• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
marcuss said:
the white cylinder is the ceramic heater itself!
Holy shit, that's a giant compared to my SSV's ceramic heater!

Does the air travel around it or through the middle?

vtac,

Bemuse

vapor tactician said:
Bemuse, let us know what the result is... hopefully they can get a remote to you asap, though it's good to know you can operate everything without it if need be.
Response from Greatvape....
Stephen said:
Shipping information regarding your order:

Hi Robert, We shipped a remote control to you. USPS Priority Mail tracking Number is: xxxx 8555 7494 8644 4098. Stephen
Very cool and everything is peachy....

Bemuse,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Bemuse said:
Well, I received a response back from Stephen at greatvape. Here is what he had to say about the missing remote.

Stephen said:
Hi Robert,
Please check the cardboard boxes. it looks like it is just a small, thin, empty box. The remote is in that box. We have to check every box to make sure all parts are there. We haven't had any missing parts yet. I'll wait to hear from you.
So I responded with this....

Bemuse said:
I have checked through them about 5 times. I know it's small that's why I thought I may have overlooked it. I do see a small cardboard box that looks about the size of the remote, but there was nothing in there.
Waiting to see what happens next....
Did you hear back from the greatvape guys yet?

stickstones,

Bemuse

stickstones said:
Bemuse said:
Well, I received a response back from Stephen at greatvape. Here is what he had to say about the missing remote.

Stephen said:
Hi Robert,
Please check the cardboard boxes. it looks like it is just a small, thin, empty box. The remote is in that box. We have to check every box to make sure all parts are there. We haven't had any missing parts yet. I'll wait to hear from you.
So I responded with this....

Bemuse said:
I have checked through them about 5 times. I know it's small that's why I thought I may have overlooked it. I do see a small cardboard box that looks about the size of the remote, but there was nothing in there.
Waiting to see what happens next....
Did you hear back from the greatvape guys yet?
LOL....See the post above your last post.

Bemuse,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Bemuse said:
:D

From what I've heard, Greatvape seems to take pretty good care of customers. I'd rather go with Arizer since I'm in Canada anyway. GV Might be easier for the yanks (no customs) if the customer service is there, also they have the Extreme on for $270.

vtac,

Bemuse

vapor tactician said:
Bemuse said:
:D

From what I've heard, Greatvape seems to take pretty good care of customers. I'd rather go with Arizer since I'm in Canada anyway. GV Might be easier for the yanks (no customs) if the customer service is there, also they have the Extreme on for $270.
Well, what I have seen from them so far, their customer service is top notch. And yes, Vapor tactician, that's why I ordered from them. I thought it would be easier if I ordered it from someone in the states. But don't let the $270.00 price fool you.....Shipping was $20.00. But in the end it saved me $10.00 so I can't complain.

But wait, there's more....

When I got home from work tonight I thought I would take one more look for the elusive remote....You can probably guess what I'm about to say next so I will just quote the e-mail I sent to Great Vape....:/

Bemuse to great vape said:
Well, when I got home from work today I decided to take one more look. Turns out, the remote had slid out of it's box, down the edge of my mattress and in between the mattress and the frame. Fit very nicely into that small niche. So...I feel like an idiot now. I will return the remote you sent me as soon as I receive it here. I appreciate your service and sorry I can't keep up with the contents of the package.
Well, there ya have it! I'm a freakin genius! :D

Bemuse,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Ok, so there's a Stephen at both Arizer and Greatvape...yes?

P.S. -- I'm rocked right now

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Well, it's Steve at Arizer. :p ...and I'm about to vape with another Steve.

Add me to the list of people who are currently rocked.

Have a great weekend, vaporists!

:cheers:

vtac,

glizitch

yo... so ive been following this thing since the initially discussion about vs. the herbal aire...

my vapir one died on me and i immediately ordered the extreme...

man am i glad i did... although it took a while to make it due to various circumstances the customer support was simply amazing throughout the process.... All hail Steve...

so i am thoroughly satisfied and give this a 10/10

Thanks for all the info

Peace

glizitch,

Bemuse

glizitch said:
yo... so ive been following this thing since the initially discussion about vs. the herbal aire...

my vapir one died on me and i immediately ordered the extreme...

man am i glad i did... although it took a while to make it due to various circumstances the customer support was simply amazing throughout the process.... All hail Steve...

so i am thoroughly satisfied and give this a 10/10

Thanks for all the info

Peace
Welcome glizitch. This site was the deciding factor for me too. No regrets.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tonight I vaped at 315C and got some really nice hits from the whip and a pretty dense bag of vapor. Haven't tried it with the heat this low before but was really impressed with the results. :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bemuse,

vapercussion

Well I must say that this extreme has saved me the past week. I completely ran out of herb and lived off revaping the spent herb for 7 days! True it doesn't taste as good, it's more like "commercial" now, but with the prices here in NYC this has been a godsend! And I got wasted! I don't think the Vapolution could do that...

On another note, I didn't receive a buddy bowl either. Did anyone else get one with the package? Steve mentions it as well as the battery pack in the video, but I assumed it was an option.\

Lastly I do think leaving the unit around 350 is asking for low level combustion. If you take a leisurely 20 minutes with a bowl, lower it down as you go along... the remote is great for that!

vapercussion,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
vapercussion said:
Well I must say that this extreme has saved me the past week. I completely ran out of herb and lived off revaping the spent herb for 7 days! True it doesn't taste as good, it's more like "commercial" now, but with the prices here in NYC this has been a godsend! And I got wasted! I don't think the Vapolution could do that...

On another note, I didn't receive a buddy bowl either. Did anyone else get one with the package? Steve mentions it as well as the battery pack in the video, but I assumed it was an option.\

Lastly I do think leaving the unit around 350 is asking for low level combustion. If you take a leisurely 20 minutes with a bowl, lower it down as you go along... the remote is great for that!
did you unwrap the kind of white rubber on one of the 2 bowl ??

Clear_Dome,

glizitch

yes this forum is great...

its probably the got the most info regarding the extreme anywhere...

so here are some thoughts about this great product....

you can totally do a balloon through a water piece ... its awesome especially if you have an ice catcher in the piece.... this is a huge plus....

ive been using 310C and it produces quite a thick vapor...

i used it at 310C with the fan on high to fill balloons... i read about people usi0ng higher temperatures but im not sure that is necessary when i get such a thick vapor at 310C... can anyone vouch for higher temperatures than this?

also has anyone thought of a case to put this thing in.. its got so many glass pieces i imagine a foam padded briefcase where you could make cutouts for the pieces would be real nice.. like a glass case...

i appreciate any input with this ...

let me know if i can answer anyones questions about this great device!!!

peace

glizitch:)

glizitch,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
310C heated for 20 minutes with the loaded bowl in for the last 10 minutes. Hit one thick bag and done.

stickstones,

glizitch

im not really sure what ur saying stickstones... could you please elaborate...

i can usually get about 3 bags at 310 all very thick....

or i can just use the whip at 310... either way the material will be completely spent....

any thoughts on a case ?

glizitch,

Triplebaked

I'm confused.

It seems people get more then one bag, I seem to get like one bag then it starts tasting foul...maybe i should put more herb in?

Also, I can get a dense vapor as low as 260, and as high as 340, but it's very confusing on what is optimal.

This is what I "think" I know:
THC boils between 180 and 200, and herb combusts at 230 right? I got that from the NORML site.
So if that is the case, and the Extreme bowl temp is 100 above the core, wouldnt that make the ideal temp be 280 to 300?

But if that is the case, and people here set thier extreme all the way up to 350, isnt that 20 degrees C over combustion?

Does vapor appear before thc boils as well and that is why im getting vapor on low temps? Is it true that if you can see thick vapor that its too warm? Is it more efficient to have it a bit too warm or a bit too cool?

If I heat it up good, then turn it down to 270 for example, let the fan go on speed one a few seconds then high speed...I will get hits as thick as i do on 310, and sometimes the taste will go bad after just one balloon too.

I try to eliminate all the other variables, but using the same temp, weed, amount of weed and fan speeds....I'll get different results. Maybe cause after unit is left on for awhile it just gets hotter faster? not sure.

Anyway, any info people have on the facts of the combustion temps and vape temps would be appreciated. It seems like the subject is missing a lot of research on the net.

And are we SURE the bowl temp on the extreme is EXACTLY 100 degrees above the core temp displayed on the unit? Cause if it is...wouldnt it combust over 330?

Triplebaked,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
stickstones said:
310C heated for 20 minutes with the loaded bowl in for the last 10 minutes. Hit one thick bag and done.
I turned the unit on to preheat at 310C for 20 minutes
I took my sweet-ass herb and put it in the bowl and put the bowl on the Extreme for the last 10 of the 20 warmup minutes.
I then blasted the fan on speed 3 and got the second sweetest bag ever.

If I get results that are noteworthy, I will post them in a simple format like above. That way we can quickly get testing feedback up here for all of us to see.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Triplebaked said:
I'm confused.

It seems people get more then one bag, I seem to get like one bag then it starts tasting foul...maybe i should put more herb in?

Also, I can get a dense vapor as low as 260, and as high as 340, but it's very confusing on what is optimal.

This is what I "think" I know:
THC boils between 180 and 200, and herb combusts at 230 right? I got that from the NORML site.
So if that is the case, and the Extreme bowl temp is 100 above the core, wouldnt that make the ideal temp be 280 to 300?

But if that is the case, and people here set thier extreme all the way up to 350, isnt that 20 degrees C over combustion?

Does vapor appear before thc boils as well and that is why im getting vapor on low temps? Is it true that if you can see thick vapor that its too warm? Is it more efficient to have it a bit too warm or a bit too cool?

If I heat it up good, then turn it down to 270 for example, let the fan go on speed one a few seconds then high speed...I will get hits as thick as i do on 310, and sometimes the taste will go bad after just one balloon too.

I try to eliminate all the other variables, but using the same temp, weed, amount of weed and fan speeds....I'll get different results. Maybe cause after unit is left on for awhile it just gets hotter faster? not sure.

Anyway, any info people have on the facts of the combustion temps and vape temps would be appreciated. It seems like the subject is missing a lot of research on the net.

And are we SURE the bowl temp on the extreme is EXACTLY 100 degrees above the core temp displayed on the unit? Cause if it is...wouldnt it combust over 330?
There are so many variables to consider, it's probably pretty unlikely for different people to consistantly produce similar results with different herbs/units/etc, etc. The temp reading on the Extreme is measuring the element, it was said to be ROUGHLY 100C higher than the air hitting your herb. There's probably some variance between units so that's another thing to consider.

But, as usual, I don't own an Extreme so what do I know. :)

I do agree with you on the first few hits tasting the best. I think that's because you're vaping the best of the trichomes and tasty terpenes. If you keep going, you're eventually vaping the fibrous plant matter itself. It may have some desirable compounds but certainly not as tasty imo. :2c:

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge

Check the article again. I think it said those temps were in a vaccuum and that temps in the earth's atmosphere would differ some.

I can usually get three good bags once I get the temp right for that strain...each one gradually worse than the one prior.

This is as good a reason as I can come up with. Is the weed cut pretty much the same each time (like same grinder, etc.). I find that using less weed gets me thicker hits, although it gets used up quicker.

See above about the combustion temp being in a vaccuum. It was reported to be 'about' 100C. We know that it is not exact and it differs between identical units (see one unit here combusting weed at something like 260C).

Hope this helps. BTW, I'm seeing consistency here...I just vaped at the same settings as documented here last night and am blasted again!

Really good ground weed, halfway to the black on the bowl -- Preheat to 310C for 10 minutes -- Put bowl on unit and let sit another 10 minutes -- Fill a bag on fan setting 3 -- Get rocked!

stickstones,

glizitch

yes i think 310C is the optimal speed for this baby as well... i will try your method stickstones and report back here... i think it would be crazy to go above 315C....

i absolutely love how this interfaces with glass you already have.. the bag becomes a slidel for your favorite glass water pipe.... be sure to clean it first! and with an icecatcher forget about it!!! i love how the bag tips taper off and kinds have a lip to make perfect suction as a slide.. genius!!!

but seriously? what do you think about a case? i think maybe an aluminum case with foam where you could make cutouts would be sweeet....

well thats my rant.........

peace

glizitch,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
glizitch said:
yes i think 310C is the optimal speed for this baby as well... i will try your method stickstones and report back here... i think it would be crazy to go above 315C....

i absolutely love how this interfaces with glass you already have.. the bag becomes a slidel for your favorite glass water pipe.... be sure to clean it first! and with an icecatcher forget about it!!! i love how the bag tips taper off and kinds have a lip to make perfect suction as a slide.. genius!!!

but seriously? what do you think about a case? i think maybe an aluminum case with foam where you could make cutouts would be sweeet....

well thats my rant.........

peace
hi,
LOL thears is 2day ago I was thinking about a case and find this one for sale at the same store that I bought my herb grinder ....this case seem pretty nice inside dim are: 15x9x7 and got some divider ,I got it for lil less than 50buck on ebay

this is the link to the shop http://stores.ebay.com/Warehouse-Goods

Clear_Dome,

marcuss

above the clouds
i don't stop to say......You MUST find out your best temp by yourself!!!A lot of variables are to consider to find the right spot.
The only tip i could say is: Start test at 250 and any further session increase temps by 5 steps....in a short time you'll end to know your own chicken perfectly!

marcuss,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom