The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Mad_Max

Does anybody know the diameter of the bowl? It's looks like 13mm on my little ruler, can't fine any calipers.

Mad_Max,

terpsmcfee

I get a hair over 12mm with my calipers (12.11mm).
FWIW, the battery knob covers are exactly 21mm., per Email from Mike.

I will share a trick, for those, like me that have difficulty in getting ahold of the battery tube cover knobs, get a set of plastic “faucet aerator wrenches” in these sets(plastic) there will be one that perfectly fits the knob and will allow you to tighten or loosen as the case may be. Works great!

felvapes

Mine has a bad taste that lingers on my tongue for half hour after
I get a sore throat too
I have never used the CU, it's in the body
The airpath is not sealed because if you block the intake and blow back through, it leaks air out all the seams/joins

The battery spring issue I found was not an issue at all and brought it to the attention of Mike - although Mike never knew this and was going to replace springs
It is like a Deadman switch and only cuts out when the vape is heating and bumped softly
Not when on only and bumped no matter how hard

I had asked if he heard back from the engineers about confirming it being a safety switch that he forgot to mention as a design feature
I have never had a reply to my message letting him know that he didn't need to spend money swapping springs

I am curious about the wires that power the globe and where they join the globe and how they are insulated and separate from the airpath

The idea of this vape is cool

Seriously FFC

Mine has a bad taste that lingers on my tongue for half hour after
I get a sore throat too
I have never used the CU, it's in the body
The airpath is not sealed because if you block the intake and blow back through, it leaks air out all the seams/joins

The battery spring issue I found was not an issue at all and brought it to the attention of Mike - although Mike never knew this and was going to replace springs
It is like a Deadman switch and only cuts out when the vape is heating and bumped softly
Not when on only and bumped no matter how hard

I had asked if he heard back from the engineers about confirming it being a safety switch that he forgot to mention as a design feature
I have never had a reply to my message letting him know that he didn't need to spend money swapping springs

I am curious about the wires that power the globe and where they join the globe and how they are insulated and separate from the airpath

The idea of this vape is cool
What taste are u tasting? I'm hitting mine as we speak and all I taste is the weed I'm using. Please let me know so I can be aware of it and maybe see if I can replicate the taste from mine. So far so good. Only thing I wish this vape had available was some sort of silicone grip because this vape is ultra smooth and It easily slips out your hands if you don't hold it tight enough

Seriously FFC,

androponic

vaped.
What taste are u tasting? I'm hitting mine as we speak and all I taste is the weed I'm using. Please let me know so I can be aware of it and maybe see if I can replicate the taste from mine. So far so good. Only thing I wish this vape had available was some sort of silicone grip because this vape is ultra smooth and It easily slips out your hands if you don't hold it tight enough
maybe try some silicone tape? they have it in a variety of colors for a little diy grip.

androponic,

felvapes

It's like a factory dust or electric/plastic flavour
The weed flavour is quite good and on first use covered the bad taste, but the half hour after it lingered on the tongue strong
I was able to taste it through the weed on subsequent bowls in the background because I was looking for it, but it is most noticed lingering on the tongue after the sesh, plus the throat irritation that reminds me of exposed coils on some vapes

There is a plasticy smell from through the intake holes also, it is not the PPSU itself as the outside does not smell, it is when you smell the intake holes directly

RAG

Continuing on my bad experience:

The reseller https://vapeurshop.com/ reached out and offered to refund me for my unit, but once I asked him for the return label he suddenly had issues with creating a return label and asked if I could pay for the shipping and they would reimburse me for it along with the payment for the device.

I honestly never replied to that email, just showed me how unserious https://vapeurshop.com/ and to be honest I do not trust the owner Mike at all at this point due to a long conversation with him over DM on Instagram. Can share that conversation in the appropriate thread.

So I reached out to Mike @yllvape and he sent me a new unit. Had to pay customs fees for it around 60usd in total. Now he’s asking me to send the old unit back, will be answering and asking whom is going to pay for that and the import taxes I paid. Will not pay for his troubleshooting or YLLVAPEs failing QC on the units. We’ll see what he replies.

The new unit does not have that burnt plastic taste I reported on my original unit, it doesn’t have that high pitch whistling sound that my original unit had either, but it still has a taste of silicon (not burnt, but you really notice that there is silicone in the airpath) so I finally have a unit that is functioning as intended but do not buy into the hype that was created around this vape. The vapor production is inferior to both Mighty and ALP PRO for example. The taste is also inferior with silicone taste overpowering the taste of the herb. The battery is consumed even though the unit is turned off. Really do not get a single positive review of this vape. I’m now throwing in the towel on this Vape and placing it under never to be used again. Sad since I liked the idea of it, but the execution is poor in my opinion. The new CU can still not be washed in ISO, meaning that an inferior plastic is used. In the redesign the only changed part is friction fit of the magnets and the middle part is in metal instead and that’s the only part that can be washed in iso, meaning that you’ll never get the CU to a pristine state.

I also get a sore throat after using it, which seems very strange to me. My thought immediately is what are we inhaling unawarely trough this vape? What is ofgassing causing this sensation? Do not have the proper equipment to test my claim, anyone here that has the possibility?

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Fucked up.

Does the non isolated air path (where there's no vacuum created when when inhaling with the bottom hole sealed) correlate with the really bad plastic electro taste (so not the silicone taste which I think is quite recognizable, but that unexplained taste reported by some users that is more concerning)?

sickmanfraud

Just like I complimented them when I thought I was getting good service I want to let you know that I am no longer pleased with what they call customer service and I will not do any further business with @VGOODIEZ.

I do not want to get into any "who struck john..." FWIW, I am done with them. I am sure that Scott disagrees. However, I will spend my money where I believe it is appreciated.

Adobewan

Hope there's a resolve, Scott's been consistently involved, informed, and generous to me for years.
Hope it was a misunderstanding and that things get settled.
Best of luck!

Adobewan,

jasp3r

Just like I complimented them when I thought I was getting good service I want to let you know that I am no longer pleased with what they call customer service and I will not do any further business with @VGOODIEZ.

I do not want to get into any "who struck john..." FWIW, I am done with them. I am sure that Scott disagrees. However, I will spend my money where I believe it is appreciated.
What happend?

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer

I am really sorry you feel this way. You asked us to send your CU to another country instead of the address you ordered the unit to. We intended to allow that if you paid the international shipping but unfortunately there was a mixup and it was sent to the address on file. I am not sure why it was not updated but I have opened a conversation with my customer service support to try to find out. We offered to send you a prepaid label to have that shipment forwarded to your original request but you wanted us to send another unit (that we don't have to send right now) and then pay shipping again to get that one back. I am sorry you are not satisfied. We try to accommodate one off requests and sometimes can but even then we make mistakes.

leanpubpackage

It seems like the device flaws has caused folks to be entitled with the distributors, as if the distributor is supposed to make up for device flaws with over the top customer service. It seems like both the distributors and YLL have tried to make things right with the product. I’ve actually only seen less than a handful of folks who have serious complaints about the device, and they keep coming back to complain, even when there’s attempts to amend the issue. I’d would’ve just return my angus at the first opportunity if I were that dissatisfied.

I’m still very happy with mine

RAG

It seems like the device flaws has caused folks to be entitled with the distributors, as if the distributor is supposed to make up for device flaws with over the top customer service. It seems like both the distributors and YLL have tried to make things right with the product. I’ve actually only seen less than a handful of folks who have serious complaints about the device, and they keep coming back to complain, even when there’s attempts to amend the issue. I’d would’ve just return my angus at the first opportunity if I were that dissatisfied.

I’m still very happy with mine
This feels like someone, but I’ll leave that be as if find it comical at this point.

A reseller has responsibilities, especially in the EU. When a reseller doesn’t take responsibility and flat out ignores their customers that have brought a serious flaw to their attention and asking for help from them, then you bet they’ll turn to the manufacturer since they are the ones that choose to partner with the reseller to sell their device. The reseller https://vapeurshop.com/ only offered to refund my order once I wrote about him on FC, before that Mike at vapeurshop ignored me for over a month, at first contact instead of resolving the issues started talking about why I was bad mouthing him and his company online. I got so tired of the BS from his side that I said that I’ll only take it over email and if we’re staying on topic since he was talking about everything else than the issue at hand with my device. To my surprise he actually replied to my email, said that he’d refund me if I sent back my device. Asked him for a return label and got the response that he was unable to create a return label and asked if I could ship it at my own expense. As I do not trust the reseller whatsoever I’m quite reluctant at throwing more money at it to get back a joke sum tbh, and quite certain that I’d never receive a refund from https://vapeurshop.com/ since there are other people that have had issues with Mike at https://vapeurshop.com/ on FC. So At that point I gave up and reported https://vapeurshop.com/ for selling an unsafe product in the EU.

The customer service at https://vapeurshop.com/ was abysmal and nonexistent, only excuses and pretty words with no actual intention of helping the customer, and this was only done after outing it on FC. This would already have been resolved if they cared about their customers.

Last edited:

terpsmcfee

The new CU is nice! Lot's of air flow.
Yup, just opened mine a couple of minutes ago and gave it a little huff and indeed airflow seems quite good!

Later this evening will use it for real and anticipate a great outcome. I may be wrong in my timeline, but it appears approx. a month passed btwn. TWO reports of plastic melting and this replacement in my hand today. If indeed it’s been only a month turn around that’s an astounding response in my book!

As I have stated b4 this has been a flawless unit for me and thus my previous post about ordering a second unit as testimony of my trust and satisfaction with this vape.

My history with other “small batch artisanal makers” hasn’t been good. Had trouble with a number of them including one(Firewood)in which the walnut shell cracked all the way through due to inserting battery and then removing it. There were others as well. This has been the most issue free vape right from the box since getting my OG Mighty a few years ago.

Am I saying people aren’t having valid concerns? Of course not, but put it in perspective, TWO issues out of hundreds and perhaps thousands of units in the wild? Somebody do the math, the number is nearly inconsequential.

Last edited:

4-Aces King-High

Yup, just opened mine a couple of minutes ago and gave it a little huff and indeed airflow seems quite good!

Later this evening will use it for real and anticipate a great outcome. I may be wrong in my timeline, but it appears approx. a month passed btwn. TWO reports of plastic melting and this replacement in my hand today. If indeed it’s been only a month turn around thats an astounding response in my book!

As I have stated b4 this has been a flawless unit for me and thus my previous post about ordering a second unit as testimony of my trust and satisfaction with this vape.

My history with other “small batch artisanal makers” hasn’t been good. Had trouble with a number of them including one(Firewood)in which the walnut shell cracked all the way through due to inserting battery and then removing it. There were others as well. This has been the most issue free vape right from the box since getting my OG Mighty a few years ago.

Am I saying people aren’t having valid concerns? Of course not, but put it in perspective, TWO issues out of hundreds and perhaps thousands of units in the wild? Somebody do the math, The number is nearly inconsequential.
Just got my new CU today- nice and flavorful

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Am I saying people aren’t having valid concerns? Of course not, but put it in perspective, TWO issues out of hundreds and perhaps thousands of units in the wild? Somebody do the math, the number is nearly inconsequential.

That's great that you love yours, but the perspective that you put it in, makes it sound like you actually are saying that lol You distilled it down two people with an issue that wasn't even being discussed here most recently... Might want to check your own math before spinning something this way?

Last edited:

terpsmcfee

That's great that you love yours, but the perspective that you put it in, makes it sound like you actually are saying that lol You distilled it down two people with an issue that wasn't even being discussed here most recently... Might want to check your own math before spinning something this way?
Well the most “serious” issues presented have been TWO incidents of melted plastic in the cu/mouthpiece. The only other concerns I recall have been nebulous charges of “taste” which by its very nature are highly subjective. I don’t taste anything but my cannabis as it should be.

Is it possible there are people with above average palates? Could these folks taste something I can’t? Possibly.

I didn’t do any math simply suggested dividing the TWO instances of melting by the number of units in the wild, be it hundreds or thousands would yield a very low # and I stand by that. I have had instances of true defects in other vapes(Firewood, OG TinyMight) that exceeded TWO instances and I’m just one person.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well the most “serious” issues presented have been TWO incidents of melted plastic in the cu/mouthpiece. The only other concerns I recall have been nebulous charges of “taste” which by its very nature are highly subjective. I don’t taste anything but my cannabis as it should be.

Is it possible there are people with above average palates? Could these folks taste something I can’t? Possibly.

I didn’t do any math simply suggested dividing the TWO instances of melting by the number of units in the wild, be it hundreds or thousands would yield a very low # and I stand by that. I have had instances of true defects in other vapes(Firewood, OG TinyMight) that exceeded TWO instances and I’m just one person.

You missed my point, all I can say is skim backwards reading this thread, you will see that you are sharing inaccurate info above... (at least I hope, and maybe see the fallacies in what you are suggesting about taste too)

Top Bottom