The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Looks like a milk ball rig by RickBirdBarry currently sold at vgoodiez

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
So I don't really want to use my Angus anymore with this battery draining issue. There is some potential for this not to be safe and it could be a short somewhere. So I thought I better clean it up.

Man the CU is a dreadful design. It's really hard to get apart. Anyone got any tips on doing this? there is nothing to grab hold of. My screen was already starting to clogg. I think the CU needs a total redesign.

smith.street.band

So I don't really want to use my Angus anymore with this battery draining issue. There is some potential for this not to be safe and it could be a short somewhere. So I thought I better clean it up.

Man the CU is a dreadful design. It's really hard to get apart. Anyone got any tips on doing this? there is nothing to grab hold of. My screen was already starting to clogg. I think the CU needs a total redesign.

I’m a bit nervous around my unit now too as it is actually a tiny bit warm after being turned off for the night. So i take the battery cover off when I’m not using it.

The CU is really bad designed but I still use it. Bad airflow and an annoying sound when pulling. Gonna mod it with a different screen and maybe balls or something. In terms of getting apart I would do it when it’s warm and the grab hold of the middle edge with the lock symbols on. It’s about as difficult as the Mighty I think.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
It sounds like this problem is only affecting a few people. I would try to get it replaced under warranty service. I'm sure they will take care of you.

Breaking Bud

I was given 10 pre-production units. As we have discussed there was not enough time to provide feedback before the production units came out.

I selected the 10 people based and who contacted me first regarding interest in the Angus. They were provided a 25% discount on the unit and because YLL gave me the WPA and water tool for free, I passed those items on for free.

Most of these folks aren't even on FC or any other forum. So all of this speculation about coordinated marketing to promote hype is absolute garbage. Nobody was told to say anything, good bad or indifferent.

I'm kind of tired of being accused of sending out shills. Sorry we provide good products and services to our customer. We answer all of their questions before and after the sale. It seems people really like that. I can't control if they come to FC or Reddit or any other place to express their satisfaction. But for people to continue to insinuate that it is being directed by us is absolute garbage. To insinuate that this campaign of hype on this product was facilitated is garbage.
VG are totally stand up nice to do business with . They care about their customers . No one should question their integrity imo.

Not sure I'd say hilarious but certainly atypical for an FC poster.
Positive feedback from current users provides a bit of buyer security. Negative feedback warns and discourages, again protecting this community of buyers. This is one of the values of FC. Feedback from intelligent, seasoned vapists with wide ranging user experiences.
Here's mine regarding the Angus.

Upfront, like my Sticky Brick, Milanna, Daab, and Tinymight, I was introduced to the Angus by my buddy Scott at VGoodieZ. I feel lucky to call Scott my buddy as he consistently exhibits generosity and commitment to the vape community, behind the scenes, way beyond the call of duty, and has never steered me wrong. He's part of what makes FC great!
Onto the Angus.

I'm sensitive to smells and tastes in vapes, from silicone to mechanical oils, the slightest off-smell will unfortunately shelf a vape for me.
I detected no trace of smell or taste from the Angus. It's been nothing but smooth sailing from the get-go. Quick heat up, great flavor, easy to load and dump, nice looking and has some weight in the hand. The one caveat I'd mention would be that the current mouthpiece is made from a material that does not tolerate alcohol. I was willing to live with the discoloration on the screen lock but was grateful for the news of the metal redesign.
It shares some similarities to the Mighty, and while I don't have a Mighty, it blows away my Crafty.
If I were to wishlist, after the mouthpiece redesign, I'd ask for an on-demand mode.

Regarding this being a failure. I'm scratching my head at the suggestion. I could go on about all the positives I derive from FC, but a staple is the focus group aspect. I'm glad to have access to beta test new vapes, and to swim with others more knowledgeable than I. I've been here long enough to have witnessed actual failures, vapes that never got made, vapes that off-gassed, that came apart, that failed, etc. When a manufacturer is willing to redesign and redevelop based on the user base, as Mike seems to be doing with the Angus, that leads to better vapes.
My hope is that Mike will send out the redesigned mouthpieces to all original purchasers free of charge as not only did I get myself a unit but two more for Christmas gifts.

The Angus gets my recommendation.
I also think the Angus is a very solid device. Since mouthpiece gate I've strictly been using their WPA and it rocks. Strong cloudy hits with only a hint of flavor, unfotunately. Gotta figure out why. I strongly disagree that it blows away the Crafty. I just vaped some candy tasting Indica from my Crafty and I really enjoyed the terpenes. I also didn't have any issue with the OG CU before I went with water. I think the Angus has a lot of potential for success going forward if the redisgned CU is on point. That and they unlock flavor.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I also think the Angus is a very solid device. Since mouthpiece gate I've strictly been using their WPA and it rocks. Strong cloudy hits with only a hint of flavor, unfotunately. Gotta figure out why. I strongly disagree that it blows away the Crafty. I just vaped some candy tasting Indica from my Crafty and I really enjoyed the terpenes. I also didn't have any issue with the OG CU before I went with water. I think the Angus has a lot of potential for success going forward if the redisgned CU is on point. That and they unlock flavor.
Take the thick screen out of the wpa try

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Hey @YLLVAPE OFFICAL when are we all getting our cooling units replaced?

Also, my angus has been in its case this past week because of my new Z8 and was still at 5 when I took it out.

Zuhdj,
Reactions: 364F

Manako_

I also have the battery drain problem, I was the first to report it here on the forum, I have tried it with several pairs of new batteries and the drain is slow but it can drain less than half of the batteries in one night placed in the vaporizer
I don't really know if it is safe to use the Vape like this, if anyone can say something about it I would really appreciate it, I have modified the CU to be able to use a Stem, so I guess I ran out of warranty, I don't mind using the mod so I don't use it as a street vape and I have plenty of batteries to be at home, but if it really has any danger then I would stop using it.

I take this opportunity to say that I love the Angus, I have many first class vapes such as Anvil, Tm, Minivap, Revolve etc and the Angus is the one I am using the most now, I love it with the mod to place the Stem and also in water, it seems to me the better in performance and how it takes advantage of the charge, in addition to the flavor, I am delighted with it, I did not think that it would unseat others that I have, for me it is worth every euro of this vape without a doubt, if they end up releasing an improved version with the small problems now for me it will be the mod to recommend for many of its virtues

Last edited:

floribud

The first time you open it is going to be difficult. Run a hot session first, then try the tweezers or some pliers on the center lock ring. Then once it's open rub some Dynawax or Beeswax around the o-ring. I always do that with my Mightys. Makes it easy to open and close.

I disagree about the "total redesign" which, by the way, is not happening. It gets just about as cloggy, just as fast as a Mighty... to me that's acceptable. Cleaning has been pretty simple, but it in a coffee mug and pour some near boiling water over it. Let is set 3 or 4 minutes that should take care of it

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Does anyone elses device turn off if you "place it down" with a little bit of force on the table?
does anyone else's unit shut off when it gets set down on the table? i mean i shouldn't have to be so delicate with this i don't think. This is a little more gently than I'd set a glass on a granite counter, the recording is just very loud for some reason.

I should mention that I am the guy that dropped his so it's likely because of that if this isn't a common issue.

I can get mine to shut off as well when "setting" it down but I need to use more force then I would ever normally use and it has to be set down vertically. If I apply the same level of force on its side it stays on. My guess is that the spring loaded battery terminals are disengaging when it's "slammed" down.

Been following the thread but not sure whether the "set down-shut off" issue has been addressed? Mine has started to do it.

Otherwise I'm still really enjoying this vape and glad to see that the maker is back and welcome material improvements to the CU

Its the spring thing, we use the stronger one

I can confirm that my device does turn off if I tap it down onto my table, and I'm not even setting it down hard. Have to place it gingerly.

Texus

Think I've found an ideal glass WPA for the Angus. Still need to tinker around with best screen option but you can adjust your own depth. As with other all-glass solutions I used small unground nugs. "Take me to your leader"

Ole Stubby.

sickmanfraud

Think I've found an ideal glass WPA for the Angus. Still need to tinker around with best screen option but you can adjust your own depth. As with other all-glass solutions I used small unground nugs. "Take me to your leader"

Ole Stubby.

@Texus Is the only o-ring the one on the Ole Stubby the one shown? Is no O-ring needed in the bowl?

A question for all what is the smallest amount of cannabis that you have successfully tested in the Angus?

sickmanfraud,

Texus

@Texus Is the only o-ring the one on the Ole Stubby the one shown? Is no O-ring needed in the bowl?

A question for all what is the smallest amount of cannabis that you have successfully tested in the Angus?
That o-ring came with Ole Stubby but isn't needed. Good enough of a press fit on mine with the stock o-ring built into the herb chamber at the top of it.

But by keeping that orange one on there helps guarantee a good seal both with glass and chamber and the 14mm male with whatever glass you are using. Tho there was good enough fit with Milkball that it was unnecessary in that pairing. But we've all probably had experience with inconsistently sized 14mm female joints...

Last edited:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Wasn’t there a tear down scheduled for this device? @VGOODIEZ,are you still too busy to tear down the defective unit you received? Shouldn’t take more than a couple of hrs
It wasn't defective. I broke it. And it's a busy time of the year for business owners. My parents are in the same boat going crazy trying to keep up. Just be patient he'll get to it. He's a good guy. In the meantime, a more important question is probably when our cooling units will be replaced

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
It wasn't defective. I broke it. And it's a busy time of the year for business owners. My parents are in the same boat going crazy trying to keep up. Just be patient he'll get to it. He's a good guy. In the meantime, a more important question is probably when our cooling units will be replaced
Indeed, I mixed your unit with @RAG one

Andreaerdna,

someTooL

Ole Stubby.

Thanks for the heads up. I have an Ed’s 14mm that fits nicely also.

Silly question, are you stuffing the glass WPA with the load or just using the WPA to cover a packed oven?

someTooL,

checkyourlibido

Wasn’t there a tear down scheduled for this device? @VGOODIEZ,are you still too busy to tear down the defective unit you received? Shouldn’t take more than a couple of hrs
That roast was hotter than a pair of batteries in an Angus.

Seriously though, I have a good feeling about this vape. I think the kinks can get worked out. It seems like most people are already loving it, I can easily imagine the Angus being huge. But I'm going to wait and also express gratitude to all of the feedback on this thread.

@BawlmerMerlin I have missed out more than once. But I guess that's how it goes with the good stuff.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
@checkyourlibido , you are right I should control myself, and i will stop asking.
to my defense, I like very much halogen bulb as heater, i think we can’t get more clean heater than this (encapsulated in glass). I almost bought a angus, and i still want. but i do want to know better its guts

Top Bottom