• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil
the public forum where these tough questions get asked makes it a bit more complicated though, don't you think?

It's the ideal place for questions to get answered. You have as much time to formulate a reply as you like and your response is seen by many, meaning, you have to repeat yourself less.

Yeah I think that's the type of assumption that runs a business to the ground real quick tbh
I don't see how getting as much accurate information about your product out in the wilderness as possible would run a business into the ground?

My point was, if I took the time to answer someone's question and they didn't buy the product, then maybe someone else who had the same/similar question would see my reply, consider their question answered and maybe buy the vape.

Last edited:

BL4ZE

I agree that some of the questions in here could have been worded differently. On the same token we're communicating through text which lacks any tone, facial expressions etc. Personally, I think manufacturers have to be ready to face the heat and answer the questions. Yes, heavy scrutiny may hurt sells short term but the cream always rises to the top.

Texus

I think what @Texus means is if we had been a bit more polite, the manufacturer may still want to be on this forum.

Which I agree with.

Bingo. I am not suggesting that we shouldn't ask questions of manufacturers. But I am suggesting that there are ways to do this that do not leave the manufacturer regarding FC as toxic and no longer wanting to engage with other forum members on these threads.

I mean we're still hearing about this weird "fake CE" shit when YLL has posted the certification document that has the information needed to confirm on the issuing organization's webpage.

And the standards that YLL is being held to with questions about the specific 3M adhesive, etc seem to be overkill relative to any other interrogation of manufacturers I've seen here. I'll let y'all speculate as to why. I have my thoughts but they didn't go over well.

Anyway, at least the folks over at 420VZ know how to be polite, considerate and supportive while still asking questions and providing feedback. I'm sure YLL will find interacting with them much more pleasurable than this thread.

And with that, I'll let it go. Y'all keep poisoning the well to scare away manufacturers if you feel so inclined. I've made my argument for a more supportive, civil forum. I won't be commenting on that further in this thread.

jasp3r

Bingo. I am not suggesting that we shouldn't ask questions of manufacturers. But I am suggesting that there are ways to do this that do not leave the manufacturer regarding FC as toxic and no longer wanting to engage with other forum members on these threads.

I mean we're still hearing about this weird "fake CE" shit when YLL has posted the certification document that has the information needed to confirm on the issuing organization's webpage.

And the standards that YLL is being held to with questions about the specific 3M adhesive, etc seem to be overkill relative to any other interrogation of manufacturers I've seen here. I'll let y'all speculate as to why. I have my thoughts but they didn't go over well.

Anyway, at least the folks over at 420VZ know how to be polite, considerate and supportive while still asking questions and providing feedback. I'm sure YLL will find interacting with them much more pleasurable than this thread.

And with that, I'll let it go. Y'all keep poisoning the well to scare away manufacturers if you feel so inclined. I've made my argument for a more supportive, civil forum. I won't be commenting on that further in this thread.
If you can't handle the heat, don't get in the kitchen is my message to him. And if he considers FC heat then good luck in exceeding in an already hyper-competitve industry...

Ever think he went to the discord cause the people there aren't as, how do I say it without sounding elitist.... experienced?

Think if you are going to highlight him leaving FC (Which he hasn't given he was online 12 hours ago) to Discord cause of our vibes, maybe consider he is trying to get people to buy his units. 420VZ Discord is essentially the vaporents of vape discords

He gets a clean slate and meanwhile there are 49 pages of details here that I think would make anyone second guess this based on the hype it received.

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!

While I support the message you and @davesmith re: being reasonable in your query, I guess I just didn’t see anything that wasn’t until folks got evasive answers. Re: the level of scrutiny I think it’s great that more people are asking about it. It should be the norm given we’re inhaling things. I guess I only see it being more thorough here because a lot of the smaller artisan style vapes are a little easier to determine what is going on.

I don’t know. You’re entitled to your opinion. To me this whole thing just reads like a manufacturer did a great job of finding a few people here, on Reddit, or social media. Whether through samples, discounts, a contract or whatever (maybe just people excited for exposure on their yt/instagram/general social media brand online) they recruited a bunch of hype men, and now that there’s some scrutiny the hype is turning out to be a little overblown.

I’m all for another manufacturer and especially an innovative device at good prices. These questions pertaining to safety just seem pretty basic to me, so if a manufacturer can’t engage with them I guess it’s probably not the vape for me.

Last edited:

jasp3r

I don’t know. You’re entitled to your opinion. To me this whole thing just reads like a manufacturer did a great job of finding a few people here, on Reddit, or social media and whether through samples or discounts or a contract or whatever (maybe just people excited for exposure on their yt/instagram/general social media brand online) recruited a bunch of hype men, and now that there’s some scrutiny the hype is turning out to be a little overblown.
This. I think a lot of people got excited they were chosen to get a vape early and let that bias into their reviews

Bruskee

I had to enlarge very little for the stem to enter, yes, but I'm not worried at all, I will never use the stock CU, the change is abysmal, enough to discard it from the original form, even the performance has changed, with a load of 0.10 gr is giving me about 6/7 very satiating and satisfying puffs

I leave you a link with a video

Well, we have a similar performance then, it seems to me an excessive consumption but it could be the normal consumption of the halogen, I don't know either, but it will be a question of buying more batteries :(
What Vap Cap stem are you using if you don't mind me asking.. I love little doses like that.. Thx

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

@DadaBoo No problem buddy. Let me explain by simply repeating what we stated.

You said:

assuming I have answered numerous other peoples question around the same topic and it will possibly convince them instead

And then I said:

Yeah I think that's the type of assumption that runs a business to the ground real quick tbh

Then you started about something totally different, namely:

I don't see how getting as much accurate information about your product out in the wilderness as possible would run a business into the ground?

Which has nothing to do with the thing I warned against: the assuming. So this was pure straw man reasoning on your end and I dislike the fact I have spent the time to explain it cause like I said, it was already clear as fuck.

Edit: Oh also I think you grossly overestimate the time people have lol
You have as much time to formulate a reply as you like

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
And the standards that YLL is being held to with questions about the specific 3M adhesive, etc seem to be overkill relative to any other interrogation of manufacturers I've seen here.
You must be new here. FC has always questioned new products. It's kinda our thing. Lots of manufacturers choose to not deal with it, so they leave. I don't blame them, it's their choice. Those manufacturers that do stick around and survive the gauntlet of FC skepticism generally earn the respect of the community. Of course it's important to be respectful when asking questions to abide by our rules. If you see a post that breaks the rules, please report it and let the staff handle it.

If you can't handle the heat, don't get in the kitchen is my message to him. And if he considers FC heat then good luck in exceeding in an already hyper-competitve industry...

Look Here Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney

:peace:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
You must be new here. FC has always questioned new products. It's kinda our thing. Lots of manufacturers choose to not deal with it, so they leave. I don't blame them, it's their choice. Those manufacturers that do stick around and survive the gauntlet of FC skepticism generally earn the respect of the community. Of course it's important to be respectful when asking questions to abide by our rules. If you see a post that breaks the rules, please report it and let the staff handle it.

Look Here Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney

:peace:

I’ve not posted here as I have no current interest in this vape.

However, I must respond to Stu’s post, as I agree 100%, as he in a short amount of words, put it best.

Some of the product threads I follow, were in fact started by a manufacturer or company rep., they get exposure and feedback, and potentially some paying customers. Some have abandoned their own product threads (Simrell, Maxvapor, Grasshopper, etc.)
Some got what they wanted or needed here, and then left or ghosted. It’s not always a fair exchange perhaps, but I don’t lose sleep over it, as I often like to write directly to a manufacturers customer service department, to see if and when they reply back. This is part of how I judge a company overall.

And yes, asking intelligent questions in a respectful, non threatening manner is something most on FC normally do. There are of course some, that don’t know how to behave in a public forum, but I’ve seen mature company reps deal with these outlier members with no problem, not taking thing’s personal. When a manufacturer or company representative gets or acts “insulted”, or has something to hide, then leaves, I believe it’s no great loss to begin with. Plenty others have been here for years, and have navigated these threads, to their overall advantage.

Back to my regularly scheduled threads. :)

Texus

This. I think a lot of people got excited they were chosen to get a vape early and let that bias into their reviews
I don’t know. You’re entitled to your opinion. To me this whole thing just reads like a manufacturer did a great job of finding a few people here, on Reddit, or social media. Whether through samples, discounts, a contract or whatever (maybe just people excited for exposure on their yt/instagram/general social media brand online) they recruited a bunch of hype men, and now that there’s some scrutiny the hype is turning out to be a little overblown.
Y'all can back the he'll off with these accusations. I stand by every word I've written about this vape. I was early on the notification list for when this became available. But I'm no rose-colored glasses newbie in this scene. And loads of vapes to compare this to.

Mighty (Angus slays it)
Halo (in the ballpark but slight nod to Halo)
Herborizer (in the ballpark but slight nod to Herborizer which I'd also put a tad above Halo)
Herbalizer (newest toy, with fan off and same whip Angus wins on flavor at 395. Tho I find myself liking Herbalizer better at higher temps than that. Which is favorite for Angus)
v3 (no contest prefer Angus)
FW7 (very different signatures, Angus better on flavor, FW7 hits harder)
Vapman (Angus gives stronger hits, which also makes flavor a bit more intense)
Nano XL (fairly similar thru Nano glass stem, Nano has bit denser hits)
Underdog (a bit lighter hit than Nano, Angus wins on flavor here likely due to metal Underdog stem)
Tafee Bowle (need to do these side by side)

As well as radically different vapes like B2, B0, Vapbong, and butane gang (OWW, Anvil, DV, Sticky Bricks).

And all of this is context for the Question "What is winning my reach test at home after having it more than a month?"

Angus. With FW7 dimpled cooling stem. Packed as unground nugs.

I've never had anything that hits such a sweet spot for convenience and flavor.

DadaBoo

@DadaBoo No problem buddy. Let me explain by simply repeating what we stated.

You said:

And then I said:

Then you started about something totally different, namely:

Which has nothing to do with the thing I warned against: the assuming. So this was pure straw man reasoning on your end and I dislike the fact I have spent the time to explain it cause like I said, it was already clear as fuck.

Edit: Oh also I think you grossly overestimate the time people have lol
It still does not make sense, if you actually put the effort in to think about it.

Assuming seems to be the word you are caught up on.

If I answer a question, I would consider the question answered. Therefore I would assume other people's question around the same topic is answered also. What is not logical about that? That seems a very reasonable thought process to me.

Now that does not mean people are not free to continue to ask me questions, it would simply be an internal assumption that the time spent on the reply, was worth while.

As for the time to reply, I mean it's a forum... there is no responsibility for me to reply as instantly as there would be in face to face communication. That's the point, it gives you time to formulate your reply. And a reply could take 2 days if I wanted.

I am not gonna reply to anymore questions regarding this because its such a basic concept.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Wrt the speculation about there being some beta testing team that didn't do their part, or the early receivers being either paid or looking for internet clout to praise the device. I feel addressed because I have been positive about this device and I post some videos and shit with it. It's really weak and sad and low to make these general blows (which makes it difficult to argue against) toward such a small group of people that it's hard not to take it personal.

I don't care if people think that their flavor buds are so superior and they perceive the pure flavor or some shit lol, it's fine. But everything Ipraised this vape for still stands. Love the flavor for a low temp session. Prefer it over TM2 to rip through water. Best session device I've tried (I dislike MV in comparison). Was I excited to get the chance to BUY the devide early? Yes. Has that clouded my judgement? Well I'm not gonna lie, I was in that honeymoon phase. But seeing as my view of the device quality as extractor of cannabinoids and producer of vapor hasn't changed a bit over time, I think I wasn't too far off.

This indirect ad hominem bullshit I am done with now though. I will report if suggestions against my sincerity (either direct or indirect) will continue.

@gordontreeman maybe you can consider the way you are approaching this. Your mind seems to have gotten away from you. You claim the scrutiny and unanswered questions uncovered the fact the device was overhyped. But all the aspects that seem to deserve scrutiny have nothing to do with the praise the device got. So your attacks on people's sincerity make no sense and are non sequitir.

If I answer a question, I would consider the question answered. Therefore I would assume other people's question around the same topic is answered also. What is not logical about that? That seems a very reasonable thought process to me.
Case in point this tiny boring discussion of ours. I considered this question of yours about why those type of assumptions are dangerous in business answered, even before you posted it. But okay, ik still explain it through repeating what we had already said, so then - following your logic - I considered your question answered and assume other people's are as well. So case closed for mee, assuming the happy outcome. But here I still see other users, because yeah public forum, upvoting your responses to my explanation. So my assumption is wrong. Luckily I don't run a business, because it would either take me even more explaining to clear this shit up, or I'd risk losing interest of prospective buyers and creat a sketchy vibe by no longer responding.

I am not gonna reply to anymore questions regarding this because its such a basic concept.

I didn't post no questions, that was you lol, but yeah this was my least interesting convo here so thanks.

Last edited:

Manako_

What Vap Cap stem are you using if you don't mind me asking.. I love little doses like that.. Thx
I used one that comes included in a transport case that I bought at Vapefully, I leave you the link in case you can recognize it

Manako_,

DadaBoo

Wrt the speculation about there being some beta testing team that didn't do their part, or the early receivers being either paid or looking for internet clout to praise the device. I feel addressed because I have been positive about this device and I post some videos and shit with it. It's really weak and sad and low to make these general blows (which makes it difficult to argue against) toward such a small group of people that it's hard not to take it personal.

I don't care if people think that their flavor buds are so superior and they perceive the pure flavor or some shit lol, it's fine. But everything Ipraised this vape for still stands. Love the flavor for a low temp session. Prefer it over TM2 to rip through water. Best session device I've tried (I dislike MV in comparison). Was I excited to get the chance to BUY the devide early? Yes. Has that clouded my judgement? Well I'm not gonna lie, I was in that honeymoon phase. But seeing as my view of the device quality as extractor of cannabinoids and producer of vapor hasn't changed a bit over time, I think I wasn't too far off.

This indirect ad hominem bullshit I am done with now though. I will report if suggestions against my sincerity (either direct or indirect) will continue.

@gordontreeman maybe you can consider the way you are approaching this. Your mind seems to have gotten away from you. You claim the scrutiny and unanswered questions uncovered the fact the device was overhyped. But all the aspects that seem to deserve scrutiny have nothing to do with the praise the device got. So your attacks on people's sincerity make no sense and are non sequitir.

Case in point this tiny boring discussion of ours. I considered this question of yours about why those type of assumptions are dangerous in business answered, even before you posted it. But okay, ik still explain it through repeating what we had already said, so then - following your logic - I considered your question answered and assume other people's are as well. So case closed for mee, assuming the happy outcome. But here I still see other users, because yeah public forum, upvoting your responses to my explanation. So my assumption is wrong. Luckily I don't run a business, because it would either take me even more explaining to clear this shit up, or I'd risk losing interest of prospective buyers and creat a sketchy vibe by no longer responding.

I didn't post no questions, that was you lol, but yeah this was my least interesting convo here so thanks.
I'm still unsure how what I have said is so continuous, I mean most companies have FAQ's specifically for the purpose I described.

I'm not sure how FAQ's could run a company into the ground. Their purpose is to help potential customers with accurate information about their product. A company would make an assumption that the FAQ's answer specific questions about their product. If a potential buyer wants to know an answer that is already supplied by the FAQ's, the company can direct them to the FAQ page.

It's no different to answering questions here. Answer a question and if someone wants to know the answer to the same question a few pages later, link them back to your previous answer. It's just logical to me.

Anyway, it's obvious we can't agree on this for some reason, I don't know why, but it is what it is.

I'm gonna leave it here and let people discuss the actual vape, after all, I am still keen to hear users experience with the Angus.

Take it easy m8.

YLLVAPE OFFICAL

Accessory Maker
Hello, guys.

I am sorry for Angus issues, and hold up your time on this. I will be always responsible for my work and products without any doubts. The angus definetly needs a better cooling unit.

Our team takes melting and discoloration issues very seriously. We see the potency on Angus and would like to do whatever we can do to fix it to make better Angus.

The device with melting plastic issue is on the way, and we will check out how it happens on earth. I am sorry that i did not response in time, I was planning to give a good answer when the new cooling unit sample is ready and get that device next week. Meantime we are working on the new cooling unit ( replace this part into metal material), It will be also easy to clean without tweezer tool for dis assembling. Will test each part temperature of cooling unit at highest temperature for the new one, and i will show you our testing here. and send the new cooling unit to customers who has issue with the CU to test. and based on feedback, we will see if its good to update for Angus.

I can see everyone has high value expectation on Angus. YLLVAPE wants to make an unique and great vaporizer in the market. we will not disappoint you. Give us some time.

Let me know your question or concern here, and I will be here to answer.

DadaBoo

Hello, guys.

I am sorry for Angus issues, and hold up your time on this. I will be always responsible for my work and products without any doubts. The angus definetly needs a better cooling unit.

Our team takes melting and discoloration issues very seriously. We see the potency on Angus and would like to do whatever we can do to fix it to make better Angus.

The device with melting plastic issue is on the way, and we will check out how it happens on earth. I am sorry that i did not response in time, I was planning to give a good answer when the new cooling unit sample is ready and get that device next week. Meantime we are working on the new cooling unit ( replace this part into metal material), It will be also easy to clean without tweezer tool for dis assembling. Will test each part temperature of cooling unit at highest temperature for the new one, and i will show you our testing here. and send the new cooling unit to customers who has issue with the CU to test. and based on feedback, we will see if its good to update for Angus.

I can see everyone has high value expectation on Angus. YLLVAPE wants to make an unique and great vaporizer in the market. we will not disappoint you. Give us some time.

Awesome stuff, I look forward to getting this bad boy once the improvements have been implemented.

Thank you for your time and effort in posting this, it's most appreciated.

felvapes

I would like to see a CU with no PPSU at all myself
Materials like PEEK and metal or ceramic or other known choices will eliminate any possibility of off gassing at all
180° is too low imo and the discolouration issues also from watered down iso
Using a material that has a higher temp rating will gain the confidence of more customers and they will be happier to make a purchase I think
I believe it's great you are here Mike and that you are redesigning the MP/CU
But I do not feel confident with the same material being used at all, the metal will still get hot and radiate

Last edited:

YLLVAPE OFFICAL

Accessory Maker
2 of the holes had metal washers on top and 2 didn't. 1 of the 2 washers wasn't lined up with the hole and looks like it was just squashed between the top plate and wood.
That two metal washers are for the balance charging function. its okay without them, or only has one metal washer. Its for double protection.

I have the same discoloration now. I cleaned mine yesterday with ISO, but I didn't soak it. I used 99.999% anhydrous ISO out of a spray bottle and then wiped the unit with a towel, then I sprayed it again and rinsed under hot water. The bottom of my CU not looks like the one in @bm96's picture.
the discoloration is on the middle part where faces the hot vapor directly. We will use metal material for this part, and it will also cool down the vapor. and + high percentage iso it causes the discoloration. On the new one, i will have dozens of CU do the testing on 99% iso.

And no warranty? Lol, I find that hard to believe
Customer service is the most important part of a product. There is some misunderstanding between the buyer and poster. the refund was received after talking to the dealer.

I want to change the screen to the SS mesh ones. What size do I need to get?
and yes, from the feedback about the screen, it gets logged sometimes. and i was working on the new one to check last week. Here is the drawing.

Yes Mike is done with FC. I have provided the mods some of his feedback as to why.
I am sorry, Scott, thanks for suggestion to be active here for answering the question. sometimes i do not know how to say it correctly, and planed to get the new cooling unit ready then give a good answer. its the best to be here anytime to talk with FC mods. in this way, People will know exactly whats going on on my side.

I would like to see a CU with no PPSU at all myself
Materials like PEEK and metal or ceramic or other known choices will eliminate any possibility of off gassing at all
180° is too low imo and the discolouration issues also from watered down iso
Using a material that has a higher temp rating will gain the confidence of more customers and they will be happier to make a purchase I think
I believe it's great you are here Mike and that you are redesigning the MP/CU
But I do not feel confident with the same material being used at all, the metal will still get hot and radiate
For PPSU material, we will make it the CU plastic at a safe temperature range. We had talked to our supplier about the PEEK, they are not able to do good treatment on the surface, also we can not do the coating on the surface. but PPSU is more closed to PEEK and better than PA66+gf30%, strong enough and clean. i will show the CU temperature testing here. also we make good space for the CU to install beads as well.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@YLLVAPE OFFICAL I think there is one more thing to be cleared,since there is speculation. Was your design influenced by the Apollo 2 Halogen Portable ? I cannot help but notice how similar the constrution of the top panel and some other parts are. Please dont consider this an attack on your product, it is totally fine to be inspired by others,but credit is due IMO,so i am asking if it is the case !
Other than that good luck with your product, other people have had a rough start and managed to bounce out of it !||
angus-halogen-vaporizer-by-yllvape-v0-rw73gzb23bs91.jpg
3nOjK64oTAOQW0miDvkXC9pOuS6biQhXOsenXpMo1fM.jpg

Last edited:

felvapes

Hello, guys.

For PPSU material, we will make it the CU plastic at a safe temperature range. We had talked to our supplier about the PEEK, they are not able to do good treatment on the surface, also we can not do the coating on the surface. but PPSU is more closed to PEEK and better than PA66+gf30%, strong enough and clean. i will show the CU temperature testing here. also we make good space for the CU to install beads as well.
I do not feel safe with PPSU
It's off gas is much lower than PEEK
you have already had issues with discolouration
But when you look up PPSU it is not as good a material as other choices you have
Saying you will check temps are below the 230 melt point is not good enough imo
The off gas temp is 180°

Just avoid the possibility at all
I think that you would be better using a material that is known and more commonly used in vapes

Whatever s&b use has no issues at all
If you must use plastic - please consider something else

I think more customers will buy your vape if you do this - more sales is going to bring more profits than trying to save using a lower rated material and selling less units as a result

Top Bottom