The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

RAG

New CU arrived. Still a taste of burnt plastic in my unit. With our without the new cu. Both reseller and manufacturer ignore my concerns and have not replied regarding that even though I’ve sent multiple emails and dms to both Mike and the reseller about the issue. Bought my unit trough https://vapeurshop.com which I do not recommend to anyone due to not being a serious business since he’s ignoring my emails. Will be reporting him and yllvape due to selling an unsafe product in EU and ignoring a customers concerns and not investigating it.

Last edited:

blisty

New CU arrived. Still a taste of burnt plastic in my unit. With our without the new cu. Both reseller and manufacturer ignore my concerns and have not replied regarding that even though I’ve sent multiple emails and dms to both Mike and the reseller about the issue. Bought my unit trough https://vapeurshop.com/produit/angus-yllvape-vaporisateur-portable/ which I do not recommend to anyone due to not being a serious business.
And is the taste of burnt plastic caused by a problem you had with the old CU and it got melted in your device?

I found that reseller too and they have a sharp price + a discount code now with free shipping..

If i buy the device there with the new CU...
What y'all think?

blisty,

RAG

And is the taste of burnt plastic caused by a problem you had with the old CU and it got melted in your device?

I found that reseller too and they have a sharp price + a discount code now with free shipping..

What y'all think?
No the burnt plastic taste is coming from the unit and not the CU. Probably got a bad unit, but their handling of it is a joke. I would not trust https://vapeurshop.com/ or Yllvape with a single dime of my money anytime in the future due to ignoring the concerns about a burnt plastic taste from the unit.

YLLVAPE OFFICAL

Accessory Maker
New CU arrived. Still a taste of burnt plastic in my unit. With our without the new cu. Both reseller and manufacturer ignore my concerns and have not replied regarding that even though I’ve sent multiple emails and dms to both Mike and the reseller about the issue. Bought my unit trough https://vapeurshop.com which I do not recommend to anyone due to not being a serious business since he’s ignoring my emails. Will be reporting him and yllvape due to selling an unsafe product in EU and ignoring a customers concerns and not investigating it.
Hello, the new Cooling unit not land in vapeurshop yet. The package is on the flight to them. Please send me the email :mike@yllvape.com for your issue. And we will handle your concern with vapeurahop.

RAG

Hello, the new Cooling unit not land in vapeurshop yet. The package is on the flight to them. Please send me the email :mike@yllvape.com for your issue. And we will handle your concern with vapeurahop.
I have emailed you and talked with you over DM on insta. You Said tour get back to me but never did regarding the plastic taste out of my unit. You Said you’d check with your engineers, I reminded you about it as well but you just sent a new CU ignoring my concerns about the burnt plastic taste coming from the unit and not the CU. You have my details. Just sent you and https://vapeurshop.com/ email as well with a link to my above post. You can find my email there and my previous emails. From that you can also get my name and check you insta inbox.

Find it kind of incredible I had to post like this to get a response about my concerns.

checkyourlibido

What y'all think?
I would never buy any newly designed and released vape from anyone that doesn't have a bulletproof warranty and great customer service. I don't want to pay to be their beta tester.

I'm definitely not saying this is the case here. But to me, this thread has been a rough read. But I'm very happy for the many people who have enjoyed this vape. And I'm happy that so many in the community support new designs. I'm a medical user and get too frustrated with things, I'm a bit of a grump. Thankfully the vibe here on most threads bring me up.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I truly hope that all of the problems that this unit might have get resolved. It would be a shame for me to just give it up. I really love how it looks and feels. It is not in my rotation presently. I am not sure if it will be until further notice but, I truly support the company. I mean...I have. I have purchased everything affiliated with it. I am waiting for my new CU. Rome was not built in a day...but, the problems that maybe happening are pretty crucial and should be addressed for our health. I too am a medical user. I am a patient. I need security in that aspect. I was a bit put off by the smell. So...I just set it aside. I am thankful that I have other vapes to medicate with...Angus, be fixed soon buddy. Lots of us really like you...

Darr1

So... been loving this and received a new CU from an excellent supplier, however, yesterday evening after packing my angus and waiting for it to reach temp there was no vapour !! On checking it appears the bulb is now not coming on, I tried resetting, recharging batteries etc however all to no avail. I've emailed the seller who I believe is closed until after Xmas and I am 100% sure it will be made right. Anyone else had this issue?

Texus

What is the time frame here? How long ago did you send these emails? This is a busy time of year with many people taking time off and COVID is currently ripping thru China. It is one thing if it has been a month since you got a reply. Another if it has only been a week during the Christmas/New Year's season.

The device has a warranty so if this issue remains I don't see why you wouldn't get a warranty replacement. That'd also let YLL get a good first-hand look at what is going on.

Does make me grateful for having bought from @VGOODIEZ though.

You are the one who used the old CU knowing it had problems and was being replaced right? Well, it sounds like that decision may have led to some melted plastic getting down into hot bulb and ball area. Or maybe if there are signs of the source of the smell (usually there are physical indicators that come with smell) your unit could provide the answer to what is going on here).

Do you really think Mike @YLL doesn't want to get to the bottom of this and make his customers happy? This turnaround on designing and manufacturing the new CU is about the fastest I've ever seen. Hardly an unresponsive manufacturer in that regard.

Last edited:

RAG

What is the time frame here? How long ago did you send these emails? This is a busy time of year with many people taking time off and COVID is currently ripping thru China. It is one thing if it has been a month since you got a reply. Another if it has only been a week during the Christmas/New Year's season.

The device has a warranty so if this issue remains I don't see why you wouldn't get a warranty replacement. That'd also let YLL get a good first-hand look at what is going on.

Does make me grateful for having bought from @VGOODIEZ though.
Excuses. Emails and DMs were sent over a month ago, and that’s just the latest email and DMs. To both the reseller and manufacturer. After I put them up on blast here Mike reached out and notified that he’ll be sending out a new unit tomorrow if Vapeurshop.com doesnt answer him today. I will be sending my original unit back to him directly.

Well if you don’t even get replies from either the manufacturer or the reseller how much is that warranty actually worth? Doubt that most buyers have the energy or dare to post like me. I just don’t give a F, I hold companies to a higher standard than most. It’s a matter of principle.

Lucky to have serious and responsible resellers over the pond. Not the case with vapeurshop.com.

Last edited:

Easywider

Simple is the way
No the burnt plastic taste is coming from the unit and not the CU. Probably got a bad unit, but their handling of it is a joke. I would not trust https://vapeurshop.com/ or Yllvape with a single dime of my money anytime in the future due to ignoring the concerns about a burnt plastic taste from the unit.

I also had a bad experience with https://vapeurshop.com/ got tired of the run around, ended up having to get my bank to resolve the issue with a CC chargeback. First time I’ve ever had to go that route. Very unprofessional experience, caught them in a few lies and lost patience.

Texus

Excuses. Emails and DMs were sent over a month ago, and that’s just the latest email and DMs. To both the reseller and manufacturer. After I put them up on blast here Mike reached out and notified that he’ll be sending out a new unit tomorrow if Vapeurshop.com doesnt answer him today. I will be sending my original unit back to him directly.

Well if you don’t even get replies from either the manufacturer or the reseller how much is that warranty actually worth? Doubt that most buyers have the energy or dare to post like me. I just don’t give a F, I hold companies to a higher standard than most. It’s a matter of principle.

Lucky to have serious and responsible resellers over the pond. Not the case with vapeurshop.com.
But the new CU wasn't ready over a month ago, was it? I am not aware of anyone else who has even gotten one, retailer or customer. I don't think I've even seen a pic of the new CU in the wild in this thread.

RAG

But the new CU wasn't ready over a month ago, was it? I am not aware of anyone else who has even gotten one, retailer or customer. I don't think I've even seen a pic of the new CU in the wild in this thread.
The plastic taste exists in the unit not in the CU. Read my posts again, couldn’t be clearer. I received the new CU this Tuesday. Have not even tried it as the plastic taste come from the unit and not the CU.

So... been loving this and received a new CU from an excellent supplier, however, yesterday evening after packing my angus and waiting for it to reach temp there was no vapour !! On checking it appears the bulb is now not coming on, I tried resetting, recharging batteries etc however all to no avail. I've emailed the seller who I believe is closed until after Xmas and I am 100% sure it will be made right. Anyone else had this issue?
I had the same thing happen this morning. I’ve had mine since mid-November, pretty heavy use using the WPA, and no issues really. This morning I pack a bowl turn it on and the indicator light just stayed where it was, didn’t blink for all the spots and doesn’t move when you hit the button. It vibrates when you press the button, but otherwise nothing. I removed the weed and pressed again to see if the light is working. Nope. I emailed my supplier as well - who is awesome - but I’m really disappointed. I know that the vape is controversial but it is perfect for my use.

Darr1

I had the same thing happen this morning. I’ve had mine since mid-November, pretty heavy use using the WPA, and no issues really. This morning I pack a bowl turn it on and the indicator light just stayed where it was, didn’t blink for all the spots and doesn’t move when you hit the button. It vibrates when you press the button, but otherwise nothing. I removed the weed and pressed again to see if the light is working. Nope. I emailed my supplier as well - who is awesome - but I’m really disappointed. I know that the vape is controversial but it is perfect for my use.
Mine was from the first batch shipped. Been loving it despite some negative comments on here. Seems we have the first ones where the bulbs have failed though !! Nonetheless, I'm not worried as I've seen how quickly the manufacturer puts things right, the CU being the perfect example

Mine was from the first batch shipped. Been loving it despite some negative comments on here. Seems we have the first ones where the bulbs have failed though !! Nonetheless, I'm not worried as I've seen how quickly the manufacturer puts things right, the CU being the perfect example
Yeah, I was in one of the early retailer shipments. Do you hear any rattling in yours? Gently shaking mine has a rattle, but I guess that could be the glass beads.

visionshadows,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
You are the one who used the old CU knowing it had problems and was being replaced right? Well, it sounds like that decision may have led to some melted plastic getting down into hot bulb and ball area.
Have people been advised to stop using the old CU? On this thread several people, including you, insinuated that there was something suspicious about the two melted CU incidents. In any case, it still seems weird to blame RAG for the problems they are having with this device.

Texus

Have people been advised to stop using the old CU? On this thread several people, including you, insinuated that there was something suspicious about the two melted CU incidents. In any case, it still seems weird to blame RAG for the problems they are having with this device.
They absolutely have. @VGOODIEZ has sent emails out to all his buyers about it.

And yes I am trying to wrap my head around how the melting could have happened based on the physics involved and how far it is from the heater as well as some indication that the flower didn't combust (tho not 100% clear if that is the case. I keep looking at the CU and body and distance from heater and just can't figure that out personally. In fact, I just comfortably held my finger on the rim of the bowl for an entire hearing cycle with the Angus at max temp and it barely got warm. Metal around it got a wee bit warmer but still quite comfortable to the touch.

But based on the reply of RAG it seems that he was not the recent melted CU piece guy, which I mistakenly assumed.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
But based on the reply of RAG it seems that he was not the recent melted CU piece guy, which I mistakenly assumed.
Looking back at your replies on this thread, you seem very emotionally invested in this device and manufacturer. Something to consider when you read messages in this thread. That might temper some of your assumptions.

Edited to add: To clarify, I am not having a go at you. I meant this as sincere advice. I know it is helpful for me to consider my motivation when I reply to someone.

Last edited:

Adobewan

I, too, have wondered about the melted plastic. You'd be hard pressed to melt the plastic on my mouthpiece with my Angus heater, just cannot see it happening.
OTOH, had I not known better and soaked that part of my mouthpiece in ISO, I believe it might dissolve in a similar fashion.
Starting to feel guilty that my Angus has been 100% and my dosing caps rock but have my fingers crossed that all customers will be taken care of by Yllvape.

Edit: Sorry, have been back and forth on the ALP and Angus threads, the dosing caps don't apply here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom