The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elac

Silly rabbit trips are for kids
Thanks for uploading the info. Puts an end to the guessing game. Was that the full of it? I'd like to read the 14 page pdf if it's not a problem.

Elac,

malsanti

Well I was able to use the FF2 with a friend quite well in the park yesterday. I would let her take the first couple of draws and it worked beautifully.

I don't know how it compares that well to other portable vapes, but FF2 the one thing I love about it is how stealthy I think it is, in terms of odor.

I used it at suicide squad by myself. I think a couple women actually came around the screen and were looking around. An usher also came shortly after looked around and left. Maybe the ladies were just going to the bathroom, but later on one of them was going to the bathroom again from the otherside, and it seemed like she was legit going to the bathroom? Haha, she did seem to be looking around.

Think there might have been some odor, and they were lookin, but nothing to see!!!!!!! I mean all you have to do is put your finger over the little green LED light. Thinkin of getting a little sticker to cover that bit for when I got out.

I also LOVE the dock. So much nicer than having to plug it in, imo.

malsanti,

Mr. Me2

Well I was able to use the FF2 with a friend quite well in the park yesterday. I would let her take the first couple of draws and it worked beautifully.

I don't know how it compares that well to other portable vapes, but FF2 the one thing I love about it is how stealthy I think it is, in terms of odor.

I used it at suicide squad by myself. I think a couple women actually came around the screen and were looking around. An usher also came shortly after looked around and left. Maybe the ladies were just going to the bathroom, but later on one of them was going to the bathroom again from the otherside, and it seemed like she was legit going to the bathroom? Haha, she did seem to be looking around.

Think there might have been some odor, and they were lookin, but nothing to see!!!!!!! I mean all you have to do is put your finger over the little green LED light. Thinkin of getting a little sticker to cover that bit for when I got out.

I also LOVE the dock. So much nicer than having to plug it in, imo.
I thought there would be visible glow from the oven...

malsanti

I thought there would be visible glow from the oven...

The actual oven produces too little of a glow for anybody to see, and all you need to do is flip it over. In my paranoid moments, that is that is what I would do, but i realized, there is far too little glow, epecially if people aint close by.

And you are using it with the bowl pointed downwards anyway, and like I said, can always flip it over. I think the bigger problem was me get big draws and coughing!!!!!!!

My rationale is, I won't get caught. And if I do, well, I didn't know vaporiizng ejuice wasn't allowed. I ain't doing this at boutique theaters, that is just the bathrooms, lol. In the actual theater, the multiplexes. Suicide Squad was just when i did it with the biggest crowd. The few other times, were near or completely empty.

Last edited:
malsanti,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

danisdan

Hi all. I just got a FF2 and was all excited to try it. But I think it's faulty. Here's a quick video I made of the green light not doing anything after you've clicked it on:

Am I missing something obvious or did I get a dud?

danisdan,
Reactions: blue80217

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Thanks for uploading the info. Puts an end to the guessing game. Was that the full of it? I'd like to read the 14 page pdf if it's not a problem.

What's the bottom line for those of us not electrically inclined? :)

mitchgo61,
Reactions: turk

Sh4dy15

Hi all. I just got a FF2 and was all excited to try it. But I think it's faulty. Here's a quick video I made of the green light not doing anything after you've clicked it on:

Am I missing something obvious or did I get a dud?

You have to hold it down.....you dont just press it to turn it on. Hold it down, it blinks until it heats up. Once it is solid, keep holding it and breathe in long slow draws for at least 10-15 secs. Let the buttons go.

Next time you use it (within a short time frame) it will not have to reheat again and you can begin to draw as soon as you see the green light. You always have to hold those two buttons when drawing for it to work.

stickstones

Vapor concierge

Sorry for the misunderstanding. 14 pages total. The first link is 10 pages, I believe, and the second one 4.

stickstones,

jay87

Here's an imgur album containing both PDF's of the solder specs.

http://imgur.com/a/VNlwV

vUxlilr.png

Baron23

Well, if you look at the first link (the four pager) there is a table with all of the chemicals that they tested for in this solder. Aside from lead being present, all other toxic substances were either not detectable except for one that was 'negative' with a recommendation to try a different detection method (this being hexovalent chromium).

The other document lists a bunch of other substances almost all of which are classified as "Less then threshold level and not intentionally added". The threshold limits are listed in there also. As to whether you respect the RoHS thresholds and think they adequately protect your health or not is up to you.

However, there are a couple in here where it was not intentionally added but its in there or exceeded the threshold.

You don't need to know squat about electronics to understand this info. You just be willing to open the document and read it as its rather straight forward.

What is not straight forward or contained in these documents is the impact of these substances on your health and that's a huge area to research so have at it, boys and girls.

Mr. Me2

Well, if you look at the first link (the four pager) there is a table with all of the chemicals that they tested for in this solder. Aside from lead being present, all other toxic substances were either not detectable except for one that was 'negative' with a recommendation to try a different detection method (this being hexovalent chromium).

The other document lists a bunch of other substances almost all of which are classified as "Less then threshold level and not intentionally added". The threshold limits are listed in there also. As to whether you respect the RoHS thresholds and think they adequately protect your health or not is up to you.

However, there are a couple in here where it was not intentionally added but its in there or exceeded the threshold.

You don't need to know squat about electronics to understand this info. You just be willing to open the document and read it as its rather straight forward.

What is not straight forward or contained in these documents is the impact of these substances on your health and that's a huge area to research so have at it, boys and girls.
Isn't hexovalent chromium the chemical at the center of the lawsuit in the Erin Brockovich movie? But it depends on which type of hc (from what I remember from that movie).

Mr. Me2,

TvsP

Ask Firefly for the MSDS of the solder they use.

The issues were to much draw restriction and overheating. Which seemed to be related in these units. The fix was with the body.
If I wasn't able to try multiple units side by side I wouldn't of known what the right amont of draw restriction a unit should have. Big difference. The units with issues felt like breathing through a reed while under water. The 2 good units felt like breathing through a large straw above water.
So my advise to anyone having issues with draw or overheating is to find a satisfied user and try each others unit, try as many as you can.

After a couple days use of mine the reed under water feels more like what I'm experiencing.

I'm not getting much cloud at all.

Am getting good feelings but feeling like the draw has far too much resistance.

I keep trying to adjust to the top to see if it helps but doesn't. It's really really resistant coming from a volcano bag!

How much are people packing? Full until it doesn't move much when you draw or loose enough to hit the window when you draw?

TvsP,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
After a couple days use of mine the reed under water feels more like what I'm experiencing.

I'm not getting much cloud at all.

Am getting good feelings but feeling like the draw has far too much resistance.

I keep trying to adjust to the top to see if it helps but doesn't. It's really really resistant coming from a volcano bag!

How much are people packing? Full until it doesn't move much when you draw or loose enough to hit the window when you draw?

Make sure you remove and clean out the mouthpiece and the slot it snaps into. It's surprising how much debris can collect there.

I pack mine very densely for best results, but that can restrict draw even more, obviously, so be sure nothing is blocking the airflow in the mouthpiece section.

mitchgo61,
Reactions: justvapin

malsanti

I effing love being out on a date and going to the bathroom and hitting the FF2 to no ones better knowledge. First two draws are pretty sweet. Thing is becoming my bestie

What I can't understand is, how efficient and effective it is becoming, is it the break in, or is it because I have found and am using the stick they provided. The one they give seems to be perfect. But a few stirs seems to give it quite a lot more. It's being insanely efficient at the moment.

I know there has been a lot of back and forth on this device, but my experience at the moment is that it's a really sweet device. Looks sweet too. I am VERY glad it is doing its thing for me. The Grasshopper still intrigues me, but I will have to save that for a little down the line.

Last edited:

Reggie Watts

I effing love being out on a date and going to the bathroom and hitting the FF2 to no ones better knowledge. First two draws are pretty sweet. Thing is becoming my bestie

What I can't understand is, how efficient and effective it is becoming, is it the break in, or is it because I have found and am using the stick they provided. The one they give seems to be perfect. But a few stirs seems to give it quite a lot more. It's being insanely efficient at the moment.

I know there has been a lot of back and forth on this device, but my experience at the moment is that it's a really sweet device. Looks sweet too. I am VERY glad it is doing its thing for me. The Grasshopper still intrigues me, but I will have to save that for a little down the line.
Same, it's been an up and down experience for me, but more up than down.

sky king

First off THANKS to stickstones for posting the data sheets!

Seems like this might be a tough nut to crack. With the information we have now, how do you more experienced vaporists feel about the FF2 in terms of health and safety? Does it compare well to other vapes (like the Mighty) in this regard?

I really like the FF2 so I'm hoping it is SAFE!

sky king,

greenextinguisher

my honest opinion*....

safe: yes, likely by all standards known to man.

designed in a way that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling all over: no, not really

It's an important distinction. My warm/fuzzy standards are likely irrational. I feel exactly the same about the S&B products. Very few vapes give me the warm/fuzzies, I think zero battery-powered portables do.

* It's an opinion. I'm in no way qualified to make an assessment.

Elac

Silly rabbit trips are for kids
I'll be giving this with my FF2 so I'll share it before it's gone:
1n1JynX.jpg

It's a DIY 12V-24V mod for the FF external charger.
Happy to assist anyone who wants to build their own.
Edit: Also not to difficult to make one that is powered by 18650s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom