The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Why not make it a smart vape?

Grab a broadlink mini then your imagination is your limitation... Turn your vape on 10 mins before you return home based on Geo location of you like, and set the temp... replicate the super bag feature from the volcano hybrid, i.e. automatically temp step a bag fill with programmed pauses for the heater to ramp up. Etc etc...

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Why not make it a smart vape?

Grab a broadlink mini then your imagination is your limitation... Turn your vape on 10 mins before you return home based on Geo location of you like, and set the temp... replicate the super bag feature from the volcano hybrid, i.e. automatically temp step a bag fill with programmed pauses for the heater to ramp up. Etc etc...

Now you’re talking. Something like this hadn’t occurred to me. Thanks for your insight. I love the nerdy side of vapes. This is a prime example.

Nok21

You get 3 bags, from an elbow pack?

With the cyclone bowl and my own headshop found mod I’ve dubbed the “Jjmod”, yes.

I’m using medical Super A5, Mango Sapphire & Northern Hasplant- all strains above 21%, one is 23-24%.

I pack the elbow HARD. No mercy, I hold it in my palm and keep pressing with the back end of the stirring tool

With the stock Cyclone Bowl you must let it preheat for 15 minutes, above the temperature you want to vape at to preheat all the glass. Keep any adaptors in the cyclone bowl as it preheats, then reduce temperature to desired vape temp; add elbow screen and let sit 1 minute before hitting the fan.

My favorite temperatures so far are: 360*F, 370*F, 392*F, 420*F and even as high as 460*F with the cyclone bowl and my ddave esq adapter. Fan speed starts slow, and around 400+ I go up to speed 2/3, but never stay on speed 3 for too long.

The adapter is a -total- game changer. I found an 18mm to 18mm adapter made from thick local glass- Ddave’s mod or an 18mm-18mm will make this vape a beast.

I cut a fine SS coriander/strainer mesh for larger screens and topped it with a stock EQ screen to ensure nothing touches the heating element.

With that setup heatup/preheat time is almost non existant and I now use a small scoop to load it normally w/ the bucket screen used as a filter for the flower. The adapter turns the EQ into a machine!

I had a pipe cleaner wrapped around my EQ's short adapter acting as a handle, made it nice and easy to empty whilst it was still hot, which helped to keep the screen clean

I wrapped some super thin welding rod stock around my homemade Ddave mod to lift it when its hot.

Its not unbearibly hot to grab even at high temps but I may be bias to heat due to the welding.

That and I wrapped a slim wire tightly around a 3” pipe & twisted the ends into a loop to hold the stirring tool.

Edit: Didn’t mean to post twice in a row, if a mod could condense this into my above comment I’d appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
With the cyclone bowl and my own headshop found mod I’ve dubbed the “Jjmod”, yes.

I'm confused!? The @DDave mods replace the stock cyclone bowl. Are you saying you extract the same quantity, at the same speed / density with the cyclone bowl and your jjmod?

With the stock Cyclone Bowl you must let it preheat for 15 minutes, above the temperature you want to vape at to preheat all the glass. Keep any adaptors in the cyclone bowl as it preheats, then reduce temperature to desired vape temp; add elbow screen and let sit 1 minute before hitting the fan.

Good advice, I don't feel the need to preheat above your desired temp, I also NEVER let a loaded bowl heat soak. I agree, if you do you will get vapour faster which will make your first bag denser, however as I prefer direct draw, or through a water piece I rarely fill a bag. I prefer high temp fast extractions for the benefit of a strong hit and good flavour all at once.

The adapter is a -total- game changer. I found an 18mm to 18mm adapter made from thick local glass- Ddave’s mod or an 18mm-18mm will make this vape a beast.
I'm glad to hear you found a good one! I couldn't find anything locally that was a similar dimension, they were all too tall. For anyone unaware, the distance between the top and bottom male fitting is the real key here, minimising the distance between the heater and the herb. It's great that you're having fun with playing with these bits, it really improves your understanding of what's happening. I've been using an old eq elbow with some of the parts from @DDave complete kit v3, a halogen bulb, and a PSU to make a
Bud Eater v. 2.0 :D

I'm on version 6 or something at the moment lol

cindave

Just pulled the trigger on an EQ from Cream City Vapes. $109 shipped. Then ordered the14mm ultimate mod pack from @DDave because of all the reviews here. I had previously gotten the medium water wand, water pipe mod vapcap which elevated the dynavap experience significantly, so recognize elegant solutions when I see one.

Nok21

If using the cyclone bowl let all the glass heat up for 15 minutes at 392*F or so, then change to your desired temperature and add your herb.

Also try “Elbow packing” the screen, a lot of people prefer it to the cyclone chamber and it helps heat things up when its packed and against glass.

It makes the cyclone bowl -almost- as effective as @DDave mod or similar adapters if you can find them.

I’ve had a lot of vapes but the EQ is so far my favorite daily driver at home. Enjoy & read up on mods!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
@paulws88 Do you have the the old PVC or newer silicone tubing? You could always order directly from Arizer to be sure it’s OEM. I’ve ordered from their site before without problems. Ddave mods sells the good platinum cured medical grade stuff. @DDave ships fast. I’ve also had luck cautiously ordering tubing from eBay.

Agreed! My advice would be don't worry about OEM. Google platinum cured silicone hose and you'll have a million options. I can recommend @DDave hose, but I like to reinforce the ends with a few rings of thick walled silicone hose that has the same ID as the OD of the whip. Space the rings apart 10mm or so and say goodbye to kinked whips!

readyman

Agreed! My advice would be don't worry about OEM. Google platinum cured silicone hose and you'll have a million options. I can recommend @DDave hose, but I like to reinforce the ends with a few rings of thick walled silicone hose that has the same ID as the OD of the whip. Space the rings apart 10mm or so and say goodbye to kinked whips!
Can you clean the whips not sure of what kind I have it came when I bought it extreme q off amazon a few months back

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@readyman i believe there have been methods for cleaning whips discussed around here but from what I’ve gathered from research is that it just makes more sense to replace them when they get gross. Mine usually only get real dirty near the connection point. When they do I remove that part and shorten my whip until it can’t be shortened anymore.

readyman

@readyman i believe there have been methods for cleaning whips discussed around here but from what I’ve gathered from research is that it just makes more sense to replace them when they get gross. Mine usually only get real dirty near the connection point. When they do I remove that part and shorten my whip until it can’t be shortened anymore.
Thanks makes sense have a great weekend

Floydian

Can you clean the whips not sure of what kind I have it came when I bought it extreme q off amazon a few months back

The way I "clean" my whip, is by pushing a screw/bolt (head slightly larger diameter then the inside of the whip and round so it fit well) headfirst trough the tube.

kinda like Tesla's Hyperloop

and all that what comes out you can vape again

I hope you understand what I wrote since I realize i'm pretty high and it all makes sense to me, but not sure if it does for other people :p

readyman

The way I "clean" my whip, is by pushing a screw/bolt (head slightly larger diameter then the inside of the whip and round so it fit well) headfirst trough the tube.

kinda like Tesla's Hyperloop

and all that what comes out you can vape again

I hope you understand what I wrote since I realize i'm pretty high and it all makes sense to me, but not sure if it does for other people :p
I read you loud and clear Im about to go partake myself have a Great day

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
hi people,
i am in the "leaning phase" with my extreme :hmm:
it works ok but i miss the flavor - the only "flavor" i get is when i do really hot i get popcorn
what do i wrong?
thx
maybe your temp is to hot? What is really hot? Usually better flavors are found with lower temps.

With that being said my EQ does not produce the most flavorful vapor when compared to my other desktop convection vapes.

happynomoretobacco

maybe your temp is to hot? What is really hot? Usually better flavors are found with lower temps.

With that being said my EQ does not produce the most flavorful vapor when compared to my other desktop convection vapes.
Normally 200 Celsius with a ddave alike 18/18 Adapter in the balloon
Really hot means 250 with the original cyclonebowl

happynomoretobacco,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@happynomoretobacco at those temps in a ballon I wouldn’t expect to get much flavor. I’d expect dry popcorn hits. Though the full extraction should be doing the trick.

For flavor turn the temp down but you will loose the density of vapor you get at higher temps. You could split your session into two bags. First run a bag at 180c and a second at your higher temp. The first bag should taste better than the second.

I find temp stepping easier with the whip. You simply start low and as vapor drops off bump up your temp. I usually finish around 215c.

The Stray Fox,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

BestBuds

The Dude
Thx i will try but i am afraid that sucking an "empty" balloon feels weird :bang:
When I use the ddave adapter I set the temp to 370°f (380°f with the stock hurricane bowl) I let it heat up (fan off) with the bowl in it's place. I let it heat for about 5 minutes and then I will start to fill the bag. Make sure your herb is not packed down and it covers the entire bottom of the herb bowl. Start on fan speed 1 and see how it does.

Sometimes I will put it really low, like 340°f, let it preheat for 5 to 10 minutes and then when I start to fill the bag I'll bump the temp to 375 then 400 to finish the bag.

BestBuds,
Reactions: C No Ego
Top Bottom