Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoldenBud

just wanted to say, I have no idea why this vape doesn't get more attention. I've got it wrapped up in one of my old newvape 16mm coils and filled about halfway with boro balls, and now it's one of the best desktop setups I have ever used. using an 18mm--14mm adapter as my bowl, putting the screen about halfway up the ground joint. honestly I use it just like my old flowerpot setup and it functions just about the same, but tastes better.

I guess people are worried about breaking heaters? I think the concern may be overblown. I've got mine sitting pretty snug inside the coil and used daily for about a month. I leave it on for hours. I guess time will tell. loving it now
many people brought it since the 55$ version. it's a great desktop for sure. not everybody can handle the clouds, extracting 0.15g in 2 hits for me took me higher than anticipated. I think many people who are seeking for Glass Symphony XLR (RIP) will be satisfied with this vape. most of them atleast.
the GS was the beast of the beast even for 0.1g or so.

GoldenBud

you can microdose with the elev8r

.03 or .05

works just as well if not better since you dont have to shake/stir it like a .3
i microdosed each session since start using it (around 0.07g which needs 2 stirrings but 20s each time, going too much can combust), but tried 0.15g for the first time and it really lifted me in a different way, it looked like an almost coffee color ABV but not nearly combustion and I could take another hit from it basically because the other layers looked good
and thanks @Tweakz for the method - 40/45 seconds of heating with a big torch (40s if going slowest as you can)
and then each stir 20s of reheating

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
Reactions: Tweakz

D3m0nFlare

Unggoy Terrorizer
I am getting one in the mail today and thought i would see how to use the thing. I noticed after trying to read from the being of this tread people talking about bigger torch lighters. Does a tri-torch not work? Also any tips would be help full :)

D3m0nFlare,

thunderstealer1337

You really need a big flame, doesn't matter how many jets, I've seen a triple jet have a flame like a 6" lightsaber, spin the elev8r and I tried to saturate the heat on the nipples a lil longer, get a enail and you can dial it up/down for terpy or to cash the bowl

GoldenBud

I am getting one in the mail today and thought i would see how to use the thing. I noticed after trying to read from the being of this tread people talking about bigger torch lighters. Does a tri-torch not work? Also any tips would be help full :)
it works with 2 small torches in the same time, 50 seconds or even 55, when each torch is directed at another "nipple", and you make sure all the 4 nipples are hot... it worked for me when I didn't have the big one.

**make sure the ELEV8R is stable when doing this.... let it stand on the bubbler all the heating proccess....

D3m0nFlare

Unggoy Terrorizer
it works with 2 small torches in the same time, 50 seconds or even 55, when each torch is directed at another "nipple", and you make sure all the 4 nipples are hot... it worked for me when I didn't have the big one.

**make sure the ELEV8R is stable when doing this.... let it stand on the bubbler all the heating proccess....
Thanks! :cheers: i was getting better results with what thunder said, but i guess my torch is too portable and needed the two for 55 for that "wow" hit. Ordering a bigger torch, still hit pretty well as awkward as it is to burn yourself with a lighter and continue to point them at each other. Kinda reminds me of the Vapman, but in glass with a bigger bowl.

D3m0nFlare,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

I've got white spots (fully combusted organic materials probably?) on my quartz heater. how to fully remove it? 70% ethanol solution is fine. over night or 1 hour is enough?

GoldenBud,

curiouscat

I've got white spots (fully combusted organic materials probably?) on my quartz heater. how to fully remove it? 70% ethanol solution is fine. over night or 1 hour is enough?

I would probably try the classic salt and alcohol shake and if that doesn't work then soak overnight in alcohol and try again.

curiouscat,

CaptVapor

I'm thinking about adding the elev8r to my collection, if going for one of Sneaky Pete's globes is there a preference for one over the other? I like the size of original (smaller) one but someone mentioned the mega globe working out better for vapes that have a wide open draw (presumably like the elev8r)

CaptVapor,

GoldenBud

I'm thinking about adding the elev8r to my collection, if going for one of Sneaky Pete's globes is there a preference for one over the other? I like the size of original (smaller) one but someone mentioned the mega globe working out better for vapes that have a wide open draw (presumably like the elev8r)
I think with both bubblers your nose will be safe from getting hot. I'm using some bubbler which if I wear my glasses, they can be too close to the heater. that's why I ordered some extender to these bubbler, and most of my session I'm with contact lenses so it's all fine....depends how much gap there's between you and the heater...

GoldenBud,

D3m0nFlare

Unggoy Terrorizer
I don't have the small globe, but i got the UFO for the elev8r and it was pretty restrictive, so i could see why people recommend the large one. Both work, but for larger bowls i use a bigger water piece now.

D3m0nFlare,
Reactions: CaptVapor

SquirrelMaster

I can't speak to those pieces but I really like my DHGate 18mm Mobius Matrix Sidecar for my Elev8r with it's wide open flow. When I first bought it last year I wasn't a fan at first as it was too wide open feeling for most of my vapes and I preferred to stick with a smaller piece. With the Elev8r it works really well and combined with the level bowl I feel the safest using that piece with the weight of the coil attached. If I was going to buy a bong from sneaky pete I would lean towards the C-250 for it's larger size but for the cost I'd go DHGate for half the price with a nice stable base. Glass99 is who I used. If you're not using an e-nail then stability won't be as big of a factor but it's still nice to have imo.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Cheebsy

curiouscat

I don't have the small globe, but i got the UFO for the elev8r and it was pretty restrictive, so i could see why people recommend the large one. Both work, but for larger bowls i use a bigger water piece now.

I just wanted to say I had a different experience with the Elev8r paired with the UFO. If were talking about the FC-UFO off DHGate then I found it perfect for the Elev8r and it maintains a very open airflow, I love just sitting back with the whip and milking it up with the Elev8r. Definitely would recommend one over the globes for the price.

Edit: Sorry I realised that @D3m0nFlare is probably talking about the "UFO Pipe" off of the sneaky pete store.

Last edited:

curiouscat

So my coil and Disorderly Conduction controller arrived from @VGOODIEZ today and boy does it hit hard!

It was tough to squeeze my boro heater into the 16mm coil since it was stretched for the quartz heater and the boro heater is slightly larger in diameter and more cylindrical in shape but with some elbow grease I managed. My fingers are a bit sore but I'm very happy with the snug fit.

It easily stacks up to my mates flowerpot vrod and I haven't even put any beads in yet. Definitely nowhere near as elegant though. I decided to have my first hit at 600 and it almost combusted. Decided to dial it down to 560 and it was great, had to slow my draw a bit but it white walls my pieces easily and quickly. I think I will add beads sometime down the line just to add a bit of draw restriction and turbulence to the air.

Last edited:

kimura

I think the beads do quite a bit more than add restriction and turbulence. After filling almost halfway with boro beads I was able to lower my temps by about 120*F and get even better performance.

it’s also an incredible microdoser. I don’t need to cover the screen with this thing to get a great hit.

this setup retired my FP SH which I enjoyed for years

curiouscat

I think the beads do quite a bit more than add restriction and turbulence. After filling almost halfway with boro beads I was able to lower my temps by about 120*F and get even better performance.

it’s also an incredible microdoser. I don’t need to cover the screen with this thing to get a great hit.

Nice! I've already got some 4mm quartz terp pearls on the way so I'm looking forward to being able to run things at a lower temp.

What's everyone using as a stand in between hits? I got the Errlectric stand with my coil but I just felt it wasn't safe enough so I resorted to a mug. The mug does get very hot but I put a mood mat underneath that and it seems to work great.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer

@curiouscat Thx for your support! I didn't know you had a boro heater. I would have accounted for that! I have a few myself for personal use.

I have experimented lightly with the beads. I was able to lower my temps as well without noticable performance impact. I am looking for a good source to buy in bulk and I will likely build kits with it moving forward.

There are arguably better performers in the heavy arena but certainly not at this price point. And yeah the elegance suffers for sure but you forget all that as you exhale that tasty huge rip!

curiouscat

So I installed the quartz heater + two 8mm quartz terps pearls while I wait for the 4mm ones to arrive and it's working well. I prefer the smooth joint on the quartz heater and it sits deeper in the joint of the bowl compared to the boro one so it seems to be more secure too. I honestly did not detect any flavour differences between the boro and quartz heaters but perhaps it's different with torch use?

I felt like it's more natural to have the handle toward the air intake end of the heater especially after adding the terp pearls which also add a nice bit of weight to it. Looking forward to the extra thermal mass when the 4mm pearls arrive.

SquirrelMaster

So I installed the quartz heater + two 8mm quartz terps pearls while I wait for the 4mm ones to arrive and it's working well. I prefer the smooth joint on the quartz heater and it sits deeper in the joint of the bowl compared to the boro one so it seems to be more secure too. I honestly did not detect any flavour differences between the boro and quartz heaters but perhaps it's different with torch use?

I felt like it's more natural to have the handle toward the air intake end of the heater especially after adding the terp pearls which also add a nice bit of weight to it. Looking forward to the extra thermal mass when the 4mm pearls arrive.
I like your holder for the coil, is that just a regular ceramic cup on top of a trivet? I'm always juggling my e-nail when dumping the ABV or filling with the flower, that looks much safer. :tup:

SquirrelMaster,

curiouscat

I like your holder for the coil, is that just a regular ceramic cup on top of a trivet? I'm always juggling my e-nail when dumping the ABV or filling with the flower, that looks much safer. :tup:

Yep it's a clay cup that my girlfriend made and painted which adds to the charm, it was a defective one that sat unused since there are some imperfections in the paint so I thought I may as well put it to use. I got the idea from a mate who uses a regular coffee mug as a stand for his Flowerpot Vrod.

The thing lining the bottom is a moodmat used as a trivet and it works great since the cup does get super hot at the bottom. :)

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
So I received my elev8r from vapefiend on Wednesday. Thanks to the last 20 or so pages I was able to get it going well pretty quickly after a couple of combustion events.

The extraction speed and flavour have really surprised me, I'm hooked.

I was a little disappointed to discover that I was sent the glass screen version. I have only used the wand so far, I like dry hits, and I think the glass screen might help with cooling because the vapour is surprisingly comfortable. There is a small rim 3 or 4mm up from the glass screen to wedge a as screen under so it works ok. I don't know if I should contact George to see if I can swap the kit for the standard version or not. Anyone have any thoughts?

Really need to research email controllers in the UK, and have another look for affordable balls :rofl:

MedicinalMonkeyWrench

So I received my elev8r from vapefiend on Wednesday. Thanks to the last 20 or so pages I was able to get it going well pretty quickly after a couple of combustion events.

The extraction speed and flavour have really surprised me, I'm hooked.

I was a little disappointed to discover that I was sent the glass screen version. I have only used the wand so far, I like dry hits, and I think the glass screen might help with cooling because the vapour is surprisingly comfortable. There is a small rim 3 or 4mm up from the glass screen to wedge a as screen under so it works ok. I don't know if I should contact George to see if I can swap the kit for the standard version or not. Anyone have any thoughts?

Really need to research email controllers in the UK, and have another look for affordable balls :rofl:
I too was disappointment to receive the glass screen version from Vapefiend. I thought I'd made a mistake and ordered the wrong one but going back to the website it does say all glass.

I ordered just the rig kit and received the glass screen version. It looks like you've ordered the full kit and received the same. I don't think they have any of the standard version.

I've been placing a concave SS screen as far down as it will go, so it's touching the glass screen. It seems to work well, but this is the only way I've tried it so maybe there is a better way.

recommendedvapesupplies.co.uk has a selection of ruby and sic balls in various sizes at £2 each. Maybe they would do a deal on larger quantities.

I love my Elev8r, it takes me to a another level.

MedicinalMonkeyWrench,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Thanks for the reply @MedicinalMonkeyWrench 👍

My screen setup sounds identical to yours, albeit in the wand instead of the bowl. It works ok but I don't like the screen touching the glass screen even if it still seems to work well. I do have a 14/18 adapter that I use as a for my home made halo misty budeater so that's not an issue really but I think the load size will be smaller.

Great shout with recommendedvapesupplies, thanks very much for the info. I'll send them an email to see what they have to say.

Top Bottom