• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Dani by Battery-free Ganz

Paperback Writer

Im a Rastaman not a Dreadlock
Quick update on my Dani Adventure:

Really didn't know what to expect but I took the plunge and ordered from Soothing Vapours which I can't recommend enough.

Got the Ti Amaz'd version and and SS tip and cap for jhook use and I have been amazed! Truth be told despite having a variety of vapes I always go back to my Lotus. The favor and extraction is unmatched except for maybe a ball vape which sometimes not ideal for a back door vaping.

Enter the Dani. I feel like the ti amazed peice is like a vapor blunt. Super tasty clouds and I appreciate the recommendation @Perfect_Speed4069 . Amazing how well it extracts and the flavor profile makes me want to do a chef kiss 😅 super smooth and the clouds are superb.

The SS on a jhook has been splendid too. Very similar in my opinion to the ti, however seems to roast it a little bit more intensely but still getting perfect ABV.

This is exactly what I've been looking for. Something equal or greater to the lotus that I never really found with other Vapes. My first time with it I decided to have back-to-back bowls one with the vapor blunt and one with the j hook and goodness gracious I was Faded! Highly recommend

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
Got a DV 3 Stainless steel. I'm getting some vapor but not these thick clouds everyone is getting. Alternating between a blazer big buddy and a smaller lighter;, 4 seconds past the click. Any tips for getting big rips? RN I can, with the same stuff, get about 3x the clouds with half the material in my dyna.

PossumMD

Got a DV 3 Stainless steel. I'm getting some vapor but not these thick clouds everyone is getting. Alternating between a blazer big buddy and a smaller lighter;, 4 seconds past the click. Any tips for getting big rips? RN I can, with the same stuff, get about 3x the clouds with half the material in my dyna.
I had to go 20secs past the click for my lesser torches.

PossumMD,

Paperback Writer

Im a Rastaman not a Dreadlock

I am enjoying my SS more than Ti for bigger rips and I am using the Ronx torcher mentioned earlier in the thread. I have been torching just a second or two after the click and getting multiple rips with a Jhook.

One thing I found was how tightly it is packed. I did one bowl loosely packed and it was okay but nothing like a firmly packed bowl.

Where are you lighting it? I do it where the holes are and the bottom of the silver band meet and have been successful

Hope that helps!

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
I am enjoying my SS more than Ti for bigger rips and I am using the Ronx torcher mentioned earlier in the thread. I have been torching just a second or two after the click and getting multiple rips with a Jhook.

One thing I found was how tightly it is packed. I did one bowl loosely packed and it was okay but nothing like a firmly packed bowl.

Where are you lighting it? I do it where the holes are and the bottom of the silver band meet and have been successful

Hope that helps!
I'm lighting right by the holes and "slipping the flame" under the silver band (but not really, just metaphorically), at a 45* angle. It got better with the smaller torch around 16 seconds after the click but with the larger one no way will I try that.

I'll try packing tighter.

Yeah that's it. For me, smaller lighter, 12 seconds past the click, around the amount you'd put in a DV but tamped down very gently (with a DV funnily enough :rofl:) just enough.

Tremendous. Exactly what I wanted. TYVM 🤝

Ninjamode

I’m using the titanium tip on the all metal version along with a mouth piece. Using a duel torch Zippo I heat a solid 5 seconds after the click ( one one thousand, two one thousand, you get the point) aiming center on the silver strip. I’ll do 3 heat ups like that for a fully packed bowl. The first heat up is really tasty but not a really thick vapor. The second heat up is really thick and I’ll get 2 hits before the cool down click. The third and final heat up is usually a good cloud on the first hit but any remaining hits usually get less and less.

If I use a single torch Zippo I count a solid 6 seconds past the click and definitely don’t push past 8 seconds. I’ll get 3 heat ups just like the dual torch only going past the click is a lot more forgiving with the single torch. I also feel that the dual torch and Bfg combo function very consistent as a pair and I know exactly how the session is going to go.

The other thing I played around with is cap tightness. What works best for me is to load the bowl and then screw on the cap all the way and back it back off a quarter turn. This usually is really close for me but may still need a little flick one way or the other. I applied abrasive compound to the threads on the cap and tip and worked them together until everything felt smooth then cleaned the cap out of the the 2 pieces. This made the cap feel like it was turning on ball bearings and was really easy to give the required flick to open or close off the air flow.

In all I really love the Bfg. Thing looks like a little light saber and hell I always wanted to be a Jedi. They take a little practice to get your sessions to your personal perfection but the process is pretty fun.

Ninjamode

I use a pretty hefty torch, 4secs past the click gets me a full extraction every time. I just gave it a second heat cycle, and got nothing.

I don’t think the dual zippo that I use is crazy powerful but does heat up about twice as fast as the single torch zippo. I’m pretty happy with the result I get from the dual and just haven’t really pushed my heat up’s beyond 5 seconds in fear of combusting. I’ve been playing with the Bfg for a little over a week and have only combusted twice with it and both those were on the third heat cycle. I really don’t mind heating up a few times as that first hit from the first heat cycle is really tasty. I’ll definitely try bumping up my heat time with the dual torch and see what that gets me. Then again maybe a good triple flame is even better for the Bfg.

Ninjamode,

PossumMD

I don’t think the dual zippo that I use is crazy powerful but does heat up about twice as fast as the single torch zippo. I’m pretty happy with the result I get from the dual and just haven’t really pushed my heat up’s beyond 5 seconds in fear of combusting. I’ve been playing with the Bfg for a little over a week and have only combusted twice with it and both those were on the third heat cycle. I really don’t mind heating up a few times as that first hit from the first heat cycle is really tasty. I’ll definitely try bumping up my heat time with the dual torch and see what that gets me. Then again maybe a good triple flame is even better for the Bfg.
I've never combusted in mine. I guarantee it's the torch. This is the one I use: https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B087MBKFZJ?ref_=pe_19115062_429603572_302_E_DDE_dt_1

bia1984

i found out that using bigger torch 10-15 sec pass the click can extract in one go with big ass cloud almost similar to combustion, now im super happy with my dani and make me wondering about anvil and wanna try it.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Still believe the Dani is the best kept secret of new vape introductions of 2022. My collection of DV's have been side lined since acquiring the Dani and Anvil last Spring. Use the Anvil exclusively thru water, but for a relaxed native session the Dani wins the reach test every time.
now im super happy with my dani and make me wondering about anvil and wanna try it.
If you're interested in what other members who own both the Dani and Anvil think, there's a Dani vs Anvil thread you can view on this forum HERE.

yogie

Finally used my Dani and it was excellent!

I ordered it from @Wesleypipes I can't say enough about how smooth of a purchasing process it was from Wes. Super helpful in answering all of my questions.

I ordered the Dani, titanium tip, wood stem, and mouthpiece. Wes recommended cleaning everything before use and I am glad I did. The wood stem had black machine dust on the inside that I could only see when swabbing it with a qtip and ISO. Took a little, but no issue. Removing the O rings was a PIA.

I tried some fine ground herbs for the first hit and it was great, but I had a lot of draw resistance. I turned the cap to lock, and then unscrewed a half turn. I tried a whole nug on the second bowl, and it was great too.

I used a 3 flame pocket torch (like the cyclone) that I picked up at the cigar shop. I like terpy, tasty hits. I usually favor move a micro dose too. Holding the Dani vertically, I aimed the flames at the top half of the silver so I heated the tip. I heated maybe a second or two past the click since I was after a lighter hit. The abv was a light brown both times, super simple.

The medical benefits came on nicely and the taste was great!

I definitely recommend this one. I usually use a vapman or mighty+/crafty+. My DV is in the mail, so I don't know how it compares to one, but I look forward to comparing them in the future.

Last edited:

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
The anticipation of an unused vape on the commute home is a thing of beauty. Here's my Dani v3 titanium bowl yesterday before I gave it a spin.

First thoughts:
1) The cap got stuck for a bit (I may be in a minority, but my SS bowl/cap has never caused me any problems at all). Anyway totally my fault, but it's possible so don't over tighten. Heating it slightly was the way I got it off btw, after pliers, a monkey wrench, much cursing, paranoia about how I'd prove it was borked without sending it (and 0.15g of AVB) through the post etc etc
2) I like the increased air flow with both OG stem (which has a carb) and the A'maze'd (which doesn't).
3) OG stem with titanium bowl is probably going to be my go to with glass (for flavour, especially with old school hash/hemp fibre,. 6 beats after the click is serious competition for the Vapman btw), Steel Bowl with the steel A'maze'd for toking flower and clouds, probably.

Overall, I'm really pleased with it. Both the SS and Ti bowls have exceeded my expectations. I'm glad I have both. The adjustable airflow on the Ti is an excellent development.

Is it worth the £70 I spent on it? Harder to answer. I couldn't buy the Ti tip without the cap in the UK, and the cost of importing the tip alone ($35US plus $35 postage from Vietnam) made little sense.

Like the Revolve stem on the DV: it's a useful, but ultimately a QoL/unnecessary upgrade.

I'm sure others will have views

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Stuck Cap

Consider this: The Anvil's tip's thread pattern is approximate 10mm in diameter and the Dani' thread pattern is approximate 15mm in in diameter. The Anvil cap only requires 3/4's of a turn to go from firmly screwed on to fully removed. The Dani requires 4 1/2 turns from firmly screwed on to fully removed.

So what does all the above info mean? It means that the Dani's cap has considerably more threads holding it securely on and many times more metal surface area in direct contact than the Anvil does. The more surface area the more potential for sticking, especially when you factor in bits of flower and reclaim.

I've had the Anvil cap come off in my pocket on several occasions and decided a case is definitely a must to pocket carry the Anvil. Not so for the Dani.

How to avoid a stuck cap:

Take a small strip (aprox 8mm x 5cm) of medium fine sand paper (300 grit), and form a band with the rough side on the inside. Place the tip inside the band and rotate the tip's sharp thread edges against the rough surface of the sand paper. Use the same strip of sand paper to remove the sharp edges of the threads in side of the cap using a small dowel, stick pen, chop stick or finger tip. Apply light to moderate pressure on the threads in both instances. Be sure not to miss the lower threads closest to the heat fins.

The whole procedure shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to accomplish. During the process, stop every so often, clean both sets of threads with a tissue/cloth and screw back together. It should be noticeable that the threads are becoming smoother and smoother to rotate with additional sanding. Dulling down the sharp edges is the goal here only. Less is more in this instance.

Test with a dry run heat cycle first, then go and enjoy this little marvel! :tup:

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
The. Dani requires 4 1/2 turns from firmly screwed on to fully removed.
This might be my imagination (and I don't have the tools to hand to check) but the Ti tip/bowl felt like it took fewer turns to screw on than the SS version. What do others think? Are the threads on the two tips/bowls the same length?

Top post btw endof3d. Anything that doesn't involve a dremel sounds good to me.

Ninjamode

The threads on my ss tip were really smooth with no sticking at all. My ti tip’s threads felt catchy and rough. I took some abrasive compound and smeared it in the threads of the tip then worked the cap back and forth threading it all the way on then off. It really smoothed the threads and there is no catching at all now.

leanpubpackage

really loving the SS V3 with the wood stem and mouthpiece. you really have to go past the click by a lot with this and needs a good amount of heat. I use this mouth to lung exclusively as I think i’ll collapse a lung if I tried to hit it through water because the draw restriction is so tight. this has shelved my vapcaps entirely as it’s less harsh, hits harder, and being able to puff on it for a solid minute is very enjoyable. as close to a joint/blunt experience as you can get

Dayseed

The Dani on a steel A'maze'd pipe stem is absolutely fantastic.
I'd previously used an aluminium A'maze'd stem with very mixed results. But the additional heft of the steel is a joy to hold, and feels like it delivers even cooler hits, even though it's carbless. It certainly gets warmer than the aluminium, although after a bowl it's still cooler to hold than a Revolve stem.

And still no WPA needed on 14mm joints

Well worth the o ring rigmarole (use 3 for a nice tight seal).

Is that the regular A'maze'd pipe or the King? I’m just trying to figure out which is the right one to order. Thanks in advance 💚

Dayseed,

Dayseed

That’s really helpful and just the info I needed.

You’re right, the King is only available in anodised aluminium. I’d want to go with with SS for the same reasons you mentioned, so the standard it is then 👍

Top Bottom