• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Can a screen go over the herb as well as under if using smaller amount that is too small to PACK in ?
Sure. I think I understand what you are asking. You could custom fit a screen inside the the wand, put herbs in, then cap the end with a basket screen. I have also seen people using a basket screen as the bowl then using another basket screen to cap it. In the pic I left some separation between the screen so you could see what was going on. As far as temps go every scenario brings on different variables...fine tuning it to your likes is up to you to determine. 027D9001-67D4-420D-B1A4-B44700B2C689.jpeg

Low-toll-microdoser

Sure. I think I understand what you are asking. You could custom fit a screen inside the the wand, put herbs in, then cap the end with a basket screen. I have also seen people using a basket screen as the bowl then using another basket screen to cap it. In the pic I left some separation between the screen so you could see what was going on. As far as temps go every scenario brings on different variables...fine tuning it to your likes is up to you to determine. View attachment 1605
Thanks for that :)
So for small load /micro dosing,the 14mm adaptor is needed and that takes the place of a cyclone bowl ?

Sure. I think I understand what you are asking. You could custom fit a screen inside the the wand, put herbs in, then cap the end with a basket screen. I have also seen people using a basket screen as the bowl then using another basket screen to cap it. In the pic I left some separation between the screen so you could see what was going on. As far as temps go every scenario brings on different variables...fine tuning it to your likes is up to you to determine. View attachment 1605
Sorry,should of asked how many mm is the heater end of things and then the chamber/bowl end is that 14mm for smaller load?

Cheers

jerri

found a new way to vape shatter put healthstone in wire basket in the elbow that goes into cyclone bowl then attach whip and you can rip or sip I choose this over my vapexhale evo and dr dabber boost black the vapor is smooth

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
found a new way to vape shatter put healthstone in wire basket in the elbow that goes into cyclone bowl then attach whip and you can rip or sip
Also, I've found that the concentrate pad for the Linx Eden fits perfectly inside 18mm basket screens. It works well with the EQ using the shorter-ddave 18mm adapter, although with portable 18mm native vapes (tubo evic), you can load more into the pad since the vape can be held upside down.

Last edited:

sapetoku

Yes makes sense I think,excluding the cyclone bowl...yes?

The cyclone bowl or short adapter are the same part. The original "cyclone bowl" that comes with the EQ is too long, the DDave adapter (or short 18/18 or 18/14 adapter) replaces it and makes all the difference.

Heating element (18mm male) > Cyclone bowl or adapter > whatever (whip, elbow...)

Hope it helps!

rustypeb

Hi, getting back in to vaping, mainly cbd at the moment but like some bud with thc in the evening, I recently got my eq with i what i think must of been one of the older DDave 18/14mm mods and am liking it, but struggling to get even extraction the middle of the basket is fully extracted but not around the edges, any tips for someone getting back in to using the eq with the DDave mod?

Also have never really tried using the bags which came with it but would like to try them think it would be nice to go to bed with instead of having to get up and load another basket and use it through my bong like normal. Can i use the DDave mod to fill up a bag or would i have to take out the 18/14mm cyclone bowl and put the stock 18/18mm cyclone bowl on and heat that up before using a bag?

Hope that makes sense and thanks for any replies.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Can i use the DDave mod to fill up a bag or would i have to take out the 18/14mm cyclone bowl and put the stock 18/18mm cyclone bowl on and heat that up before using a bag?

You can use the Ddave 18/14 adapter. Just hook your bag to something with a 14mm male joint. Something like a 14male/14male or a 14male/whip adapter would be perfect.

rustypeb

You can use the Ddave 18/14 adapter. Just hook your bag to something with a 14mm male joint. Something like a 14male/14male or a 14male/whip adapter would be perfect.

Thanks will see what I have got tho my bag is currently attached to some tubing so if I don’t have another 14 adapter could try taking the tube of my current DDave mod and put the bag one on?

Thanks

Have found some more glass bits adapters and cyclone bowls but struggling to find a way to up load the photos straight from my phone is there a way to do so?
Thanks

rustypeb

These are all the bits i could find can anyone see a way i could get the bag too work with the DDave 18/14 adapter do have a spare 14mm stem i can use
IMG-1109.png

IMG-1110.png

Thanks

Edit, also wondering what you all find to be the best temp with a DDave 18/14mm mod to use through a water piece.

Thanks again

Last edited:

rustypeb

It looks like the second picture is a 14mm male. Is that a Ddave 14mm Dynavap wand? That will work if you can get whip over the tube end.

Yeah am pretty sure it is a 14mm wand but haven't heard off the Ddave 14mm Dynavap wand think its just a spare Ddave 14mm wand i got a few years ago for the EQ looks the same as what ive got in my EQ now think the only problem is the tubing for the bag is a smaller diameter so would be a tight fit but will give it a try.
Thanks

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
the only problem is the tubing for the bag is a smaller diameter so would be a tight fit
You are not using a basket screen right? You are packing the 14/18 Ddave adapter in the middle with a screen right? You could just rubber band or zip tie the bag right to the wand. I like to use the fold over method. Place the bag over the wand and zip tie it. Then fold the bag back and zip tie it again behind the first zip tie.

rustypeb

You are not using a basket screen right? You are packing the 14/18 Ddave adapter in the middle with a screen right? You could just rubber band or zip tie the bag right to the wand. I like to use the fold over method. Place the bag over the wand and zip tie it. Then fold the bag back and zip tie it again behind the first zip tie.

This is my current set up that i use which has a basket screen in which i pack but there is a screen in the 18/14mm adapter,
IMG-1117.png
IMG-1118.png
IMG-1119.png

I haven't thought of packing it any way but using the basket screen but does sort of make sense packing the adapter, then use the spare 14mm wand straight to a bag, guessing i would have to use a lower temp as the bud would be closer to the heating element?

thanks

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO
This is my current set up that i use which has a basket screen in which i pack but there is a screen in the 18/14mm adapter,
IMG-1117.png
IMG-1118.png
IMG-1119.png

I haven't thought of packing it any way but using the basket screen but does sort of make sense packing the adapter, then use the spare 14mm wand straight to a bag, guessing i would have to use a lower temp as the bud would be closer to the heating element?

thanks
I love the rig. It's easier taking the balloon with WPA. Smooth, Strong.All Glass. - In my humble opinion.

rustypeb

I love the rig. It's easier taking the balloon with WPA. Smooth, Strong.All Glass. - In my humble opinion.

Thanks, nice and simple as i like it just fill the basket and use the bong, so for the balloon if i attach it to the spare 14mm wand the put the bud in the cyclone bowl and use the fan to fill? sounds simple enough just how i like it lol

Edit,

So have decided to have a quick go and the first go was quite successful, still have to get the temp and fan speed dialled in and think a basket screen just to stop the bud getting blown up in to the bag

IMG-1124.jpg
IMG-1125.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

daoist

I am using the herborizer whip on my extreme Q. i can tell you that is one sweet ride.
way better airflow. not sure if anyone else already posted this but i wanted to add that this is a good upgrade.

(see here: https://herborizer.com/en/bodies/24-suction-hose-188.html ).

the air is smoother too. it fits right into the 18.8mm bowl so all you need to do is put in a screen.
i wish i could find non metal screens for the EQ, than it would be the ultimate.

the herborizer SG19 M connector is a bit deeper than the orginal connector so it goes a bit ppast the black part of the bowl. maybe 2cm deeper or something. so probably works great for those looking for microdose solutions. (i still cramped .5gr in there but that is a tight fit).

Last edited:

daoist

does anyone know what ceramic or glass replacement screens are available?
something similar to this.: i dont like metal parts in my vapor path.
611pRmw8zRL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

torkwench13

Hello! So this morning I'm sitting here and I 'fire up' a bowl of ABV and my first and only hit was SUPER strong and somewhat nasty. I thought yuck and then my EQ starts beeping and the fan comes on all by itself. Also there was thick smelly smoke (not vapor) pouring out of the bowl! My ABV now looks like something I pulled out of the bottom of my BBQ! The display indicated error 5. Does anyone know what the heck error 5 means besides my EQ has gone crazy?

I bought it a long time ago when the new black chrome models were released and it is a silver chrome tone. I think it's at least 10 years old. I've had a funny feeling for some time now that something isn't quite right with it heater-wise and now I suspect the poor old machine is toast. I would really appreciate any advice or helpful pointers I can get! Thanks, linda

jerri

I think the extreme q is a fun vape for me it takes a little more weed and a little time for effects to kick in for me but we have a bag a whip you can add a bong its just a fun way to vape when you have some time like at my desk on my computer thats my take

Top Bottom