The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Mndeadhead

I have a lot of options, but still find myself grabbing the Angus first if I'm after a session.

Did you grab the WPA? It can really rip if you want it to!
I didn’t bother with the WPA. I’ve got other things to put on glass at home. I wanted something that could hit as hard as a desktop while on the go. This is as close as I can find that doesn’t required extra stems, etc.

MHL

Try hard noob
Do any other angus users have trouble working out what heat setting it is currently on? The light position seems inconsistent. I'm not certain but it seems to remember what position it was in last time you used it. Just the light though, not the heat setting. :hmm:

The instructions say that it starts out in standby mode, then you press once for level one, two for level two, etc. But the lighting position (around the button) seems random each time I used it - so sometimes it starts at the 12 o clock position, but other times at the 5 o clock position.

I have a habit of accidently pressing the button while I'm gripping the device. Usually by the time that happens I'm pretty loaded and I often can't say for certain what setting it was on before. The only way to know for sure what heat setting you are currently on is to turn it off and start from scratch again.

Am I being thick?

MHL,
Reactions: 364F

Sass Jeeves

Do any other angus users have trouble working out what heat setting it is currently on? The light position seems inconsistent. I'm not certain but it seems to remember what position it was in last time you used it. Just the light though, not the heat setting. :hmm:

The instructions say that it starts out in standby mode, then you press once for level one, two for level two, etc. But the lighting position (around the button) seems random each time I used it - so sometimes it starts at the 12 o clock position, but other times at the 5 o clock position.

I have a habit of accidently pressing the button while I'm gripping the device. Usually by the time that happens I'm pretty loaded and I often can't say for certain what setting it was on before. The only way to know for sure what heat setting you are currently on is to turn it off and start from scratch again.

Am I being thick?
Not being thick! This confused me at first too.

You actually press it four times to return to your last setting - three fast for Standby Mode, and a fourth to start heating. It will stay on the same heat setting you last used unless you've changed the batteries in between.

The first set of lights in Standby mode indicate remaining battery charge.

I also kept hitting that stupid button mid-session and just turned the CU around so the button faces me which helped for sure. Never really happens anymore unless I'm hamfaced, in which case by the time I accidentally hit the button, it had already auto-shutoff like 15 minutes ago and I've just been sitting here holding it.

Last edited:

MHL

Try hard noob
Not being thick! This confused me at first too.

You actually press it four times to return to your last setting - three fast for Standby Mode, and a fourth to start heating. It will stay on the same heat setting you last used unless you've changed the batteries in between.

The first set of lights in Standby mode indicate remaining battery charge.

I also kept hitting that stupid button mid-session and just turned the CU around so the button faces me which helped for sure. Never really happens anymore unless I'm hamfaced, in which case by the time I accidentally hit the button, it had already auto-shutoff like 15 minutes ago and I've just been sitting here holding it.
Awesome, thank you.

Reckon I was being a bit slow... the CU switch around didnt occur to me but makes total sense. And the same with the lighting (because the way you explain it, that would make the lighting consistent with the mode).

I think the first heating setting being in the 8pm position threw me off a bit too.

condition

20230903-183117.jpg

Do you unscrew the 4 screws, to remove the metal plate to clean inside? Is it ok to do that if I directly load and don't use capsules?

condition,

SolidAirrr

20230903-183117.jpg

Do you unscrew the 4 screws, to remove the metal plate to clean inside? Is it ok to do that if I directly load and don't use capsules?
Why would you need to remove the metal to clean the bowl? Or are you talking about below the screen or something?

@Grass Yes yes there was some internal changes. atleast it looked diff from the first batch one i opened. @Maschine contact yllvape through email. you will get a quick response or talk to the vendor you bought it from

How are your devices doing?
Would you mind to quickly explain how you disconnected the wires as you didn't need to solder? Are there plugs in place instead of the soldering or how did the design change in your unit? Thanks!

SolidAirrr,
Reactions: condition

Zow237

Why would you need to remove the metal to clean the bowl? Or are you talking about below the screen or something?

How are your devices doing?
Would you mind to quickly explain how you disconnected the wires as you didn't need to solder? Are there plugs in place instead of the soldering or how did the design change in your unit? Thanks!
It was just unscrew pull off replace bulb put back on. thats it. The one ive been using is still being used everyday no issues. Just have to retighten the screws every once in a blue moon

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
It was just unscrew pull off replace bulb put back on. thats it. The one ive been using is still being used everyday no issues. Just have to retighten the screws every once in a blue moon
Is there a socket for the bulb or prongs on the wires?

Grass Yes,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Not sure if it's what you mean, but the bulb sits in a socket as shown in one of the latest pictures in this thread.
Whoops you are right. It has been too long since I watched the bulb replacement video:
Just fyi, the bulb swapout video is now public on YLL's YT channel:

Some notes: should anyone decide to attempt this, be VERY CAREFUL when removing the oven not to put any pressure on the thin temp sensor wires that run from the oven to the PCB. I cannot stress this enough, they are incredibly delicate.
@Zow237 it sounds like you can replace the bulb from the top now. Did you have to remove any of the Boro balls? If not, where are the balls in the new design?

Really glad to hear about the new design that makes this user replaceable.

Grass Yes,

SolidAirrr

Whoops you are right. It has been too long since I watched the bulb replacement video:

@Zow237 it sounds like you can replace the bulb from the top now. Did you have to remove any of the Boro balls? If not, where are the balls in the new design?

Really glad to hear about the new design that makes this user replaceable.
Good question.
I thought he opened it from the bottom.
@Zow237 mentioned that the balls are held by a screen now, iirc

SolidAirrr,

condition

I load directly without capsules and after a while all parts of a vaporizer that make contact with warm herbs are better cleaned by iso soak. Or there is no need for?

Also the food grade silicone mouthpiece sealing gets dirty really fast, as per photo. I guess there isn't any way to make it look like new, but is it really necessary? It is a necessary piece of the standard cooling unit, to hold the glass MP?

condition,

Zow237

Yeah I might be picturing it wrong. Either way I'd love to see the updates in photos!
wish i could take photos. my phone camera died for no reason. but yes its just a screen holding the balls in. That video of him taking a heat gun and all that wasnt necessary on my og version too. I just unscrewed and got it off to replace the bulb but everything fell apart when i opened it and i didnt know how to get it back to together. The new one though unscrew the top pull off and replace bulb wam bam thank you mam.
I load directly without capsules and after a while all parts of a vaporizer that make contact with warm herbs are better cleaned by iso soak. Or there is no need for?

Also the food grade silicone mouthpiece sealing gets dirty really fast, as per photo. I guess there isn't any way to make it look like new, but is it really necessary? It is a necessary piece of the standard cooling unit, to hold the glass MP?
Ive taken this out. adds me some airflow and flavs

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
That video of him taking a heat gun and all that wasnt necessary on my og version too. I just unscrewed and got it off to replace the bulb but everything fell apart when i opened it and i didnt know how to get it back to together. The new one though unscrew the top pull off and replace bulb wam bam thank you mam.
You unscrewed from the top or the bottom? Did you need to remove the bulb protection metal tube? And it sounds like the balls are in a separate chamber from the bulb separated by a screen?

Grass Yes,

Zow237

from the top. i didnt remove anything. Idk how many times i have to say... I took it off then replaced the bulb literally nothing else

SolidAirrr

You gotta get that camera working!
Btw, realized this is on YLL's homepage since April :D
Top access, loose balls in the pics though

SolidAirrr,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Btw, realized this is on YLL's homepage since April :D
Top access, loose balls in the pics though
Yep! I have seen that. Doesn't match what @Zow237 describes in the updated version. Although it does not require removing the sticker or desoldering, which is great.

SolidAirrr

Yep! I have seen that. Doesn't match what @Zow237 describes in the updated version. Although it does not require removing the sticker or desoldering, which is great.
Yeah, easiest possible change would be just a screen inside the top of the metal tube, which zow mentioned

Last edited:
SolidAirrr,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Mndeadhead

Props to @YLLVAPE OFFICAL My Angie’s crapped out on me over the weekend. At a music festival of all times to tell my wife to trust me when I tell her the Angus is all we will need because this vape really kicks some ass, and the replacement batteries in a fanny pack make it a great festival vape…anyway, I emailed vgoodiez tonight. They got mike involved. Within an hour I had a tracking number for a replacement, not even wanting to test mine to confirm the obvious. Excellent customer service experience that deserves to be shared.

Sass Jeeves

Props to @YLLVAPE OFFICAL My Angie’s crapped out on me over the weekend. At a music festival of all times to tell my wife to trust me when I tell her the Angus is all we will need because this vape really kicks some ass, and the replacement batteries in a fanny pack make it a great festival vape…anyway, I emailed vgoodiez tonight. They got mike involved. Within an hour I had a tracking number for a replacement, not even wanting to test mine to confirm the obvious. Excellent customer service experience that deserves to be shared.
Do you know which part failed? Or did it just stop working altogether?

I'm debating between doing a rubies upgrade myself or just buying one of the new ruby versions straight from YLLVAPE. Mine has been going strong 5-6 months now, but thought I'd clean and check for issues while I have it open.

Sass Jeeves,

Mndeadhead

Do you know which part failed? Or did it just stop working altogether?

I'm debating between doing a rubies upgrade myself or just buying one of the new ruby versions straight from YLLVAPE. Mine has been going strong 5-6 months now, but thought I'd clean and check for issues while I have it open.
not sure if it is the same problem other folks have had in the past.....i could see the light bulb come on, and the device was definitely getting warm, but not hot enough to produce anything. Prior to that, it worked great.

Top Bottom