• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiocitysuicide

Has anyone had experience using the warranty with a unit they bought used? The website says the warranty is transferable but it also says you need the original receipt. If you bought the unit used but don't have the receipt are you out of luck?

Radiocitysuicide,

Randy Lahey

Thanks sag!

Can some more experienced people with this unit help me to understand concentrates? Ive never used them. Are concentrates shatter, wax, and oil? If so, does one type work better than another in the FF2? Thank you.

Randy Lahey,
hey guys
had firefly in the past
.. saw this
(hope this not duplicate post
search didnt show it - havent tried to read whole thread)

http://www.cannainsider.com/
interview with FireFly cofounder MarkWilliams

FTA
Key Takeaways:
[3:14] – What is Firefly?
[4:02] – Mark’s background
[5:00] – Mark explains the difference between smoking and vaporizing
[6:33] – Mark talks about his Co-founder and how they came up with Firefly
[17:21] – How temperature impacts vaporizing & terpenes
[22:10] – Mark talks about terpenes
[26:30] – Mark talks about some differences between Firefly and other vaporizers
[28:16] – How do you know when your flower is spent using a vaporizer
[30:22] – Mark talks about using concentrates in Firefly
[39:34] – Mark discusses the companion app that goes with Firefly
[41:30] – Mark’s personal Firefly settings
[51:17] – Mark answers some personal development questions
[56:32] – Firefly website and contact details

hope this is interesting

In the companion app discussion he mentions reaching max temp in 5 seconds or 10 seconds. Where is that setting

MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: cloudsosmoke

redrum0036

I signed up to give firefly some good marks. I've read many differing views on the ff2 and waited about 6 months or so to finally pull the trigger. I also have the arizer extreme q and love it but I needed something for airline travel. It took a little time to get it right. I went back and watched vape critics videos and adjusted my technique. I'm so thankful for him and for this site as this is one of the best purchases I've made. I enjoy the fantastic flavor and I produce clouds. Not as large as my extreme q, however the efficiency of the amount of herb used is just ridiculously good. My q is in the closet. My meds are lasting at least 2x as long if not longer so basically since purchased in September it has paid for itself. Cleaning is simple and quick..seriously it takes less than a minute. Make sure to clean the mouth piece and screen as sometimes particles can obstruct. It's not the perfect vape for everyone and can be frustrating trying to "get it" but if you're patient and follow other people's advice ( for me coarse grind, loosely packed to level of bowl, high settings which I'm going to experiment with lower settings now, test for a good seal-restricted airflow, allow to heat up then begin low slow draws. I usually draw for a good 10-15 seconds, release the heat and continue my draw for another 10 seconds if I can. Don't make it whistle. Taking the lid on and off to stir is probably best as far as mixing material however you have to be careful not to get material on the gasket or it will effect the seal and air flow. So sometimes I opt to turn upside down and lightly tap a couple times. If you start on lower heat settings you can bump up the heat as the session goes to get as much out of each bowl as possible. I realized early on I was putting good herb away that I could basically vape another 5 draws from at least. I'm a relatively light user before bed so for me the ability to take 3-5 good draws and put it down and save the remainder for until the next night is just amazing.
I will say that I pulled out my extreme q for a couple weeks, used the whip and fan 2 setting and it blitzed my freaking brain . But I used at least 2x as much material during that time. Also the taste just didn't compare.
I realize there are probably many posts on the how to in this thread, I just thought I'd share my experience. Thanks for this site and thanks to the vape critic.

Regarding the ff2 cleaning I forgot to mention above. Be extremely careful when cleaning the gasket on the lid. Fist off you can tear it if not careful. Second if you're using ISO alcohol it can make the adhesive break down and you gasket will come off. I contacted firefly customer service yesterday via text (which was cool) with the intent to ask what adhesive I could use to repair my gasket that has started to come loose at two small spots. The rep looked up my unit order, let me know I was outside of the 60 day gasket/lid warranty and then processed a one time courtesy lid replacement for me. I was actually very surprised they were willing to do this for me and I wasn't expecting it at all. Valerie (the rep) said they suggest to never clean the gasket. Just lightly brush off any material with the brush they include. I personally think you have to clean a little but they say no to protect themselves. Last night I used a coffee filter with just a little water to lightly dab at the remaining material on the gasket after I brushed it. To me it makes the gasket a little sticky which helps give a little better seal. YMMV. I do wish they had made the magnet a little stronger as that may have reduced some of the issues people have regarding getting the lid to seal just right.
Has anyone repaired a loosened gasket? If so what is a safe adhesive to use for consumption under these heat conditions.
Has anyone tried to modify the ff2 with say a thin gasket around the unit that the lid gasket could sit on possibly creating a tighter seal? I'll search mods forums but if anyone has any links or info I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaporcussion

Looking hard at the FF2 right now. 2 things that concern me: 1) having to stir the bowl 2) questionable density or size of clouds

Im a big cloud liker. Will I not see clouds with this vape? Also, I noticed people talking about lids. Is the chamber/crucible/oven wide open (meaning your flowers can just spill out) unless you pay extra for a lid?
Looking specifically for a flower, not a concentrate vape. Thanks.

Yeah, stirring is a drag. You can get huge clouds, but you have to work for them. Be prepared for long inhales, 15-30 seconds. Many people get light headed until they learn how to sneak in air through their nose. You need strong lungs, as the draw resistance is super tight. And you need patience! And a perfect grind. And a perfect pack. It's work, and it feels like work, imo. But when it all lines up and it opens up to you, BOOM, you get it all. The best flavor, hands down. Most of the time, the hit opens up right when you can't inhale anymore, lol

I'm sure if I practiced more, it would all get easier. But I prefer my Mighty and IQ, as they don't make me work for it.

Are concentrates shatter, wax, and oil? If so, does one type work better than another in the FF2?

Yes, that's correct. I couldn't tell you which work better. I've tried shatter and wax, both worked great. This vape works easier with concentrates than herb, imo.

Vaporcussion,
Reactions: turk

abscr

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm going to send it in. I think it's the device or dock, as it's not charging at all. The only way I can connect with the app is when it's docked, and it shows the batteries as red/depleted. No activation with either buttons.

Thanks again!

I ended up sending my device in, and they weren't able to get it working:

Friday:
This message is in regards to your recent return. Our returns facility was unable to repair the issue with your device so we will be sending a brand new Firefly 2 in black for you. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

I asked if the batteries and dock were working or if they'd be sending everything new, and they replied:

Saturday:
You will be getting a whole brand new kit with new batteries and charger. The old ones have been scrapped and are no longer usable.

I also asked how and when they'll be shipping it, but they ignored that question. The process has been a bit slow (imo), so I'm afraid that asking will delay further, so I'll just wait.

Robob

Veteran Vaporist
Usually they ship via FedEx and it comes from Nevada I believe so it could be a bit depending on your locale. FF has great customer service so don't sweat it!

redrum0036

I ended up sending my device in, and they weren't able to get it working:

I asked if the batteries and dock were working or if they'd be sending everything new, and they replied:

I also asked how and when they'll be shipping it, but they ignored that question. The process has been a bit slow (imo), so I'm afraid that asking will delay further, so I'll just wait.
The lid they are shipping to me she quoted me 7-10 business days. That was Friday. She even said with time of day and holiday weekend probably wouldn't ship until at least Tuesday. I found them to be very pleasant and up front with information requested. Did you use the text feature to ask questions? It did take a little time to receive an answer, but they never ignored any messages for me. I'll follow up when I receive my replacement lid to give an idea of shipping time. They are in Washington state I think and I'm in north Georgia.

redrum0036,

abscr

The lid they are shipping to me she quoted me 7-10 business days. That was Friday. She even said with time of day and holiday weekend probably wouldn't ship until at least Tuesday. I found them to be very pleasant and up front with information requested. Did you use the text feature to ask questions? It did take a little time to receive an answer, but they never ignored any messages for me. I'll follow up when I receive my replacement lid to give an idea of shipping time. They are in Washington state I think and I'm in north Georgia.

I asked in email by replying to the case update for my issue. I'm not too worried about it. It'll get here when it gets here. I'm just happy it's moving along.

Robob

Veteran Vaporist
Ah yea the company is WA I could have sworn the shipment i got for a warranty part came from Vegas, but I was hitting some big clouds with FF2 constantly back then hah, hope you get your replacement ASAP

Robob,

redrum0036

Yeah I didn't ask where it would ship from, but the customer service rep I spoke with was in washington state. I'll follow up when I receive to show which state if anyone is interested lol.
Usually they ship via FedEx and it comes from Nevada I believe so it could be a bit depending on your locale. FF has great customer service so don't sweat it!

...I received two lids recently...shipping is not from Washington state...at least mine wasn't ...

Ah yea the company is WA I could have sworn the shipment i got for a warranty part came from Vegas, but I was hitting some big clouds with FF2 constantly back then hah, hope you get your replacement ASAP

redrum0036,

DarkSm0ke

Anyone notice that the Firefly 2 hits better than when it was new? I just use standard setting (Med-High) and I have noticed in last couple of months that vapor production has greatly improved. I have used several different strains and they all produce notably more vapor. Has anyone else noticed this? FWIW, I am not using the power tuning feature.

DarkSm0ke,

redrum0036

I just received shipping confirmation and tracking information from firefly. USPS isn't giving me any info yet but I'll follow up with shipped from location as I get it.

redrum0036,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
...I received two lids recently...shipping is not from Washington state...at least mine wasn't ...
They have regional warehouses around the country to speed up shipping. Pretty sure I have received stuff from FL that I ordered from FF. (I'm in ME so still not super-close....but closer than WA....)

mitchgo61,

sunliight

Hey guys, I have FF2 for couple of weeks, no problems so far. I wondered how to use the power tuning to a desirable temperature? For instance, I use FF2 mostly on medium low 360°F / 182°C but I would like to get somewhere between medium low and medium, which would be +5°C or + 10°F. What would be my optimal power tuning setting? Somehow I doubt the preset temperatures are any accurate in such a small device anyway, so getting on the 365°F sweet spot is not very realistic, but maybe you know more?

sunliight,

redrum0036

Update: the USPS tracking updated last night and the lid did ship from Nevada as another member suggested.

redrum0036,
This is such a cool vaporizer (I am now addicted to the grasshopper and this vape though I am not counting on the grasshoppers long life). However when this vaporizer gets cold (50-60 degrees) I get the rapidly flashing red light. This has happened twice. The last time I put in a fresh battery and it still did it. So I warmed up the fly and then it worked normally. Anyone else get this.

MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: slcbdco

abscr

I asked in email by replying to the case update for my issue. I'm not too worried about it. It'll get here when it gets here. I'm just happy it's moving along.

Just received the new ff2!

They had sent me a fedex tracking number on Monday, and I checked it and the destination city (didn't show the entire address) was my old town. I responded to the email to verify the address, but got no reply, so I used their online chat.

It took a while before the chat feature was available, and the exchange took a while, but after 30 minutes they were calling fedex for me to make the change.

Not a huge deal to wait since I was doing other stuff, but it was a microcosm of the entire ordeal. It was slow (imo), but ultimately satisfactory, as I got what I wanted in the end. It just sucks going without my premium device for almost an entire month.

And it was a bit annoying they sent to the wrong address, especially since one of the first things they asked me for was my current shipping address.

It is fun opening a new box. There's definitely a "factory" smell to the device. It's also pretty cold from the trip, which makes me fear for the batteries. But I'm sure they're fine.

Hitting an activation button a few times, the battery shows at 3. Same with the extra one.

App connected no problem.

All seems good!

abscr,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom