The Dani by Battery-free Ganz

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
SS amazed gives a really amazing hand feel. Nice heft. Easy to clean, too.
On this side of the pond, the only store that I'm aware that sells the A'maze'D stem is soothingvapours.ca. They carry the aluminum and brass stems with adapter kit, along with full Dani/A'maze'd builds and all Dani metal/wood stems and wpa accessories. You can find them HERE.

Just went to the site to grab the below photo and discovered they're having a Bob Marley Birthday Sale: 15% off store wide with code Bob15. If you're state side you can add another 30+% discount for CAD vs USD currency exchange. Did I mention they are now a distributor for Mad Heater? Damn VAS!

Much-amused-1-324x324.jpg

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
On this side of the pond, the only store that I'm aware that sells the A'maze'D stem is soothingvapours.ca. They carry the aluminum and brass stems with adapter kit, along with full Dani/A'maze'd builds and all Dani metal/wood stems and wpa accessories. You can find them HERE.

Just went to the site to grab the below photo and discovered they're having a Bob Marley Birthday Sale: 15% off store wide with code Bob15. If you're state side you can add another 30+% discount for CAD vs USD currency exchange. Did I mention they are now a distributor for Mad Heater? Damn VAS!

More options available in UK/EU. Turns out the red-eye.co.uk offices (outside Sheffield) are not "that" far from the HeadChef (also Sheffield) and VapOven HQ (near Leeds).

maremaresing

When I got mine a couple years back or so, I just ordered the amazed SS from the UK. Shipping wasn't so bad. Was like 55 USD all in. For an SS item with that much milling and machining, that's still very cheap. Finding anything like it stateside was an exercise in frustration.

maremaresing,
Reactions: endof3d

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Just did some gumby stuff in my Dani and wow... This thing really puts up some dense satisfying hits,not as pure as the pancake method in the vaponic,but devastating in any sense.

Abysmal Vapor

@endof3d I dont know what are you talking about ,dude. I already replied to him hours ago in the proper thread and tagged him

Abysmal Vapor,

Perfect_Speed4069

I already replied to him hours ago in the proper thread and tagged him
Thankyou for this, and apologies for raising a q here about something here, which needed to be answered there. I assume I can thank you here.

As it was, your online archive sent me down a very informative Biovap rabbit hole, the results of which also belong elsewhere. Anyway. Thankyou again.

Abysmal Vapor

@Abysmal Vapor Wasn't aware that there was a 'proper thread' for 'gumby stuff' or 'pancake method'. My bad.
There is probably a gumby forum out there with thousand of threads about him ,but there is one here for the Vaponic though and there is also official video from them. Check it out and you will get the reference :) !

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,
  • Love
Reactions: endof3d

Perfect_Speed4069

Ah ok. I think Gumby may be a TV reference that isn't recognised widely in the UK. Although by the look of it, Morph may be a similar multi format animated figure of similar vintage from the UK that also might not be widely recognised in the US. Anyway, I agree. The Dani with a wad of degummed hemp and a goodly amount of old world hash gives even the Vapman a heck of a run for its money

Axel_420

How does it perform with half a chamber? I saw many people say that Dani is better than Dynavap, superior taste and potency, but is it also with the same amount of herb that you use in the Dynavap? Has anyone tried a chamber reducer, if it exist for Dani?

Axel_420,

Perfect_Speed4069

There aren't any reducers that I'm aware of. Works fine with a half load though, tamped like you might tamp a Dynavap. Not used much less than 0.05g in it though and at that amount, I prefer my Vapman

gooby

Reading about all of the Dyna/Simrell drama, I think I'd like to replace my Dynavap with a Dani 👍
It's superior if you want huge clouds, improved cooling and have a high tolerance. A dani hits like a straight up truck compared to a dyna, which also can hit extremely hard. Dani out of a bong is like.. too strong for anyone I know unless they are going to be in bed for the remainder of the night.

Only downside is the torch has to be bigger, and it doesn't work great with an IH compared to a dyna. I see it as like a hybrid anvil / dyna for a reasonable price.

Perfect_Speed4069

theres adjustable airflow
Ti tip is the only adjustable Dani I think. I use it as open as it gets, but extraction is much lighter even 4 seconds after the click (milky americano not espresso colour).

I'm now pretty happy with a restricted SS tip on the SS A'maze'd body through a water filled rattle can and Ti tip on OG body for hand held low restriction tokes.

There's tons of room for improvement with the Dani stem and intercooler though *coughs*

Perfect_Speed4069,
Reactions: BeeSawd

leanpubpackage

How does it perform with half a chamber? I saw many people say that Dani is better than Dynavap, superior taste and potency, but is it also with the same amount of herb that you use in the Dynavap? Has anyone tried a chamber reducer, if it exist for Dani?
Hits totally okay, since it’s mostly conduction. I’ve tried with flecks and still was able to get a mini cloud and full extraction

Dayseed

Thats why im here haha

Hows the draw resistance with this vape? I know theres adjustable airflow but does it perform well with the airflow open? I hate draw restriction.
I’ve found the SS tip very restrictive. I had to completely rethink my draw technique compared to using a Dyna. It was a couple of days before it was possible to achieve the sort of performance I was expecting

2pumpchump

All that information means is you forgot to mention the length it traveled in 3/4 vs 4 1/2 turns very important! If they travel the same length at that rate would be about the difference in a 10 mm wood screw vs a 15 mm fine thread bolt big difference not trying to make any mad just saying . Just found out about the Dani trying find out wear to get 1 ??? If cap sticks I will probably use valve lapping compound apply tighten loosen repeat till smooth as butter clean it and enjoy
Stuck Cap

Consider this: The Anvil's tip's thread pattern is approximate 10mm in diameter and the Dani' thread pattern is approximate 15mm in in diameter. The Anvil cap only requires 3/4's of a turn to go from firmly screwed on to fully removed. The Dani requires 4 1/2 turns from firmly screwed on to fully removed.

So what does all the above info mean? It means that the Dani's cap has considerably more threads holding it securely on and many times more metal surface area in direct contact than the Anvil does. The more surface area the more potential for sticking, especially when you factor in bits of flower and reclaim.

I've had the Anvil cap come off in my pocket on several occasions and decided a case is definitely a must to pocket carry the Anvil. Not so for the Dani.

How to avoid a stuck cap:

Take a small strip (aprox 8mm x 5cm) of medium fine sand paper (300 grit), and form a band with the rough side on the inside. Place the tip inside the band and rotate the tip's sharp thread edges against the rough surface of the sand paper. Use the same strip of sand paper to remove the sharp edges of the threads in side of the cap using a small dowel, stick pen, chop stick or finger tip. Apply light to moderate pressure on the threads in both instances. Be sure not to miss the lower threads closest to the heat fins.

The whole procedure shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to accomplish. During the process, stop every so often, clean both sets of threads with a tissue/cloth and screw back together. It should be noticeable that the threads are becoming smoother and smoother to rotate with additional sanding. Dulling down the sharp edges is the goal here only. Less is more in this instance.

Test with a dry run heat cycle first, then go and enjoy this little marvel! :tup:

This might be my imagination (and I don't have the tools to hand to check) but the Ti tip/bowl felt like it took fewer turns to screw on than the SS version. What do others think? Are the threads on the two tips/bowls the same length?

Top post btw endof3d. Anything that doesn't involve a dremel sounds good to me.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Just found out about the Dani trying find out wear to get 1 ??? If cap sticks I will probably use valve lapping compound apply tighten loosen repeat till smooth as butter clean it and enjoy

Top Bottom