The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morimoto

The Elusive blue vapor, no plant material vapor, just THC and Terpenes!!!! https://www.instagram.com/p/BFC3mH8gqQe/

Uploading to Youtube in 4K now :) This vaporbong hit shows the Firefly2's ability to chuck out blue vapor right from the start of the draw, I have been testing extensively and this is hands down, the purest vapor I have ever had. just the blue pixie vapor LOL

The Lotus hits are great, but they contain vaporized plant material, and are hot even thru a vaporbong, the FF2 is icy cold without a vaporbong. 2 totally different worlds of vaping and I'm very happy I have both!! The FF2 this morning was so easy on my lungs... can't say that for any other vaporizer I've used.

purplenurple24

The Elusive blue vapor, no plant material vapor, just THC and Terpenes!!!! https://www.instagram.com/p/BFC3mH8gqQe/

Uploading to Youtube in 4K now :) This vaporbong hit shows the Firefly2's ability to chuck out blue vapor right from the start of the draw, I have been testing extensively and this is hands down, the purest vapor I have ever had. just the blue pixie vapor LOL

The Lotus hits are great, but they contain vaporized plant material, and are hot even thru a vaporbong, the FF2 is icy cold without a vaporbong. 2 totally different worlds of vaping and I'm very happy I have both!! The FF2 this morning was so easy on my lungs... can't say that for any other vaporizer I've used.
Thank you for continuing to post videos. I love waking up and seeing a new demo. Even if it's just a toke here and there, it helps get me through the waiting.

purplenurple24,

PeteSeattle

I didn't realize they had that much of a presence in Washington. I knew that their phone/fax numbers were Seattle based (206) but I was curious why. Good stuff, man.
Do they ship from WA? If so I'll be knocking at their door just to see where I am on the wait list, lol, as if they'd do that.

purplenurple24

Do they ship from WA? If so I'll be knocking at their door just to see where I am on the wait list, lol, as if they'd do that.
I'm in Moses Lake. If they shipped from Seattle, I'd be over there with a tent next to the shipping dock.
Unfortunately, I think they ship from San Fran.

FLMan420

I'm in Moses Lake. If they shipped from Seattle, I'd be over there with a tent next to the shipping dock.
Unfortunately, I think they ship from San Fran.

Mine was shipped from Henderson Nevada, not sure if they have a location there but that was the origin of the FedEx package.

Side note: After using my FF2 more, I am more in love. I bought a grinder card which gives me a medium to coarse grind, tap down gently and I am ready to take flight.

Morimoto

lalalala same as before but in Youtube 4K video! FireFly2 Vaporbong. Tomorrow I'm going to perfect it!!

And a bonus, vaping 2-3 month old AVB with the FF2 I found kicking in the captains cupboard.

Season 6 Episode 4.... Iv'e been in a galaxy far far away for over a week now!

Last edited:
Morimoto,

thecurmudgeon

If you're feeling like your breath is too restricted, try cutting an inch of silicone tubing and stretching it over the mouthpiece. I'm not sure if it's the larger area or my imagination, but it's more comfortable for me.

763a8a3.jpg

Last edited:

studmuffin

Hi CL 52613,

I have returned. No worries on whatever handle you affix to me. I am older, and maybe a skosh wiser, and things like that don't really matter.

Yes, I have master the Firefly2. No brag, just fact. Forthwith, a cogent compendium of cryptic (not) coalescing of data. Ready ?

Get a grinder card.

Use those little desiccant pillow packets to ensure that your cannabis is quite dry.

Grind to medium consistency.

Fill chamber to flush, no tamping.

Ensure that there is NO material outside the bowl.

I start on Medium heat profile for the terpenes.

Take LSD's (long, s-l-o-w draws, like breathing through a tiny straw).

After 3 or 4 draws, carefully remove the cover and rearrange the material so that it appears homogeneous.

Immediately after the last draw, wipe the Fly down gently with a single square of toilet paper, and gently swab out the bowl with a cotton-tipped swab.

Vape on you crazy diamond ! WooHoo ! !

:myday:

Eatrocks

The techniques described to vape the ff2 successfully remind me of Phil Hartman on snl playing the anal retentive chef...

Eatrocks,

NeonPeon

The techniques described to vape the ff2 successfully remind me of Phil Hartman on snl playing the anal retentive chef...

Yea, it's strange. I used to be a very frequent smoker, but now that I'm older, for the last decade or so, I smoke maybe once a month, and my wife even less frequently. I have friends with the pax 2 and mighty among others, and knew that the sessions that these are designed for aren't really required for my needs. I wanted something where I could just take a couple hits, and leave the rest for later. I splurged on a present for myself with this thing, figuring that even though I don't smoke frequently, it would probably be better for me to vape, and more pleasant, given that since its been years since smoking frequently, it makes me cough.

Reading this board over the last week or so, as I've been waiting for the first vape I've ever owned, I was beginning to get the impression that perhaps this thing would be something of a hassle, and would require a lot of figuring out.

The reality has been, that bar a couple annoyances with the blue tooth connectivity, which may have to do with my phone, the device functions exactly as I hoped it would: it's an electronic bowl, designed for a dystopian future in which cyborgs harvest us for biofuel and need a bit of green for the PTSD this brings on.

My technique is exactly the same as using a bowl. Rip up weed coarsely as I would for a bowl, or use a grinder but don't grind it fully (as I would for a bowl). Fill it to the point where the bowl begins to flare out, then very gently tamp down (as I would for a bowl) Press the buttons on either side and wait for it to start to glow. Once glowing, breath out, then breath in slowly for a long draw (as I would for a bowl). When at end of the breath, release fingers (as I would for a bowl) and blow out a cloud of vapor. After a couple hits, mix around the greens a bit, either with a pokey or tapping. This last part isn't a problem for me, as two or three hits are sufficient anyway, so the stirring would occur before my next usage, which could be weeks from now.

The flavor from it is remarkable, and I have zero regrets purchasing it, if this is how it performs for the next few years. I'm sure if I was using it multiple times a day every day, I'd develop an ideal technique, I'm sure if I wanted to produce the biggest cloud for some unknown reason, I'd develop an ideal technique. I remember figuring such things out for bongs in college. My more pedestrian goal today with this device is to get exactly as high as I want, and do so in a tasty way that felt familiar to me. That's exactly what it does.

Morimoto

Name calling is not allowed on this forum.
Yea, it's strange. I used to be a very frequent smoker, but now that I'm older, for the last decade or so, I smoke maybe once a month, and my wife even less frequently. I have friends with the pax 2 and mighty among others, and knew that the sessions that these are designed for aren't really required for my needs. I wanted something where I could just take a couple hits, and leave the rest for later. I splurged on a present for myself with this thing, figuring that even though I don't smoke frequently, it would probably be better for me to vape, and more pleasant, given that since its been years since smoking frequently, it makes me cough.

Reading this board over the last week or so, as I've been waiting for the first vape I've ever owned, I was beginning to get the impression that perhaps this thing would be something of a hassle, and would require a lot of figuring out.

The reality has been, that bar a couple annoyances with the blue tooth connectivity, which may have to do with my phone, the device functions exactly as I hoped it would: it's an electronic bowl, designed for a dystopian future in which cyborgs harvest us for biofuel and need a bit of green for the PTSD this brings on.

My technique is exactly the same as using a bowl. Rip up weed coarsely as I would for a bowl, or use a grinder but don't grind it fully (as I would for a bowl). Fill it to the point where the bowl begins to flare out, then very gently tamp down (as I would for a bowl) Press the buttons on either side and wait for it to start to glow. Once glowing, breath out, then breath in slowly for a long draw (as I would for a bowl). When at end of the breath, release fingers (as I would for a bowl) and blow out a cloud of vapor. After a couple hits, mix around the greens a bit, either with a pokey or tapping. This last part isn't a problem for me, as two or three hits are sufficient anyway, so the stirring would occur before my next usage, which could be weeks from now.

The flavor from it is remarkable, and I have zero regrets purchasing it, if this is how it performs for the next few years. I'm sure if I was using it multiple times a day every day, I'd develop an ideal technique, I'm sure if I wanted to produce the biggest cloud for some unknown reason, I'd develop an ideal technique. I remember figuring such things out for bongs in college. My more pedestrian goal today with this device is to get exactly as high as I want, and do so in a tasty way that felt familiar to me. That's exactly what it does.

Epic post, Thank you! I have been saying to everyone who asks about the FF2 that there are folks like you out there who are not into face ripper vaporizers and just want an "e-pipe" style vaporizer, they don't want some thing with cords or mesh baskets or glass stems or butane torches they need something that Grandma or Grandpa can pick up, pack a bowl like she/he did in the 60's and toot on the thing :p

I think 99% of the FF2 haters out there are face ripper stoner ass holes who only want maximum face ripping, lung hacking, nuclear bomb loads that extract 0.2-0.4 g in one mind numbing rip, they pre-ordered expecting that and didn't like what they got and run around on reddit bashing on the FF2.... ya the FF2 is not for them, they can do research and buy an EVO or a Lotus or a Sublimator or.... a joint perhaps? like seriously go smoke a joint if you NEED to feel like Snoop Dog 24 hours a day (btw I love snoop, I buy and listen all his albums regularly, and I love smoking joints, I'm just adding perspective cuz snoop really does smoke too much in a good way)

Last edited:
Morimoto,
Reactions: Eyedunno

Sh4dy15

On truck for delivery!! Can't wait to get this thing.

Smoked a joint last night for the first time in a long time and ugh....I just do not like it at all anymore. My throat was killing me and I have a horrendous taste in my mouth even today.

Should a just stuck with the Solo until FF2 arrived. Felt like doing something different but it was a bad choice.

jay87

@Morimoto Yeah I gotta say every reddit thread I've seen that involves the FF2 includes at least one person saying: "No, the reviewers and owners of the FF2 are lying and wrong, I've never had a FF2 and I don't want one but I know it sucks."

Like I said:
GiIue42.jpg

Also I feel like everyone is skipping over the concentrate part of this device.

100% (no seriously 100%) of people I've heard of have said that the FF2 is AMAZING with concentrates. Combined with the fact that this thing is portable and uses on-demand heating so the hits can be saved for later, no coils, no wicks, no ceramic, all those benefits make it a super big deal for me.

For the people that don't like the lighter dry herb vapor on an FF2 you can just use concentrates, get huge clouds, and get ridiculously ripped without any harsh vapor at all. That's incredible to me. :drool:

Last edited:
jay87,
Reactions: Ratklaw

EVlL 55

...I own a black ff2...
I personally don't care for it...but that's just me...I don't think that constitutes me being called"a face ripper stoner asshole...who only wants face ripping,lung hacking,nuclear blast loads"...pretty offensive....I consider myself a nice guy...
So...would I rather hit on a mighty?..you bet your ass....but that doesn't give me the right to call ff2 users names because they actually like it...it's they're opinion...and at the end of the day,..it's all that matters.

NeonPeon

I think 99% of the FF2 haters out there are face ripper stoner ass holes who only want maximum face ripping, lung hacking, nuclear bomb loads that extract 0.2-0.4 g in one mind numbing rip, they pre-ordered expecting that and didn't like what they got and run around on reddit bashing on the FF2.... ya the FF2 is not for them, they can do research and buy an EVO or a Lotus or a Sublimator or.... a joint perhaps? like seriously go smoke a joint if you NEED to feel like Snoop Dog 24 hours a day (btw I love snoop, I buy and listen all his albums regularly, and I love smoking joints, I'm just adding perspective cuz snoop really does smoke too much in a good way)

I don't think my satisfaction with my limited use-case for this device has any value judgment associated with it. I'm not really interested in heaping scorn on people who want a device that does something else. I also think I could get absolutely fucked off this thing, easily if I wanted to, and perhaps faster than other portables, but on that point you are better listening to people who are using it that way, and have a mode of comparison.

Mr. Me2

...I own a black ff2...
I personally don't care for it...but that's just me...I don't think that constitutes me being called"a face ripper stoner asshole...who only wants face ripping,lung hacking,nuclear blast loads"...pretty offensive....I consider myself a nice guy...
So...would I rather hit on a mighty?..you bet your ass....but that doesn't give me the right to call ff2 users names because they actually like it...it's they're opinion...and at the end of the day,..it's all that matters.
Your fc name is Evil...and you consider your self a nice guy. I'm sure you are, E and you cracked me up. I expect it was unintentional. :lol:

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: Derrrpp

Morimoto

@jay87 Dude!! I'm on day 8 of non stop The Clone wars 15 hours a day and i'm on day 4 of that with the FF2 and the force is STRONG with the FF2 for sure! and I do feel like the emperor, I love the way the hate flows through the dark side, gives me more power... unlimited power!!!

@studmuffin I have found today that reallllllllllllly slow draws like you said, provide much denser vapor, and it is now rivaling the Lotus in vapor density!!!!

Dude you rocked my world with the words "long s-l-o-w draws, like breathing through a tiny straw." I was already very happy with the cold vapor, now I'm over the fucking moon with joy that I really paid attention to your post. Best advice of 2016 goes to @studmuffin

...I own a black ff2...

I apologize if I offended you, that was not my intent.

Last edited by a moderator:

EVlL 55

No offense taken Morimoto..I understand and appreciate all the enthusiasm for the device...when I saw it posted I jumped at it....it's gorgeous in and out...from the device to the Xtra batt and etc....definitely one of the best packages I've seen or owned in a long time...perhaps ever.
And i,..like most who probably don't care for it...was expecting a furnace of sorts spewing vapors...you would think that to compete today,...that would be a must.
But for me,...it's almost a re- inventing of years of results I found successful and pretty much have universal...it makes me question if it's worth it....but that's on me..not the ff.
I almost wish It was the first vape I ever tried so I could go into w/ out expectations and an unusual bias view.

Reggie Watts

@Morimoto Yeah I gotta say every reddit thread I've seen that involves the FF2 includes at least one person saying: "No, the reviewers and owners of the FF2 are lying and wrong, I've never had a FF2 and I don't want one but I know it sucks."

Like I said:
GiIue42.jpg

Also I feel like everyone is skipping over the concentrate part of this device.

100% (no seriously 100%) of people I've heard of have said that the FF2 is AMAZING with concentrates. Combined with the fact that this thing is portable and uses on-demand heating so the hits can be saved for later, no coils, no wicks, no ceramic, all those benefits make it a super big deal for me.

For the people that don't like the lighter dry herb vapor on an FF2 you can just use concentrates, get huge clouds, and get ridiculously ripped without any harsh vapor at all. That's incredible to me. :drool:
To be fair, some of us don't have access to concentrates. It'll illegal where I live, and I don't know anyone who sells it. You're right, though - it sounds like the FF2 actually excels more at liquids than herbs. I will have to try it at some point.

Reggie Watts,

purplenurple24

No offense taken Morimoto..I understand and appreciate all the enthusiasm for the device...when I saw it posted I jumped at it....it's gorgeous in and out...from the device to the Xtra batt and etc....definitely one of the best packages I've seen or owned in a long time...perhaps ever.
And i,..like most who probably don't care for it...was expecting a furnace of sorts spewing vapors...you would think that to compete today,...that would be a must.
But for me,...it's almost a re- inventing of years of results I found successful and pretty much have universal...it makes me question if it's worth it....but that's on me..not the ff.
I almost wish It was the first vape I ever tried so I could go into w/ out expectations and an unusual bias view.
It seems like there are a lot of biased opinions out there. For anybody other than a "newcomer" those biases can be hard to overcome. Especially when there's been so much hype surrounding this thing. It seems like as soon as somebody feels that their expectations haven't been met, they go straight to bashing.

You, on the other hand, are aware of these biases and even acknowledge them rather than go straight to whining, bitching, and bashing.

I can appreciate that because you are making a thought-driven observation, rather than an emotion-driven rant.
Thank you for that.

P.s. I think you seem like a pretty nice guy:tup:

purplenurple24,
Reactions: EVlL 55

Reggie Watts

Epic post, Thank you! I have been saying to everyone who asks about the FF2 that there are folks like you out there who are not into face ripper vaporizers and just want an "e-pipe" style vaporizer, they don't want some thing with cords or mesh baskets or glass stems or butane torches they need something that Grandma or Grandpa can pick up, pack a bowl like she/he did in the 60's and toot on the thing :p

Well, that's what happens when a vape gets marketed as the "bestest vape evar!!11" People were probably led to believe that it was going to be great for any type of usage. They should have done better research, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom