The Dani by Battery-free Ganz

PossumMD

Ok thats how mine works. My Dynavaps click twice when heating and twice when cooling.
Correct, they do. And I know I sound patronising saying this but I can't think how else to say it, but the Dani ain't a dynavap! Sounds like you're new to it too, don't be afraid to go past the click. I get pretty poor extraction if I stop at the click. 4secs past with a beefy torch gets me what I want.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Some ISO and a good metal lathe is all you need to enjoy The Dany !
In my country 95% Ethanol is 5 euro per liter in pharmacy stores and it can be drinked upon dilution,haha. They are not worried about that because moonshine is so popular here that nobody would think of drinking that crap. Also i guess prices are so low,because even for sterilization purpose they will still have to compete with moonshine,haha...
Yeah a friend with a precision metal lathe is a friend indeed.

Abysmal Vapor,
  • Love
Reactions: davap84

PossumMD

I my country 95% Ethanol is 5 euro per liter in pharmacy stores and it can be drinked upon dilution,haha. They are not worried about that because moonshine is so popular here that nobody would think of drinking that crap. Also i guess prices are so low,because even for sterilization purpose they will still have to compete with moonshine,haha...
Careful with ethanol over 95% though (well, 94.whatever%), some manufacturers use molecular sieves to get higher. That's fine. What isn't is that some use benzene to hit that higher proof, that shit is like super cancer causing. Should say if it's food grade or not on the label.

Abysmal Vapor

Careful with ethanol over 95% though (well, 94.whatever%), some manufacturers use molecular sieves to get higher. That's fine. What isn't is that some use benzene to hit that higher proof, that shit is like super cancer causing. Should say if it's food grade or not on the label.
Thanks for the info dude. I stopped drinking alcohol at the age of 18, my father had a liquor store and i had my fun in the teen years,haha. I've tried on a few occassions since then and i get super nauseus from one beer.
Getting waked and baked with Dani v3 . I tried this thing native for the sake of experiment and ended with a few crumps in my mouth which is what i hate most about direct draw, i might install a secondary mesh filter like in the SDS stems or replace the tip screen with a finer one . Anyone done anything like that ?
Also do you grind or do you load whole flowers.

maremaresing

I've never had that native, but I use the MTL mouthpiece which restricts some. Def not like other vapes. I grind medium fluffy.

For you, the mesh filter is my first thought. Just toss it ahead of the screw in mouthpiece. If its small enough to toss in the bowl when it gets all reclaimed, you can have a treat every now and then!

maremaresing,
Reactions: Grover

Abysmal Vapor

TM cooling unit screen is perfect fit ! You can even put one each side and fill with balls,and not be afraid that those will end you in your mouth ,because it is nicely secured by the screw ring !The click is your starting point and then you add small bursts between hits. Also tried that thing native ,now with the mesh ,i feel safe that no particles will enter my track , Cheers !

image.png

Last edited:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
TM cooling unit screen is perfect fit ! You can even put one each side and fill with balls,and not be afraid that those will end you in your mouth ,because it is nicely secured by the screw ring !The click is your starting point and then you add small bursts between hits.
Really liking the screen and balls idea. PhattPiggie is just about to release his Thermal Accumulator, a torch powered vape with balls that's capable of producing many continuous clouds of vapor from one bowl due to the additional ball mass. Torch exposure is simply determined by timing, as there is NO 'Click' warning because there is no bimetallic disk in the tip. Both Dani and DV have this warning feature. Many will be comfortable with this heating method, a lot won't be.

Looks like @batteryfreeganz is very nicely positioned to join the ball vape evolution if they choose too. Maybe with a little persuasion BFG would consider a ball mod for Dani V4 edition? 2022 has been a great year for vape innovations. :tup:

Old_muel

*Sigh* Well my caps stuck seemingly for good for real this time, so sick of having to freeze & bash to use this vape, been a few days now of endless freezing & bashing but this time nope it aint budging, the silver rings actually become decoupled from the tip from so much prying & now spins independently. Have reached out about a possible replacement . I vape for medical reasons & need my vape/s to be dependable.

dude_de

Not sure if this has been posted already: verdampftnochmal.de in Berlin now also carry them in the EU:

product page

I stumbled across that when I was cruising my favorite german vape stores for BF deals.

dude_de,
Reactions: endof3d

checkyourlibido

I also had an issue with a cap that stucked and BFG sent me a new one with a new ti tip, the one that needs to unscrew the cap to open the airflow. Maybe a good solution?

Inspired by pipes and cigars stands, I created a special stand for J-hook that can carry the Dani and its wood wpa :
Fan-fucking-tastic. That is beautiful The first 2 images loaded quickly for me, the third image, the one with it all put together, loaded in 1990's AOL speeds, and wow was it an epic reveal that the rest of you can only imagine!

I like the beads to help cool it and with the J hooks bend, I imagine that might be the coolest vapor you can get(pound 4 pound).

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
What about an alcohol burner? They work well with dynas. Cleaner and hotter than a candle. Blue flame all the way.
I been looking at buying a tabletop unit like this
Tabletop lighter
Lighter

oddjobold said:
I eventually got it off. Moral of the story keep the threads clean and the cap slightly loser.

I was told by Wes if they get stuck her to tip up until the clicl and then pass just the very tip under cold running water and it'll come right off, he said that's what he did for one a customer sent back that even pliers wouldn't budge

I eventually got it off. Moral of the story keep the threads clean and the cap slightly loser.
I was told by Wes if they get stuck her to tip up until the clicl and then pass just the very tip under cold running water and it'll come right off, he said that's what he did for one a customer sent back that even pliers wouldn't budge

:D It is rumoured it was meant to be named the Danvil(or D'Anvil ),but it was too close to the Anvil,lol...
I just got told also by LCV that i will be getting a new tip. Thanks for handling the situation @batteryfreeganz !
I say it stand for Damn A New Innovation 😂

Last edited:
tinctorus,
Reactions: endof3d

ondemander

*Sigh* Well my caps stuck seemingly for good for real this time, so sick of having to freeze & bash to use this vape, been a few days now of endless freezing & bashing but this time nope it aint budging, the silver rings actually become decoupled from the tip from so much prying & now spins independently. Have reached out about a possible replacement . I vape for medical reasons & need my vape/s to be dependable.
Which version do you have? I never had a problem with my v2 and it's to be prevalent on the v3's.

Old_muel

Which version do you have? I never had a problem with my v2 and it's to be prevalent on the v3's.
I have V3, & I wouldn't say it's prevalent more like just a few random one's coming out with the threads not quite perfectly machined, & the maker is a genuine guy who stands behind his product & will totally sort you out in if need be in mine & seemingly others' on here's experience. The dani is an absolute beast of a vape at an amazing price, if i had to say it's probly quickly become my most reached for favourite to use actually, while waiting for my replacement cap I'm just using anvil which does slap but a) doesn't taste as good as dani by a bit & b) doesn't quite as effortlessly fully extract, ie with anvil the second back-to-back bowl is always quite a bit better than the first but with dani i don't get that feeling it's just full power every time, my vapcaps are now completely obsolete i can't even use em anymore after having dani it's ruined them completely they just seem somehow pathetically underpowered now, like a toy in comparison, which seems crazy i know but that's really how much the performance increase is, not having dani this last wk or 2 has made me realize even more how good it is too, I think ol mate really hit it outta the park with this vape!

bia1984

i will have my first Danivape on the way in mail today. please advise me how to clean it before first use and any tips or tricks i should know (never been using any butane powered vape only battery vape like fury edge)

thank you in advance.

Duba

Accessory Maker
i will have my first Danivape on the way in mail today. please advise me how to clean it before first use and any tips or tricks i should know (never been using any butane powered vape only battery vape like fury edge)
a little cotton swab with alcohol will be enough to remove any residue.
Personally, I heat hard and low (near the holes) and I exceed the cliks of 6 to 8 seconds for the 1st heating. I don't have to reheat a 2nd time, everything is well toasted. This is one way to do it.

Otherwise, I designed another model of case for the Dani, in wood and leather and of rounded form (type parchment).
I like how both match together :

maremaresing

I like that design a lot @Duba ! Great work. Looks very 1800s.

Dani continues to dominate in my daily use, even with newer vapes to play with. Recently I've been using it for "microdosing" small pinches. Get two big rips out of a manageable amount and it's been helpful to have. Reminds me of using the log vape I used to have.

The other thing is the Dani head mated to a 14mm glass bowl might as well be endgame for emulating the old skool combustion experience. With a bubbler or waterpipe, the method of heating and use is very similar, and clearing feels the same. Totally excellent stuff.

bia1984

i have some questions about metal Dani
1. do I need to cover the hole while vaping? (seems like I get nothing if i cover the hole tho)
2. it gets super hot to hold it in my hand after 2-3 heating cycles (is it normal?)
3. what kind of lighter should i use for best result?
4. Do i need to wait for cooldown click before heating 2 cycle? or I can heat it up after all the vapor gone from the first cycle?

thank you sir/ma'am

bia1984,

PossumMD

i have some questions about metal Dani
1. do I need to cover the hole while vaping? (seems like I get nothing if i cover the hole tho)
2. it gets super hot to hold it in my hand after 2-3 heating cycles (is it normal?)
3. what kind of lighter should i use for best result?
4. Do i need to wait for cooldown click before heating 2 cycle? or I can heat it up after all the vapor gone from the first cycle?

thank you sir/ma'am

1. Yeah, you should. The path of least resistance to equal the drop in pressure made by you sucking is through that hole. Ie, if you cover the hole, more of the air will have travelled through the chamber.

2. I've only done two back to back heatcycles, and it got pretty warm. I wouldn't do a third. Not that I want to, I'm usually zooted by then. Are you doing back to back heat cycles for the one chamber full?

3. I use a beefy torch. Pipita something. I've lost the box. Ronxs is a brand that I've seen mentioned a lot around here. Go large though, I used to have to go 20secs past the click with my 503torch to fully cash the bowl. With my current one, 3-4secs past the click gets everything blacker than midnight.

4. Yeah, you need to wait.

Top Bottom