• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charredphilly

Unless you’re using the Concentrate settings, the FF really shouldn’t combust. I agree with the FF folks that these sound like faulty units. You should be able to pack the bowl tight and hit it hard even up the High setting without achieving combustion. There are some units floating around that have some bugs within the temperature algorithm and I suspect that’s what you guys are experiencing. No downside in letting FF have a look and see if they can’t fix or replace the units. :2c:
Thank you. Only downside is not having a vape ;-) anything you recommend as backup?

Charredphilly,
Reactions: mitchgo61

Charredphilly

Boy there’s a large subject. :lol:

I’m a big of The Mighty, but it’s a very different kind of vape from the FF. For pure flavor the only thing I like as much as the FF2 is the FF1. :p
The mighty never dissapoints I agree but .. it uses a lot of material compatee to FF2..

Charredphilly,

Brewervapesalot

If you're getting charring, make sure it's clean and the holes aren't clogged.

I have two and neither will char at high settings when clean.

But get some holes clogged and over pack and don't stir and u can char and/or combust.

I widdened the holes in one unit just slightly and there is dramatic difference in draw restriction. Much easier to pull.

Now that I think about it, that unit is better at keeping holes clean and thus better at more even vaping/less charring. I will widen holes on second unit when I find a little time to do so...

Totally recommend doing it, but probably voids warranty, and looks like from other posts if you widen them too much -- vapor production suffers....

Brewervapesalot,

BobEnray

I was also enjoying the new app and great that they keep looking to improve the performance. Unfortunately I have now stopped using the firefly as I assumed the airpath was isolated from the electronics and only found out the other day that this wasn't the case. Bit gutted as had started to really enjoy it.
What's the story with the airpath? Does that mean the vapor literally draws over the circuit board? I've got a FF2 coming in the mail Thursday and am excited about it, but this could dampen that a bit. I'd decided that convection is the healthiest approach and was looking forward to trying it.

BobEnray,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I was also enjoying the new app and great that they keep looking to improve the performance. Unfortunately I have now stopped using the firefly as I assumed the airpath was isolated from the electronics and only found out the other day that this wasn't the case. Bit gutted as had started to really enjoy it.
What's the story with the airpath? Does that mean the vapor literally draws over the circuit board? I've got a FF2 coming in the mail Thursday and am excited about it, but this could dampen that a bit. I'd decided that convection is the healthiest approach and was looking forward to trying it.
The air doesn’t travel over the PCB. It enters on the front and sides of the bowl, through the horizontal slots. It does travel over, or very near, the two farthest solder points.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-firefly-2-vaporizer.20281/page-148#post-1009122
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-firefly-2-vaporizer.20281/page-148#post-1009230

Here’s a post with a quote from the FF design guy on this issue:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-firefly-2-vaporizer.20281/page-149#post-1009824

Last edited:

Goita

Thanks for posting the links, very useful although ( and I know I am being a bit OCD about this) I still feel their is potential for the air to be contaminated and before anyone says it I am sure their is more crap in the air we breathe!

mitchgo61

Thanks for posting the links, very useful although ( and I know I am being a bit OCD about this) I still feel their is potential for the air to be contaminated and before anyone says it I am sure their is more crap in the air we breathe!
Well that’s why I asked FF directly about it....as you can tell there was a lot of stressing here on FC regarding this issue. I am personally satisfied with their answer...that none of the PCB is in the path, and that the solder is safe. But obviously everyone has to decide for themselves. :2c:

mitchgo61,
Reactions: Goita

Drug

Turned my unit on after a couple of months, and I'm really digging this new firmware. I use my my FF2 for sort of microdosing, taking two or three puffs every few hours. The results I'm getting on the new firmware are way more present than it used to be, forcing me to go back to one puff just to keep things neutral enough for my office job. Great work, they really tuned it the way it's supposed to be tuned.

amethystwolf

I just got my firefly 2. Late to the party, but I really like it so far.

I am puzzled by the extra battery, which didn't come with any way to charge it. I'd like to be able to keep that charged as a backup, but I'd rather not pay $40 for the charger from Firefly.

Does anyone know of a charger that will work for this type of battery?

I guess I could put it in the firefly, charge it and take it out again when it's charged.

What do you guys do with the extra battery? It seems silly that they sent it with no way to recharge.

amethystwolf,
Reactions: steama

kilrtjat

Accessory Maker
do you have any official Firefly case? and also vaporizer vapir prima? fit into this case? can anyone try it out?

kilrtjat,

amethystwolf

Why don't you just remove a charged battery from the FF2 and then charge the other battery and then just rotate them between uses and charging?

You only need the FF2 -- no additional charger is needed.

Yep, that's what I figured I would do. It seems weird to use the device itself as a charger, but so be it. :-)

amethystwolf,
Reactions: steama

JCat

Accessory Maker
Have a Firefly 2 coming next week :) Excited to try it out! (Especially for concentrates which is what I've really been hunting for ... a good on-demand concentrate vape :))

Pimpslapper

I got one coming next week too.
I love my crafty but sometimes I need a very quick hit.
Are there any third party chargers for the battery?
Cheers

Pimpslapper,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Really interested to hear your thoughts about the FF2... if it was cheaper and with a smaller design I had already got one!

Although maybe I have better to look at the FF1 since I haven't any fancy smartphone and don't plan to get one since it might be difficult to use it where I live. And since it might be possible to find one for cheap, isn't it?
Is the FF1 able to vaporize concentrates with a mesh pad?

PPN,
Reactions: JCat

JCat

Accessory Maker
Really interested to hear your thoughts about the FF2... if it was cheaper and with a smaller design I had already got one!

Although maybe I have better to look at the FF1 since I haven't any fancy smartphone and don't plan to get one since it might be difficult to use it where I live. And since it might be possible to find one for cheap, isn't it?
Is the FF1 able to vaporize concentrates with a mesh pad?
I've heard the FF2 and FF1 are not really in the same league ...

JCat,
Reactions: PPN

amethystwolf

For those of you who have solved the red light issue by using an external charger - did you get the wall unit or the battery charger? I have a quick charge wall unit and a cable so I'll probably try that.

I'm having the issue where the unit works for one or two hits then starts flashing red when I try again - even though the app says the battery is 75% full. I want to love this vape... but having issues so soon is concerning.

amethystwolf,
Reactions: flipjoe

mitchgo61

For those of you who have solved the red light issue by using an external charger - did you get the wall unit or the battery charger? I have a quick charge wall unit and a cable so I'll probably try that.

I'm having the issue where the unit works for one or two hits then starts flashing red when I try again - even though the app says the battery is 75% full. I want to love this vape... but having issues so soon is concerning.
There’s a weird, known bug. If you leave a battery in an idle FF for several hours it can throw a flashing red despite the actual charge level.

I work around it by keeping one battery charged, and always starting a session with the freshly charged battery. No matter what the charge level of the battery currently sitting in the FF. :2c:

mitchgo61,
Reactions: mixchu69

amethystwolf

There’s a weird, known bug. If you leave a battery in an idle FF for several hours it can throw a flashing red despite the actual charge level.

I work around it by keeping one battery charged, and always starting a session with the freshly charged battery. No matter what the charge level of the battery currently sitting in the FF. :2c:
So you probably have the external battery charger? Does keeping it on the doc between hits help? I think I’ll call them tomorrow to see if they will send me the external charger.

amethystwolf,

mitchgo61

So you probably have the external battery charger? Does keeping it on the doc between hits help? I think I’ll call them tomorrow to see if they will send me the external charger.
Yes I have the old one they made for the FF1....works for FF2 batteries also. Yes, if you docked the batteries anytime you set the FF down for more than a couple hours, that would solve this problem, albeit in a very work-around fashion.

Pimpslapper

Does one or two draws decarboxylate the weed even if not evenly toasted?
I like really strong avb so wouldn't mind tossing the bowl into my avb stash after a couple tokes
I just got mine today and will test tomorrow morning I cannot wait

Pimpslapper,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom