The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

deeznutz

So for anyone considering getting a new angus from Vgoodiez. You might want to get the ruby one with the discount code above instead. It has nothing to do with Vgoodiez, they were great, super fast shipping and so far decent customer service, plus they have their bid disclaimer so they are def covered, i made the choice. However, apparently in the past, YLL has been good about addressing warranty issues, but I must've missed them in the good ole days because I hadn't gotten a response from emails, about the condensation issue, but I did get a response finally after trying them through whatsapp. The response basically said its fine and not to worry about it. So apparently it was a concern for them before where they would fix or replace with a model with plastic in the battery compartment but now its not a concern? Also, the response was very condescending and dismissive. This might not have been from the owner, maybe a customer service rep, because it doesn't sound like it was handled with any concern like I've heard the owner mike has been handling it. I do still recommend the vape as its a beast but cant at this time recommend YLL. I'll update if anything changes but buyer beware.

seedy53

So for anyone considering getting a new angus from Vgoodiez. You might want to get the ruby one with the discount code above instead. It has nothing to do with Vgoodiez, they were great, super fast shipping and so far decent customer service, plus they have their bid disclaimer so they are def covered, i made the choice. However, apparently in the past, YLL has been good about addressing warranty issues, but I must've missed them in the good ole days because I hadn't gotten a response from emails, about the condensation issue, but I did get a response finally after trying them through whatsapp. The response basically said its fine and not to worry about it. So apparently it was a concern for them before where they would fix or replace with a model with plastic in the battery compartment but now its not a concern? Also, the response was very condescending and dismissive. This might not have been from the owner, maybe a customer service rep, because it doesn't sound like it was handled with any concern like I've heard the owner mike has been handling it. I do still recommend the vape as its a beast but cant at this time recommend YLL. I'll update if anything changes but buyer beware.
vgoodies posted and warned all buyers of the Angus at 1/2 off sale that you might not be warranted by yll. esp. if you bought it from vgoogies.
i read the warning and controversy he had with yll, personally.
so why are you surprised that it acutely happened? buyers remorse?

deeznutz

vgoodies posted and warned all buyers of the Angus at 1/2 off sale that you might not be warranted by yll. esp. if you bought it from vgoogies.
i read the warning and controversy he had with yll, personally.
so why are you surprised that it acutely happened? buyers remorse?
Thanks for being the sheriff of fc and putting me in my place. You've put life in perspective now with your insightful comment. I did read the disclaimer, didn't see what his issues with yll were exactly, but also after reading others recent experiences was hopeful that yll still had decent customer service. My post was a little bit rant but also a little awareness for future buyers that may have read about them still fixing or replacing the item and to let them know it doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Also, no I don't really have buyers remorse, I took the chance and it does put out decent vapor but won't buy from yll again. Fyi, there are other companies still selling the og Angus at $169 without the disclaimer, what will you tell them if they have issues sheriff? Have a great day

deeznutz,
  • Haha
Reactions: seedy53

seedy53

I mean I would be pretty unhappy if I had the wet batteries. Those should not be sold as they are a safety hazard. If they cause a short and cause a fire I doubt the disclaimer on Vgoodiez website would protect either of them from a lawsuit.
what can we do about his problem? condensation in battery compartments is fairly common in electric cars, corrosion is what it causes. if magnesium contacts was involved a fire would be a concern

Last edited:
seedy53,

seedy53

fix; get it good and hot over 2 5Min sessions turn it off pull the batteries and set it in front of a fan for a few hrs might have to repeat a time or 2 depending on the moisture level of the wood, simple and easy!
or line the chamber with molten plastic or seal the wood with a high temp wax product. i got to go. i said too much, i guess. the vgoodies warning stopped me from buying it, so maybe that's my issue with buyers who did and now they have warranty problems.

Last edited:
seedy53,
Reactions: Texus

Nebelmann

Really interested in the new version. Ruby upgrade was never an option for an EU based guy. And the old device could stay at my girlfriend's flat

Nebelmann,
Reactions: seedy53

deeznutz

Thanks for being the sheriff of fc and putting me in my place. You've put life in perspective now with your insightful comment. I did read the disclaimer, didn't see what his issues with yll were exactly, but also after reading others recent experiences was hopeful that yll still had decent customer service. My post was a little bit rant but also a little awareness for future buyers that may have read about them still fixing or replacing the item and to let them know it doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Also, no I don't really have buyers remorse, I took the chance and it does put out decent vapor but won't buy from yll again. Fyi, there are other companies still selling the og Angus at $169 without the disclaimer, what will you tell them if they have issues sheriff? Have a great day
Wanted to update as of today, vgoodiez was kind enough to get a hold of Mike at yll, even though they have their disclaimer and didn't have to. Mike got back to me and they are going to take care of the issue with with a new body. The person that handles the WhatsApp contact, is on the tech side apparently so explains the dismissal of my concern I guess. I'm very happy because this thing is a beast and would highly recommend it.

MinnBobber

Hi,
Can someone please recommend a good place to buy 4 batteries and a 4 battery charger?

I did search but nada.
I have 2 batts and a charger but can’t even find them…..
Kinda in a fog as my wife of 36 years just passed away RIP

My Angus just got delivered but obviously no batteries with it.
I love Herbalizer halogen bulb experience so hoping Angus is a great vape …for me

Hoping low temp use yields very flavorful experience.
Flavor chaser, much rather take more draws at lower temps for best flavor.

Initial thoughts:Heavy, May be good if a sign that it is well built.
Glass flip up mouthpiece seems great idea vs plastic . No taste added, easy to clean

Awaiting test drive
Before flower— 3-5 empty heat up cycles to make sure it works
And to release any moisture from battery compartment wooden wall…. In case this is one that has that moisture

Any tips welcome. How to best use Angus?
Thanks

MinnBobber,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Can someone please recommend a good place to buy 4 batteries and a 4 battery charger?

Sorry for your loss! :(

Thread below, and my current charger recommendation:

TerpChasersClub

Retailer
The MSRP has changed to $169 for the new ruby edition, some of the sites at that price are most likely selling the new version, but I’d make sure that it’s the case. The upgrades to the ruby edition are quite substantial if you ask me. Once you get the upgraded bottom I think you’re going to be much happier

polopo54

Hi, didn't see this in the thread yet so I will go ahead and ask - would someone be able to do a comparison between the two/three versions of the Angus in terms of performance? I understand there is the 1.0 version (which I have) that was upgraded to v1.5 to include the rubies and then there was another upgrade, let's call it v1.9 which has the stronger 100w bulb. Is the performance with the stronger bulb significantly different? Or does that only affect the heat up time?

Cheers!

seedy53

Hi, didn't see this in the thread yet so I will go ahead and ask - would someone be able to do a comparison between the two/three versions of the Angus in terms of performance? I understand there is the 1.0 version (which I have) that was upgraded to v1.5 to include the rubies and then there was another upgrade, let's call it v1.9 which has the stronger 100w bulb. Is the performance with the stronger bulb significantly different? Or does that only affect the heat up time?

Cheers!
that's what people are saying.

Hello dear people on FC, i am still relatively new to vaping so forgive me if I get some of the terminology wrong. I own an Angus and I have a Rocketpearl Stem for it (similar to the Rocketpearl stem for the TM2 on Sneaky Pete's Store). It plugs in the CU of the Angus, and I thought if it is possible to connect it to the wpa with an adapter, which has on one side the diameter of the normal stock glass mp (as the Rocketpearl stem has the same diameter), and on the other side the diameter of 14mm or 18mm (male or female) to connect it to the wpa.

I am actually very impressed by my Angus but I just want to "up the game" a little bit and want to avoid using the CU if possible with the help of stems + wpa.

Regards

vapefritz

New enhanced version on website!

Top Bottom