The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

budski

cantre member
Angus is growing on me now that I put beads in the cooling unit and mouthpiece, it's as cool as my ALP, as beautiful as the TM2, feels nice in the hand, has nice flavor (a bit reduced through all the beads), perfect for a laid back sesh on the couch.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I saw that Vgoodiez had these marked down 50% off for the holidays (no returns):

I wonder if that's partially to make way for inventory on anew version? Or maybe just to clear the old stock.
Anyway I think that's the best price I've seen outside the group buy.

metalgearweedeater

I saw that Vgoodiez had these marked down 50% off for the holidays (no returns):

I wonder if that's partially to make way for inventory on anew version? Or maybe just to clear the old stock.
Decided to go for it as the price was too sweet. I have had my eyes on this device as I was satisfied with the fw7 and dotleaf, but the tech seemed promising. Now I really need to get rid of the neglected mighty in my collection.

Gonchin

I'm really tempted by this. The whole "No Returns" kind of scares me.

Is this worth the risk?

vapviking

Old & In the Way

The warranty disclaimer is just weird. Maybe, maybe not? what's up with that?
I was also struck by the red letter battery disclaimer that seems to be on every (didn't check all, just a few) battery powered vape at VGoodiez site. Remove the batteries after every use, and agree to do that!
Battery safety precautions must be followed! Please remove the batteries after every use! Do not store the batteries in the unit while unattended. By purchasing this product you agree to our terms or service and agree to follow our battery safety guidelines.

I mean, I understand cover your butt, and I know these batteries can be dangerous, but this is a much stricter, across the board requirement than most vape retailers have. And speaks to a certain confidence level (or lack thereof) in the products. Some might argue that all the handling of removal/replacement multiple times daily could create an issue of potential damage to the battery cover?

AssistedLiving

clearly scott is "selling off" his stock of Angus units, at cost, for a reason,
hopefully an "updated" v2 will be available soon

AssistedLiving,
Reactions: cosimo

Pukka

Even if he was selling below his cost, why would the manufacturer not honor warranty to end user on these particular units? For me, some detail is missing.
My guesses:

It's a batch of NOS that Scott got from from YLL at a huge discount for him giving up manufacturer warrenty on the units. Or they might be a batch of cosmetic second quality.

Truth rather than guess:

V 1.5 is out already w/rubies and changed battery caps. V2 and their new vape could be close, who knows (The Shadow Knows).

Pukka,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My guesses:

It's a batch of NOS that Scott got from from YLL at a huge discount for him giving up manufacturer warrenty on the units. Or they might be a batch of cosmetic second quality.

Truth rather than guess:

V 1.5 is out already w/rubies and changed battery caps. V2 and their new vape could be close, who knows (The Shadow Knows).
Sorry, I didn't mean to make a big deal about this. But it seems to me that if it were NOS or seconds, then VGoodiez would just say that, and not maybe/maybe not get a warranty.
I contacted Vgoodiez.com about the no return policy.

DOA vapes will be replaced or refunded.

That certainly helps with my comfort level.
The product page does say that, along with the nebulous statement about the warranty.
I admit that a hundred bucks is a dirt cheap price, and a no returns policy is fine, I just wonder about why no warranty. Either it is a manufacturer policy to warranty their product or it is not, eh?

Mndeadhead

its definitely worth it at 50% off. it works well, hits consistently. As for the batteries, i took mine to a concert about a month ago. on the last night, i had it in my pocket and felt it getting hot after we were done with a session. i ended up having to remove the batteries altogether. they were extemely hot, and that pair never worked properly after that. I don't know if it was a bad pair of batteries or someting with the vape, but it has never happened to me since. i really like using the capsules with it. they seem to work better than some of the other capsules that come with the vapes.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Yep, the price got me. Looking forward to trying it out, and likely converting it to ruby fill.

budski

cantre member
What's the consensus on the V2 cooling unit? Worth it?
I never tried the original, but I put glass beads in the stainless steel CU on my ruby edition, and a ruby mouthpiece from VDGoodies, made a big difference from stock.

budski,

TankeyPankey

I never tried the original, but I put glass beads in the stainless steel CU on my ruby edition, and a ruby mouthpiece from VDGoodies, made a big difference from stock.
Yeah NVM, I missed the fact that the V2 cooling unit is included in the Vgoodiez deal.

TankeyPankey,
Reactions: cosimo
Top Bottom