The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Unklmark68

I was first gonna pick on the way the end-grain looks blown out a bit, just above the power button,
BUT
then I saw your wpa...
kudos! noice piece!
Just a rough spot that needs sanding and polishing the rest is smooth

Refined the mouthpiece/WPA , shaped it a little and installed a modified POTV One screen to seal it up 100%
Friction fit, no magnets needed

vapviking

Old & In the Way
You know I was talking about the Angus, right? Just pointing out that this may have passed muster at the factory.
Not faulting your work, I applaud you efforts!

vapviking,

Bruskee

Refined the mouthpiece/WPA , shaped it a little and installed a modified POTV One screen to seal it up 100%
Friction fit, no magnets needed

Cooling Mouthpiece \14mm WPA...Walnut and Maple with Amber glass
I carved 90% off of the online pics while waiting for mine to get here.
Damn that's killer, I want one! you making them to sell?. My Angus should be here any time.

Bruskee,
Reactions: 364F

Dr. G

Old Resident
Hello everyone, I just received my Angus. That was really fast from VGoodiez...I really like them too. I will have to visit this vape after work today this evening...but, I did open it and it looked very impressive. The case is super nice by the way...much needed. I wish Tinymight provided something like this...the Angus looks very nice I must say. I want to congratulate the makers and wish them all great luck for the future. Thank you VGoodiez for a wonderful packaging and how fast it arrived. I mean I just ordered it! Thank you.

Note to vape makers: ...if your vape is portable please provide a case. I do not want my keys to make a new design on the wood or face of the vape while in my pocket. I truly appreicate this case...and how everything fits in there. Thoughtful. I love it.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Battery question - I want to maintain 2 pairs of batteries just for the Angus - is there any safety reason to keep me from marking each pair of batteries with a Sharpie or a small piece of scotch tape?

Oh, and my Angus is waiting for me at home, can’t wait to give it a go!

BL4ZE

The Ol Angus came in today. Opening up the case your met with a very nice looking vape. Has a nice solid feel in the hands and a good weight to it.
Mine has an imperfection in the wood above the power button that runs for about 1.5 inches, not sure how to explain it, but kind of like a bubbled line in the wood. It kind of reminds me of vinyl wood flooring that got water damage. Couldn't really get a good picture of it but it's just a cosmetic thing.
One thing I noticed is you can't fast click the vape on or it doesn't respond. You have to click 3 times at a slower pace. Something I'll have to get use to compared to some of my other portables.
Secondly, the Wpa in a 14mm joint doesn't fit the greatest. It has a lot of wobble to it as there's not enough depth to the wpa adapter to sit into the joint. It only fits into the joint about a 1/4th of the way compared to a normal 14mm glass wpa that will sit all the way in and flush with my glass pieces. It'll work but we certainly need an upgraded/dedicated adapter for 14 and 18mm pieces. Never been a fan of these multi adapters. See my last picture for what I'm talking about. You can tell the vape has a lean to it and barely goes into the joint.

Performance.... well I've got to charge batteries and do a burn off so you guys will have to wait until later.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Is the Angus body American Black Walnut, anybody know?
Or, do we know what species it is, or generic name?

Last edited:
vapviking,
Reactions: 364F

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Mine is here as well, insanely fast shipping from @VGOODIEZ... I've got it disassembled and cleaned, now airing out, the silicone piece from the cooling unit assembly holding the mouthpiece is still soaking though... Unfortunately one of the little o-rings came out when I pulled out the mouthpiece and I'm not sure how I will be able to get it back in lol it was also really tough for me to disassemble the cooling unit following the instructions with the tweezer, took a lot of pressure, trying not to risk breaking, then it fell out of my hands as I pulled it apart, fortunately nothing broken so I got it all cleaned up and will reassemble! I can see how the screens and their holders are not such a great system though unfortunately... Always a tricky thing to nail with these vapes! At least it can be improved and changed for the future?

Battery question - I want to maintain 2 pairs of batteries just for the Angus - is there any safety reason to keep me from marking each pair of batteries with a Sharpie or a small piece of scotch tape?

Zero problem marking them with some permanent marker, I do that with mine too, only issue is that it gets rubbed off and fades over time, so you may have to reapply at some point depending on the marker used (electrical tape could work fine too but make them thicker, I would stick with the marker)

Secondly, the Wpa in a 14mm joint doesn't fit the greatest. It has a lot of wobble to it as there's not enough depth to the wpa adapter to sit into the joint. It only fits into the joint about a 1/4th of the way compared to a normal 14mm glass wpa that will sit all the way in and flush with my glass pieces. It'll work but we certainly need an upgraded/dedicated adapter for 14 and 18mm pieces. Never been a fan of these multi adapters. See my last picture for what I'm talking about. You can tell the vape has a lean to it and barely goes into the joint.

This gets at what I was saying about these multi adapters, how they don't fit in everything, there's a lot of variance in glass, so there are likely plenty of 14 mm female that it will fit well in, but that is going to be tricky, better with 18 mm female probably, although that also depends on the specific joints... Looks like you got some more figured walnut despite the flaw!

Anyway he has a pretty nice set, two dosing capsules included, nice to be able to try them though I don't have high hopes for my needs with them, everything in the little plastic cases in the case is a really nice touch, plus the case of course! Simple instruction manual and quick start card... It came so early I did not have my batteries fully charged yet either lol

MrBaked.co

So what's everyone's thoughts on this thing compared to the mighty?

How big are the capsules compared to the mighty capsules?

How's it rip through a bong compared to the mighty? I just vape my mighty natively as its a bit to airy in the bong..

Cheers

Here's something I'm not hearing much talk about: the angus does not make me cough like the b-0 and Tinymight do, even deep into the session.
How's it compare to the mighty if you have one of those?

MrBaked.co,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder

How's it rip through a bong compared to the mighty? I just vape my mighty natively as its a bit to airy in the bong..

Cheers

floribud

I carved an adapter so that The Angus now accepts Lamart and RBT mouthpieces
Walnut with Emerald Glass
Was wondering how long it would take Unklmark to do something "crazy" with the Angus. Love it!

Just hit this order button, can't wait to compare to my ALP. Will have to have a long session with much "science".

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I would use a 14 to 10 mm reducer and or 19 to 14 with the wpa. It works great with my wpa (beta one)

Cheers

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I had one. It's everything I liked about the mighty with none of my dislikes! It's got the same great workflow/ergonomics and gives me the same nostalgia that the mighty does but better.

The mighty vapor always made cough for the whole bowl (that's why I sold mine) and it's plastic and no replaceable batteries and the avb was never dark enough. The angus solves all of those things while also having much much much much better flavor than any of my other devices except maybe the vapman. Even then, the vapman is a different type of tasty so it's rather incomparable to the angus.

The truly great thing about the angus that no other vape has given me is, despite being a session device, I don't feel like there's one great hit and several ok hits every bowl. Each hit is potent and satisfying. Despite not being the densest vapor on the market, I'm still getting a good head rush on all 3 hits if I do a bowl at max temp.

I think the angus is the next go to "beater vape" if I'm honest and it's something I've wanted out of a vape for quite some time.

Edit: forgot there's a thread for this. Hopefully my comments aren't too off track from angus talk ;)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Got excited for a second when I thought HR Fierce stems could fit into the chamber and seal with the o-ring, but just the slightest bit too wide of a diameter, visually should fit, damn it so close! Me want stem vape lol

Thumos

Gotta admit....I had doubts that this was all hype--marketing/business. I'm on like my 4th bowl. This has amazing flavor. CBD flower that I called "hay" and "grass" now share their terpenes with me. Yes. Thank you all for the well-deserved hype! I am loving this thing.

someTooL

Received today.

Share the same positive thoughts as others. 1st two ovens have been user friendly and TASTE superb. Time will tell for sure, but initial experience I’m glad I got in now. Easy to see this priced a little north of where it is.

Did a few initial burn offs and pulled the batteries for a quick check…nothing to see here folks.

My WPA fits nicely in all my drop downs and rigs.

The wood pattern is, well, unique. Not a bad unique, just unique. I don’t have enough experience and would love to hear others thoughts on the variety of walnut used.

Top Bottom