sickmanfraud

Random question hoping one of you can help with so I don't have to go digging. Have about 3 and a half ounces of AA abv I mostly vape at green or under. I finally feel like making some tincture so I went and got my Mason jar and a bottle of 151 only question now is how much should I use??? Not trying to use all my abv but I want it to have some punch to it so what do you guys say? A half ounce? A full ounce? 2?

I learned the "freezer" method of Tincture preparation from this thread https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/another-tincture-thread-try-it-youll-like-it.1102315/

Since learning the technique I have been making somewhere between 3-5 tincture runs a month for 4+ years.

Several pointers: read the first 5 pages to understand the technique then find the AVB tincture info in the index. You can ask questions on the thread and get helped by someone who knows the process.

The Green Dragon tinctures made by PsychedelicSam's do not taste nearly as bad as GD made from heating the ethanol.

IMPORTANT: there is research on that thread about testing Sam did to zero in on the best decarb time/temp for maximum THCA conversion without degrading the material.

The conclusion after the testing was that decarb should 240F for 40 minutes. While vaping uses higher temps than 24- the time element is lacking. I would strongly suggest you decarb you AVB for 40 minutes at 240 F.

I have the same Handle here as GC feel free to PM me for help.

Mods: hope this was not too off topic.

GrandWazoo

Hallo guys , read your posts , I will buy an Air . Had a Da Vinci , loved it but now batteries are out. Got a Grasshopper , bought new batteries from USA to Europe , waiting more than two weeks and they are still in USA ( dedicated ones ) . Got sobohm tanks , great work to do RSO , leaking problems and actually I can say I prefer flowers . The rechargable batteries are the most important thing , otherwise a unit itself can last one/two years and then thy are out.

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
Maybe not decarbing avb has been my problem. Although I like to use red on two sessions per load so that should be long enough? Haven't noticed anything the times I tried. Stem milk on the other hand worked amazing

Edit: Would it work if I got a cup of coffee and dropped a dirty stem in with some creamer

Last edited:

OF

Edit: Would it work if I got a cup of coffee and dropped a dirty stem in with some creamer

No, not unless it was real cream (not 'creamer') and you used a lot of it. It's the butterfat that bonds to the good stuff so you can digest it, otherwise it 'passes right through'. Other eatable fats, like Coconut oil, also work well. But not 'black' coffee or the stuff in the jar.

OF

BeEazy

I came across this yesterday shopping for stems; http://tinyurl.com/ltajvgy does anyone here have one? I'm curious to know if the wood real or not, coming from china there's some doubt...

In the description is does say made by "WOODEN, NOT PLASTIC"... but umm :sherlock::hmm::hmm::sherlock:

Last edited:

OF

I came across this yesterday shopping for stems; http://tinyurl.com/ltajvgy does anyone here have one? I'm curious to know if the wood real or not, coming from china there's some doubt...

In the description is does say made by "WOODEN, NOT PLASTIC"... but umm :sherlock::hmm::hmm::sherlock:

I suspect it's real wood, it's plenty cheap you know. I don't think they use molded threads like the genuine ones, but rather I bet they use the scheme in the counterfeit stems that I wrote about coming with the counterfeit Air I posted on in the 'Counterfeits' thread. They used aluminum inserts in plastic bodies to make up the end of the MP. The glass part was basically the same, but a bit more sloppy. Speaking of which, take a careful look at the 3 stems shown, notice the center one is different in the bowl and also the upper shoulders below the threads? My bet it the glass part is sub standard like the ones I got, out of round, perhaps wider at the mouth (right side) with uneven bottoms (left side)?

I'll stick with the factory ones, IMO they work just fine. Every time.

OF

BeEazy

I'll stick with the factory ones, IMO they work just fine. Every time.

OF
I like the factory stems also, the one with the plastic mouth piece. A fair amount of oil collects at the top which makes for a nice highcoco.
NNDMyZb.jpg
I just want the wooden mouth piece from the ebay stem, to go with my PVHES arizer air stem.

Hmm, I might just place an order for one, I do want a spare glass stem to play around with, with my dremel to make my own version of PVHES stem like i did with the solo.

GrandWazoo

Boyz and girlz , got my Air ! Thank yall to exist , my first impressions are exactly what I read on this forum . The unit is much smaller than I thought seeing photos , not like my Grasshopper (still waiting for batteries from 21.04 , today 11.05 they are still in Los Angeles ) but very portable. It's very simple to use and strong,
good taste , not so much smoke production , but IMO thats not important. I took three hits at green and one in yellow , didn't see so much but great high . I have a feeling that this vape will last longer than the other I had , and that's because the interchangable batteries are the point that makes the Air so special. Other great advantage is that is very simple to clean . Maybe I will buy some extra stems , maybe also a wooden one , let see what's happen .

Xelatsok

vapes tobacco modding the vapes
Simple mod to improve airflow on good old Solo and Air — put a screen to the oven bottom. Use screen of 15+ mm diameter, so it will keep itself securely by tension. This adds air gaps and prevents herbs from direct contact to oven. Mod is reversible, remove the screen anytime.

YPf8az8l.jpg

Once I put a second, domed screen on top. This further increased airflow, lowered the heat and increased convection/conduction ratio. At the same time this increased battery consumption a lot, so I removed domed screen. Sorry, no exact photo, but you may get an idea from the photo of the same VapCap mod below. There I placed domed screen to the cap bottom to prevent it from direct contact with tobacco and avoid charring.

2ARz4HQl.jpg

Xelatsok,

GetLeft

It's very simple to use and strong,
good taste , not so much smoke production , but IMO thats not important.

I'm 100% with you on the taste thing. Simple, also. Make sure your material is dried appropriately and that you don't pull too hard or fast on the thing. It's a slow cooker, so to speak. You'll see plenty of vapor if you give it the proper conditions to produce it.

GrandWazoo

I'm 100% with you on the taste thing. Simple, also. Make sure your material is dried appropriately and that you don't pull too hard or fast on the thing. It's a slow cooker, so to speak. You'll see plenty of vapor if you give it the proper conditions to produce it.
After three days of use , the vapor production is much much better, I expecially like the yellow position. I try to change batteries every day.

GrandWazoo,
Reactions: Faolan

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !

eaglesgift

Lurker in these parts for some time. Need your sage advice. I bought an A Air about 8 months ago and have been supremely happy with my choice. I have been using it daily often several times a day. However, a couple days ago the device stopped heating. I would power it up, select a temperature, and watch as the blue heater light would immediately go to a solid blue - but the device remained stone cold. I've done a so called reset, and just tried it again and again to no avail. I ordered a replacement (this time a Solo from Puff It Up) and figured I would just forget about the failed Air. The Air had never been mishandled or dropped. But I just discovered something. If I power it up, select a temp and then watch the blue light just stay on - if I rap the device sharply on the edge of my desk, the blue light will start flashing and the heat cycle will proceed normally. Does this unit have a small relay that must click over to connect the heater element to the battery? Then I assume the relay will click off when operating temp is reached. The sharp rap may be releasing a sticking relay. Is this possible?

eaglesgift,
Reactions: BigJr48

sickmanfraud

Lurker in these parts for some time. Need your sage advice. I bought an A Air about 8 months ago and have been supremely happy with my choice. I have been using it daily often several times a day. However, a couple days ago the device stopped heating. I would power it up, select a temperature, and watch as the blue heater light would immediately go to a solid blue - but the device remained stone cold. I've done a so called reset, and just tried it again and again to no avail. I ordered a replacement (this time a Solo from Puff It Up) and figured I would just forget about the failed Air. The Air had never been mishandled or dropped. But I just discovered something. If I power it up, select a temp and then watch the blue light just stay on - if I rap the device sharply on the edge of my desk, the blue light will start flashing and the heat cycle will proceed normally. Does this unit have a small relay that must click over to connect the heater element to the battery? Then I assume the relay will click off when operating temp is reached. The sharp rap may be releasing a sticking relay. Is this possible?

@OF is our resident expert in troubleshooting. It is possible that he is asleep at this time, so I will give you a few ideas that may help.

I would suggest checking the spring in the bottom battery cap of the AA battery chamber. If you can get something like s crochet hook or take a paperclip and bend it to have a hook on the end. Then attempt to extend the spring a bit so the battery is in contact with the spring.

If that does not work, try a different battery.

BTW an 8 month old AA is under warranty.

tdct08

edit: Woke up hella sick today dunno if related. I feel miserable guys hundred degree fever hella nauseated

tdct08,

OF

@OF is our resident expert in troubleshooting. It is possible that he is asleep at this time, so I will give you a few ideas that may help.

I read it, but have no direct experience with this apparent issue. Except to say there's no relay in there...... I also shy away from 'fixes' that involve bashing things, a sure sign of bad contact that almost certainly will become worse from this treatment. Not my sort of troubleshooting.

FWIW, while I'm a bit shy about bending the spring (it should not need it using the factory 18650 as it's designed to) I would suspect the spring loaded contact to the end cap (the 'pogo stick'). I did have one fail while out on loan. I suspect poor contact caused it to overheat, the plunger didn't press up well.

I just don't know about the 'solid blue' as I can't remember that happening.

Hopefully someone else will.

I agree, warranty is the best call, but get the feeling that's not possible/practical?

OF

eaglesgift

Thanks for the quick responses. The device is working atm, seems my last table-rap must have temporarily resulted in a connection.

Yes I know it is under warranty. I may send it in - but it has to be in a non-functional state at the time. We shall see.

I view these things are marginally reliable consumer products and largely disposable. I've returned to using my Plenty and am quite satisfied with it. I had forgotten how much more intense the Plenty experience is.

I feel I got my money's worth from my Air. If the Solo I have on order works as well, for as long, I will be satisfied.

eaglesgift,
Reactions: OF

OF

Yes I know it is under warranty. I may send it in - but it has to be in a non-functional state at the time. We shall see.

I view these things are marginally reliable consumer products and largely disposable.

Your call, but IMO it doesn't have to "be in a non-functional state at the time". It's an intermittent failure, it could well be working again when they get it if it gets 'a lucky bounce' or two in shipment? You're on record with them (for the RMA) they will look for the failure you describe and most likely end up replacing it. Even if they find the fault. They don't want it 'coming back' again.

This is from some considerable experience in Customer Service for several 'outfits'. This is not "marginally reliable" or Arizer would be in real trouble. The cost of a single return wipes out profit from a pile of new sales. Smart companies (and I put them in that group) avoid this 'at all costs'. A few percent returns can bankrupt them. I've seen it happen. The very lack of such 'infant failure' reports here supports the idea they are solid products, more so considering the huge volume.

Your call, of course, but IMO you can/should return it through channels. If you bought it from PIU, Randy will replace it in astounding time. Bravo Randy!

OF

debaserrrrr

Does anyone here pack their bowls using some sort of funnel?

I have tried to use suction (like I did with EQ) but I get particles in my mouth. I use those nice domed screens so that isn't the problem, my product is probably a bit too old / dry / ground.

I have been using , per @OF recommendation in one of the earlier Arizer threads, the following:

new-pyrex-glass-hookah-atomizer-vhit-atomizer.jpg

...and it allows me to use any vape in an optimal fashion, meaning that taste and temp on the higher temperaures in particular, are SOOOOO much better!

Sure, they are mfg in China and the glass is lower quality but then so is the price.:clap:

HERE

Thanks @OF!
Those fit straight into the Air?

Last edited:
debaserrrrr,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom