffs, put it down for a bit, and repeat throughout the evening and the FF2 is perfect for that kind of use.

Just when I think I settled on the Mighty I see posts like this and now I'm wavering back to the FireFly 2. This is ridiculous. LOL.

I am just worried about the vapor production as opposed to the Mighty. In terms of technique I'm sure I'll be able to figure out the firefly. I don't really care about any friends. LOL :-). But I do like how easy the Mighty is too. No holding any buttons to have it going. However it does have that 1-minute shut off which some people claim is annoying

Eatrocks

Just when I think I settled on the Mighty I see posts like this and now I'm wavering back to the FireFly 2. This is ridiculous. LOL.

I am just worried about the vapor production as opposed to the Mighty. In terms of technique I'm sure I'll be able to figure out the firefly. I don't really care about any friends. LOL :-). But I do like how easy the Mighty is too. No holding any buttons to have it going. However it does have that 1-minute shut off which some people claim is annoying

Just got a mighty in last week, costed me less than a ff2 would, battery lasts me a day and a half. The auto shutoff time is 2 min on mighty...no other vape gets me as good....i would like to find a used ff1 to see.

Reggie Watts

You're asking the FF2 thread, so you'll tend to get biased responses. Mighty turnoff timer is now 2 minutes (used to be 1 on older models).

TheHoF

I'd like the option to buy the FF2 with a charger and not a dock. Life's about choices.

Note to ALL vape manufacturer's:
Vape with built-in batteries = Dock/cable
Vape with removable batteries = Charger

I cant emphasize this enough! Right out of the box this is a huge complaint for me. I can't commend them enough for the decision to include 2 batteries (and for making them removable for that matter) but this just makes their decision to go with a cradle over an external so illogical that it boggles my mind. Especially from a team that clearly gets great design on a level that few do. And of course I am aware that I can buy the external for the ff1 (and shell out the extra for the adapter as well...) but the external is what should be in the box. Not the cradle.

Got myself a santa cruz shredder 3 piece in preparation for the FF2 and I'd recommend one of these to everyone. A couple of the reviews mentioned the grind can't be too fine so I got worried my 2 piece space case wouldn't work well, and this SC shredder is absolutely phenomenal. I'll post my thoughts on Space Case vs SC shredder for this vape as soon as it's in.

Hell yeah! I love the 3 piece. It's like I wanna write Santa Cruz a thank you letter just for making a 3 piece since almost no one does. Plus everything they make is top notch. I've got one of their nug jars as well and it's beautiful. Not only do I love it, it consistently is admired by other connoisseurs of fine things when I pull it out.

sky king

You're asking the FF2 thread, so you'll tend to get biased responses. Mighty turnoff timer is now 2 minutes (used to be 1 on older models).

Well, I have both and am still a HUGE fan of the mighty. I can't imagine anyone would be disappointed with it. The pros and cons of each have already been well discussed. I would just add that the Mighty's going to be a lot better for group sessions with the larger bowl, even extraction with no stirring needed, killer clouds, great flavor, etc. In short it just DELIVERS.

But for me the FF2 outshines it a bit as a personal "sipper". Perhaps it's due to the form factor, materials used and the instant on feature. I just find it a bit more refined and "elegant" to use if that makes any sense...

TheHoF

Well, I'm impressed. PFT and impressed. Had a friend over with a smart phone and app and we ran it through it's paces. We bumped it right to high and were pretty blown away - both as guys who's opinion of most vapes up until this point had been more or less "that was fun, but can we get high now?" To be fair, neither one of us had kept up with the vape world since the time when the volcano was really the only thing worth using soo...

Any way, pretty surprised with the vapor this thing produced right from the very first hit. I had kinda been expecting a more mild experience from some of what I had read, but we were taking about 35 second rips (have to toggle the heat a couple times) and drawing pretty damn hard. I can see how it might be hard for some people to produce that big massive rip on this thing, but I didn't find it a problem. Played around with all of the other heat settings too and less aggressive draws too, and I was surprised at what even low would do. Tried a couple packs including a really loose coarse hand torn and everything seemed to work out ok. It definitely looks like I need to be more on stirring tho, definitely not something I'm used to thinking about so much with smoking.

I cant emphasize this enough! Right out of the box this is a huge complaint for me. I can't commend them enough for the decision to include 2 batteries (and for making them removable for that matter) but this just makes their decision to go with a cradle over an external so illogical that it boggles my mind. Especially from a team that clearly gets great design on a level that few do. And of course I am aware that I can buy the external for the ff1 (and shell out the extra for the adapter as well...) but the external is what should be in the box. Not the cradle.
Still wish the external was the default charger, but at least the cradle is pretty slick.

thecurmudgeon

Kinda want to set up a lid swap in six months when everyone wants something a bit different. Any nerds out there tried running the lid through a laser cutter to add a design? I'm tempted, but I don't know enough about the composition to dive in ;-)

thecurmudgeon,
Reactions: snamuh

PeteSeattle

Still wish the external was the default charger, but at least the cradle is pretty slick.

FF1 battery charging dock works with FF2. If you do get it be sure to get the original charging cord and not the new USB cord. Hope that helps.

PeteSeattle,

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I love my Crafty and I liked my Pax, but the issue for me regarding stealth was the time commitment. I have/had to wait a minute or two for them to become "ready". I am stoked for the FF2 because of the quick on-demand usage and put it down. This is also why I still like my trusty little MFLB.

Reggie, do you have a Grasshopper? I have one on preorder and will hopefully receive it before I die. I really want to check it out after seeing the review on vaporizerwizard.com. Seems like max-stealth!

I have a Grasshoppper. There is nothing more stealthy, it's also a great vape with excellent flavor but you can't beat it with stealth, 5 second start up time, no smell when not in use and it looks like a pen. I've used my grasshopper EVERYWHERE. Looking forward to the FF2 just ordered a few days ago, hoping it is the cannasuer experience I'm hoping for. I am sure the Grasshopper will still be my primary vape, especially for out and about as it's so fast and easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom