The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have been trashed since I first tried The Gentleman. Trashed for days. The wands are so easy to use. I just clipped on the Direct Draw Mouthpiece, filled the basket, heated her up, and it was a Whoa- Nelly-Bar-The- Door, nope-it's- too-late -I'm-Super -High high pretty much since then. I've lost days. It's Thursday. This set up is ideal if you are older, infirm or just busy using your hands for other things. You don't have to hold a wand. You load the basket, or have your caregiver, roommate, spouse, lover et al load it for you, then all you do is Dip your head, Sip gently the Vapor, and watch while your skull is Ripped from your head. Dip. Sip. Rip. I took notes. Stupid notes.
Stoner notes.
The Dirty Pig kept me busy the next day, and he was dirty. The wand has a glass screen, and little bits of ABV get pulled into the wand. There are optional small screen baskets for the Direct Draw Mouthpiece, and I used one with mine. It wasn't strictly needed, but I was planning on going through a few baskets and wanted it covered. The small basket is far from the heat, and remains cool during use making it ideal for use with the glass screened Dirty Pig. At the end of the day, I put the Dirty Pig in a zip top snack bag with some salt, and shook it clean. In between times was a bit of a blur. There was a lot of just gently leaning over for a taste of vapor. I looked like one of those toy drinking birds.

Only it was weed, not water.
Still testing! Because I'm diligent and still miss deadlines!
After trying The Gentleman and The Dirty Pig, I decided to try them sharing the load. I coarsely ground my herb, and vaped until vaked. Later, I finely ground the herb/ABV mixture, then finished off with The Gentleman. Haha, I almost said cowboy. After that, balloon party! I hadn't done a balloon in awhile, but I sure did do it this time. I used a turkey bag -a preused turkey bag, and used the work-in-progress-fill-the -bag -option. It works great, but DDave says there maybe other additions to the bag operation in the future. I forgot how potent a bag can be, and if I hadn't wanted to try The Gentleman and The Dirty Pig with water, I'd be bagging it still.

This is the thing you always wanted, and never want to be without. This is a miraculous surprise. Innovative, flexible, and both utilitarian and sexxy. I've tried the Gentleman both with and without water. Total love without the whip. What freedom. What instant gratification. This is The This I've been waiting for. Just bend, kiss, sip. Truly hands free.

I love my Solo and Air. I do, but if I'm sitting next to my plugged in EQ I feel sheepish using a portable for no other reason than to avoid a whip. I don't dislike whips. I prefer them to bags. You can change up the length. They allow vapor space to cool. You can buy them in fun colors. As much as I'm pro whip, I don't want a whip all of the time. They often require more finesse than I am able and willing to muster. While not disposible, they aren't exactly long lived, and will end up in a landfill far longer than they were ever used. All glass is that leap to a pure air path and environmentally caring path.
What we have here is @DDave version of a log vape. Hands free and easy.

I can see if a person were elderly, infirm or unwell, that a spouse or caregiver could fill up a basket, set up the Arizer EQ in Gentleman position, and the patient would merely have to lean over to medicate. A person with Parkinson's, arthritis, or other ailment of hand or nerves, could easily use the Gentleman or The Dirty Pig. Equally as useful, a student need not put down her tablet, a gamer need not put down her controller, a viewer his remote. You wouldn't have to put down your sandwich, or chips. Bow and Boom! Just like that, Duck and Cover. Dip and Sip. So convenient. This is effortless stonerism at it's height.

Through water the Gentleman is Epic. Glass gleams, the whip coils, and you suddenly want beakers and Bunsen burners and a Stormy night. You have vapor distilling into a mad scientist's fevered dream. Throw in some tongs, and this is magic, alchemy and healing vapors with a laboratory set piece. The Gentleman mates beautifully with a waterpiece, without the kinking of the whip as from a straight wand. Bent is better, as it so often is.
Something about the Gentleman makes him a force to be reckoned with, and I'm in the reckoning stages. I don't feel hungover as much as still high. But then, the could be from trying out The Dirty Pig.
MAUI WOWIE work’s so well in da “Q”?

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
https://www.amazon.com/Glass-Tube-A...ocphy=9003651&hvtargid=pla-679105227482&psc=1
Pic of 18mm male to male

Does any one have ddaves concentration chamber. I just got one and i dont want to bother him again lol. Just curious if I need the shorter ddave bowl to use it. I have the stock one and the taller old one If any one knows or has tips lmk
The Concentration Chamber, when used with the EQ, definitely performs better with the shorter adapter.

(Preheat the adapter, but not the chamber).

Madrid

https://www.amazon.com/Glass-Tube-A...ocphy=9003651&hvtargid=pla-679105227482&psc=1
Pic of 18mm male to male

You have linked 14mm male to male as I read there, so it's 18 to 18 I guess, thanks!
Other question: I have read somewhere hydratube turbine is bet for flavour but in ChinaGlass I can't read turbine in any of hydratubes, is there any other name to say hydratube turbine there?

As I mentioned I ordered this:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/21cm-tall-glass-vapexhale-hydratube-with/395467902.html#ENpu-en

Sorry, You have linked 14mm male to male as I read there, so it's 18 to 18 I guess, thanks!
Other question: I have read somewhere hydratube turbine is bet for flavour but in ChinaGlass I can't read turbine in any of hydratubes, is there any other name to say hydratube turbine there?
As I mentioned I ordered this:

https://www.dhgate.com/product/21cm-tall-glass-vapexhale-hydratube-with/395467902.html#ENpu-en

cosimo

Hello fellow Extreme-Q and V-Tower users!

I was finally able to save enough to invest in a good portable vaporizer (and hopegully upgrade from the V-Tower)... which would you recommend that can give me the same or better/purer flavor than the V-Tower?

I've always wanted a Mighty, but I'm open to suggestions. I would note that several friends have the Fury 2, and iv'e tried all the portables from Arizer... didn't like them... they all had a little added flavor that didn't seem to come from the herbs. When i meet with my friends they all bring their portables with them but I always prefer to use my V-Tower if possible.

I don't mind if it's not stealthy, but i don't wan't to have to discard it once the battery is dead (that's why i'd prefer a Mighty over a Crafty).

Any input is welcome!

Coal Cracker

I was finally able to save enough to invest in a good portable vaporizer (and hopegully upgrade from the V-Tower)... which would you recommend that can give me the same or better/purer flavor than the V-Tower?

I've always wanted a Mighty, but I'm open to suggestions. I would note that several friends have the Fury 2, and iv'e tried all the portables from Arizer... didn't like them... they all had a little added flavor that didn't seem to come from the herbs. When i meet with my friends they all bring their portables with them but I always prefer to use my V-Tower if possible.

I don't mind if it's not stealthy, but i don't wan't to have to discard it once the battery is dead (that's why i'd prefer a Mighty over a Crafty).

Any input is welcome!
Without a doubt a sticky brick! The junior, runt or OG....u can't go wrong. I haven't touched my EQ with the ddave setup or my other arizer products since

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Any input is welcome!
Dude!
Taste?
Effect?

Q = Decent

Altreac

Newb Vaper
You're confusing yourself a bit I think @Madrid

It is 18 millimeter, but 18 mm male that it looks like you're talking about.

Just search on Google for:

18 mm male to 18 mm male glass adapter.

18mm m/m adapter would probably work too.

You need to specify your joint sizes AND genders in your search.

You can find 'almost' any adapter.

18mm F/14mm M and other combinations of joint size and genders exist, so you have to be a little specific in your search.

Hopefully that helps a bit.

(Looks like I was slow... Lol)

Madrid

You're confusing yourself a bit I think @Madrid

It is 18 millimeter, but 18 mm male that it looks like you're talking about.

Just search on Google for:

18 mm male to 18 mm male glass adapter.

18mm m/m adapter would probably work too.

You need to specify your joint sizes AND genders in your search.

You can find 'almost' any adapter.

18mm F/14mm M and other combinations of joint size and genders exist, so you have to be a little specific in your search.

Hopefully that helps a bit.

(Looks like I was slow... Lol)

It helps me a lot @Altreac, I got confused a lot with this thing about gender and mm size since I had my EQ 3 years ago.
I already ordered 18mm to 18mm adapter. I have just received the hydratube but I can't use it:bang:

Then I got this on mind: I'm very proud of having big clouds microdosing with elbow pack plus @DDave mod. Is there any way of microdosing with this new configuration and get such amount of vapor?:huh:

Altreac

Newb Vaper
It helps me a lot @Altreac, I got confused a lot with this thing about gender and mm size since I had my EQ 3 years ago.
I already ordered 18mm to 18mm adapter. I have just received the hydratube but I can't use it:bang:

Then I got this on mind: I'm very proud of having big clouds microdosing with elbow pack plus @DDave mod. Is there any way of microdosing with this new configuration and get such amount of vapor?:huh:

I don't personally have any experience with the Hydratubes.

From my understanding this is what needs to happen:

You need to be able to connect your hydratube, holding a supply of product close enough to your heat source for it to vaporize.

So depending on where your hydratube holds it's product, you may need something like an 18F/18M into your tube. But that is if your tube holds it's product in a basket screen at the bottom of the hydratube itself.
That way, you have the minimum path between heat and product. But again, I have zero experience with Hydratubes.

I don't know the exact specifics.

You need to buy the adapter that lets you bring your product closest to the heater with the minimum of components between, while maintaining the proper connection genders.

Regarding microdosing:

You really need to get a feel for your kit before you can microdose effectively. You need to understand the nuances of your device. Heat soak time. The responsiveness of your bowls etc to the heat.
Then you can start refining your technique.

The DDave kit gives you the tools to do this effectively. Especially with the 18m/14m kit. They're really designed for microdosing.

He has videos on his channel about complete extraction of product in 1 hit.

Ultimately, the max size of your clouds is proportional to product used, when technique is no longer a primary factor.

If your technique is good, you can achieve complete extraction of a wide product volume range, but it is ultimately limited to the quality and volume of your product.

I.E. Even if you're using really good bud, if you don't put enough in, you're not going to get huge clouds.

You can get great cloud per product ratio and effectiveness, but if you're chasing huge hits, it comes at the cost of product.

Madrid

I don't personally have any experience with the Hydratubes.

From my understanding this is what needs to happen:

You need to be able to connect your hydratube, holding a supply of product close enough to your heat source for it to vaporize.

So depending on where your hydratube holds it's product, you may need something like an 18F/18M into your tube. But that is if your tube holds it's product in a basket screen at the bottom of the hydratube itself.
That way, you have the minimum path between heat and product. But again, I have zero experience with Hydratubes.

I don't know the exact specifics.

You need to buy the adapter that lets you bring your product closest to the heater with the minimum of components between, while maintaining the proper connection genders.

Regarding microdosing:

You really need to get a feel for your kit before you can microdose effectively. You need to understand the nuances of your device. Heat soak time. The responsiveness of your bowls etc to the heat.
Then you can start refining your technique.

The DDave kit gives you the tools to do this effectively. Especially with the 18m/14m kit. They're really designed for microdosing.

He has videos on his channel about complete extraction of product in 1 hit.

Ultimately, the max size of your clouds is proportional to product used, when technique is no longer a primary factor.

If your technique is good, you can achieve complete extraction of a wide product volume range, but it is ultimately limited to the quality and volume of your product.

I.E. Even if you're using really good bud, if you don't put enough in, you're not going to get huge clouds.

You can get great cloud per product ratio and effectiveness, but if you're chasing huge hits, it comes at the cost of product.
Hi there,
Everyhing's fine. I got 18mm male adapter where I put the basket with the stuff as same as elbow packing.It fits in @DDave mod adapter.I put around 0.05g and I get three good hits. with massive cool clouds. Otherwise 0.1gr around five hits
The taste is amazing, it took me to 2000's when I vaped my first and the only time a Verdamper in his Amsterdam coffeshop.
It makes a big tasty difference a full glass EQ instead of using the hose

DogDad

My Eq is running HOT even though it's set low it still wants to go to 500* I think.

It's been working fine and the top always stayed pretty cool but now the whole top get too hot to touch.

Is there any way to master reset this unit or any tips for fixing this problem?

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
My Eq is running HOT even though it's set low it still wants to go to 500* I think.

It's been working fine and the top always stayed pretty cool but now the whole top get too hot to touch.

Is there any way to master reset this unit or any tips for fixing this problem?
Greetings friend,. Are you saying that if you set your EQ to 100, that it keeps heating till it displays 500?

Regardless, contact Arizer for advice. They've been very responsive to any of my past inquiries.

DogDad

Greetings friend,. Are you saying that if you set your EQ to 100, that it keeps heating till it displays 500?

Regardless, contact Arizer for advice. They've been very responsive to any of my past inquiries.

Thanks Dave. I set it on 377 for example and it heats to 377 and holds there according to the dial but i know it's much hotter because it burns the herb dark brown. I've had this vape for a few years and 377 has never burned herb like this unless I'm higher than 377 and it's producing mega clouds at 377 which isn't normal. All signs point to the temp being higher than the display.

I have sent an email to Arizer but thought I would ask here at FC for a quick fix if possible.

Update: Arizer responded fast and said:

If there is no error code displayed on the LCD and the unit's internal alarm is not beeping it is unlikely there is an issue with the unit itself.

You can try cleaning out the inside of your unit, which may fix the problem. To clean out the inside of your unit, unplug it, and remove the four rubber feet and four screws from the base plate. Remove the base plate, and carefully dust off the circuit boards with canned air (available at most computer and electronics stores).
Can you send us a digital photograph of the heating element in your unit from above?
After you have tried these things, if the problem persists please provide me with the following information:
  • your full name, current shipping address, & telephone number
  • the serial number on the bottom of your unit
  • the output power specifications listed on the power adapter
  • a copy of your sales receipt or other dated proof of purchase*
*As the warranty is limited we will need to see some dated proof of purchase documentation in order to process a warranty claim. If you do not have the original receipt, perhaps you can provide some other documentation such as a purchase confirmation email, or a PayPal, bank or credit card statement from which the transaction and the purchase date can be verified.
Once I receive this information I can advise you further.
Best Regards,
Andrew
Arizer Tech
Service@Arizer.com

So, I took the bottom off of the EQ and about 1/2 oz of avb hit the counter. I blew it out good with compressed air, put it back together and I "think" that has fixed my issue. Time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Thanks Dave.
Gladly!
Arizer responded fast
Glad to see this level of support hasn't changed!
I took the bottom off of the EQ and about 1/2 oz of avb hit the counter.

My friend, glad to hear the problem may be fixed. However, to avoid this from reoccuring, advise looking into herb loading spoons, funnels, etc to keep the internals of that EQ clean.

:rockon:

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
My EQ bit the dust after 7 years, so I bought a new one. Glad I did. I ran out of weed, but I always save my ABV; so I'm not really out. I turn the unit up to max, but don't use the fan above medium. I have combusted ABV on the high fan setting, so I don't do that any more. Better than nothing. Waiting for harvest time is hard.

Floydian

Hello everyone,
just wanted to say that the EQ is a extremely satisfying machine.
I caught myself many times just staring at that machine and shaking my head in disbelief

I mean i got a Solo and Solo II so i was used to vaping.
But this balloon thing with the extreme...
I smoked weed for 32 years, but never in my life did I reach the heights that this thing takes me.

it's good to be here

Mkschrr

Hi. This is my first post on this forum.

Last week I picked up an Arizer Extreme Q on Amazon for $110. Legit new product, original box and accessories. So, I think I got a good deal and now I'll spend my savings on a complete ddave mod kit.

I'm a 60's stoner that quit with family and job responsibilities. I'm retired and smoke regularly now for pain and for fun, usually at home. A couple years ago I bought a cheap portable and was less than impressed. This EQ has been an eye-opener for me - I see the potential!!

I'm not into tinkering with equipment. Please feel free to suggest simple, simple, simple tweaks or essential add-ons. I'm also looking at a Vapcap M.

THANKS EVERYONE!

BestBuds

The Dude
Hi. This is my first post on this forum.

Last week I picked up an Arizer Extreme Q on Amazon for $110. Legit new product, original box and accessories. So, I think I got a good deal and now I'll spend my savings on a complete ddave mod kit.

I'm a 60's stoner that quit with family and job responsibilities. I'm retired and smoke regularly now for pain and for fun, usually at home. A couple years ago I bought a cheap portable and was less than impressed. This EQ has been an eye-opener for me - I see the potential!!

I'm not into tinkering with equipment. Please feel free to suggest simple, simple, simple tweaks or essential add-ons. I'm also looking at a Vapcap M.

THANKS EVERYONE!
Congrats on the EQ! I have done the same as you but I am 36. :brow:

I suggest looking into the DDave modifications made for the extreme q (EQ) the bowl alone is worth getting because it gets your herb much closer to the heater than the stock one.
What you can do now tho is take your hurricane bowl where you put your herb. You see that glass ring ledge that holds your screen up? Take your screen out, and make sure you are some place that you don't mind glass chips getting everywhere. Now take a small flat head screwdriver and, using a gloved hand to hold the hurricane bowl, use the flathead to slowly and gently chip out that glass ring. You only need a little lip to hold the screen in place not the big restrictive ring that comes stock. Make sure you wash this well to get all the glass dust off.
Now you can enjoy a more full and even extraction of your sweet bud without stirring until that DDave mod comes in!

I have also been experimenting with using another screen to sandwich the herb holding it down and out of the elbow basket screen.

Mkschrr

Congrats on the EQ! I have done the same as you but I am 36. :brow:

I suggest looking into the DDave modifications made for the extreme q (EQ) the bowl alone is worth getting because it gets your herb much closer to the heater than the stock one.
What you can do now tho is take your hurricane bowl where you put your herb. You see that glass ring ledge that holds your screen up? Take your screen out, and make sure you are some place that you don't mind glass chips getting everywhere. Now take a small flat head screwdriver and, using a gloved hand to hold the hurricane bowl, use the flathead to slowly and gently chip out that glass ring. You only need a little lip to hold the screen in place not the big restrictive ring that comes stock. Make sure you wash this well to get all the glass dust off.
Now you can enjoy a more full and even extraction of your sweet bud without stirring until that DDave mod comes in!

I have also been experimenting with using another screen to sandwich the herb holding it down and out of the elbow basket screen.

Thanks for the tips! I see how this could become a hobby (other than getting high).

Treeburner

Hello all and long time no see! I just recently got back into vaping lately and resurrected my Extreme Q with DDave mod with the intention of both my wife and I using it, me for regular bud and her for hemp bud. I bought the DDave bag mod and we've both been using the bags lately and I find I much prefer it to using the whip into a bong. I don't know if its because I've recently switched to using hemp bud during the day and don't vape the real stuff until after work, but I can't remember ever getting this high consistently every day. I never cared much for the bags with the unmodded EQ, but obviously the DDave mod makes a huge difference!

Mkschrr

Hello all and long time no see! I just recently got back into vaping lately and resurrected my Extreme Q with DDave mod with the intention of both my wife and I using it, me for regular bud and her for hemp bud. I bought the DDave bag mod and we've both been using the bags lately and I find I much prefer it to using the whip into a bong. I don't know if its because I've recently switched to using hemp bud during the day and don't vape the real stuff until after work, but I can't remember ever getting this high consistently every day. I never cared much for the bags with the unmodded EQ, but obviously the DDave mod makes a huge difference!

I got my EQ a couple weeks ago, but have mostly let it sit until I decided which ddave mod kit I wanted. I ordered, had second thoughts, cancelled the order and finally, today, I ordered a complete ddave kit with more pieces than I'll probably ever need. But, hey - hopefully I'm covered now and can play with my new toys in a few days. Thanks, ddave for navigating me through a senior moment or two. I'll have more, so thanks in advance. I'll be in touch

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I

I got my EQ a couple weeks ago, but have mostly let it sit until I decided whichddave mod kit I wanted. I ordered, had second thoughts, cancelled the order and finally, today, I ordered a complete ddave kit with more pieces than I'll probably ever need. But, hey - hopefully I'm covered now and can play with my new toys in a few days. Thanks, ddave for navigating me through a senior moment or two. I'll have more, so thanks in advance for that
@Mkschrr, no problem, glad to help.. (and look forward to further correspondence).

(I've had many come back to me over the years informing how they were able to get by using those unused adapters as backups, when they accidentally broke their main go-to kit pieces...)

Enjoy!
DDave

@Treeburner welcome back!

I, as well, never cared much for bags. Then to answer many requests for bag support, developed the Direct Draw mod pieces. Them, along with 8x16 cooking bags (think microdosing bags!), and I'M A BELIEVER!

Glad to hear you're enjoying them as much as I am.

Have either you or your wife tried inhaling those bags through a water pipe? The bag glass of the kit will connect directly to a female 14 mm water pipe and the experience is even more amazing!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom