The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Texus

Looking back at your replies on this thread, you seem very emotionally invested in this device and manufacturer. Something to consider when you read messages in this thread. That might temper some of your assumptions.
I like the device quite a lot. Manufacturer seems responsive. And sometimes treatment of manufacturer feels unfair. That's it in a nutshell.

And note that in my original reply to this post I explicitly asked if he was that person. Now we know.

It's not like I'm slinging around accusations of counterfeit CE certification and insinuating that early buyers are planted shills (*cough, cough*).

And I hope my comments above shed some light on why the melted pieces are so puzzling.

Vaporific.ca

Retailer
Hello FC friends!

We have received the updated Angus Cooling Units. We haven’t had time to fully test the new CU, so no comments on functionality yet. But the new metal components appear to be robust and well designed. These updates should address the issues and concerns we all have. We wanted to share some pictures of the new CU and parts as we feel it is an important issue and information to get out to the community. We are not the manufacturer of this device but we advise high caution if you choose to use the original plastic parts. We suggest discarding the plastic parts and not risk any chances.

We’re not familiar with how to post pictures on FC. Here’s a link to our Instagram post with pictures of updated Angus CU.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cmw5Z2QurwY/?hl=en

Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The plastic taste exists in the unit not in the CU. Read my posts again, couldn’t be clearer. I received the new CU this Tuesday. Have not even tried it as the plastic taste come from the unit and not the CU.

Yeah, I read your previous posts so I knew you weren't someone who posted about a melting CU and I thought your posts today were extremely clear... Certainly annoying to have emails seem ignored, sounds like an exceptionally bad retailer, nice that we have places like this so the manufacturer could notice your communication more easily and respond much more quickly too... Hopefully they get you all sorted and satisfied soon!

Anyway I just wanted to add that this is the same issue I still have with mine, I did not try to process a warranty claim (with them or VGZ) however can confirm it has nothing to do with the cooling unit... Unpleasant "plastic" (or silicone or whatever) flavors persist from within the Angus itself for me.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hello FC friends!

We have received the updated Angus Cooling Units. We haven’t had time to fully test the new CU, so no comments on functionality yet. But the new metal components appear to be robust and well designed. These updates should address the issues and concerns we all have. We wanted to share some pictures of the new CU and parts as we feel it is an important issue and information to get out to the community. We are not the manufacturer of this device but we advise high caution if you choose to use the original plastic parts. We suggest discarding the plastic parts and not risk any chances.

We’re not familiar with how to post pictures on FC. Here’s a link to our Instagram post with pictures of updated Angus CU.

Adding the photos here (sans the beach photos):

4-Aces King-High

I have a question .
I purchased an Angus from the UK, I Am in the US,Will the Retailer contact me to send the NEW Cooling unit or forget about it due to Shipping?
One I purchased from VGoodiEZ - They are First-class for customer service. And have done so ,thanks.

Texus

Yeah, I read your previous posts so I knew you weren't someone who posted about a melting CU and I thought your posts today were extremely clear... Certainly annoying to have emails seem ignored, sounds like an exceptionally bad retailer, nice that we have places like this so the manufacturer could notice your communication more easily and respond much more quickly too... Hopefully they get you all sorted and satisfied soon!

Anyway I just wanted to add that this is the same issue I still have with mine, I did not try to process a warranty claim (with them or VGZ) however can confirm it has nothing to do with the cooling unit... Unpleasant "plastic" (or silicone or whatever) flavors persist from within the Angus itself for me.
Well hopefully someone with this issue will get their unit back to YLL so they can investigate. I stick my nose right down in there and smell nothing.

Texus

I might rather sending it to you actually lol
Would be happy to compare my early one to a problatic one if someone wants to lend me theirs. As I've said repeatedly, I'm surprised that others are having these issues that I am not. Could well be a difference between the early small batch I was part of and a later production version.

COVID?

:D:razz::cheers:

Kidding, I’m glad you got one of the good ones.
OH I am such a foodie I'd notice loss of smell immediately.

Let's hope we get to a point where they are all good ones. First vape product design, production and lauches are tough.

EDIT: sorry just noticed I'd double posted.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

It's highly speculative of course but I think the difference in flavor experience is either caused by varying levels of sensitivity to the silicone we know is in the vapor path. Silicone has a pretty distinct taste though, can easily be distinguished from plastic ime. I consider - well considered at least lol - myself pretty sensitive to impure flavor, but with the stock mp I really had to try to taste the silicone, and with the wpa a found no dilution. This is why I'm thinking the second possibility is that it is a plastic taste, which could be explained by a faulty unit or worst case a design issue. I have been reluctant to use mine unfortunately because of this, and the silicone ring above the chamber as well... Lots of potency, but also some thing to sort out still, if only to put the customers at ease.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I received my replacement mp from Mike. The all metal screen chamber is the most urgent improvement and seems well executed. I also think it's easier to remove than in the previous model, although with buildup it is probably still gonna take some effort. The chamber has two slits in the side through which the vapor reaches the cooling path of the cu.

The silicone is still there unfortunately. I took it out because it's not necessary for the mp to function (I think it cancels the cooling path though). I haven't tried it yet because I am not doing herb these days.

Also unfortunately, as expected though, it doesn't address the ring above the herb chamber. I hope a WPA will be developed where the screen chamber slides into that oring.

sickmanfraud

Hello FC friends!

can the new CU be used with / soaked in ISO?

sickmanfraud,

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
FYI FC: YLL has released an official PSA directing owners to NOT use the old cooling unit and switch exclusively to the new one. While it hasnt been ascertained exactly whats happening with melting inside the CU, theres enough evidence to suggest its a real concern, however remote, and for the sake of health and safety, YLL is instructing everyone to use the new CU exclusively.

Re: the bulb - its a G5.3, 50W.

Shit Snacks

anyone wanna donate or loan out an angus for science? I have a thermal camera, 3d scanner, digital microscope. wouldn't mind doing a tear down.

could also do the final fitting for this guy - my friend sent measurements but im sure it needs some adjusting

Doesn't look like this would bypass the o-ring at the top of the chamber though?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: 364F

blisty

Seems there are multiple problems with this device..
What are the pro's and cons of getting one?
It's within my budget and I'm looking for a new one..
But if there are too many problems with it...

Shit Snacks

Seems there are multiple problems with this device..
What are the pro's and cons of getting one?
It's within my budget and I'm looking for a new one..
But if there are too many problems with it...

Pros would be the form factor and simplicity with powerful heater? Swappable batteries and reasonable price...

Cons would depend a bit on you, for me the vapor quality and flavor is awful, o-ring in the vapor path with stock cooling units and WPA, however dynavap stems can fit to bypass it with smaller loads... I said above could just be my unit tasting bad inside as defective?

So yeah up to you to decide if you trust everything else about it, depending how you plan on using it, if you want session style with large heater like this, I don't think I like session very much, I feel like this would have been more effective on demand with more removable cleanable chambers and pure pathways...

Remember it is still a relatively new product, so there is some inherent risk, only a few cases of burnt out bulbs it seems? Just skim through the thread if you want to try to get a sense of it although it's a bit messy now

Top Bottom