The CORRECT way to store your bud?

GoldenBud

I always wonder why people would like to add moisture to their buds, and then I imagine in my head some veteran vaporent old dude sitting in his room and like 5-6 big CVaults and just can never finish his batches so his weed gets VERY dry sometimes, that dude knows how to live :lol:
(i think after 1yr-1.5yr of storage the weed gets really dry?)

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I have a couple CVault, which I use with Boveda. Mostly, I use Mason jars and Boveda, but have Boost and Raw stones as well. If my Boveda get dry, I soak one in filtered water overnight, then put in a jar for a day or two with a few others that seem to be getting dry. They all get refreshed, and used again. Boost is simular, but I soak a few Raw stones and put those in with Boost packs that need a boost. Haven't done the Raw stone/ Boost in jar combo yet. My humidity is where I want it, so no point messing with it. I don't care for Boost much, but they work fine, and I will use them as long as they work.
I will take @FlyingLow advice, and try a stone before pressing.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I always wonder why people would like to add moisture to their buds, and then I imagine in my head some veteran vaporent old dude sitting in his room and like 5-6 big CVaults and just can never finish his batches so his weed gets VERY dry sometimes, that dude knows how to live :lol:
(i think after 1yr-1.5yr of storage the weed gets really dry?)
Almost every coffeeshop (word for weed shop in Dutch, where I live) I have visited regularly had fluctuating moisture levels, often too dry. It's an illegal crop and processing and wholesaling etc so it doesn't get the spa treatment on its way to my mason jar. So yeah I'm really happy I found out about this, has made my experience way more enjoyable (no more frustration over weed that's too dry for nice flavor, plus the consistency now makes easier to hit it just right each time.

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I basically only hydrate for pressing rosin.
But I used jars if possible, because in winter it gets very dry indoors around here.

Thick Vape,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
VapePerson,

Mushroomturtle

I, Chlorophyll Man
I've been storing a 2018 harvest in unsealed glass jars, with 62% boveda packs, inside vacuumed and sealed sous vide bags. The jars stop the buds from getting squeezed by the vacuum when removing the air from the bags. They've then been stored at room temperature (ranges from 15⁰C to 33⁰C over the years) inside black bags for darkness.
I'm still getting medicated from ≤0.05g doses, though I do manage my tolerance fairly strictly. At a guess I'd say after 4 years the buds feel like they have maintained ≈75% of original potency.
At current consumption levels, some buds will see their 6th year in storage.
I was a bit worried that not storing them at a constant cool temperature (like a fridge) was going to limit their potency to a couple of years, but this hasn't been the case. I imagine constant refrigeration would further slow the decay, just didn't have the space to try.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I've been storing a 2018 harvest in unsealed glass jars, with 62% boveda packs, inside vacuumed and sealed sous vide bags. The jars stop the buds from getting squeezed by the vacuum when removing the air from the bags. They've then been stored at room temperature (ranges from 15⁰C to 33⁰C over the years) inside black bags for darkness.
I'm still getting medicated from ≤0.05g doses, though I do manage my tolerance fairly strictly. At a guess I'd say after 4 years the buds feel like they have maintained ≈75% of original potency.
At current consumption levels, some buds will see their 6th year in storage.
I was a bit worried that not storing them at a constant cool temperature (like a fridge) was going to limit their potency to a couple of years, but this hasn't been the case. I imagine constant refrigeration would further slow the decay, just didn't have the space to try.
Probably also the light. Afaik dry herb doesn't like darkness, it likes filtered light. I use the amber glass because I don't store long term. For long term the violet is preferred, but it's more expensive.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I've been storing a 2018 harvest in unsealed glass jars, with 62% boveda packs, inside vacuumed and sealed sous vide bags. The jars stop the buds from getting squeezed by the vacuum when removing the air from the bags
Get one of these for your mason jars and ditch the bags,
61TQXtFXWFL.jpg

Top Bottom