Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nonamekevin

What's interesting to think about, is that even though the elev8r was intended as a portable vape for use with a torch, a fair amount of users here and other forums use it with a coil.

There are probably a lot of other vapes that have the capability of being both desktop and portable, but I can't easily think of them. Anyone else? :rockon:

LabPong

What's interesting to think about, is that even though the elev8r was intended as a portable vape for use with a torch, a fair amount of users here and other forums use it with a coil.

There are probably a lot of other vapes that have the capability of being both desktop and portable, but I can't easily think of them. Anyone else? :rockon:

G43....Tinymight to name 2 others...lol

LabPong,
Reactions: Tweakz

nonamekevin

G43....Tinymight to name 2 others...lol
To me, those are both portable. Like my SBrunt, I consider it portable, but I can use it as a desktop with my wpa. There are lots of examples of portables that can be used as desktops if our definition of desktop is something that can be thrown in a water piece.

The elev8r with a coil though is absolutely a desktop vape. Take the coil off, and you can use it anywhere with a torch. It's pretty unique.

I don't remember why I started thinking about this. Maybe because I accidentally clicked on the plug in forum when thinking about checking out the elev8r thread for updates. :lol:

nonamekevin,

Choices

Vapman and a Vapman Station?

nonamekevin

Vapman and a Vapman Station?
Personally, I still consider it a portable. It's like the dynavap with a plug in IH. I guess if you place the coil on the elev8r heater, and remove it for hits, it would be similar.

My apologies if this has gotten us off topic, simply wanted to share my take on the uniqueness of the elev8r. :rockon:

nonamekevin,

Vital

I think that many people have switched to using the Elev8r with a coil, because it's a lot easier to get consistent hits with a coil then it is using a torch. It's like the story of the 3 Bears...this hit is too hot, the next too cold, and if you get lucky, it's just right when using a torch. :2c:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I think that many people have switched to using the Elev8r with a coil, because it's a lot easier to get consistent hits with a coil then it is using a torch. It's like the story of the 3 Bears...this hit is too hot, the next too cold, and if you get lucky, it's just right when using a torch. :2c:

I've been a torcher the entire time, and I have no problems getting consistency. I simply use a timer.

tokenknifeguy

Ok so I took the body of the elev8r and put the short spiked cooling stem for the splinters in to the body of the elev8r, which fits perfect. This now turns into a sticky brick type vape. But u need a bigger torch than the small ones but not the massive ones....i use a creme brulee sized torch. But yeah this thing rips and the flavor is top notch and smooth from the spiked stem. Very nice and easy.

GoldenBud

Ok so I took the body of the elev8r and put the short spiked cooling stem for the splinters in to the body of the elev8r, which fits perfect. This now turns into a sticky brick type vape. But u need a bigger torch than the small ones but not the massive ones....i use a creme brulee sized torch. But yeah this thing rips and the flavor is top notch and smooth from the spiked stem. Very nice and easy.

I want to use it like a sticky too sometimes. isn't it noisy? no whistling?

LabPong

I want to use it like a sticky too sometimes. isn't it noisy? no whistling?

ewwwwww lol

but totally defeats the purpose of the vape.....to eliminate all things besides the flower.....bad enough I use a SS screen...but just the thought of sucking in butane on a vape :suspicious:

Oh...also...the bowl should be called the bowl...not body. Technically the body would actually be both heater and bowl.

So......say
Heater
Bowl
and what ever you connect it too....so we are all on the same page and can understand questions.

But now you guys know how awesome the Elev8r bowl is to be able to use in so many different ways. :tup:

GoldenBud

But now you guys know how awesome the Elev8r bowl is to be able to use in so many different ways. :tup:
I thought I could use this vape around 15 days ago. Fuck COVID19 man:lol:. I ordered it 1 month ago. I should have known already if this thing is a real mini GS.

Ill try finding some giant torch in these harsh days

**just to be clear: 7th floor did their best, shipped it after 1 day ..

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
Reactions: LabPong

tokenknifeguy

The quartz or glass heater is the head, which makes the rest of it the body, imo. But it works instantly and no waiting for it to heat up. Just a better version of the sticky brick, honestly. So if some one was wanting the sticky brick, they could try this method out instead with better results. Options are nice .

Last edited:
tokenknifeguy,
Reactions: GoldenBud

yogurtsauce

The quartz or glass heater is the head, which makes the rest of it the body, imo. But it works instantly and no waiting for it to heat up. Just a better version of the sticky brick, honestly. So if some one was wanting the sticky brick, they could try this method out instead with better results. Options are nice .
Can you post a photo, I am confused

yogurtsauce,

GoldenBud

Inhaling small amount of CO2 (there is no butane left after the complete combustion 1100C blue light torch) for long time, isn't the best method to use this device. people who like a pure healthy method will avoid it. but when you need it on demand, sometimes? i'm going to try it.

tokenknifeguy

IMG-20200419-150256166.jpg

IMG-20200419-150205693.jpg

I can use the small torch, but I use the bigger one in the picture. Works so good, and an all glass version of sticky brick.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hypothetically if the torch was releasing any nasties during usage, those contaminants probably still get inhaled just from being around it. Kinda like how you don't have to stick your nose in the tank to inhale toxic vapors at the gas station.

tokenknifeguy

As soon as you remove the heater, it's no longer an Elev8r, imo. You came up with a diy butane vape, @tokenknifeguy.
Oh yeah it isn't an elev8r, but I was showing the versatility of the elev8r though. I mentioned it before a while back but just tried this spiked stem and it works like a charm for that style of vaping. I think it works better than the sticky bricks (at least what I've tried) and the flavor is superior as well.

tokenknifeguy,

Ernielicous

I just got my coils in guys, they fit loosely on my elev8 though. Can anyone give me any insight as to how to tighten them a bit?

Ernielicous,
Top Bottom