• Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alexis

Interesting Alexis!
Sounds like what I was saying previously that the torched thermal curve which is constantly cooling down may be smoother for you.

From one sensitive vaporist to another, I truly recommend trying a hair straightener and squishing a nug into rosin. Then get a quartz banger off the 'Gate to run from one of these PID controllers you have.
None of that harsh convective air.
Haha I was actually expecting you to offer a few thoughts any minute now! Which I welcome warmly.
My main thought was possibly the sheer amount of hot air I am inhaling with the coil.
With the torch I spend very little time actually inhaling. Far more time holding and re-breathing.

Thr coil doesn't extract as quickly and I take more and longer draws. This may be relevant.
I am open to your theory. I did naturally think about the thermal curve, specifically how it starts highest like the Vapcap.

Normally a downside in my mind but maybe it plays to how the Elev8r works and there is some equlibrium where the initial high heat gets the extraction going strong and then levels out to keep it from overboiling but still a fast rate?

You have the far more inventive and adept mind and knowledge/experience base than I for these topics though to get anywhere near to base on what is really going on.

And yes I am keen on delving into the Rosin world. If I give up the coil, I will sell the Auber with it to get the Herbo sooner. Which would help a lot actually. Just getting through today for now, so glaf to have gotten this virus WAY WAY down since yesterday after another brutal week.
Thabks for the thoughts dude, have a nice chilled sunday night. Im about to manage after food mucus (not too bad this moment) and get serious about some vapor. It will be the torch however.:tup:

disGRUNTled

Nice double IPA, cherry cookies in the ELEV8R listening to Vado & Dave East collab. Pacers vs Cavs on the TV.
nu7j0zX.jpg

WKxwvB4.jpg

Upxa671.jpg

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Yo that looks like my kind of beer. I'll be hitting the V8r in order to get to sleep at a reasonable hour tonight. I've got a Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing to sip on while I unwind.
I don't use the wand very often, cause my throat tickles when I use it. It works really well with my VC. though.

disGRUNTled

Yo that looks like my kind of beer. I'll be hitting the V8r in order to get to sleep at a reasonable hour tonight. I've got a Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing to sip on while I unwind.
I don't use the wand very often, cause my throat tickles when I use it. It works really well with my VC. though.
Yeah mang, this brewery Southern Swells is killing the local IPA game I pick up most of their can releases moved on to this one(pic below).I have been enjoying using it with the torch I also have a couple of Sticky Bricks so I have mastered the low temp torch game as I prioritize flavor.I also have a bitch throat I typically use a lot of glass .But all my butane vapes have been very smooth and enjoyable.
Fl8ltB1.jpg

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
My second heater cracked, but is still usable. Am I the only one with such delicate glass? I never overheated, only point already running flame at the heater (to avoid spraying it with cold gas if the ignition fails), I never dropped it and always use it sitting at a table. No weird stuff involved.
I ordered new ones but I wonder how the average life expectancy is. My results
1st Heater: ~40 sessions
2nd Heater: 60-90 sessions

Any stats on the average durability yet?

LabPong

My second heater cracked, but is still usable. Am I the only one with such delicate glass? I never overheated, only point already running flame at the heater (to avoid spraying it with cold gas if the ignition fails), I never dropped it and always use it sitting at a table. No weird stuff involved.
I ordered new ones but I wonder how the average life expectancy is. My results
1st Heater: ~40 sessions
2nd Heater: 60-90 sessions

Any stats on the average durability yet?

You should let 7th floor know...they should replace them. There were reports of the glass heater cracking with normal use and I recall 7th floor said they would replace them. They have been trying to make a better one since this came out. Not sure where they are with that possibility yet.

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
You should let 7th floor know...they should replace them. There were reports of the glass heater cracking with normal use and I recall 7th floor said they would replace them. They have been trying to make a better one since this came out. Not sure where they are with that possibility yet.

Yes I have written them and asked for their estimation of durability. The outcome will probably determine my usage as it is, I currently spend more money on the heaters than the herb (pretty cheap here atm). I still love the elev8r but would constrain the usage to weekends or special occasions and would not recommend it to new users that emphatically as the maintenance cost would be too high.

Schroedinger,
Reactions: BigJr48

LabPong

Yes I have written them and asked for their estimation of durability. The outcome will probably determine my usage as it is, I currently spend more money on the heaters than the herb (pretty cheap here atm). I still love the elev8r but would constrain the usage to weekends or special occasions and would not recommend it to new users that emphatically as the maintenance cost would be too high.

I would not hold any expectations of these hand made glass heaters of being close to consistent of build quality and life span. It is like that of "all wood is not equal". Being that you have minor tolerances of the raw glass, then add these are being made by hand and the quality from one to the next may only be very slight if much at all...(and undetectable from the human eye).

That said, I have used my 1 main heater pretty hard with a large torch and also with a coil. It has not had any issues so far. The second one I have is rarely used yet.

Alexis

Your experience sounds unfortunate but is unusual and no way I think can you generalise in this sense, in terms of predicted life expectancy of the heater, durability for a set number of sessions.

My heater is solid as a rock. I even knocked it onto the laminate kitchen floor yesterday no damage at all. Im honestly not the tiniest bit fearful that it is almost at the end of it's expiry, or that it is going to crack any day from being torched. It will break when I am clumsy enough to really bonk it hard one day.

So I dont know why your heaters have broke. Likely just an unlucky coincidence. But hey dont give up with the mistaken belief IMO that this is just a trade off that has to be accepted as inevitable collateral in order to enjoy this vape on an ongoing basis.

I mean you should not feel like you need to limit how often you use it so to make it more affordable to kerp buying new heaters. This just isn't the right way to see it. There is no correlation between usage level and heater longevity as long as the heater is structurally sound to begin with.

So I say you have just been unlucky, but hopefully 7th Floor will hook you up.
Golly Im struggling to express simple sense, and you can probably guess why. Yep, yesterday's Elev8ing! :freak:

Alexis,

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
@Alexis let's hope so. However, the crack pattern was very similar in both: a straight crack directly along the heater. It also appeared after I set it down on the table to cool down. When I wanted to use it the next time, I saw the crack.
I further think that this vape gives me a top notch (if not the best) vaping experience. However, when the second heater broke on 4/20 (of all days), I started pondering if I underestimated follow up costs (2 heaters in 2.5 months). For my vaponic+ the outer glass tube usually holds up for 6 months and only breaks after misuse (dropping it) -- and it costs only ~3€.

Alexis

@Alexis let's hope so. However, the crack pattern was very similar in both: a straight crack directly along the heater. It also appeared after I set it down on the table to cool down. When I wanted to use it the next time, I saw the crack.
I further think that this vape gives me a top notch (if not the best) vaping experience. However, when the second heater broke on 4/20 (of all days), I started pondering if I underestimated follow up costs (2 heaters in 2.5 months). For my vaponic+ the outer glass tube usually holds up for 6 months and only breaks after misuse (dropping it) -- and it costs only ~3€.
I hear you. Its hard to make a call sometimes isn't it? But you love the vape, and we are offering assurance with contrasting experiences, so I certainly wouldnt give up on it.

Maybe you buy a few heaters in your time as many of us likely will. But your luck should even out and you get a solid one next time hopefully, or the next time if you're REALLY unlucky!:lol:

And life is about more than money of course. I hope you can get sorted anyway and be able to enjoy the Elev8r freely with no fears or reservations. This is what the Elev8r and @7thFloorVapes are all about.

Believe me they don't want people being afraid to use their Elev8r's. No way, these guys are on a mission to spread happiness.
Good luck bro keep us informed.:tup:

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
I hope you can get sorted anyway and be able to enjoy the Elev8r freely with no fears or reservations. This is what the Elev8r and @7thFloorVapes are all about.

Believe me they don't want people being afraid to use their Elev8r's. No way, these guys are on a mission to spread happiness.
Good luck bro keep us informed.:tup:

You were right: they offered me a quartz version as soon as it is ready. In the meantime I hope that at least one of the replacements I ordered is a bit more durable.
Luckily the current heater did not break in a spiderweb fashion but only one crack that naturally stopped at the air intake, that way it can't fall apart during usage. With the first heater, however, the crack had forked and I was afraid to use it and being showered with red hot glass shards in case the heater chose to disintegrate on me.

Buds of War

#fueledbyTHC
You were right: they offered me a quartz version as soon as it is ready. In the meantime I hope that at least one of the replacements I ordered is a bit more durable.
Luckily the current heater did not break in a spiderweb fashion but only one crack that naturally stopped at the air intake, that way it can't fall apart during usage. With the first heater, however, the crack had forked and I was afraid to use it and being showered with red hot glass shards in case the heater chose to disintegrate on me.
I've been in dialogue with a lot of vape companies and 7th Floor rock with their customer service, easily the best out there atm. I loved them even before deciding to purchase from them. I would not hesitate to purchase from them again and would have no reservations about contacting them over any issues. IMO they're a credit to the industry and others could maybe take a look at what they're doing.

I am thinking I may have to abandon the coil setup.
you're still not thinking this are you?

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
It clogs screens quick because it is a total Herculean Extractor! Can not compare this part to a vapcap or other less than Herculean vape! haaa Yea my vapcaps stay fairly clean. My arizer's WPA's with screens get gunked up too.....just not as quick. My elev8r and Flowerpot are about the same.....because they are not toys like portables. They are commercial equipment in comparison. :borg:
In my experience, my Elev8r screen gets dirtiest because I have to wait until it cools before I can dump it. With the other vapes I use, the screens are much closer to the actual heat source, and I can dump them while they are still warm. Now, my original V8r had a knob, but it was cracked on delivery. My replacement doesn't have the knob, unfortunately.
Honestly, I would use it more often if I could remove the heater while it is still hot. Sometimes the heater just sits there for a day or two with spent material in it. By the time it's cooled, it doesn't seem to make a difference how long it sits there, it's a mess.

@disGRUNTled That beer looks so yummy, I want to grab another beer now! Oh man, Ithaca Beer has their taproom right on the edge of town, and they have 2 NE style IPAs I would love to try. I'll have to get a couple crowlers. :)

Last edited:

Alexis

you're still not thinking this are you?
Too soon to be adamant about anything just yet bro. So many crazy hectic variables are at play everyday so it can take time to figure things through, see what's going on clearly etc.

Best thing is to detach really and let things reveal themselves in time. I shall report when I have a clearer idea.

@Diggy Smalls Yo dude you gotta just get some cheap tongs man, or a leather heat pad or @LabPong 's little material improvisation. Its really no big deal with any of those methods to at least give you the option of removing heater while it is warm. Just dont want anything hokdonf you back in your enjoyment of the V8r bro.

Alexis

Well as you know, my mum does! And I did say to her I want her to try the Elev8r. Except she hasnt been vaping at all in recent months, Flowerpot sitting idle...until today, when she rolled the tray out from under the armchair, purely by her own will.

I gave up trying to get horses to drink, I swear it normally has the opposite effect.
And Im with you guys on the love for 7th Floor. I really wanna nominate those guys for some of the happiest people in the world I swear. Good on them, long may it last and far it spread!:cheers:

Alexis,

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
My lacentrale package arrived yesterday (very fast delivery this time) and they threw in a case (that fits my shorter wand + one heater perfectly) plus a tight vac container. So, all in all, things seem to have turned out nicely. Thanks lacentrale/jahvaporizer!

Alexis

My lacentrale package arrived yesterday (very fast delivery this time) and they threw in a case (that fits my shorter wand + one heater perfectly) plus a tight vac container. So, all in all, things seem to have turned out nicely. Thanks lacentrale/jahvaporizer!
Jahvaporizer are fantastic. I dont know what motivates them they always send out the kitchen sink with every order.

I got the same freebies on top of an illogical discount already on the heater itself. Plys I got some interesting looking and gorgeous smelling cannabis look alike candy (which I could never eat myself so Im saving it for a suitable child to "induct")! :rofl:

@steama you gotta try the coil. Itbtitally changes the vape signature. It feels more like a high powered Aromed. Less of a rush but a deeper and longer lasting effect.
There is bound to be variation between different coil setups. There are a load of posts with photos slightly back in this thread if you need inspitation.

I look forward to hearing :popcorn:your own impressions and ventures.

ElPic

Take my money
I got the same experience as yours with my first heater.... I notice a big crack along the heater the next morning of a regular night session... but 7floor and sneaky pete send me a new heater and everything fine with the new one.
Really impressed with customer service of both of these companies.

A powerful torch is a must with this vape, now that I have receive my blazer, I reduce my heating time by half. With my little torch I had to heat up for over a minute to get a Good hit with herb, now 30 secondes and it’s ready...
I think this is one of the best vape for people coming from combustion...

Alexis

try the arizer cylone bowl with the elev8r, I bought a cyclone tuff bowl, its a cyclone bowl with silicone wrapped round it, for me it works far better than the stock bowl or than standard bowls from vapefiend.
Hiya, I checked it out. Looks like great airflow. I wonder about the screen though? I mean they dont look readily available, may be expensive too.

Maybe they last a lifetime? Or can you get backups, or find other options?
I assume you are using some kond of adapter? Or 18 mm male glass?

I didnt have ANY Elev8r yesterday, first time in months I think.
I was able to think again!:rofl: Kind of nice actually. I have been too blasted on a daily basis. Just vapcaps. Need to do some more allergy testing with coil today. I do feel the problem may be the slower extraction. Much more repeated inhalations to fihish a load. Lots more hot air.

The effect is deeper and stronger, but more aggravating to my airways.
Last bowl I had 2 nights ago- I was up at 750 in the small Vapefiend bowl and toked for ages on it. The abv is still with green in it, not dark at all. :hmm: But I recall getting dark and even abv on much lower temps last week.

I did also reshape my coil a touch. Following @Baron23 's suggestion that the thermocouple could be in the tip. So I simply squeezed the tip in a touch.
But it still isnt touchong the glass there. I dont see how it possibly can either. I had to loosen it a bit because it wouldnt fit on the heatet at first.

How it is now, it couldnt possibly fit on if it was any thighter, so as to touch the glass at the tip.

However, I did get improved coil and controller perfromance from the tightening. Even morr accurate and stable. Really hardly a drop during hits. Looking forward to riggging her up shortly.

7thFloorVapes

Company Rep
**BIG ELEV8R NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT**​

Hey guys and gals, Alex here! :rockon:

I hope all is well with everyone. What a busy 4:20 weekend we had. Microdosing events in Denver, glass blowing all over Colorado, and don't forget about those 15 Silver Surfer's that were fired up and reminding the community who are the pioneers in the vaping game. It is AMAZING to see the 7th Floor Army this large and active, we hear your voice.

Quartz ELEV8R heaters are closer to being finished than ever! Finishing up RnD testing now, then to the beta phase, and we can bring you a stronger, more durable heat source for the purest, all-convection vape around. We will make our announcement on F#ck Combustion for our official quartz launch date!

More to come with pictures, videos, and huge tasty clouds of pure vapor. :smug:

Until then, show us your ELEV8R in action with your favorite photos or videos!

Thank you and have a beautiful week! Ride the Wave!

-Alex T:bigleaf:
Social Media and Marketing Director

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
Something I'm using more and more is the little pick took you get in the Elev8R kit.

So I thought I'd grab a couple more...

20uwrvp.jpg

But $30 to ship is crazy.

If anyone knows a Canadian retailer that has those 7th floor marble picks please let me know.

JCharles,

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Really impressed with customer service of both of these companies.
Yes, @7thFloorVapes your product and your customer service rock! It is really a pleasure exchanging emails with them. And for the vape: I am impressed each time I use it. The nice flavor is like getting another dimension in taste. And then things often start to get blurry around the edges.

Top Bottom