• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

stinkmeaner

My whole point is that people are estatic about the new look as if it has changed dramatically but when you compare the picture of the old and new version side by side they look almost identical. No offense to anyone who own one (I'm sure all the fanboys will jump on my comment) but it looks like a cheap tin can to me, always has. The old one has a real cheap feel to me hopefully this one feels more sturdy.

stinkmeaner,

Rocket J Squirrel

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the three temperature sensors. Which one is the microcontroller watching? Maybe he's got it watching them all, waiting until all three are reading close to the same temperature, making sure that the heat has reached where it needs to, indicating even heating throughout the air path or something. It would be most satisfying if it rang a chime at that moment.

Rocket J Squirrel,

Rocket J Squirrel

stinkmeaner said:
My whole point is that people are estatic about the new look as if it has changed dramatically but when you compare the picture of the old and new version side by side they look almost identical.
No argument there, my friend. The new metal finish is darker, that's probably the main visual difference.

I have not heard anyone rave about the "new look."

Rocket J Squirrel,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Rocket J Squirrel said:
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the three temperature sensors. Which one is the microcontroller watching? Maybe he's got it watching them all, waiting until all three are reading close to the same temperature, making sure that the heat has reached where it needs to, indicating even heating throughout the air path or something. It would be most satisfying if it rang a chime at that moment.
I gotta figure that the microcontroller is watching all three sensors simultaneously, and depending on which it gives more priority to, increases/decrease the heat increase, and/or increase/decreases the heat decresae (eh, maybe the fans switch on to cool faster....dunno).

Now that's a good idea; getting an audible signal. I like. A lot of people like to preheat, but don't want to burn their herb.

Tom

tdavie,

1percent

Retailer
Hello FC,

From the information I've reviewed looks like the changes are all solid improvements in functionality and reliability. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Have to add that the previous two models have been stars from the customer perspective. Nothing but praise and not even a single complaint. Looking forward to personally testing out the new Q.

Chris

1percent,

lwien

Wow Chris. I bought my Protopipe from you guys wayyyyy back when vaporizers weren't even on my radar. :)

Welcome.

lwien,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Welcome to the forum, Chris...and please don't take the following personally. But it seems that since you are the third member to come here and promote a website for this unit, I feel the need to reiterate some things from the rules.

1 -- Vape MANUFACTURERS are encouraged to come to the forum to start an offical thread for their vapes. They benefit from exposure as well as vapor community feedback, while the community benefits from a better understanding of vaporizers and vaporization.

2 -- Vape DISTRUBUTORS or RESELLERS are welcome to post specials and promotions here: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=171. They are also encouraged to mingle with the community and post and comment as a normal vaporizer user. However, tread lightly. Resellers have been called out for only talking up vapes that they sell and bashing those they don't, and it ain't pretty. Behaviour like that could result in a ban.

I can see why resellers would come to this thread to make themselves known since this thread was started by Rockwise and not Arizer. Therefore, I will clean up some of the posts to remove all promoting of resellers. Again, no hard feelings here as we appreciate your involvement.

stickstones,

1percent

Retailer
Thanks for the welcome lwien.

Apologize if any toes were stepped on stickstones. Only mentioned new ones to provide context. Will return to lurking now.

Chris

1percent,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Not at all, Chris. I'd rather see you more active!

This thread just started out wrong and felt like it was morphing into a marketing thread...that's all. I think it will all be good from here on out.

stickstones,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
If it wasn't for this thread, I would have been unaware if the Extreme-Q, and would have gone ahead and ordered the 'original' Extreme. Noise per se isn't really a factor to me. More and perhaps better placed heat sensors do matter because it makes it easier for me to replicate results (assuming that I write notes about what I'm doing). I plan on ordering one on Jan 15th, and unless anyone else has gone first, I'll report back on this thread.

Tom

tdavie,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Looking forward to your thoughts on it, tdavie. I'm also interested to hear from someone who has the old one as well. Maybe the older ones will be discounted soon and some good deals could be had there.

stickstones,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
It seems to me like the Q should stand for quality (including everything down to the quieter fan).

Is it safe to assume that all of the parts from the original extreme and the vtower will fit the Q (cyclone bow? spare heating element cover?).

I was also wondering if the Q is easier to open (less prone to stipped screws/trhreads), should one be interested in cleaning debris that may have entered the unit through the intake.

Thanks for your insight and best wishes with your efforts to help make quality vapes (like the ExtremeQ) more accessible for everyone. :D

Progress,

B.

War Criminal
any idea what this will do the price of the current extreme?

B.,

Mckdenton

I'm pretty sure they said they were going to stop production of the extreme?

Mckdenton,

B.

War Criminal
Even if they do, I doubt they will wait for every last regular extreme to sell out before they start selling the extreme Q. I can't imagine they would sell the new and improved version for the same price as the original.

modnote: normally that question would be fine, but it opens up the box I just closed in this thread, so please direct that question to the seller. All resellers are encouraged to post their pricing in the reseller thread.

B.,

stinkmeaner

Everyone looking to purchase the old Extreme model should wait a little bit and I bet they will pop up on ebay for cheap just like the Iolite did when they came out with the improved version.

stinkmeaner,

kilumenati

Interesting new unit indeed...
I really enjoy my Extreme, but the fan is damn noisy... Has anyone here replaced the fan on theirs?

I came across this thread http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=31439
I see those types of fans used to cool servers :o ...

I guess on the new Q they may have changed the design and allowed for a larger fan in the 60mm + range.

Wonder if they made any changes to the bowls, bag attachments, etc.

peace...

Ro

kilumenati,

LiquidDreams

VapeHead
modnote: post removed. please review the forum rules.
forum rules said:
Retailers are welcome to participate in the discussions as a normal member. However, advertising is only permitted in this thread and will not be tolerated elsewhere. If you're unsure, ask first.

LiquidDreams,

Rockwise

Rockwise
Retailer
All Arizer bowls and accessories are going to be the same sizes and ae compatible between units. As far as opening up the unit, I do not recommend that individuals try to do this as there is potential to damage components of the unit if it is taken apart in any fashion. This being the case, having done several repairs to Arizer Vaporizers I never really found it difficult to remove the bottom in order to clean the units out- a set of precision screw drivers and a bit of meticulous patience is necessary though. Regarding the original Extremes, they are no longer being produced and i believe that the stock distributors have currently (as well as some stock for any warranty issues) is the last of them.

No changes to the accessories have been made that I have noticed, other than that the power adapters are much more reliable, now designed specifically for the way the Extreme-Qs function.

Rockwise,

Konrad_Zuse

Rocket J Squirrel said:
Have you used it?
Yeah only Twice though :(. I honestly don't want to wait for another vape and not have the option of vaporizing, so I think I'll just keep it, probably if it got damaged, it would get replaced with the new version since this is probably going to be deactivated.

Konrad_Zuse,

Rocket J Squirrel

It starts to get weird for the manufacturer when customers use something then want to return it because something new has just come out. It's also weird for the customer to buy something, use it once or twice, then learn about the new version, like in your case.

The manufacturer doesn't want to kill sales of existing stock by pre-announcing the new version, unless his dealers were allowed to either discount the old ones to move them, or were allowed to return the unused old ones . . . in which case, what's the mfgr gonna do with them?

But a good designer is never satisfied. He's gonna keep tinkering and improving and sooner or later he'll have something he likes that he wants to introduce to the market.

If it's a significant break with the old design, like, say, a digital controller version while the old one is analog, and they can co-exist due to different price points, then that's not usually a problem. But an improved version that will be replacing an existing model always causes weirdnesses at release time. :peace:

Rocket J Squirrel,

stinkmeaner

Rocket J Squirrel said:
It starts to get weird for the manufacturer when customers use something then want to return it because something new has just come out. It's also weird for the customer to buy something, use it once or twice, then learn about the new version, like in your case.

The manufacturer doesn't want to kill sales of existing stock by pre-announcing the new version, unless his dealers were allowed to either discount the old ones to move them, or were allowed to return the unused old ones . . . in which case, what's the mfgr gonna do with them?

But a good designer is never satisfied. He's gonna keep tinkering and improving and sooner or later he'll have something he likes that he wants to introduce to the market.

If it's a significant break with the old design, like, say, a digital controller version while the old one is analog, and they can co-exist due to different price points, then that's not usually a problem. But an improved version that will be replacing an existing model always causes weirdnesses at release time. :peace:
It is not "weird" to want the newest design of a product that someone spent their hard earned money on. Many companies announce new models coming out and offer the old at discounted rates, it is an honest way of doing business.

Wouldn't you feel decieved if you bought a new car and a month later they redesign the model you just bought with all kinds of improvements?

I say you send the old model back and get the new one for the same price, get your money's worth bro. What Arizer should have done is announce that they were redesigning the Extreme and sold off the old ones with a discount and then introduce the new Extreme-Q, that would show integrity.

stinkmeaner,

Rocket J Squirrel

I'm sorry -- "weird" was a poor choice in words. I didn't mean that it was odd or strange or wrong, I meant that something that should be fun, like your new vape, suddenly becomes a questionable purchase. My bad, I wasn't writing well at all :(

I bought a new car once. Then they came out with a newer model the next season year.

Of course, we all expect car manufacturers to come out with new models every year. Vaporizers, maybe not so much.

Rocket J Squirrel,
Top Bottom